2017-Hopes and Speculations [Long Post]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

Hi Guys,

2017 came to us and this means that we will see a new expansion rather for sure. You will find some speculations, maybe you will smile or laugh or cry, whatever you want and the wishes to the best Community and ArenaNet, who created this Community, not only in this Forum, but also in Reddit. Enjoy!

Some Speculations
We don’t know when 4th episode will come out, but I think, that a lot of players expect January as the month of release (maybe something like Halloween event and then Ep 3 ~2 months ago).
I think, that the Wintersday will end on January 10 and then Episode 4 will come out on January 24 (something like in November).

2016- the year of ups and downs
I don’t wanna make a summary for 2016, we saw ups and downs, but everything is going to be good if devs will work so hard as they did. I am so happy, that Gliding in Core Tyria was added and this thing was the best in the whole year for me.

2017- more secret will be revealed
So, new year brings hopes and every single player wants get something, what would make play this Game constantly, I am really interested by Living Story 3, because of new story and new maps. I feel, that a lot of secrets will be revealed, much more than in Ep 1, 2 or 3. (We will discover that Jennah is a reptilian- kidding, maybe…).

New Epic Battles
I don’t think so, that we will see 5th episode, I think, that the next episode will be last in this year and then the wave of problems will cause a lot of bad things, maybe we will see an events similar to the Twisted Marionette Battle or to the Battle on the Breachmaker before an Expansion of course.

New World Bosses
I am a bit disappointed, that new maps didn’t bring a new world boss- we only see some champions in Ember Bay and a lot of svanirs in Bitterfrost Frontier. I expected the Primordus’s or Jormag’s boss- new Megadestroyer, new Claw of Jormag. I thought, that the frozen Claw of Jormag in Bitterfrost Frontier would rise and will cause an epic battle, but it didn’t happen. I don’t expect a world boss in the new location, but who knows…

Episode 4- Kryta’s matters’ll back?
We didn’t get any information from Queen Jennah and Kasmeer. I heard a lot of dialogues in Divinity’s Reach, who say, that Queen Jennah is too young to be the Queen, and Caudecus should be the king of Kryta. 50% Kryta wants keep Jennah as the queen, 50% wants someone new. It has to cause a war.

Sylvari and Pale Tree’s Future
Sylvari are afraid of their future, because even Nightmare Court couldn’t stand Mordremoth’s voice. Sylvari is really young race and the balance between Sylvari and other races has been breached so much. Caithe is a leader of Sylvari now, but she has to restore trust. The Commander trusted her again, she took care of Aurene, but we don’t know, will other races trust her again.

Aurene and her destiny
“[She] could be the Key to defeating the Dragons”. In the time, when at least we have to stand against 2 dragons, what is the role for Aurene in these dark times? The Exalted says, that she will get a great power. She is so young now, but I am waiting for her first steps in Tyria.

Taimi and Rata Novus
I really like the great dialogues between the Commander and her, are so so funny, but with the seriousness. I expect more “a little talks”, because are great part of the whole storytelling. I like the idea, that we would force Primordus and Jormag to destroy each other, we have not an army, like we had against Mordremoth, so we have to find easier ways to kill the dragons.

Rytlock’s Secrets
Rytlock is really mysterious after his journey in the Mists and I am really curious what he saw there. I hope that after some “problems” with other charrs, he will say everything and he won’t be “zipper-lips” anymore.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

(edited by Arden.7480)

Arden.7480

Logan and Zojja, what’s up there?
We still don’t know what is happening with them. "GW2 Upcoming Spoilers: Caithe forms all-sylvari guild named “Destiny’s Hedge”. Logan & Zojja go into food service ind. as “Kralkaterring”.". First thing, I thought was “WTH is going on” What if it will come true… This is so funny anyway

Stupidity, so the matter of Norns
Braham needs a teat, he behaves worst than kid, he started to attack us, because suddenly he wants show how great and fantastic he is, but this situation looks really ridiculous. He made “a crack in the Ice” and suddenly all of norns want fight against Jormag. Zojja and Logan as Kralkaterring, Norns as Jormaterring.

A new 4-bosses raid soon?
I would see a new raid releases together with the episode 4. But I have to wait few weeks and maybe we will get the new raid. I am waiting with the impatience.

