2k gold for legendary accessory

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Can we please talk about this?

Most people anticipated that the accessory would cost somewhere around 1 piece of legendary armor, i.e. ~300-400 gold. In reality its cost is closer to the whole set. This is completely insane considering you’ll have to craft a bunch of legendary trinkets, not just this one. There are 2 accessories, 2 rings, 1 amulet and a backpack (which already has an insane cost to it).

Please consider changing the cost to something sensible.

Also before someone says that you craft legendaries for the effect and not the utility, NO, I DON’T. There are different people in this game, imagine that. Someone wants a shiny aura, I want to swap builds and stats on fly, without having to carry a billion items in my inventory. And I’m willing to pay/grind for it, but not this much.

If you’re after overpriced shiny effects, you already have aura infusions for that. Legendaries are meant to serve a different purpose. Free stats swaps and build experimentation (which is why the trait system was changed a long time ago).

If it’s too late to change its current cost, then introduce another legendary trinket, without any effect to it, but with a sensible crafting recipe. I couldn’t care less if there’s some shiny effect going on, but I want the stat swap.

Also while we’re at it, let’s revisit the idea of ghost legendaries. After you’ve crafted a legendary item, you should be able to get an untradeable duplicate for a significantly reduced cost, so you can use it on alts. Doesn’t diminish the value/prestige of current legendaries in any way, since you still have to bind the original one to your account, it just gives you some nice quality of life.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

What exactly does Aurora give you though? Does it actually give you a full set of trinkets, or just one item?

Tarasicodissa.7084

I care.

Based on the info I have from https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6psvx7/legendary_accessorcy_aurora_recipe_and_video/ it gives you a SINGLE piece of legendary accessory.

If it actually gave you all legendary trinkets (minus backpack) for this price, that would be perfectly reasonable.

Posted by: Mithos.9023

Mithos.9023

Even so you don’t want to hear it, statt swap on legendary items is nothing but a compromise. They were always intended to be just a cosmetic upgrade from arenanets point of view. Only community complaint made them change it because many could not find use for the statts given on the legendary and skinned them over to other items. And to tell you the truth I hope it stays this way because: Legendary items are simply a terrible solution when it comes to build management. Yes you could change statts on the fly but it is simply not convenient. I rather have them implement a build management tool that solves all issues. Think about it, the only thing legendary items currently can is change statt. But is it fast, no. Can you save your traits with them, no. Can you choose your slot skill with them, no. So they only reduce the number of gear in your inventory a little, when it comes to armor you still would have to carry around several sets of runes. And using different sets of gear is probably still faster to change then fiddling with the legendary armor. I would rather have a tool that works like in pvp: You select everything you want, skills, traits, runes, sigills and when it comes to statts it overwrites your current gears properties for the time being. And you could extend it to be savable as templates to change everything with just one click.

Next point is, think about how many people have legendary gear? While the number of weapons is there, I would estimate the number of people to have legendary armor not over maybe 1 or 2% of the whole player base. Just a guess here but the number hat will have legendary weapons, armor and the trinkets together will be scarce. Not to mention you would probably end up with just one character who has this kind of equipment. And on the others, you would still be stuck with inventory and build management as we have it now. So, why should only an abyssal small number of people have benefits that would without doubt improves the game for everyone? Why cling to a bad compromise if there could be a better solution?

Therefore, leave legendary as they are, let’s ask arenanet for something better instead.

We need build and gear-templates!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Mithos.9023

Mithos.9023

Even so you don’t want to hear it, statt swap on legendary items is nothing but a compromise. They were always intended to be just a cosmetic upgrade from arenanets point of view. Only community complaint made them change it because many could not find use for the statts given on the legendary and skinned them over to other items. And to tell you the truth I hope it stays this way because: Legendary items are simply a terrible solution when it comes to build management. Yes you could change statts on the fly but it is simply not convenient. I rather have them implement a build management tool that solves all issues. Think about it, the only thing legendary items currently can is change statt. But is it fast, no. Can you save your traits with them no. Can you choose your slot skill with them, no. So they only reduce the number of gear in your inventory a little, when it comes to armor you still would have to carry around several sets of runes. And using different sets of gear is probably still faster to change then fiddling with the legendary armor. I would rather have a tool that works like in pvp: You select everything you want, skills, traits, runes, sigills and it overwrites your current gears properties for the time being. And you could extend it to be savable as templates to change everything with just one click.

