25% Movement Enrichment

25% Movement Enrichment

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Savvy.3258

Savvy.3258

Please, please, please add this pronto.

Enrichment slots are meh to say the least. 20% magic find? OK nice. 20% extra gold? Awful. 20% extra xp? Who cares? 25% movement speed increase, on the other hand…

This should be a standard by now. Every leveling spec out there makes this a priority, there’s so many traits, runes, sigils, weapons, etc., that grant speed that everyone goes out of their way to ensure they have it and not have to walk-crawl when in combat.

I’d ask for 25% extra movement to become a standard and rework everything that grants this passive buffs but that’d require far more work than adding a useful enrichment, so that’s my suggestion: make an enrichment that grants 25% movement speed and I guarantee it’ll be the most popular one. Heck, even having it as a gem item would be an improvement. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It would invalidate a lot of buffs and traits.

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Couple of counter arguments:

• You can’t use the enrichment slots until you’re level 80, which sort of invalidates this for a good bit of the use. Like any kind of leveling.
  • It is definitively a stronger ability than the other existing (lackluster) enrichment slots.
  • It would invalidate all the existing runes, traits, and signets that grants 25%, because heck, there is no reason not to use the infusion instead (since as said, nothing else of much use to put there).
  • Would be better to either just make a generic util/elite available to all races that does this. Or just increase all movement speed with 25% and remove the passive 25%, and change the effect of swiftness.
Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I agree that enrichment bonuses are currently outdated. However, I don’t think movement speed is appropriate — there are balancing reasons why some professions have access to sustained swiftness and others don’t.

More importantly, enrichments are deliberately designed to have no impact on combat, which a speed buff certain would do.

I’d like to see enrichments start to match the boosts we have from the guild hall:

• Gathering
  • WXP and/or WvW rank
  • Map Bonus reward progress
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Eh, I don’t see a problem with having this, maybe reduce it to 15-20% if you guys really think it would be that bad?

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

I agree that enrichment bonuses are currently outdated. However, I don’t think movement speed is appropriate — there are balancing reasons why some professions have access to sustained swiftness and others don’t.

More importantly, enrichments are deliberately designed to have no impact on combat, which a speed buff certain would do.

I’d like to see enrichments start to match the boosts we have from the guild hall:

• Gathering
  • WXP and/or WvW rank

This

Anet should reevaluate the old enrichment infusions (especially the Goldfind one)

and in addition to what Illconceived Was Na.9781 mentioned i would also like to see enrichment Infusions for PvP & WvW reward track progress
basically enrichment infusions for the things that we also can choose from the Guildhall 24h buffs

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

(edited by Orangensaft.7139)

25% Movement Enrichment

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Probably can’t be PvP — they’d have to recode so that PvP recognizes the existence of your PvE/WvW gear.

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Something which never ceases to amaze me is how much players will argue that there ought to be some trivially available way to increase run speed.

But, no one ever seems to consider that if this is so universally required, why not just increase the base movement speed? I mean that avoids all the extra stuff.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Zergs.9715

Zergs.9715

I kinda understand OP’s request. I definitely wouldn’t like for 25% speed to be the only one enrichment slot that changes build. If they ever decide to go for more impactful Enrichments that function as an extra trait I’d applaud it because more decision making is a good thing and promotes variety.

• Gathering
  • WXP and/or WvW rank

In a current system I think these would be perfect, especially the gathering one. Frankly that should have been a mastery line from the start, but this would work as well.

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I agree. I’ve been asking for this since forever. I just want to get rid of my 25% movement speed sigil and use something more fun but also keep my speed.

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I would rather they simply increase base movement speed to the 25% threshold and then update all of the traits/skills/runes that grant it to do something else.

Base movement speed should be a strictly QoL out of combat effect. If you want to run faster in combat, we have a buff called Swiftness that you should be using.

Server: Devona’s Rest

25% Movement Enrichment

Ayrilana.1396

Isn’t OOC movement speed itself a buff? We can boost it now but then people will be asking for it to be boosted again later.