New Fractal- “Maybe? Probably. Yes.”
Chaos Fractal is really good, I like mechanics in this fractal, especially last boss is really good. But Nightmare Fractal is the masterpiece, I love an idea, that ANet brings back LS1 stuffs and I hope, that we will see the next Fractal. Maybe the next return of LS1’s things, who knows.

Fashion Wars 2- Gem Store updates
I like new stuffs in Gem Store, outfits are good idea, everybody can find whatever wants. I hope, that this idea will be continued, because the Fashion Wars is really great.

Shinyyy, Shinyyy- New Legendaries
New year, new legendaries, so I would see a lot of new legendaries. We have six, new legendaries- Staff, Axe, Pistol, Mace, Short Bow and Shield. In the next big update I would see new longbow or dagger. Anet, please make my wish come true, I want legendaries from you.

I am so scared, that nobody won’t read this topic to the end Anyway thanks for reading and spending your time for my topic

Wishes
I wish to You great New Year, I wish to You a lot of Legendaries, a lot of Achievements! I hope I will see the fantastic Community in this year again.

Dear ArenaNet, I wish to You a lot of patience to Your fantastic players, sometimes we have a weird ideas and maybe our weird speculations make You feel angry or something, but just keep doing great work and everybody will be happy.

See You all!!

(edited by Arden.7480)

Posted by: Azure Fang.8605

Azure Fang.8605

This will have spoilers across multiple LS episodes and the xpac. Be warned, all ye who enter here.

Story and mini-arc speculation and questions that I hope are answered in 2017:

Rifts, though to where? -
Dialogue with Auris Weirdbringer leads me to believe the rifts have actually shunted the player character into different versions of the Guild Wars parallel multiverse (discounting server representations, obviously) How will this come into play in the days to come? In game terms, when will Stabilizer II become useful, and will the rift destinations remain within the world(s) as we know it? Perhaps our meddling will lead is into sections of The Mists (micro-fractals, if you will), or possibly finally give us a taste of what happened to Rytlock during his stay there?

Ley-Line Anomalies -
The ley-lines are going crazy, and I think everyone knows that the blame can be placed squarely on the shoulders of The Pact, Destiny’s Edge, and the player character for killing the Elder Dragons that may or may not be an integral part of the world ecosystem. Will stability continue to degrade as the heroes hunt two more dragons? Will they come to realize what they are doing to the world? Will the release of so much energy stabilize over time and usher in a new high-magic era as hinted during the time of the Human Gods presence on the mortal realm?

The Pale Tree -
Everything we have heard of The Pale Tree’s condition has been negative. I would not be shocked in the slightest if she dies this year. Story stability counts on The Grove remaining alive, however. Perhaps, after her death, a Sylvari will need to sacrifice their life as they know it to revive the tree and replace the previous Avatar? To that end, will Caithe be said sacrifice, finding new purpose, while also following the deeming trend of removing Destiny’s Edge from the current events of Tyria?

Magic Poisoning -
“Sad Anomalies”, random screaming, and The Consortium and Durmand Priory at odds with each other (again): The Priory suggests a cure to the player character’s condition through the creation of a Shadowstone, while The Consortium wants said stone before the player character can use it. Between their cold war over ley-line energy, Crystallized Magic, and now this, what are both factions up to?

Kralkathanmoth, better known as Aurene -
That sweet little dragon with a penchant for apparently watching your every move and sending mesmer illusions to applaud your successes and mourn you lying face down in the mud, with features and magic of three Elder Dragons (no, Big Purple isn’t dead, but she comes from his stock). Will she be affected by the death of the next (two) dragons? Are we rearing a Dragon God or mothering our own demise? She’s a playful child now, but when will she hit that angsty teen phase?

Norn pride, or, The downfall of Braham -
So Braham took a precursor bow from his mother and finished crafting his legendary, then successfully stuck a toothpick into Jormag’s tooth. His personality is starting to seem very 200-years-ago Norn. Is he going to take the old “One Norn Army” mentality to Jormag’s doorstep and possibly to his own grave? Or is he going to lead more lambs to the slaughter?

Why can’t I hold all of these cats? -
Are some of us turning into crazy old cat ladies? Is this penchant for herding hungry felines another symptom of magic overload? What is that rather dubious soup, where did they find what appears to be an Asuran levitating pot, and how are they cooking without opposable thumbs? /sarcasm

(edited by Azure Fang.8605)

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

I want more story on the other races. Primordus and Jormag is a great opportunity to get more detail and depth on Asuran and Norn lore and political systems. As much as I love my cabbages, the story as a whole right now seems to have far, far too much focus on Human and Sylvari and not enough focus on others.

