2nd Birthdays coming up!!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

So for a lot of us our 2nd birthdays are coming up any idea’s what Anet has planned for us or any Birthday wishes

Personally I would be happy with anything rather than another mini Queen Jenna

I’m not sure if this thread has been created before but I couldn’t seem to find one

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I’ll be sorely disappointed if all of us get the same mini while an entire 20+ mini collection is added to the cash shop, as was the case last year.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

As a side note: Please, for the love of everything tasty and delicious, let me forge my army of Jennahs and Risen Priests of Balthazar.

Posted by: Snowmoon.1758

Snowmoon.1758

I wish Anet made anyone whose birthday falls on that month have their head or something turn into a birthday cake lol!

Like how they did the bobblehead for everyone on April Fools.

Having a birthday doesn’t mean you should get rewards or anything,
just being able to have fun would be nice enough.

Staunch Supporter of Mounts in Guild Wars 2. Gimme mah Fluffeh White Bunneh!!!
Give us Mounts, Anet! Pretty Please with Chocolate, Whipped Cream, Cherry and Mayonnaise? d^_^b

Posted by: weskay.9217

weskay.9217

I kind of want ten more Miniature Queen Jennah’s to be quite frank. Just kidding. I like the booster and 20 level scroll. I just wish it gave you 20 levels whenever rather than boosting you up to level 20.

How about a handful of Black Lion Keys?

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

no.no more 10 Queen Jennah pls. lol.

at least make it random birthday mini like in GW1.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The new Mini will be the Mad King in Queen Jennah’s gown.

Every now and then it will say lines like “Don’t I look lovely?”, “Where are my shoes?”, or “Does this make my butt look big?”

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

give me an exp scroll that gives me 80 levels instead of 20 please

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Or at least give us simply 20 of those new level-up scrolls, so that we can even use it on 80 chars for skillpoints, instead that 1-20 scrolls

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

…Like how they did the bobblehead for everyone on April Fools…

Yah – that went over well. Probably not a good choice of suggestions…

Some folks (wait for it…) tore our heads off when some of us expressed anything positive about the aesthetic change… we’d likely see a similar blow up (snicker) again if they implemented the cake idea.

ALTHOUGH… a bobblehead+cake idea has merit – “Shake and Cake”.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Or at least give us simply 20 of those new level-up scrolls, so that we can even use it on 80 chars for skillpoints, instead that 1-20 scrolls

Yes please. Leveling now bites the kitten big time in this game.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Scratch that. All i want for my birthday is for anet to listen to the players and reverse the kittenykitten new trait system. Thank you.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Posted by: LumAnth.5124

LumAnth.5124

I have a feeling it is the mystic dragon miniature you see in the bank collection tab. Maybe?

Happy early birthday to those that get it though! (I created my character on launch day but deleted him and remade him 3 days later. DOH. I also knew about birthdays since I played gw1 but he was so uglyyyy)

Sorry for the typos….
I’m usually typing on my phone

Posted by: papryk.6273

papryk.6273

2 blues + 1 green

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

more 24 hours birthday boosters would be nice.

maybe give us 2 sets of 24 hours birthday boosters since it would be our 2nd birthday?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Everyone gets a free Black Lion Weapon Ticket!

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

truthfully after last year i dont really care but something along the line of black lion weapon ticket would be best in my book. 20 skill point thingy instead of the up to level 20 one we got last year i still got those. no minis if we get the same one with each gift. i havent used the birthday boosters yet but i think most people did so if we got those again that would be alright. last year i was so excited for the b-day gifts this year i dont care if we get them or not

Posted by: Sekai.2987

Sekai.2987

last year was a huge disapointment for me , i loved the gifts in gw1 but the things we got last year was terrible, i dont expect anything from anet this year , so they can´t disapoint me ….give me one more time 10 stupid acc bound mini pets , i wound not be surprised anymore

Posted by: Rolyate.6753

Rolyate.6753

Wish they’d just make it account dependent rather than character, played since beta, but due to PvPing characters were regularly remade in order to incorporate other classes.

Rolyate
How do you pronounce your name?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

The only thing I am sure we will get is massive amounts of complaints about whatever GIFT we are given.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Shademehr.1397

Shademehr.1397

The only thing I am sure we will get is massive amounts of complaints about whatever GIFT we are given.

Bingo. Folks sure do like to complain about free stuff. I deal with it at work all the time and it’s tiresome.

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

Give me a candle sword and cake shield and I’ll be happy

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

more 24 hours birthday boosters would be nice.

maybe give us 2 sets of 24 hours birthday boosters since it would be our 2nd birthday?

The old birthday boosters still state in the item info that it gives a boost to karma gained when it does not and was apparently not supposed to.

Since they cannot even fix the info on the booster from the first birthday gift in all this time, I’m not really expecting anything special or different to have been thrown together for the second birthday gift – expect more Queen Jennahs to sit worthlessly in a stack in our collections tab.

Then again, I barely used the stuff from the first birthday gift due to lack of usefulness. We could get absolutely nothing for the 2nd birthday and it would be as useful to me as the first birthday present…and I’d be fine with that.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I think the theme of the 2nd year gifts should be variety without RNG. Sure, it was awesome in GW1 when you got a rare birthday mini, but more often than not you got something that was a letdown and selling the gift and buying what you wanted was a better way to do it. That shouldn’t be the case for this year’s gifts and it shouldn’t be like the year one gifts in GW2 either. I would like to see 20 different tonics or minis and we get one randomly, but they all have the same rarity by virtue of text color and drop rate.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

a box full of disappointment.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

5000 gold and a few precursors pls

also free ascended pls

maybe throw in 3000 gems too while we’re at it

Posted by: Lolindir.3518

Lolindir.3518

a box full of disappointment.

