27MAR14 Speculations

27MAR14 Speculations

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Judging by the content of today’s post, the significance of the change that they deem big enough to warrant its own blog post is rather small. Both those changes I listed are far bigger individually than what was announced in today’s post.

Yes, but they’ve already been announced. We’ve already had blog posts on those subjects. Granted, those posts didn’t say when those features are coming, but it’s not a huge to leap to assume they are coming with this patch.

Those items may well be a part of tomorrows posts, but it seems likely there will also be more to them.

Some of the previous blog posts were also on things that had already been announced. Both the crit damage post and the rune/sigil post contained little if any truly new information that had not already been released in one form or another (A Ready Up episode a while back was where I first learned about both of those – mostly the new information in the blog was just the release date being confirmed). In fact, it is exactly the way the crit damage and rune/sigil posts “revealed” previously announced features and basically nothing else that leads me to think the account bound and removing restrictions posts will do likewise, since we already know of some announced features they haven’t yet mentioned as part of the April patch that match those descriptions.

When it comes to “Account-bound,” this is not limited to items only. It can means that features that are bound to your account.

There are many non-items that are currently bound to our account — like the World Boss Reward Chest, for example — that I would like to see separated per character.

There are also features that are NOT bound to account that should be account bound — like the WvW World Exp Ranking.

Those might even fall under the “Removing Restrictions” blog post if not under the account-bound.

Nevertheless, I’m looking forward to what ever changes they will introduce.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

I’d love to see restrictions on armor removed for the sake of transmutation. So I could be an Elementalist looking like I’m in Heavy Armor, even if the Stats are still Light Armor. Or I could be a Guardian in Light Armor even though I’m wearing Heavy Armor.

yeah, dont ever see that happening. ANet believes in being able to identify a class just based on their general “look”. If what you wanted happened, then no one would be able to tell the different classes apart in pvp/wvw.

That doesn’t hold true anymore if we can now wear town clothes in WvW.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

I’d love to see restrictions on armor removed for the sake of transmutation. So I could be an Elementalist looking like I’m in Heavy Armor, even if the Stats are still Light Armor. Or I could be a Guardian in Light Armor even though I’m wearing Heavy Armor.

yeah, dont ever see that happening. ANet believes in being able to identify a class just based on their general “look”. If what you wanted happened, then no one would be able to tell the different classes apart in pvp/wvw.

That doesn’t hold true anymore if we can now wear town clothes in WvW.

I agree. Also the option to toggle players clothes in WvW is still there. This was mainly done prior to the change for lower end systems to not have to try and load 30 different skins, which caused some players to experience lag, or enter the “slide show”. Also dealt with culling issues.

I think the clothing issue may come in time, as it only makes sense given how the armory will work for an account.

As to the topic itself, I, like many, am also hoping for weapon restrictions to be loosened across all professions. After all, if you want diversity across professions nothing else opens it up like allowing a majority of weapons to all of a sudden be unlocked.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: jamesg.7128

jamesg.7128

Warriors will no longer be restricted in any way. They can take 30/30/30/30/30, use all weapons and skills from other professions and can now fly.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Nightarch.2943

Nightarch.2943

Not one but two porous bones! Yes that’s right, instead one, you loot two! That’s six-teen more copper in your pocket!

Guild Wars 2 is not a sequel to the original Guild Wars but merely an alternative story setting.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Enjoyluck.2618

Enjoyluck.2618

Warriors will no longer be restricted in any way. They can take 30/30/30/30/30, use all weapons and skills from other professions and can now fly.

On flying doylak mounts. Using 2 Greatswoords in each hand.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

On flying doylak mounts. Using 2 Greatswoords in each hand.

The warrior maybe godly, but I doubt that doylak is. Quick everyone aim for the soft underbelly, BRING IT DOWN!!!!!.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Norn will no longer be restricted in any way. They can take 30/30/30/30/30, use all weapons and skills from other professions and can now fly.

On flying doylak mounts. Using 2 Asura who both dual wield greatswords in each hand.

Fixed

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I’m eager to hear news about both the “removing restrictions” and “account bound” topics.