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

Posted by: Shampanix.3928

Shampanix.3928

Let me add some of mine to your topic:

1. LS3 total of 6 episodes.
- Anet stated LS3 will have less episodes than ls2 and we already know they have 3 separate teams working for each episode. They work half a year on one episode (this will also be important in point 2). So we have possible outcomes 3×2, 3×3, 3×4. Only logical outcome to pick is 3×2 (unless they decide to make 5 episodes, but continue reading please)

2. Second expansion and timing of releases.
- So we already know that the second expansion is in the work for a +year now (except for a break when they were fixing HoT). I would say we can expect launch at september/october this year.

Lets do the math, logic and up-to-date observation of releases. Take note that Mo already stated they want to avoid content draughts like the one happened after and prior to HoT release:

LS3E4 end of january, LS3E5 end of march, LS3E6 end of may/begining of June. Accordingly teams 1 and 2 will be free to join Expansion team to speed up/testing on the final stage of works.

After release of final LS3E6 team no 3 will start working on LS4e1 to make it ready for begining of 2018 to avoid too long content drought. Next we have the release of expac at which team 1 goes back to LS, team 2 stays for 3 months to support fixes within expac and then goes LS as well – and again we have a very good pace of LS episode each 2 months which people seem to be ok with.

By this we get around 3-4 months between ls3e6 and 2. expansion which seems reasonable due to hype increase and awaiting + droping hints at new content. We also have 3-4 months between 2. expansion and ls4e1 due to content ammount we get in 2. expansion to chew on.

3. Announcement.
OK so PAX south maybe? Tho a bit more probable is time near to ls3e5/6 release. It will be more impactful to drag our attention away from “no more ls3? omg” to “whoa new expac”. Seems like good moment to drop such info.

What ya think?
PS: Sorry for any english errors.
PPS: You can find sources for my info in AMAs they did in 2016. Sorry for not quiting directly, I don’t have time now to find all of this.

(edited by Shampanix.3928)

Posted by: Azure Fang.8605

Azure Fang.8605

I want more story on the other races. Primordus and Jormag is a great opportunity to get more detail and depth on Asuran and Norn lore and political systems. As much as I love my cabbages, the story as a whole right now seems to have far, far too much focus on Human and Sylvari and not enough focus on others.

I agree with this point. GW1, while Human-playable only, had a strong amount of Norn and Asura story with the expansions. GW2 has 5 playable races, yet Asura and Sylvari have taken the story forefront. Norn seem to be getting their turn with the recent direction of LS3, but I’m afraid with standing plot Asura and Sylvari are going to get more attention. Humans got a bit with Zephyr Sanctum and the associated festivals plus story, but short of Rytlock’s “Final Fantasy IV – Cecil becomes a Paladin” class change Charr have really gotten the short end of the stick. Charr seriously need their due, Humans need a little more, and Norn seem to be getting their time (and I’m hope I’m right). Let Asura and Sylvari sit on the sidelines for a bit.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

outfits are good idea

Nope. We need more armors, less outfits.

Arden.7480

Let me add some of mine to your topic:

1. LS3 total of 6 episodes.
- Anet stated LS3 will have less episodes than ls2 and we already know they have 3 separate teams working for each episode. They work half a year on one episode (this will also be important in point 2). So we have possible outcomes 3×2, 3×3, 3×4. Only logical outcome to pick is 3×2 (unless they decide to make 5 episodes, but continue reading please)

2. Second expansion and timing of releases.
- So we already know that the second expansion is in the work for a +year now (except for a break when they were fixing HoT). I would say we can expect launch at september/october this year.

Lets do the math, logic and up-to-date observation of releases. Take note that Mo already stated they want to avoid content draughts like the one happened after and prior to HoT release:

LS3E4 end of january, LS3E5 end of march, LS3E6 end of may/begining of June. Accordingly teams 1 and 2 will be free to join Expansion team to speed up/testing on the final stage of works.

After release of final LS3E6 team no 3 will start working on LS4e1 to make it ready for begining of 2018 to avoid too long content drought. Next we have the release of expac at which team 1 goes back to LS, team 2 stays for 3 months to support fixes within expac and then goes LS as well – and again we have a very good pace of LS episode each 2 months which people seem to be ok with.

