2nd Bday is closing, and we get...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

Hi all,

We are closing to the 2nd birthday of the game. Those who have pre-started the game willl have at least 1 character that turns to 2 at 25th of August.

I think we get the usual bday booster, some very “exciting” mini and the experience scroll.

But for the 2nd bday of the game i was awating something bigger. New race, precursor scavenger hunt, new dungeon etc…

What you think we get?
How will GW2 celebrate the 2nd?

Cheers,
Beer

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

2 greens 1 blue

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

can we please make the GW2 keyboard available for purchase again ?

Posted by: gaborkaldy.3210

gaborkaldy.3210

can we please make the GW2 keyboard available for purchase again ?

Thats actually a very good idea.

It’s always Beer Time!
Desolation – [TEU]

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

After the negative feedback I’m pretty sure that they are going to change some things around this time.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

I can’t wait to get another non-tradeable mini again.

Posted by: Arimik.2460

Arimik.2460

i would settle for petless ranger, or new weapon sets for classes. like off-hand pistol for warriors

That which does not kill me, has made a tactical error.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

The 1st birthday gifts were very underwhelming. I ended up with 9 Queen Jennahs etc. What were they thinking? After the good feedback from GW1 where you got a chance of many different minis, why did they change this?

I hope they will alter the rewards this time around.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

The 1st birthday gifts were very underwhelming. I ended up with 9 Queen Jennahs etc. What were they thinking? After the good feedback from GW1 where you got a chance of many different minis, why did they change this?

I see your 9 and raise you 12 more. Maybe they’ll introduce a command where we can get them all out and they can do the can-can or something.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Birthday booster + a UNIQUE minipet that everyone will get + lvl20 scroll
Don’t expect anything better.

Posted by: Amnariel.3659

Amnariel.3659

2×250 +10 magic find,just to train your finger :-D

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

After the first birthday, I can’t imagine why anyone would have high expectations for the second birthday.

Posted by: codiac.5642

codiac.5642

I see your 9 and raise you 12 more. Maybe they’ll introduce a command where we can get them all out and they can do the can-can or something.

The least they could do is make a mystic forge recipe or two …

one clover + one ecto + one queen jenna mini + one stack of dust = a random pair of pants

… hopefully the devs are more imaginative though

HOD since beta

Posted by: MrsAngelD.6971

MrsAngelD.6971

I want unique trade-able items like in Guild Wars. In Guild Wars it was so much fun to open your character and see you had a present waiting wondering what you were going to get. Getting items you could trade, or being able to purchase them off other players was so much fun. Between the tonics and the Mini’s it was a whole mini-game in and of itself.

Look at all the options we had back then. Each gift held the prospect of getting either white, purple, green or gold mini’s during most years, or tonics for the sixth year. Why can’t we have something this fun again?

kokiman.2364

GW1? Good feedback? Wut? I can tell you one thing in my playtime (which was pretty much until GW2 got released) I never got a green minipet. RNG shouldn’t be a factor when it comes to presents.

GuildWars 2

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

This year you get.

A MINI QUEEN JENNA WITH A DIFFERENT COLORED DRESS!

How exciting?!

I ? Karkas.

Seven Star Stalker.1740

GW1? Good feedback? Wut? I can tell you one thing in my playtime (which was pretty much until GW2 got released) I never got a green minipet. RNG shouldn’t be a factor when it comes to presents.

Uh, I hope you understand that generally no one knows what they get as a gift.

I guess that’s more destiny and fate than proper RNG (Though that’s philosophy and not remotely relevant) but I dunno. Haven’t you ever celebrated a birthday as a kid? Or Christmas? Pretty sure you don’t get told what you’re getting on either, only a vague idea or expectation.

I ? Karkas.

kokiman.2364

I guess that’s more destiny and fate than proper RNG (Though that’s philosophy and not remotely relevant) but I dunno. Haven’t you ever celebrated a birthday as a kid? Or Christmas? Pretty sure you don’t get told what you’re getting on either, only a vague idea or expectation.