25% Movement Enrichment

mtpelion.4562

Isn’t OOC movement speed itself a buff? We can boost it now but then people will be asking for it to be boosted again later.

It’s a buff in the same way that Magic Find is a buff, and if you recall they completely redesigned armor a while back to prevent an OOC buff from being part of the build dealing with combat.

25% Movement Enrichment

Ayrilana.1396

It’s a buff in the same way that Magic Find is a buff, and if you recall they completely redesigned armor a while back to prevent an OOC buff from being part of the build dealing with combat.

So we’re already buffed for being OOC and not people want that increased further? What’s going to stop them asking for yet another speed increase years later? I also think that a lot of things in the game are balanced based on how movement speed is currently.

25% Movement Enrichment

mtpelion.4562

So we’re already buffed for being OOC and not people want that increased further? What’s going to stop them asking for yet another speed increase years later? I also think that a lot of things in the game are balanced based on how movement speed is currently.

Out of combat movement speed should be UNIFORM for all players, unless you are using Swiftness. I’d prefer uniform at +25% so that it takes less time to walk places, but uniform at the current base would be fine too as long as swiftness is the only way to increase your speed above that of another player.

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

I like the Gold find one. It’s the only one I find worthwhile at all.

+20% magic find when you have 200-300% already doesn’t really increase it much in terms of % growth. My account gold find is around 75% so add 20% to that and I’m at 95%. The percentage of growth is higher.

As for a movespeed one, buy a cheap set of armor with the movespeed runes for you to equip. And change when you know you need to fight

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

25% Movement Enrichment

Ayrilana.1396

Out of combat movement speed should be UNIFORM for all players, unless you are using Swiftness. I’d prefer uniform at +25% so that it takes less time to walk places, but uniform at the current base would be fine too as long as swiftness is the only way to increase your speed above that of another player.

Out of combat movement speed itself is uniform for all players. There are balancing reasons why some classes have signets with a passive 25% and others have traits that give a passive 25%. If there wasn’t then all classes would have a passive.

If an utility infusion were to have a movement speed boost, and I do mean if, it should be no more than 5% and of course not stack.

25% Movement Enrichment

mtpelion.4562

Forcing players to play kitten builds just so you can hang on to an old, unused “balancing” mechanic is a symptom of bad design choices, not a feature.

All +25% movement traits, skills, and runes should either ONLY apply while in combat or should be removed from the game. Out of Combat movement speed, again, is out of combat, thus any discussion of “balance” is irrelevant.

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

• Gathering
  • WXP and/or WvW rank

I don’t think that movement speed should be part of professions. I think that everyone should have access to it. If there are PvP / WvW balance issues, they can already have separate traits from PvE.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

But, no one ever seems to consider that if this is so universally required, why not just increase the base movement speed? I mean that avoids all the extra stuff.

Since the beginning of the game, people have noted (and some left the game) over the feeling of “molasses” that comes from GW2’s base movement. A base movement buff would be received very well, I’m pretty sure.

• Would be better to either just make a generic util/elite available to all races that does this.

Barring a universal movement speed increase (for which +10% ought still be on the table, ANet), having a universal build choice of an Elite slot signet or burst movement skill would be appropriate.

A 25% movement enrichment? I mean, I’d love it if it happened, but it does feel overpowered when framed around build decisions currently present in GW2.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

25% Movement Enrichment

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t think that movement speed should be part of professions. I think that everyone should have access to it. If there are PvP / WvW balance issues, they can already have separate traits from PvE.

Everyone has access to increased speed. Everyone. What varies is the sorts of tradeoffs that must be made to obtain it.

It’s a very common design feature in all sorts of games, even Chess. The burden is on those asking for this fundamental change to explain how it would benefit Guild Wars 2 to remove it. I’m open to being convinced; I just haven’t seen anyone making an argument other than, “I don’t like it” or “it’s unfair.”

Regardless, the thread is about whether Enrichments should include a buff that increases movement speed. The proposal was for a universal increase — that goes against the idea that Enrichments have no impact on combat.