By this we get around 3-4 months between ls3e6 and 2. expansion which seems reasonable due to hype increase and awaiting + droping hints at new content. We also have 3-4 months between 2. expansion and ls4e1 due to content ammount we get in 2. expansion to chew on.

3. Announcement.
OK so PAX south maybe? Tho a bit more probable is time near to ls3e5/6 release. It will be more impactful to drag our attention away from “no more ls3? omg” to “whoa new expac”. Seems like good moment to drop such info.

What ya think?
PS: Sorry for any english errors.
PPS: You can find sources for my info in AMAs they did in 2016. Sorry for not quiting directly, I don’t have time now to find all of this.

Yes, I did read this and this is why I don’t expect episodes after Ep 4, because I think, that they would repeat epic battles as they did in LS1, because this point, I mean these great world events made this game absolutely amazing and every player reminds these great time of Guild Wars 2, when ANet gave a lot of amazing content- Fractals, Edge of the Mists, breathtaking story with Scarlet Briar, you know what I mean.

I would love to see the mix of LS1 and LS2 in this year, I mean story with epic world events. I quoted the MO’s words many times in this Forum, because I’m still waiting for epic battles, as he said.

I really think, that the new Epizode will open the gate to something weird and that will cause something interesting in the world, but I cannot say anything, if I didn’t see any trailer for Ep 4

Arden.7480

outfits are good idea

They said, that the making outfits is easier than making every element of an armor separately and I reconciled with this and I just enjoy everything we get. But I respect players, who think different and I know what you are talking about, because I had the same thoughts as you.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

If they think people are going to go head over heels about less content and a possible expansion, they are about as crazy as well…..

There’s still a lot of work to be done on HoT and resolving it’s issues as well as fleshing out its content. To be putting the cart in-front of the horse and banking on an expansion already is commercial suicide.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

At this point, I would trade everything they gave us last year for a few new guild missions.

Arden.7480

At this point, I would trade everything they gave us last year for a few new guild missions.

Yes, this is a good idea, maybe something in HoT maps. :O That would be awesome.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

They said, that the making outfits is easier than making every element of an armor separately and I reconciled with this and I just enjoy everything we get. But I respect players, who think different and I know what you are talking about, because I had the same thoughts as you.

Unfortunately, I can’t enjoy Costumes because 95% of them have some kind of clipping issue on my female Sylvari and that’s the main reason why I’ve only bought ONE Outfit so far (and only use it on leveling characters). Maybe I’d enjoy Outfits more if we got more TIGHT non-clipping stuff instead of buttcapes that go through my legs and arms. However, mix and matching armor pieces will always be more fun, hands down.

My biggest hope for 2017 is (if they don’t want to make more armors) at least get rid of armor weight restrictions because I NEED Medium pants on my Necro!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I’m hoping for another world boss on the level of Teq or TT.

Posted by: Jovel.5706

Jovel.5706

Here’s what I’m expecting for 2017:

• New outfits in the gemstore
  • New black lion weapon sets for black lion claim tickets
  • New gliders in the gemstore
  • 1-3 devastating bugs that will render the game offline for maintenance, force a rollback, and/or change a certain recipe(s) because of said bug(s) along with some content being disabled for weeks
  • No real effort into balancing the skills depending on what game mode they’re being used on. Same builds floating around and same skills being useless and at best, situational
  • Living story episodes with scrapped content, tied to maps that are tiny and inconsistent in quality compared to core Tyria maps
  • Some Quality of Life updates like the expanded material storage tabs
  • More WvW updates that dance around the solution of just merging worlds, this year will remain the year of Blackgate. IF a WvW tournament happens, Blackgate will win
  • More sPvP tournament seasons, no new legendary item to work towards
  • Maybe 1-2 new legendary weapons
  • New holiday decorations
  • News on the expansion and perhaps some rash (read: desperate, foolish) decision on ArenaNet’s end to pull those who quit the game because of content droughts back in
  • Collections tied to living world updates, because gold sinks are fun!!! Collect 16 bear paws for the mega paw!!!!!
  • New raid with 4 bosses or whatever
  • A new fractal or two thrown in somewhere
  • Team queue for ranked matches