Next point is, think about how many people have legendary gear? While the number of weapons is there, I would estimate the number of people to have legendary armor not over maybe 1 or 2% of the whole player base. Just a guess here but the number hat will have legendary weapons, armor and the trinkets together will be scarce. Not to mention you would probably end up with just one character who has this kind of equipment. And on the others, you would still be stuck with inventory and build management as we have it now. So, why should only an abyssal small number of people have benefits that would without doubt improve the game for everyone? Why cling to a bad compromise if there could be a better solution?

Therefore, leave legendary as they are, let’s ask arenanet for something better instead.

We need build and gear-templates!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I have to agree with the OP, 2k gold is pretty absurd for a single trinket, even 500g is too much imo. Especially because I only want the stat swapping, generally I don’t care about the skins. I have Twilight, Frostfang, Incinerator, Nevermore & Rodgort and the only skin I actually like is Nevermore. I’ll probably make Bolt soon, but I’ll skin over it with the FDS. I just want the stat swapping. I’d really like it if there were basic skin legendary weapons/armor/trinkets available for cheaper than the shiny ones, purely for the stat swapping utility. Would that be so hard?

Currently I have 50 inventory slots taken up by gear (plus what’s equipped) on my Ranger alone, stat swapping gear with just runes and sigils in inventory would be about 40 less slots needed. That is a LOT less clutter.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

If you are unwilling to pay for the legendary trinket, get the bloodstone ones.

Arenanet is giving you options. You are complaining about one of them even though you have a perfectly valid alternative which is beyond dirt cheap.

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Arenanet is giving you options. You are complaining about one of them even though you have a perfectly valid alternative which is beyond dirt cheap.

Then you need to carry around a bunch of Bloodstone Capacitor and Infusion Extraction Devices.

Posted by: BlueBoy.1236

BlueBoy.1236

Whenever i read this statement, i wonder if there are other ppl who only care abt the aesthetic side of legendary. I honestly dont give a kitten abt stats swapping or that extra stats. The only reason I want a legendary is to make my char looks fabulous.

Back to topic, yea that thing is just too expensive. But then again, if we look most of HoT content, this is not really surprising

Posted by: Vitali.5039

Vitali.5039

They can be expensive but we can already swap stats on bloodstone back, amulet and rings, we just have to put infusions into normal accessory and buy 2 legendary trinket.

The legendary ones give us cosmetic aura or something?

Tarasicodissa.7084

If that wasn’t obvious from my first post, I have no desire to carry tons of unneccessary items in my inventory or pay a price (however low) whenever I want to perform an arbitrary task. That is precisely NOT a valid alternative.

I am not opposed to what Mithos suggested. A complete rework of stat and build system would be perfectly acceptable, but I’m assuming Anet doesn’t wanna do that (otherwise we would have gotten something as crucial a LOOOONG time ago), so I am taking a more realistic approach and suggesting minor changes to current model to make it better.

No matter how you look at it, whether you want the aura or the utility, 2k gold for an accessory is just too **** much.

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

Then buy two different bloodstone amulets, or however many you’ll need for your builds. Bitterfrost Frontier can get you enough Berries for one item everyday, assuming you have at least 6 characters. It will take 12 days to get you two sets of all items.

If you arent willing to do that to solve your problem, then the problem is you.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Let’s be honest, the convenience factor on legendary trinket is overrated.

How difficult is it to change to a different set of trinkets? And I am sure veteran players all have piles of trinkets of different stats already.