A proposed alternative is to increase speed when out-of-combat. I think that’s also a bad idea for Enrichments, even for PvE. It makes the specific buff too important for everyone to have (putting pressure to get ascended gear on all toons), it makes for a huge difference between veterans and newer players, and it makes it all too easy to ignore some of the common hazards of navigating maps. Worse, it makes being put in combat for common-but-odd reasons too painful, e.g. a short fall, a misclick, your pet refusing to disengage, and so on — those would all be too annoying for words.

tl;dr love the idea of expanding what enrichments can do; I don’t think movement speed should be part of that.

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Fawkes.2836

Fawkes.2836

How about making “Leader of the Pact” mastery apply ooc as well and not only in cities? That way the mastery would atleast be a bit more useful and you could still take the ypeed signet/trait if you want it in combat…

25% Movement Enrichment

Illconceived Was Na.9781

How about making “Leader of the Pact” mastery apply ooc as well and not only in cities? That way the mastery would atleast be a bit more useful and you could still take the ypeed signet/trait if you want it in combat…

That would break balance and remove the utility of swiftness (as well as a couple of skills that boost speed using a different mechanic). Plus, people already complain that OOC speed differs from combat speed; that would become even more noticeable (and annoying to more people).

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Just get rid of swiftness altogether. Add a sprint button that drains endurance. I’ve played so many games that do that, and it just feels better. I made this suggestion a long time ago, but I’m making it again!

25% Movement Enrichment

Rauderi.8706

If we’re thinking of using masteries, I have a HoT idea. ;3
Okay, forgive the terrible pun.

Speed shrooms! If the devs sprinkled those around the core maps (or made a Tyrian mastery similar to it):

• we could have faster map travel that doesn’t demand specs/runes, freeing up our builds
  • it wouldn’t sneak into PvP/WvW at all, no need to worry about it.
  • solves the issue with existing tools, no need to design new items/mounts/skills associated with previous suggestions.
Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

If we are spreading more masteries to core tyria, I’d also like to see some thermal vents pop up in a few maps (and Mt Maelstrom would already fit lorewise, since its a volcano). But speed shrooms would be great too

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Every class has either easy access to perma swiftness or has an IMS signet or trait. This is a bad idea.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

25% Movement Enrichment

mtpelion.4562

Every class has either easy access to perma swiftness or has an IMS signet or trait. This is a bad idea.

100% uptime on a boon is a bad idea.

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

In regard of Boon System/Upgrade/Skill Class Rebalance/Rework it would be neccessary to redesign the whole “movement speed desaster of this game” sooner or later anyways.

All Classes should be able to move same as fast (in PvE).
Be it either through Skills, Traits, Upgrades, Boons ect.
The point is, some of these options are potentially obsolete, if ANet would begin to focus themself upon just 2 options to grant characters faster movement speed and that option should be through SKILLS & TRAITS, without that that option.

Anything else is obsolete – Swiftness/Super Speed are in theory obsolete and can be easily reworked into just Skills/Trait Effects, without that this Effect needs to be a Boon. Super Speed already is no Boon.
The Game needs no 2 Effects that increase Movement Speed. One is enough .

Movement Speed increase through Upgrades is obsolete when already all classes can have it either through Skills or Traits in an active or passive way based on how the class should have access to it. And then there are still also Mobility Skills that simply can be improved, stuff like Shadow Steps, Teleportations, Dashs and the like classes use to close gaps on short distance that are also used to move faster from A to B

The game doesn’t need extra Enrichments for another option to get permanent movement speed increase just so you don’t have to use Upgrades, SKilsl, traits ect for that instead, what in fact would cause only mroe power creep/unbalanced combats.

The game has an overflow of too much Boons and Conditions right now, it has absolutely outdated and unbalanced Upgrades from which a lot are also at the same tiem completely obsolete and useless on the other hand and to be redesigned better into Masteries.

people should request more, which Boon, which Condition, which Upgrade really must stay always what it is now, when it would make sense to redesign those “effects” that those game elements are into a simpler form under just a Skill or Trait Effect instead of having these things as Boons, Upgrades or even now like wanted here as now Enrichments.