Okay 2018 here we come.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

What I’m hoping for

• Braham to stop acting like an entitled kitten in the story
  • We see the next expac drop in 2017
  • 2 new elite specs for each class
  • Massive balancing and rework of nearly every skill/trait/rune/sigil in the game (including reducing the amount of passive procs)
  • Couple new fractals on the same level as Nightmare fractal
  • Tons of new achievement points. Ideally 5k+ new achievements points introduced in 2017 alone
  • Queen’s Gauntlet/Jubilee returning
  • 3 more dragons killed through the storyline (assuming the second expac drops in 2017. Probably 1 dragon in LWS3, the other one will be weakened and killed off in the next expac, and hopefully a third is as well so we can hurry up and almost finish the dragon nonsens)

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

X2 and more elite specs

That’s all I really want

Nalhadia – Kaineng

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

What I’d like for 2017:
-bug-free and polished Precursor collections
-removal of fail/succeed requirements for collection items (reward collection item either way, or make them all require successful event AND balance loot such that letting the event fail is a bad choice.
-Addition of Tyrian Mastery Points that are not locked behind gemstore content. I didn’t know this was a thing until I started playing more seriously on my 2nd account, and I think it is just wrong to do that to people who are newer to the game.
-New, additional, source for Mystic Coins.
-Expansion
-various other items.

What I figure will probably happen:
-More and more items being crammed into gambling boxes (BL Chests)
-Reduction in adding skins that can be obtained through actual game play
-More inaction on the economy, because hoarders.
-More gem store bundles that cost $20+ and contain one highly desire-able item that would normally be 800gems, along with a whole lot of trash that few want.
-and above all else, more inconsistency.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Arden.7480

I would add one more thing:

More ways to farm

There’re only few ways to good farming- HoT maps. Auric Basin is a good way to farm, but we will see a nerf. I don’t know how this nerf will look like, but if it "will makethe economy better " (whatever it means), I am just waiting for this.

But this has really bad site, because players are really accustomed to this farm and that’s the way to farm for many months and suddenly this farm has to disappear.

I am just scared by this nerf and I really don’t know what ANet prepares, but that doesn’t look good.

I would see new way to farm, maybe Mystic Coins farm and T6 mats farm.

(edited by Arden.7480)

OriOri.8724

More ways to farm

There’re only few ways to good farming- HoT maps. Auric Basin is a good way to farm, but we will see a nerf. I don’t know how this nerf will look like, but if it "will makethe economy better " (whatever it means), I am just waiting for this.

But this has really bad site, because players are really accustomed to this farm and that’s the way to farm for many months and suddenly this farm has to disappear.

I am just scared by this nerf and I really don’t know what ANet prepares, but that doesn’t look good.

The problem with this is that there are already dozens of ways to “farm” in this game. People just flock to ABML because its by far the most profitable per time spent. When its nerfed, another farm will inherently have a higher profitability per hour and people will flock there. I don’t think its possible to ever perfectly balance all areas of the game, but simply bringing ABML down and closer to the rest of the game will be healthy

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

More ways to farm

The problem with this is that there are already dozens of ways to “farm” in this game. People just flock to ABML because its by far the most profitable per time spent. When its nerfed, another farm will inherently have a higher profitability per hour and people will flock there. I don’t think its possible to ever perfectly balance all areas of the game, but simply bringing ABML down and closer to the rest of the game will be healthy

Long live the flock!!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Arden.7480

More ways to farm

I am really bored by ABML and this event, but if players like it, so why suddenly this farm has to disappear?
The hardest part of making the farm by devs is probably make the farm work for long time and ABML really did it, even new farms are not good as this farm.

ANet focuses on that, that in ABML you can get T6 mats and a lot of rares, from which you can get globs. But I agree, that too much farms are focusing of getting only these mats especially. And mats like Mystic Coins or others, who have 2,5g or 1 gold already, really have to cost less. T6 mats cost ~0,35.

I only mean, that there should be farms for every mats. You get Mystic Coins really really rare. There are not ways to farm, even not creatures, who drop this often, just stupid, boring, running ley line Anomaly.

I agree, that ANet has to make the economy better, but ANet should improve farms, not nerf them.

So at this point I completely disagree with you, but this is my view.

(edited by Arden.7480)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Yes, this is a good idea, maybe something in HoT maps. :O That would be awesome.

The problem with guild missions on HoT maps is that guild members without HoT can not go there. Now, once the next expansion is released, the core game bundled with HoT will be free (if I’m not mistaken) so adding Guild Missions in HoT maps could be an awesome idea to revitalize the concept.