Armor/weapon works a bit differently as there are runes and sigils attached to them.

And lastly, there is no such thing as ‘overpriced’ for legendary items. If they make them relatively cheap like legendary armor, then I am happy. If they decide to make trinket as expensive as the backpiece, I am also fine. Both cosmetics and equipment convenience are something they can make costly on without breaking the fundamentals of the game.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

I’m fine with it costing whatever it costs, but what I’m not fine with is the fact that it is purple and I cannot change that, great if you are a Mesmer or some female meta thief but how on earth does this fit a necro? we wait 5 years for a legendary trinket and they give us this… so sick of all the purple in this game. I would quit this game over this if there was something better to play, that’s how annoyed I am right now.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I just made (at least) two of each profession I enjoy and each of those characters has gear for two specs. That way I never have to carry around tons of extra gear or worry about stat-swapping, I just swap between two gear sets or swap between two characters to get the build I want.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

It’s an optional reward. If you don’t like the price then don’t go for it. People have paid more for an aura which is pretty much what it is.

Posted by: Pifil.5193

Pifil.5193

(edited by Pifil.5193)

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

2k is fine, but I would pay 3k if it did not have aura. I hate auras.

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Let’s be honest, the convenience factor on legendary trinket is overrated.

How difficult is it to change to a different set of trinkets? And I am sure veteran players all have piles of trinkets of different stats already.

Armor/weapon works a bit differently as there are runes and sigils attached to them.

And lastly, there is no such thing as ‘overpriced’ for legendary items. If they make them relatively cheap like legendary armor, then I am happy. If they decide to make trinket as expensive as the backpiece, I am also fine. Both cosmetics and equipment convenience are something they can make costly on without breaking the fundamentals of the game.

I’d much rather being able to stat swap with one set of gear, as I mentioned above, I’m already using 50 inventory slots for gear on ONE character. I’d be perfectly happy with a stat swapping ascended/legendary item that came with no aura and no skin.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Have to agree a 2K price tag is fine all things considered. When you think about you no longer would have to replace those pieces with others as you change builds and remove all those other ascended pieces. In effect you are turning ascended pieces into junk loot for you, so yeah, 2K would be reasonable and that price will fall over time unless more material syncs are added in to create demand for the crafting materials. ANet has been adding more and more ways to get ascended pieces in that its effectively replacing exotic so having the bleeding edge of gear cost a lot is good game balance.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Pifil.5193

Have to agree a 2K price tag is fine all things considered. When you think about you no longer would have to replace those pieces with others as you change builds and remove all those other ascended pieces. In effect you are turning ascended pieces into junk loot for you, so yeah, 2K would be reasonable and that price will fall over time unless more material syncs are added in to create demand for the crafting materials. ANet has been adding more and more ways to get ascended pieces in that its effectively replacing exotic so having the bleeding edge of gear cost a lot is good game balance.

I think 2,000g (or in this case 1,300-1,400g as it actually is) is fine. I think that future legendary trinkets without visual effects should probably be closer to the cost of legendary armour alright but something with a visual aura like this it seems quite reasonable to me.

Also Ascended Accessories (i.e. earrings) are more expensive than Rings and Amulets (for historical reasons) so I’d imagine that legendary rings and amulets will similarly be cheaper than this.

I do think we’ll need a toggle box for effects from weapons, trinkets and armour when they add more trinkets. I can’t even begin to imagine the visual noise of a full squad of character’s who are fully equipped with legendaries: 10 people with two weapons, armour, 5 trinkets, a back piece and… oh Lions Arch has crashed again.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

@TheGrimm except that ascended trinkets are already easy to achieve and cheap. Its not like it would cost you 2k gold to have 6+ ascended trinkets of different stats in your inventory to swap out that single slot with to change your build.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you want the flash, pony up the cash. ‘Aurora’ isn’t just about one item, it’s about the journey of unlocking the process. ANet has said that they already have plans in place for other legendary trinkets, which will include different methods for obtaining them.