Okay let’s take christmas as an example. A family has 2 children, 1 gets a lego set and the other one gets a playmobil house, both are happy because the presents seem to have/do have the same value—> this is a good system!
Now what would happen if 1 child gets a lego set and the other one gets pick-a-stick set? How do you think the second child would react?

The RNG in GW1 was okayish but giving people presents with different values is kinda crappy.

GuildWars 2

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Okay let’s take christmas as an example. A family has 2 children, 1 gets a lego set and the other one gets a playmobil house, both are happy because the presents seem to have/do have the same value—> this is a good system!
Now what would happen if 1 child gets a lego set and the other one gets pick-a-stick set? How do you think the second child would react?

The RNG in GW1 was okayish but giving people presents with different values is kinda crappy.

Technically, even amongst minis in the TP you have some that are 50 gold + and others which are of better quality for only like.. 10 gold.

Plus that entirely depends on the person. In the case of Guildwars2, and Guildwars, I don’t think that argument works. Unless you have for example one mini that just stands around, and then another mini that makes attacking animations at enemy (No damage), makes comments at certain NPCs (and vice versa) and the like.

I mean look at the Mini Karka. It’s not even that amazing as a mini compared to others, possibly a bit big, but it’s not like.. Super cool or such. It’s just rare and pretty much impossible to get now really.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Rebound.3409

Rebound.3409

This year u get a very small chance at getting a very special mini from the BL chest. U just need to buy keys for the gemstore.

…oh and it’s limited time

kokiman.2364

Technically, even amongst minis in the TP you have some that are 50 gold + and others which are of better quality for only like.. 10 gold.

Plus that entirely depends on the person. In the case of Guildwars2, and Guildwars, I don’t think that argument works. Unless you have for example one mini that just stands around, and then another mini that makes attacking animations at enemy (No damage), makes comments at certain NPCs (and vice versa) and the like.

I mean look at the Mini Karka. It’s not even that amazing as a mini compared to others, possibly a bit big, but it’s not like.. Super cool or such. It’s just rare and pretty much impossible to get now really.

But what does this have to do with the thread topic? We were talking about presents not mini pets from the gemstore.

GuildWars 2

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

i would settle for a lvl 20+ scroll, what use do i have with a “go to lvl 20 scroll” when pretty much all my toons are above lvl 20, i barely have any below lvl 30….

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The boosters were ok. Kind of utilitarian, sort of like getting socks for your birthday, but ok. The level 20 scrolls, only for brand new characters, were O.o to me. At one year with no prospects of new races/professions they were ummm ok. thanks. maybe I can use them someday (shoves in inventory to collect dust). The 12 Mini Jenna’s were a trip to crazy land. (Gets 12 Jenna’s as 12 separate gifts from the same person, back away slowly saying, “thanks but I got to go now. Nice talking to you”).

I’m hoping that ANet will do something better this year. One mini per account would be fine. It could be tied to the account’s birthday if it’s a coding problem. If it’s leveling scrolls, make them 20 levels at any level, not just starting characters. If it’s birthday boosts, how about fixing the karma thing on them? Either making that work or removing the tool tip. (And I consider that strange too. Give something that has a broken/missing part to someone on their birthday and a year later it’s still not fixed).

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Hopefully it’s better than last year. Whatever it is. That was kind of disappointing giving everyone the same boring mini pet.

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

i would love more combat usable tonics like in gw1,
i made a dragon themed ele and ALWAYS used the kuunevang tonic
i even called them “jade dragon hatchling”

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

i hope for an 24h karma booster

its still in tooltip on the birthday boosters but it dont give karma

everything on birthday boosters i dont need and i sitll have 17 birthday boosters in my bank

i dont need wxp cause useless, i dont need exp cause i dotn lvl any char anymore since new trait system, and i dont need magicfind cause useless and jsut a placebo stat

Posted by: Susulemon.3204

Susulemon.3204

I think we will get a dry top themed mini, like a Belinda maybe

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Anet keeps trying to re-invent the wheel when all they need is some polishing here and there. Instead we get squares:

Attachments:

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

I want unique trade-able items like in Guild Wars. In Guild Wars it was so much fun to open your character and see you had a present waiting wondering what you were going to get. Getting items you could trade, or being able to purchase them off other players was so much fun. Between the tonics and the Mini’s it was a whole mini-game in and of itself.