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

@maddoctor… I wouldn’t assume HoT will ever be “free” and that only Core will be free, and all expansions will be bundled.

In other words, it will always be either Core or Expansion.

OriOri.8724

More ways to farm

I am really bored by ABML and this event, but if players like it, so why suddenly this farm has to disappear?
The hardest part of making the farm by devs is probably make the farm work for long time and ABML really did it, even new farms are not good as this farm.

ANet focuses on that, that in ABML you can get T6 mats and a lot of rares, from which you can get globs. But I agree, that too much farms are focusing of getting only these mats especially. And mats like Mystic Coins or others, who have 2,5g or 1 gold already, really have to cost less. T6 mats cost ~0,35.

I only mean, that there should be farms for every mats. You get Mystic Coins really really rare. There are not ways to farm, even not creatures, who drop this often, just stupid, boring, running ley line Anomaly.

I agree, that ANet has to make the economy better, but ANet should improve farms, not nerf them.

Regardless of whether you think ANet should nerf/buff/do nothing to farms, ABML needs to be addressed. The fact that its a farm isn’t a problem. The problem is that its so much more lucrative than any other farm in the game. Its way too lucrative compared to other content, especially the other HoT metas. That needs to come down. It needs to be more in line with other game “farms”

Arden.7480

More ways to farm

Regardless of whether you think ANet should nerf/buff/do nothing to farms, ABML needs to be addressed. The fact that its a farm isn’t a problem. The problem is that its so much more lucrative than any other farm in the game. Its way too lucrative compared to other content, especially the other HoT metas. That needs to come down. It needs to be more in line with other game “farms”

No, not ABML has to be “more in line”, the other farms have to be. If ANet will give more rewards to each farm, then won’t be the situation, that everyone makes ABML.

In Core Tyria are a lot of map, but nobody doesn’t farm there, because there are not loots like in HoT maps. I mean, that I don’t know what you mean with “more in line”.
Tell me any farm in Core Tyria, who brings a lot of players every single day. (no DT and SW), old regions. So what do you mean with this “in line”, if there are not other farms with really approximate rewards?

And this is not about ML, this is about ‘farm’.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

I’d like Fishing.

Arden.7480

Fishing? Probably quaggans from the pool. That should be called Quagging then

DGraves.3720

You know, a mini-game with Quaggans would actually be quite fun. Like a pseudo-hockey played on an ice rink batting around the critters.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

What I’d love to see getting done finally in 2017:

• Finally the reintrocution of Season 1 Content in a gapless way, all stuff that was years ago not instanced content, like the Marionette Battle should get reimplemented as new queue based “Mass People Fractals” that generates instanced WvW like Maps where people can replay the old Season 1 content in instanced Fractals
  • Implementation finally of Jeweler and Chef 500 together with neccessary reworks under Upgrade System and removal of obsolete Upgrades
    - Jeweler 500 adds new Ascended Sigils, Ascended Runes and Ascended Gemstones as recipes.
    - Chef 500 adds new Ascended Food Recipes that provide new Effects as also increased longer Durations from already known Effects
    - Chef 500 adds also Fishing as new Gathering Job for some specific new Cooking Materials that you can receive only by Fishing
  • Implementation finally of Polymock as new Minigame
  • Implementation finally of Bar Brawls as reimplemented complete Minigame with Achievements like originally planned…
  • Implementation finally of at least Direct X11 Support … 5 + years should really be enough time to bring this, either short before or after the next Expansion.
  • Complete Rework of the Condition and Boon System with the Goal to reduce both sides down to maximum 8, Condept Ideas for this are findable here in the forum.
    - Based on the above Change a complete Rebalance of the Class Mechanics, Upgrades, Skills, Traits and Elite Specializations
    - Complete Rework/Merge of the first Set of Elite Specializations into the Core Classes, so that the second Expansion then will add then 2 Specs per Class as compensation, because the whole first set was nothing else mostly than more powerful Core Classes 2.0 just with different weapons and new Utilities.
  • Defeat of Jormag & Primordus, one as part of the Expansion, the other via the End of Living Story Season 3
    - Complete Redesign of the Claw of Jormag battle with own new Achievements, like done with the other Dragon Champions
    - Implementation of a new Fire Dragon Champion in the Map Fireheart Rise, so that this Map finally gets to see some more action for a nearly high end lvl map as part of the Living Story to change also a bit the design of the map due to earthquakes, eruptions, volcano outbreaks ect.
    - New explorable Maps as part of the Expansion naturally, but hopefully this time more than just only 4… it should be at least 6 New Maps
    - Among this a new Raid Area thats based after the Expansion Territory
  • Implementation of new Stronghold PvP Map(s)
    - as also improvements to the Stronghold PvP format to make it more different from normal PvP
  • Implementation of a nnew third different Borderland Map
    - Complete Redesign of the WvW Format to a Faction Format to solve finally the population problem of this game by a format, that gets rid from the stupid dependence of “Servers”, going over to a Faction System, where its regardless on which Server you play
    - Complete Rework of the WvW Traits
    - Introduction of Class specific WvW traits, to strengthen the strategetic Roles of Classes in that Game Format massively