Don’t want to spend 2k today? Wait. The price will come down (because prices on mats spiked something fierce this week) or go for one of the other options.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Asur.9178

Asur.9178

All I want is a response on the following:

Was mystic tribute an intended component? Or was it a mistake, like the 1000 currency costs were?

It’s understandable if it was a mistake because 2 new weapons were released and therefore, perhaps coding was screwed up somewhere.

I just want a clear answer before I make this, instead of making it and then having a statement claiming it was a mistake and will be addressed.

(edited by Asur.9178)

Ayrilana.1396

Was mystic tribute an intended component? Or was it a mistake, like the 1000 currency costs were?

It’s understandable if it was a mistake because 2 new weapons were released and therefore, perhaps coding was screwed up somewhere.

I just want a clear answer before I make this. Instead of making it and then having a statement claiming it was a mistake and will be addressed.

Probably a 99.99% chance that it was intended.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I just want a clear answer before I make this. Instead of making it and then having a statement claiming it was a mistake and will be addressed.

Don’t all the new legendaries require a mystic tribute?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Compared to other trinket auras 2k seems about right …

Ayrilana.1396

Don’t all the new legendaries require a mystic tribute?

Yes. Armor was slightly different as they were treating the entire set as a legendary.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Poly-luminescent infusions are a few hundred gold. Queen Bee is 3-5k (probably drop after the excitement dies down). The newest one (aurillium) and the chak egg sac are 10k+. So, sure, by comparison, 2k isn’t a crazy amount. It’s also consistent with the cost of legendary weapons.

Posted by: Blanche Neige.7241

Blanche Neige.7241

If you take the time to gather most of the mats yourself, the cost will be much lower that 2k.

Khisanth.2948

That is debatable. With the conversion to infusion being available they now have a wider audience.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

For 2k i’d at least expect a colour viability. I mean… who wants a pink bubble?
Red would fit warrior, beige or green would fit a necro, but pink?
Mesmers are one of the smallest demographs……

Posted by: Mister Asdasd.6194

Mister Asdasd.6194

Really it is that expensive? Wow there goes my motivation. I will probably finish my meta achievement for the map today and abandon the game until the expansion. Im not a fan of huge gold sinks in a game where gold isnt even that easy to come by so you can sink it.Good thing i havent started collecting the rocks in ember bay for the sentient anomaly which was part of the trinket collection i hate collecting things throughout jumping puzzles and obscure hard to reach places

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

The cost is too high. And what happens if you have more than 1 but can’t choose the color? Seems like it would look terrible.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Khisanth.2948

I was expecting it at that price but for a full set of trinkets.

Also now is a great time to bring up transmuting trinkets again!

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Poly-luminescent infusions are a few hundred gold. Queen Bee is 3-5k (probably drop after the excitement dies down). The newest one (aurillium) and the chak egg sac are 10k+. So, sure, by comparison, 2k isn’t a crazy amount. It’s also consistent with the cost of legendary weapons.

And this is the root of the problem. Some people equate leg trinkets to leg armor pieces. Where a full set of leg trinkets, minus the backpack, should be roughly equivalent to 1 weapon in terms of price.

Personally, considering that its “just” an aura, I agree with that view. There’s no footfalls, no effects on your arm, no changed projectiles or anything. And like you pointed out, there is precedence in this game for auras that cost just a few hundred gold.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

Technically the mats only require time as they can be earned or farmed. The 2k gold is just temptation and an option that solely depends how long you’re willing to wait to make it.

Only things you’d need are free time and patience. But of course, if you can’t wait, and want it now now now, then fork over the 2k.

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: tyu.9470

tyu.9470

Legendaries are meant to serve a different purpose.

No they are not. Free to swap stuff on them was added AFTERWARDS. They were not made by this in mind and they were never “meant” to serve such a purpose.

Legendaries were always about skins and the effects and still are.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Actually for people with a lot of alt characters, that earring is worth more than any single piece of armor. If I get heavy armor I can only use it on one third of my characters, where I can use the earring on all my characters.

