25 mights, and after ?

25 mights, and after ?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaidaten.6954

Kaidaten.6954

Hi, a guildmate asked something in guild tchat and we were not able to give him an affirmation.
if you have 25 stacks of might, and someone or even you using skill that provide might again, is this one useless, or refreshing the might who will go out of duration ?

Btw, I’m not talking only about might, other stacking buff/cond would work for this question I think.

25 mights, and after ?

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

No clue if new information has been released, but the wiki http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Stack says this:

Currently no information on how stacks are dropped when extras occur.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

25 mights, and after ?

Posted by: Kaidaten.6954

Kaidaten.6954

Rofl, I’ve read the wiki two times before posting, must be blind >_>
Thanks

25 mights, and after ?

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

On my War, when using For Great Justice or on my Guard when using Empower or the virtues, the stacks of might already at 25 tends to tick again to the max duration, so i assume everything that gives might resets the duration of a 25 stack.

25 mights, and after ?

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

Extra might after reaching 25 is redundant because you could’ve brought something else. The other reason is, if the original 25 stacks were from blasted combo field, they would last 20sec each.
Imagine someone coming along and overwriting those stacks with 5sec ones.
But it totally depends on the situation. Can you kill the boss during those 20sec? What is the duration of the original 25 stacks?

Regen and retribution are pretty useless in pve, vigor if you need/want that extra endurance. Fury and stability (situational) are absolutely great. Aegis should be used to avoid that big hit, kinda useless to have more duration. Prot is more useful in high fractals, in dungeons it is rarely needed.

25 mights, and after ?

Posted by: Bunmaster.9734

Bunmaster.9734

On my War, when using For Great Justice or on my Guard when using Empower or the virtues, the stacks of might already at 25 tends to tick again to the max duration, so i assume everything that gives might resets the duration of a 25 stack.

It resets to max duration because they are replaced.