If these points could be done in 2017, then I’d be super happy, because GW2 would get back then finally more on its right track again.
Also also time now, that finally some way too long overdue things get done.

Seriously how long does ANet want us to wait on certain things like Chef/Jewler 500 for example? Its so ridiculous by now to see, that the game is by now such a hug inconsistent mess after 4 years of cheesehole designing on it.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

DGraves.3720

• Implementation finally of Jeweler and Chef 500 together with neccessary reworks under Upgrade System and removal of obsolete Upgrades
    - Jeweler 500 adds new Ascended Sigils, Ascended Runes and Ascended Gemstones as recipes.
    - Chef 500 adds new Ascended Food Recipes that provide new Effects as also increased longer Durations from already known Effects
    - Chef 500 adds also Fishing as new Gathering Job for some specific new Cooking Materials that you can receive only by Fishing

What would an “Ascended Sigil” be? Not to be naysayer but I do want to avoid the (I suppose inevitable) gear treadmill this might cause. As an aside since ascended jewelry doesn’t have slots wouldn’t Ascended Gemstones and Ascended Runes be competing for the same space in armor?

I’m curious how this would play out.

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

outfits are good idea

I’ll never buy armors unless they remove the transmutation charge system and allow you to freely change as many times as you want.

Meanwhile I have bought many outfits because I can change them whenever I want, and wear whatever type of outfit on any profession. Being a warrior in a dress, or an elementalist in heavy armor.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder

Orpheal.8263

What would an “Ascended Sigil” be? Not to be naysayer but I do want to avoid the (I suppose inevitable) gear treadmill this might cause. As an aside since ascended jewelry doesn’t have slots wouldn’t Ascended Gemstones and Ascended Runes be competing for the same space in armor?

very simple:

Just Upgrades with the same power as Exotic Upgrades, with the only very important difference, that Ascended Upgrades are unlike the eoxtic versions accountbound Unlock Versions that once you have used them up for your account, then you permanently unlock the Effect of that Upgrade for your account and from that moment on you never need to rebuy this Upgrade anymore in PvE/WvW.

This allows you then to use that Upgrade as many times as you want. You don’t need anymore to rebuy that Upgrade if you change anything on your Build in Pve/WvW and chaange one Upgrade out with an other one.

That is very stupid, if you want/need to change out something and you have super expensive runes or sigils currently in your equipment.
If you currently change somethign on your build, these expensive items are either lost, or you are forced to use something that allows you to remove the upgrade without either losing the upgrade or the equipment item what would lead you into having to rebuy that item.

Ascended upgrades simply should be there to make PvE/WvW same as comfortable in Build Making, as like in PvP, where you can change all your upgrades anytime freely, without that you have to fear losing anything or hae to fear beign forced to rebuy something that the game made you lose due to stupid game design that forces this silly “Gold Sink” on you, when there are much better Gold Sinks there that Anet could use instead. without making the Build Diversity so restricted by loseable upgrades

It would be a huge quality of life improvement for everybody and a simple thing that could be used for jeweler 500 recipes later to improve exotic stuff to ascended upgrades.

OriOri.8724

I’m not sold on Ascended Sigils, but I think that we may be getting legendary runes/sigils when Leg armor is released, along with jeweler expanded to 500 to craft them. They would have the exact same stats as the other sigils/runes in the game, but you would be allowed to pick which rune’s effect you want at any time. It would be the easiest way to allow rune “switching” on leg armor. It would also be a convenient excuse as to why leg armor development is taking so long.

Posted by: Stu Grockalot.2937

Stu Grockalot.2937

Here’s what I’d like to see, (it’ll probably never happen but you can dream).