It’s probably a stretch, but I hope this will make more armor sets not account bound so they can be put up on the trading post. (and by that I mean I WANT THAT PVP MASQUERADE ARMOR FOR PVE) Obviously not everything should be like that, like dungeon armor (it would probably take away incentive from running dungeons for some people), but since PvP and PvE armor are going to be integrated, perhaps there should also be new ways to obtain those armor sets as well.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: MasterMc.7543

MasterMc.7543

Lets see for account bound I am hoping for the follow:
- A shared bag/ tab of shorts where unlimited harvesting tool, Tonics, and Contracts, are stored that way no running back to the bank to drop them/ pick them up for your other char’s.

removing restrictions
- allowing ele’s to swap weapon sets OUT of combat. So tired of trying to find where that second dagger ended up.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

Lets see for account bound I am hoping for the follow:
- A shared bag/ tab of shorts where unlimited harvesting tool, Tonics, and Contracts, are stored that way no running back to the bank to drop them/ pick them up for your other char’s.

removing restrictions
- allowing ele’s to swap weapon sets OUT of combat. So tired of trying to find where that second dagger ended up.

Would be happy with these, though the second once is a little bit too specific. I imagine we -might- be more likely to get additional weapon options. Though, I’d still love to be able to mix heavy/light/medium gear art.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Awbee.8405

Awbee.8405

I’m even more interested what “A Solid Foundation” might be about. There’s a tiny, overly optimistic part of me that hopes it might be about Housing … if only

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

Omfg this LOLLL

[SoF]

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Szamsziel.5627

Szamsziel.5627

I’d love to see superior runes/sigils able to be thrown into MF.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Just realised another thing it CAN be, but it is unlikely.

It could be removing DR. but doubt it

Also, it could be removing the cap of dungeon tokens you can get. Right now its 60 first run, and 20 after

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

Porous bones can now be combined…

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

I remember some time ago they talked about introducing more weapons to every class.
Maybe removing restrictions is a code name for allowing all classes to use every weapon. Aka adding new skills.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I remember some time ago they talked about introducing more weapons to every class.
Maybe removing restrictions is a code name for allowing all classes to use every weapon. Aka adding new skills.

That’s wishful thinking. A change of this magnitude would be worth an update of its own.

One – Piken Square

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: ProsaicPudding.6437

ProsaicPudding.6437

I’m even more interested what “A Solid Foundation” might be about. There’s a tiny, overly optimistic part of me that hopes it might be about Housing … if only

Oh my god, I didn’t even think of that. Now you have me hoping too. :p

27MAR14 Speculations

Tom Gore.4035

Oh my god, I didn’t even think of that. Now you have me hoping too. :p

I’m hoping for housing/guild halls or client optimization/improvements. Will be happy with either.

One – Piken Square

27MAR14 Speculations

Vexander.9850

Very unlikely in my opinion. Elementalists would have 4x as many weapon skill options as any other class, it’d be -vastly- overpowered. Don’t get me wrong, I like Attunements and all, but from the standpoint of advancing the class and given more options in the future, it was a bad direction to go with. The only way Elementalists could get new weapons without having 4x as many skill options as other classes would be to give them permanent conjured weapons, which would be -very- similar to Engineer Weapon Kits. Considering how Anet strives to avoid excess profession overlap like that, I can’t see it happen (even if I -wish- it’d happen with an elite so you can have an Elementalist with a pure arcane build).

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Introduction of make-up kits obviously.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

That is almost certainly about better tutorials and the leveling process from 1-30 being cleaned up.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

27MAR14 Speculations

Tom Gore.4035

That is almost certainly about better tutorials and the leveling process from 1-30 being cleaned up.

As much as I’d like to think otherwise, you’re probably right.

One – Piken Square

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

No, it’s precursor crafting!

chuckle

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

27MAR14 Speculations

Vexander.9850

chuckle

Being able to craft Precursors would indeed be nice.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

chuckle

Yeah it would… if only they started working on that 18 months ago… Then we might have it by 2027.

27MAR14 Speculations

LanfearShadowflame.3189

chuckle

Yeah it would… if only they started working on that 18 months ago… Then we might have it by 2027.

Sheesh… and I thought I was a Negative Nancy.

We know it’s coming. It’s been stated that it’s coming. Some of crossed our fingers that we would get it with the feature patch, but it doesn’t sound like it. We’ll see though, they could still surprise us in the next, what…6 blogs?

[That was originally intended as a joke though]

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I’m not getting my hopes up for anything else exciting in the feature patch. A lot of it just revolves around making the game fun for a new player, which is nice now that everyone on the forum has a bunch of 80s.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As to Precursor crafting in this upcoming Feature patch, you may have missed this Dev post:

‘We want to let you know that the ability to build your precursor will not be in our upcoming Feature Pack. The way progression and rewards work in Guild Wars 2 have changed quite a bit since we initially talked about that feature, and our main horizontal progression systems are about to get some additional updates in the upcoming feature pack. Because of that, we are looking into several ways to integrate building your precursor into our new updated reward and progression systems we’re working on, which is requiring additional development time and iteration. As always, we’ll share details on this system once it’s far enough along in production we’re ready to discuss it.’