Look at all the options we had back then. Each gift held the prospect of getting either white, purple, green or gold mini’s during most years, or tonics for the sixth year. Why can’t we have something this fun again?

I support different minis but only if they all have exactly the same rarity. Giving some dirt and others gold was really big crap in GW1

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: Prophet.6257

Prophet.6257

Hi all,

We are closing to the 2nd birthday of the game. Those who have pre-started the game willl have at least 1 character that turns to 2 at 25th of August.

I think we get the usual bday booster, some very “exciting” mini and the experience scroll.

But for the 2nd bday of the game i was awating something bigger. New race, precursor scavenger hunt, new dungeon etc…

What you think we get?
How will GW2 celebrate the 2nd?

Cheers,
Beer

I think we get the same thing as last year but with a different mini.

I very much doubt we get any “new race, precursor scavenger hunt, new dungeon…” but hopefully I’m wrong.

Posted by: Acinonyx Rex.8609

Acinonyx Rex.8609

As previously said, the 20-lvl-scroll should be usable at any level, the booster is fine, and for the mini we could have 5 new minis. For every character reaching 2 years you get a mini from the ones you don’t have yet. Everybody has at least 5 slots so everybody should have all of them at some point.

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Just a random Minipet instead of another ugly Jennah would be cool.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

What are we getting for the second year birthday? More kittening! Surprise!

Look, it’s already started ^^^^^^^^^^

Seriously though, we’ve had several threads discussing what we’d like to see, what we think we’ll see, etc etc. For the most part, I’m still crossing my fingers on things I’d like to see:

my thoughts on this year’s gifts:

-Create a set of 12 or 15 minis, like was done in GW1. Let us get one of that set randomly from the gift. Do make these tradeable
-Include the birthday booster again. Even if people don’t have characters that need the experience anymore, the 100% bonus to karma, magic find, gold, and wvw rank is still very enjoyable. Not to mention, it stacks with other boosters.

-Not sure what to ask for as the third component. Lot of things I would like, but probably not advisable. Maybe a scroll that grants 5 levels to any non 80 character? A small bag of dungeon tokens? A random weapon ticket? An ascended weapon box maybe? Not asking for a precursor or anything here, but something useful would be appreciated.

However, I think asking for a whole new dungeon or a precursor is a bit much for a character based birthday gift.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Hmmm. Maybe one “mini” token per account. You take this token to a birthday NPC and can choose one mini off of a list he has. They can be a brand new set, just for birthdays. The mini chosen is account bound. Each year you get one chance to get one.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

i would settle for a lvl 20+ scroll, what use do i have with a “go to lvl 20 scroll” when pretty much all my toons are above lvl 20, i barely have any below lvl 30….

Exp Scrolls are for keyfarming~
Make character, golem bank, level 20 scroll, roflstomp content until level 10, get key, delete. It’s very simple.

Now if I could just get a mystic forge recipe with 4 Jennahs that gives me, I dunno, something worth more than 4 Jennahs. Which isn’t hard.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

….and non-flush-able just so they are totally useless. At least they have a collection slot and stack….(or all but one of mine would be destoryed).

Exp Scrolls are for keyfarming~
Make character, golem bank, level 20 scroll, roflstomp content until level 10, get key, delete. It’s very simple.…..

You just proved you have no idea about key farming….nobody would ever use a 1 use LVL 20 scroll to earn a BL key….being LVL 20 might lower your time by 30 seconds at the most. Nobody running keys does it ONE time, either.

The scrolls are for new characters (and thus promotes new character slot sales). This is also why they only add levels up to 20 and not just add 20 levels to any character.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Posted by: Dondarrion.2748

Dondarrion.2748

I would be happy if we got a scroll that would add 30 lvl to your char. Ie. either take your lvl 1 to lvl 30 which is kind of a milestone, or just act as tome of knowledge X 30 for higher lvl chars.