This, and a booster.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

also free ascended pls

If they did that people would still flock here and find a reason to complain about it. I can see it now, “3000 gems, meh… Anet is greedy and just trying to get people addicted to the gem store!”

The Burninator

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

also free ascended pls

Your vision is not big enough.
All mats kitten t6 to the max possible (with expanded storage), every skin unlocked to date, enough gems to crash the price down to 10s each.
If you repeat it often enough you can then say the company lied when these things don’t show up.

EDIT: I am going to leave the kitten in the above, it is just so cute.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Id like to see random mini pets like it was in gw1. It would allow us to slowly completely collections without investing into minis. And it also avoids giving us 10 of the same mini pet. :P

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Mini Logan and Mini Anise, please

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

Id like a title, some achievement points, a birthday booster, a leveler scroll (+20, not up to 20) and some mini (my choice of).

and 500,000 karma please.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Load of Gems, Load of Luck, a houndred Laurel, 1000 AP, 25 Transmutation Charge, introducing weapon dyes with free uses, or random precursor would be nice (let’s see those prices fall, jeez!).

But if they really want me happy, improve game workd or graphics, or just fix rangers =)

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

For the birthday event, I want some real drama.

Make a member of the new Destiny’s Edge 2.0 die. Or even better, let them all die.

Maybe then we can go back to the orders and the pact. Honestly, I prefer one annoying Trahearne over a group of five useless NPCs.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The difference between Guild Wars 1 presents and Guild Wars 2 presents was the not knowing what you are going to get versus knowing exactly what you are going to get. Not knowing makes a gift mysterious and exciting. Knowing…….not so much.

With all accounts getting the exact same mini. With most people, probably close to 100%, having multiple chars, all getting the exact same mini, that’s a recipe to devalue a mini to irrelevance. I myself have 11 mini Jenna.

What in the heck does anyone do with 11 identical account bound minis? One is, oh nice. Cool. Eleven is, annoyance at a redundant, useless item, stash in bank, never look at again.

If they are going to do the “everyone gets the same mini” again, I would hope that they change the rules to a separate present that contains the mini, one per account only. Maybe sent out on the account’s birthday if that’s the easiest way to do it.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

I suggested it before: a mini you.
I’m conflicted if it should be permanently what you look like on your birthday, or if it just mirrors what you look like when you pull it out.
But it would really cool if it’s tradable (probably not on the TP – too many listings, but at least able to be sent via mail and have me have a mini you chasing me).

Posted by: Flash.6912

Flash.6912

I wish we could choose our minies: examples 3 special mini for your 2nd birth-day, but can only pick 1

R.I.P Kumu <3

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Eh, I wasn’t a fan of getting a bunch of the same minis, but I still think it’s awesome that you actually get your character’s birthday acknowledged in this game. This is one of the things GW1 did right, and even if the gifts are crap, it’s a step up from most MMOs.

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Hope the birthday boosters included.

As for the Queen Jennah mini picture this—

LS season (pick a number) It is revealed that Scarlets ultimate weapon was——-A cloning machine, which was used on queen Jennah—-Queue The Walking Dead intro, but replaced with Queen Jennahs.

Posted by: barabajaga.7652

barabajaga.7652

a dev team that works in www and spvp .

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The best birthday gift they could give me would be to implement a captcha system to LFG posts to weed out the illiterate.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Mini Trahearne’s for everyone!!!!

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: ricky markham.8173

ricky markham.8173

one good thing im expecting garbage so if i get better ill be happy. thats what i started doing for ls this year and im happy with what ive gotten

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

one good thing im expecting garbage so if i get better ill be happy. thats what i started doing for ls this year and im happy with what ive gotten

You play something you feel is treating you like garbage? Or you just fling garbage and yell that it stinks?

Posted by: Kill.3458

Kill.3458

Some sort of level booster (preferably 80) as much as I love GW2, I seriously despised leveling in this game xD, that and a Black lion weps skin and a random mini

Posted by: leviathan.2148

leviathan.2148

The new Mini will be the Mad King in Queen Jennah’s gown.

Every now and then it will say lines like “Don’t I look lovely?”, “Where are my shoes?”, or “Does this make my butt look big?”

THIS! Please this

I am an engineer – a pianist of destruction! Now please go back to standing in my AOE.

http://wpwhendead.tumblr.com - a GW2 webcomic about a Charr and a Skritt

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Expect a mini Pale Tree avatar, a birthday booster and another scroll to level to 20 (cause you know you need those after two years of playing).

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Kenjo.9651

Kenjo.9651

What I’d like Anet to give out:

1 birthday booster + 1 RNG minipet gift (like from GW1)

What Anet will probably give us (one of three possible outcomes):

1. Exactly the same as last year’s gift with a different account bound mini (most likely this one)
2. Just the Birthday booster (cuz people be whinin’ and kitten)
3. Absolutely nothing (see above)

Posted by: Kapina.9012

Kapina.9012

For me the birthday gift was exactly the same it was the first year.

Bit disappointing but didn’t bother me too much.

EDIT: My mistake. Didn’t realize each alt character gets their own birthday gift + brain fart.

(edited by Kapina.9012)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

For me the birthday gift was exactly the same it was the first year.

Bit disappointing but didn’t bother me too much.

Noones had their second birthday yet. The game hasnt been out for 2 years just yet.