Posted by: mXz.4512

mXz.4512

^
Yep, just as any legendary backpeice(s).

Yes I’m a vet, yes I’m salty. Problem?

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Let’s be honest, the convenience factor on legendary items is overrated.

Fixed.

I’d like to know the percentage for people who actually have needed to use the stat swapping on legendary items. My guess is that the majority of stat swapping happens with legendary armor.

For each legendary that I have, I’ve set the stats once, and then not needed to change them since.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

If you are complaini g about the cost to utility of an equipment of legendary quality shouldnt you be complaining for no sigil swap on weapons?

I too am with you that 2k is abit extreme considering that the backpiece is 1.6k but they are endgame goals it makes sense that they would require alot of gold.

EDIT: the trinket costs 1.4k gold and thats with the spiked price of the mystic tribute.

(edited by zealex.9410)

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Legendaries are meant to serve a different purpose.

No they are not. Free to swap stuff on them was added AFTERWARDS. They were not made by this in mind and they were never “meant” to serve such a purpose.

Legendaries were always about skins and the effects and still are.

I had no intention of ever making a Legendary until they added the stat swap ability. Now I have 5 based on that.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

Just grind more. Thats what MMOs are all about. But yeah. Stat swapping is heavily intertwined with the ingame economy at this point. I don’t expect it to become any easier in the future.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I went for the collection as soon as the patch hit and decided to commit to crafting it after reading the same reddit thread. It’s more beautiful than I expected. The visual effect subtly enhances the other legendary weapons that my ele wears: Bifrost, Meteorlogicus and Howler yet it looks more impressive by itself than, let’s say, Sharur. In my opinion, the shininess justifies the price tag.

If the price is the thing you complain for, you will be in a crude awakening to the grind for its collection. Let’s say that it takes more time and effort than farming gold to afford Mystic Tribute.

I saved my mats gradually over time to go for The Shining Blade, but I’m glad I scrap that idea to go with Aurora. Love it!

P.S. link to the gif for better quality https://gyazo.com/51fc387819ae623cddb817bb32f2c1e7

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I would say that doing the collection is more entertaining than farming the materials and therefore gathering the materials is feeling like more effort.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

first of all, the mat costs also include 221 mystic coins for clovers. While in the early days you had to forge the clovers and therefore needed those coins, you can get clovers from many different sources now and dont have to spend gold for them.

About the comparison to legendary armor prices:

A full set of leggie armor only works for 3 of 9 classes, so to cover all classes, like the trinket, you would need 3 sets, so the price seems fine.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Pifil.5193

Fixed.

I’d like to know the percentage for people who actually have needed to use the stat swapping on legendary items. My guess is that the majority of stat swapping happens with legendary armor.

For each legendary that I have, I’ve set the stats once, and then not needed to change them since.

I would guess that the majority of stat swapping begins when you have Legendary armour.

Swapping a legendary dagger from Berserker to Viper doesn’t make much sense if the rest of your equipment is still Berserker, after all, but if you had a full set of legendary equipment including trinkets then stat swapping starts to become an amazing thing.

Pifil.5193

Begone, foul forum bug!

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Fixed.

I would guess that the majority of stat swapping begins when you have Legendary armour.

Swapping a legendary dagger from Berserker to Viper doesn’t make much sense if the rest of your equipment is still Berserker, after all, but if you had a full set of legendary equipment including trinkets then stat swapping starts to become an amazing thing.

Yes and no, I think people would be suprised how little benefit legendarys bring.

There is still the issue of:
- weapon sigils not changing
- there usually only being 1 toptier endgame build
- people with legendarys usually have no small amount of ascended. I had 7 full ascended sets done before finishing the legendary light armor. Could have easily used 2-3 of those sets for my now legendary carrying character
- the actual hassle of changing the stats.

My mesmer is running 70% of the time in berserker stats which I will occasionally switch to commanders when I feel like it. That’s it.