Lord Sazed / Hasla the Huntress / Seaguard Hala
Seamarshal Belit / Initiate Xun Tsu / Mistwarden Roshone
Seafarer’s Rest | Northerner @ Dragon Season

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

A level 40 scroll, a mini Marjory, and another Birthday booster. Next year it will be a level 60 scroll, a mini Taimi, and another Birthday booster. 4th birthday will be a level 80 scroll, a mini Braham, and another Birthday booster. The year after that they’ll just give us an 80 scroll, a mini Kasmeer, and another Birthday booster. 6th year will be a mini Rox, an 80 scroll, and another Birthday booster. 7th year will be a mini Canach, an 80 scroll, and a birthday booster. Then GW2 will shut down, and we’ll go over to GW3.

Posted by: LostBalloon.6423

LostBalloon.6423

you mean 9 times the same non-tradable mini, yup, looking forward to it XD

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

My only hope would be something “racial”. Although I am sure some people would not like that either if they don’t have the specific race that might receive the coolest out of the birthday gifts.

Instead of a lvl 20 booster perhaps something more universal, other than that I have no expectations and an army of the same mini might not be avoidable.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Posted by: pessimist.7294

pessimist.7294

Prepare yourself for another Jennah-mini

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Nah this one will be Trahearne.

Rouven.7409

Said the pessimist. “But this time in a new outfit!” said the Optimist. “Nonsense, the Pale Tree Mini is up next.” said the Realist.

?

Rauderi.8706

Nobody running keys does it ONE time, either.

The scrolls are for new characters (and thus promotes new character slot sales). This is also why they only add levels up to 20 and not just add 20 levels to any character.

Nobody? Just proved that wrong. lol huehuehue XD

And new characters? Who’s making new characters these days that has also been playing the game for more than a year? The new trait system is an utter hindrance, and the general pulse of things is that it’s no longer worth it to make new ones. I’m certainly not (except for key runs =P and those don’t count). Not to say nobody is, but I have to wonder how much NA/EU new character slot sales have dropped.

Maybe if they remade the scrolls to get to 36 instead of 20. Or 60. I’d make a new character if I could bounce to 60 instantly. Maybe. Either way, Experience Scroll is really, really lackluster now.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

My only hope would be something “racial”. ….

Like a Swastika armband or a KKK hood?

Wait…never mind.

Nobody running keys does it ONE time, either.

Nobody? Just proved that wrong. lol huehuehue XD
…..

If you provide some specifics (rather than vague implications you wasted your scroll to earn one BL key), I could point out how your actions are far from mainstream (at least among those that do regular key runs).

Per your ability to prove me wrong with ONE example……I have a new character started recently that I used my last Scroll on. I used my previous ones on characters that are now 80s. If you choose to waste your scrolls because you feel you will never use them, that’s totally your decision.

Sure the scrolls could be better, but they do have uses to some players.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

Rouven.7409

Hehe, well no – you know that’s not what I meant. Perhaps I should have used the term “cultural”. B-day tattoo for Norn, maybe cultural backpieces or armour skins, maybe even just a cultural toy.

Rauderi.8706

If you choose to waste your scrolls because you feel you will never use them, that’s totally your decision.

Sure the scrolls could be better, but they do have uses to some players.

Yup, totally. Because the 12+ I got a year ago were going to waste, otherwise. And I really don’t think I’m going to start 12 more characters with the current kitteny trait system. I (re)made one, just to give it a fair shake. Sadly, it failed to exceed my forgivingly low expectations.

Here’s to hoping for something more interesting, though I have to admit the 24-hour birthday boost is welcome to come back. Just leave Jennah at home.

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

2 greens 1 blue

More like only a blue or a green

Hopefully we at least get different mini this year. Not sure what to do with all the Jennas I have…

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

i think 20 skill points or 20 levels like we get in chests would be better then the level 20 scroll we got
set of minis same rareness and tradeable(some people dont like minis and that way everyone can get them all)
birthday booster from last year would be fine

its sort of like last year but a bit better

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

At least a makeover kit, please Anet?

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]