Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yeah I agree.

2hand weapons, 2 sigils.... just saying

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

Agreed.

Early on didn’t they say they would have this?

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

It makes to much sense for them to do it so it more than likely will not happen. The only thing that could be confusing is if you tried to change sigils what one would be replaced?

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: niea.7504

niea.7504

It makes to much sense for them to do it so it more than likely will not happen. The only thing that could be confusing is if you tried to change sigils what one would be replaced?

How about a pop-up window asking you?

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

As long as they have the same shared cd as having sig with cd on 2 1h weapons. I think making Sigils more effect on 2h weapons would be a better chose. Say up the odds of something going off or make something stack faster etc.. So say acc sig would give you 7% crit chances when on a 2h weapon so not x 2 as strong more like 1.5 times.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

Or it’s own category. What would you call a double-sigil?

Let’s call it a Rouven.

Rouven of Revenge for Greatswords!

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: hurlockbr.4573

hurlockbr.4573

So say acc sig would give you 7% crit chances when on a 2h weapon so not x 2 as strong more like 1.5 times.

That’s isnt really fair because you cant use the same sigil on the main and off hand, since they doesnt stack….

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

A great sword deals 995-1,100 in damage. A sword deals 905-1000 damage.

A two handed weapon already deals 10% more than a one handed weapon. That’s like two sigils of force.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

So say acc sig would give you 7% crit chances when on a 2h weapon so not x 2 as strong more like 1.5 times.

That’s isnt really fair because you cant use the same sigil on the main and off hand, since they doesnt stack….

That would be an give and take (its also not fair well my ideal that you would only need to buy one sigil too). I look at it this way 1h weapons are more about having a good diversity where 2h weapons lack this diversity but become more specialized.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

A two handed weapon already deals 10% more than a one handed weapon. That’s like two sigils of force.

This. Two handed weapons already have a inherent 10% bonus to direct damage to make up for the loss of a sigil slot. They certainly don’t need a second slot.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Okay, now take into account two sigils vs one. Where a two-handed weapon user must choose between the extra damage of a Sigil of Force or the extra damage on crit from a Sigil of Air, a duel-wielder can have both.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

made a thread about this couple of days in suggestions so yes plz do want and logically it should’ve been in the game from day one.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

How about a pop-up window asking you?

^yeah its 2013 not early 90’s,,,

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Yeah I agree.

Also agree its pretty ridiculous that this has apparently never been given serious consideration.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Okay, now take into account two sigils vs one. Where a two-handed weapon user must choose between the extra damage of a Sigil of Force or the extra damage on crit from a Sigil of Air, a duel-wielder can have both.

The 10% more damage isn’t taking up a slot, and it’s stronger than a sigil. If you consider the fact that you have less options, then it just evens outs. Stronger in exchange for losing some versatility.

Your example doesn’t really work because if you use two weapons and go force/air, then you have 5% extra damage and a sigil of air. If the two handed uses air, then it’s 10% extra damage and air. So it effectively has better than both.

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

The 10% more damage isn’t taking up a slot, and it’s stronger than a sigil. If you consider the fact that you have less options, then it just evens outs. Stronger in exchange for losing some versatility.

Your example doesn’t really work because if you use two weapons and go force/air, then you have 5% extra damage and a sigil of air. If the two handed uses air, then it’s 10% extra damage and air. So it effectively has better than both.

Except the damage between weapons is already going to vary because each profession has different damage values with each skill in each skill set and they’ve balanced more around that; the numbers being different is just fluff.

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

About time.

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I appreciate you coming back to your thread. Hopefully they actually deliver with this one, unlike when I went back to my thread about being able to choose your Fractal Weapon when it drops.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

an 8 month punchline, just won the internet

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

This!!! Two-handed weapons are balanced by their stats. They have a good damage advantage vs. a loss of skill customization. They don’t need a second slot as they have naturally higher damage/skill synergy.

Posted by: Kravick.4906

Kravick.4906

The damage of a two handed weapon has nothing to do with its actual damage output since ANet puts modifiers on each skill that weighs in on the damage stat from the weapon itself. I don’t even know -why- they have a damage stat, because most of the time, the actual damage output of the skill is lower than what is actually listed on the weapon itself.

Two handed weapons do not do 10% more damage than one handed weapons. Case in point, the guardian sword vs greatsword. The ranger sword vs greatsword. The Necromancers staff vs dagger or axe. The warriors axe vs greatsword and hammer. I could go on, but I think you all get the point.

Stuff goes here.