Firstly 9 new Elite specs (1 per profession).

Initially the new Elite spec goes into the thrid trait slot, so a Guardian can choose to be EITHER a Dragonhunter OR Zealot (for example).

Then after a rather long (and difficult) storyline, similar to becoming ascended in GW1, you can then place Elite specs into middle trait line, allowing you to choose Dragonhunter AND Zealot Elite specs for a completely new class.

OriOri.8724

Here’s what I’d like to see, (it’ll probably never happen but you can dream).

Firstly 9 new Elite specs (1 per profession).

Initially the new Elite spec goes into the thrid trait slot, so a Guardian can choose to be EITHER a Dragonhunter OR Zealot (for example).

Then after a rather long (and difficult) storyline, similar to becoming ascended in GW1, you can then place Elite specs into middle trait line, allowing you to choose Dragonhunter AND Zealot Elite specs for a completely new class.

No. Not until all elite specs (present and future) are brought exactly in line with core specs. And I don’t mean buffing core specs, I mean nerfing elite spec lines. They are already ridiculously overpowered, we don’t need to be able to use more than 2.

OP-ness aside, I also don’t see how this could possibly work with some classes considering the elite specs change their class mechanic. Which shroud would necro use if they had Reaper and the next elite specced at the same time? Which virtues would Guard use if they were speccing both DH and Zealot (or whatever it will be called). What about Mesmer’s F5, which elite spec’s mechanic would go into that slot?

Orpheal.8263

Anet should do first some big redesigns on their most meaningful 5 pillars of their totally outdated Combat System that is

1. Health System
2. Condition System
3. Boon System
4. Upgrade System
5. Attribute System

These Core Pillars are in a dire need to get redesigned and adjusted to a game thats about having multiple Elite Specializations per Class in a distant near future.

Anet absolutely threw in the first set of Elite Specializations into a totally unprepared Game Balance State in which the game has outgrown out of its own Basic Systems like a 12 year old child that you as a parent are forcing to use a tiny bicycle that was made originally for a 4 year old kid.

We have here a child, that is outgrown out of its original system and that needs a new better frame system, that is designed around the fact, that more Elite Specializations will get added in the future.
Doing permanently only Skill and Trait Number changes alone won’t solve the Balance Problems of GW2, nor will these make GW2 ever ready to have in the future more Elite Specs per Class.

But redesigning the 5 Core pillars of GW2’s Combat System will do, this will be the neccessary changes to create a strong foundation for GW2 to have in the future more Elite Specs per Class, like 5 per Class (more shouldn’t it be, or it gets unbalanceable and not overviewable anymore and you start into running into idea crossings that Specs will start to become too similar, plus 5 is simply just a very good number for GW2 )

(edited by Orpheal.8263)

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Anet should do first some big redesigns on their most meaningful 5 pillars of their totally outdated Combat System that is

I’d rather for a change they redesign nothing and focus on giving us entirely new things. Redesigns mean less new things.

Orpheal.8263

I could write now more here to your comment, but I will keep myself short now and just say, that I absolutely disagree with you.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

I’d rather for a change they redesign nothing and focus on giving us entirely new things. Redesigns mean less new things.

Hey, now, don’t be so mean: just because Orpheal wants GW3, the newening, without sticking that label on it…

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

100% agree, tired of redesign this, redesign that.

Posted by: CaptainVanguard.4925

CaptainVanguard.4925

The logical things we can expect:

- The remaining 3 episodes of Season 3, between late January and May.
- An Expansion announced at Pax or the end of Season 3 like S2 was.
- Possible World Vs World Revamp.

What would I like to see in Expansion 2:

- A New Race that ISNT The Tengu, preferably Largos or even Mursaat, Revived by Lazarus himself.
- A direction slowly Veering away from the Dragon Storyline as its become stale beyond kittens to give at this point.
- New characters that are NOT THE ONES WE SPEND ALL OUR GOD kitten TIME WITH.
- A more casual friendly end game this time round with less enphasis on HoT esque “challenging group content” as it clearly killed GW2.
- Perhaps a new mutation based solo end game with variable challenges, Solo Dungeons/Story Raids.
- At least 2 new Specialisations for every Class, not just 1.
- More than 4 new zones in an expansion and a story content that lasts more than 2 hours since all of its content was Mastery-Wall-Gated which sucked.