If they reduce the amount of effects in this game, then it will become also again easier to balance its classes and all of its upcoming elite specializations.

Class Balance has absolutely nothing to do how fast you can move from A to B.
Making Movement Speed access for all classes equal won’t decide ever about it, if you will win or lose a fight with your class against an other player.

That classes have different easy or not so easy access to movement speed increasements plays just only a role for PvP eventually, because of PvP requiring movement speed to switch positions quick enough to make points for your Team and thats the only reason whys for example a class like a Guardian has not same as easy access to movement speed increases like for example a Thief which is by design made to move fast around on PvP maps and in general too.

However, for PvE/WvW all of this plays no role and this idiotic discussion around changing movement speed elements in this game “woudl break game balance” would instantly stop, if this game would just have finally game mode based “class balance” with skills and traits ect. all being individually designed and balanced around the different game modes, instead of using skills, traits and game elements that are for all game modes exactly the same.

A GW2 without Swiftness & Super Speed, without Movement Increases from Runes would be a better balanced GW2.
Instead should be Movement Speed Increasement for PvE a Mastery and in regard of Skills & Traits just rebalanced for the rest of the game modes individually, so that classes are individually balanced around movement speed, where it makes sense and where it is needed instead of overflowing the game with lots of movement speed mechanics from which like half of them are basically obsolete and make class balancing only more complex and difficult, than neccessary.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

I’d rather vote for an overall speed increase of 10% for everything in the game.

25% Movement Enrichment

Rauderi.8706

I’d rather vote for an overall speed increase of 10% for everything in the game.

We used to have some +10% boons in the mix before. I think many of them got upgraded to +25%. Which is where part of the problem exists in how movement is currently. The gulf between 100% and 125% is huge, but less so the gap between 125% and 133%.

In PvE, the main issue with it is mainly one of convenience and getting locked out of participation. That should not be class or build specific. In combat, or in PvP/WvW, movement speed is more significant for battle position, kiting, and escape, and it’s those areas where I don’t see a generic +10% speed increase.

But, to steer things back toward options (which doesn’t include Enrichment slot, for me), Masteries seem like the most fair system for distributing something like this. Or a map completion collection, since it would be a significant reward.

So, aside from the idea above about filling in Speed Mushrooms to the core map and working in some of the other movement masteries like thermal vents, I was thinking of another Tyria mastery set that might be useful and how I would consider executing it.
Quite simply: Travel Mastery, based on the core Tyria track. Unlocks with 100% map completion. Not sure what the MP cost would have to be, since a good number are tied up in Frac/Pact/Legend. Affects open world PvE only.
When unlocked, it applies a gradually-increasing movement boon (+1%/sec) that caps at +25%. If there’s a need for a progress track, then maybe increasing the rate to +2%-3%/sec could work, reducing the time it takes to reach cruising speed. Since this is a slow progression to a faster but not optimal speed, it leaves room for using “always on” build options or Swiftness stacking, but it removes the feeling of urgent need to build for it.

Many alts; handle it!

25% Movement Enrichment

Illconceived Was Na.9781

That’s a design preference, not a requirement of a balanced game. And it’s present in this game: all classes can move as fast; they just have to make different tradeoffs to make it happen.

Regardless, this thread is about expanding the utility of the singular enrichment slot — is it sufficient to buff only four things? (especially since one of the things has no value to people with maxed masteries or core-owners without HoT, and the other three have niche value). If not, what else could be added to the mix? The OP suggested a movement bonus, which isn’t realistic for many reasons. Surely, we’re a creative enough bunch to come up with other things.

25% Movement Enrichment

Orpheal.8263

That would bring nobody anything, it would just make power creep and imbalances worser than before, if we just add movement speed everywhere by 10%.

Mobility and Movement Speed is a topic for GW2, which needs to get finally excluded completely out of Class Balance.
For PvE is this task much simpler, than for PvP/WvW as long Anet doesn’t become willing to go for a complete splitting of Skill/Trait Balance for the game modes to ensure, that classes that should be by their design and role in the game slower than other classes – where its needed.