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/gw2-precursor-recipe-scavanger-hunt-news/first#post3780700

So, it won’t be that, sorry.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

chuckle

We know it’s coming. It’s been stated that it’s coming. Some of crossed our fingers that we would get it with the feature patch, but it doesn’t sound like it. We’ll see though, they could still surprise us in the next, what…6 blogs?

I guess you missed the recent dev post…

They announced that due to the changing rewards in this feature patch that precursor crafting as they tried to implement it no longer works and they are starting over.

I.E. It will be at least another 12 months before we see it.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: ballymun.3986

ballymun.3986

Well, given the apparently huge amount of WvW players quitting to take up AvA in ESO instead, if Anet want to try claw back some of those players then I’d hope account bound wvw ranks is announced today.

27MAR14 Speculations

LanfearShadowflame.3189

chuckle

I guess you missed the recent dev post…

They announced that due to the changing rewards in this feature patch that precursor crafting as they tried to implement it no longer works and they are starting over.

I.E. It will be at least another 12 months before we see it.

I did miss that. Link? Is it this one?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/crafting/gw2-precursor-recipe-scavanger-hunt-news/first#post3780700

This doesn’t say that they are scrapping it though or starting from scratch. It just says that the way it was designed doesn’t work 100% anymore. It could need major changes, it could just need minor tweaks in order to adjust it. Tends to happen pretty often in development, at least from my experience. Can be a bit frustrating. Still, this only shows that they are still working on it and that it is still coming. It just won’t be in this patch.

Honestly, if it takes them another 6-12 months, I don’t care as long as it’s done well.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: titanlectro.5029

titanlectro.5029

They’ve already announced/strongly implied two coming features that closely match the titles of those blog posts.

“Account Bound” = Account bound WvW experience
“Removing Restrictions” = Equipment is no longer restricted to be either PvE or PvP, and the two separate gear systems are unified into one.

As much as I would love to see more sweeping changes like those suggested in some of the posts above, I’m not optimistic.

This seems the most likely to me. If only they would release the posts already…

Gate of Madness | Leader – Phoenix Ascendant [ASH]
Niniyl (Ele) | Barah (Eng) | Luthiyn (War) | Niennya (Thf)
This is my Trahearne’s story

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Pretty sure it will only be something like that they are removing the Soulbound thing in items and make everything Account Bound instead.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Pretty sure it will only be something like that they are removing the Soulbound thing in items and make everything Account Bound instead.

Actually – atm yes

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

27MAR14 Speculations

Sir Vincent III.1286

Judging by the content of today’s post, the significance of the change that they deem big enough to warrant its own blog post is rather small. Both those changes I listed are far bigger individually than what was announced in today’s post.

Yes, but they’ve already been announced. We’ve already had blog posts on those subjects. Granted, those posts didn’t say when those features are coming, but it’s not a huge to leap to assume they are coming with this patch.

Those items may well be a part of tomorrows posts, but it seems likely there will also be more to them.

Some of the previous blog posts were also on things that had already been announced. Both the crit damage post and the rune/sigil post contained little if any truly new information that had not already been released in one form or another (A Ready Up episode a while back was where I first learned about both of those – mostly the new information in the blog was just the release date being confirmed). In fact, it is exactly the way the crit damage and rune/sigil posts “revealed” previously announced features and basically nothing else that leads me to think the account bound and removing restrictions posts will do likewise, since we already know of some announced features they haven’t yet mentioned as part of the April patch that match those descriptions.

When it comes to “Account-bound,” this is not limited to items only. It can means that features that are bound to your account.

There are many non-items that are currently bound to our account — like the World Boss Reward Chest, for example — that I would like to see separated per character.

There are also features that are NOT bound to account that should be account bound — like the WvW World Exp Ranking.

Those might even fall under the “Removing Restrictions” blog post if not under the account-bound.

Heh.

I totally called it.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: VincentDW.9376

VincentDW.9376

Heh.

I totally called it.

Am very happy you were right that there was more to it!

27MAR14 Speculations

Sir Vincent III.1286

Heh.

I totally called it.

Am very happy you were right that there was more to it!

Very exciting news indeed.

27MAR14 Speculations

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

“Removing Restrictions” – https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/say-goodbye-to-armor-repair-costs-and-hello-to-free-trait-resets/
Well that one way to look at ‘restrictions’…
Really disappointed with todays articles. Really glad I didn’t have too high of hopes for the articles today.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…