240 Laurels, what to do?

240 Laurels, what to do?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

So I’ve been mass collecting laurels mostly because i don’t know what to do with them. I’m not a big fan of ascended gear, since all content is balanced around exotic gear, so the 5% dps increase is neglible for me. I also have all the stuff that I could want from the laurel vendor atm.

Should I hold on to them and wait and see if anything new is introduced in HoT?

I don’t think there will be because each zone is said to have their own currency, kind of like silverwastes and bandit crests.

Should I just convert them to T6 mats and make gold off them?

240 Laurels, what to do?

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

If nothing else, the T6 mats are a great use of laurels.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

240 Laurels, what to do?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

If you don’t want to buy heavy crafting bags and sell the mats for gold, then wait so see what is added to the vender later.

The Burninator

240 Laurels, what to do?

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

If nothing else, the T6 mats are a great use of laurels.

Profit.

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

240 Laurels, what to do?

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

If you don’t like anything, just buy the t6 mats and sell/store them. That’s what I do when I am not trying to get any ascended recipes/anything else. If anything new is added for laurels, I doubt it will be worth 100 or more, so you can get it quickly with just daily login, so it won’t be too bad if you just buy a load of t6 now.

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

240 Laurels, what to do?

Posted by: Leap Of Faith.8263

Leap Of Faith.8263

505 laurels for me as well. I will probably t6 convert them someday if needed be.

~My Love Sunshine, Guardian [Jade Quarry]

240 Laurels, what to do?

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

make more alts

You could lose some in other ring sets or trinket sets,,

ascended armor for other classes then main only…

But I’m at 90 atm with 17 alts 5 have ascended armor 15 have weapons abd 15 have trinkets

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

(edited by PaxTheGreatOne.9472)

240 Laurels, what to do?

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Do what I do, and just save em all

Attachments:

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

240 Laurels, what to do?

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

I did the T6 mat thing when I needed to finish off some crafting.
Extra profit from the exotic zerker weapons I made.
I also picked up a trinket for my mesmer and stuck some more magic find on it.
I’m back to hoarding them for now.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

240 Laurels, what to do?

Posted by: Rynier.3629

Rynier.3629

ID say save them for now. IF you need gold go the T6 mat option but looking forward to HOTS you might be able to get some extra goodies from laurels.

240 Laurels, what to do?

Posted by: Halvorn.9831

Halvorn.9831

Should you do a precursor hunt when HoT arrives, you may be glad to have saved the laurels for much wanted T6 mats.

240 Laurels, what to do?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

There is also the possibility of new items with HoT that will use laruels. I would hang onto them until at least then.

240 Laurels, what to do?

Posted by: SKATE.1394

SKATE.1394

They’re best used for their original intended purpose of ascended amulets (at the moment), in my opinion. I agree that ascended armor isn’t worth the cost, but the amulets are essentially free with laurels.

20 laurels per amulet + 250 badges of honor saves you gold from having to buy/craft exotic amulets, which are account bound. Ascended amulets can be swapped around to various characters when builds change every 6 months from Anet screwing with skills and traits. And they have the added benefit of unique trinkets which can boost magic find, karma, exp, etc. at the cost of more laurels.

You get three T6 materials per heavy bag, and there’s a chance of them all being Powerful Venoms. T6 is easily farmable if you know where to get them, especially if you have a decent amount of magic find.

Gold is an infinitely replenished resource. Laurels are a time gated material, once spent you have to wait days or weeks to get more, with no possibility of facilitation.

Even if you still feel you don’t need the ascended amulets + their bonus infusions, save the laurels in case something unique does come around. You’ll thank yourself for not having blown them all on a little bit of gold when currency can be obtained in so many different ways.

Personally, I used to just buy new character slots with gold when I could and build another character. I always had a use for another ascended amulet.

(edited by SKATE.1394)