Its not needed in PvE, that Guardians must be slower than say a Thief, Warrior or Elementalist.
So there is no good reason to limitate the movement speed by design for all classes in PvE, unlike Anet likes to be sadistic and to frustrate willingly their playerbase by making certain classes slow as snails while others can be as fast as the wind compared to them… simply makes no sense to make such differences in a game mode, where no competitive things happen between players!!

For PvP and WvW is it just bad, if the game overflows the player with too much effects.
The result what happens when the game has too many effects (Boons and Conditions mainly) incombination with upgrades, skills and traits do we see right now since 23rd June of 2015
The game doesn’t need like 4+ different way just to increase a characters movement speed by like 25-50%.

25% Movement Enrichment

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Mobility and Movement Speed is a topic for GW2,

Sure, but it isn’t a topic of this thread.

which needs to get finally excluded completely out of Class Balance.

That’s an opinion that isn’t shared by everyone.

25% Movement Enrichment

Ayrilana.1396

That’s a design preference, not a requirement of a balanced game. And it’s present in this game: all classes can move as fast; they just have to make different tradeoffs to make it happen.

Regardless, this thread is about expanding the utility of the singular enrichment slot — is it sufficient to buff only four things? (especially since one of the things has no value to people with maxed masteries or core-owners without HoT, and the other three have niche value). If not, what else could be added to the mix? The OP suggested a movement bonus, which isn’t realistic for many reasons. Surely, we’re a creative enough bunch to come up with other things.

Additional bonuses could be similar to the guild boosts that we get from the vendor in the guild tavern. Those would probably be more realistic than a speed boost.

25% Movement Enrichment

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

how about mounts instead

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

25% Movement Enrichment

Orpheal.8263

@ ill:

To answer your question and to say something about the topic…
Yes, there is alot of stuff ANet could do to improve the Enrichment feature with new effects instead of provinding us only those few we have now which become after a certain point in the game obsolete for the player, like the exp one or the Mf one which is pointless for a game with a ridiculous item drop system that is based on like asia grinder RNG mechanics with drops changes like 0,00000001% for something, where a bonus of like 20% is… um like absolutely nothing.

If I had to say right now on the spot 5 Enrichments that I would add to the game, then it woudl be these 5:

• Crafting Enrichment = Increases Crafting Exp by +25% and grants a 10% chance, that the crafted item will cost no materials if the crafted item is of exotic or lesser value
  • Gathering Enrichment = Grants a chance of 20% that a bonus of gathered items at the end when the node is empty (Either this or a chance increase for rare materials from gathering)
  • Dungeoneer Enrichment = Increases Dungeon Tokens earned by + 20 when successfully doing a Dungeon
  • Raider Enrichment = Increases the gained currency reward of Raids
  • Trader Enrichment = Increases the gained Map Currencies you gain in Maps that have indidual Map Currencies by 20% from all sources.
    —-

Heck I could come up with even more…

• Achiever Enrichment: Doubles the Point Gain for Number based Achievements (Example Weapon Achievements, Kill Achievements)
    With this Enrichment you would have to kill only 500 Giants for the Achievement instead of 1000. This simple thing could massively reduce the achievement grind for alot of stuff and this way would be really a valuable item to get for anyone who cares about number based Achievements and the grind that comes with them in certain cases.
  • Glorious Enrichment: Increases the Laurel Rewards from Login Rewards by +2
  • War Enrichment: Increases WvW Exp by +25%
  • Battle Enrichment: Increases the Progress on Reward Tracks for PvP/WvW by +15%
  • Salvager Enrichment: Increases the amount of regained Materials when salvaging an item based on a percentual part of the amoutn of materials that were required to craft it and increases the chance to regain Upgrades and rare Materials by 15%
  • Glider Enrichment: Reduces Fall Damage for you by 50% should you fall and increases your Glider Flight Speed by 25%

25% Movement Enrichment

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The first four sound pretty good (crafting, gathering, dungeons, raiding).