3 HoM points

3 HoM points

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

hello guys! I’d like to get 3 HoM points (for the heritage chest) in the fastest way possible. I read that just by linking a GW1 account with a GW2 account gives you 3 HoM point, can someone confirm me this? Would I just need to buy Prophecies + EotN, create an account and then link it to my GW2 account to get my 3 HoM points?

Also, what is this story about HoM being “on halt”? Would this, whatever “this” is, affect what I intend to do in any way?

Thanks in advance

Frenk – EU
All is vain

3 HoM points

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

I’m not sure if linking gives you any points, but yes you have to buy at least one of the Campaigns and EotN and link it to your Gw2 account. Also HoM rewards are disabled at this current time, so you can’t get anything from it.

EDIT: According to the FAQ in the HoM calculator it seems you will get 3 points from linking accounts.

Q: Why did I receive 3 points for having “Accounts Linked” under the Monument of Honor when I haven’t done any linking yet?

A: When Guild Wars 2 is released, there will be a way to link your Guild Wars account to your Guild Wars 2 account. If you own Eye of the North, you will receive 3 points for linking the accounts together. The Reward Calculator assumes that you will have linked the accounts together, so it automatically gives you those points.

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

(edited by kamedin.4698)

3 HoM points

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yes, as was said above, linking does give you the three points. Just make sure you have at least one of the base GW1 campaigns and EOTN. HOM is currently disabled as they create/test/implement a fix for a big bug that happened a few months ago that gave people HOM points when they didn’t actually earn them.

3 HoM points

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You’ll need to link the two accounts and you’ll need to have EOTN and one of the campaigns. I think you’ll then need you get a char to the Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars 1 which will require leveling a char until it’s high enough level to get the quest that allows it to go to the EOTN and then make it’s way to the Hall of Monuments, then go into the instance to unlock it.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hall_of_Monuments
You will be able to link a single Guild Wars account to your Guild Wars 2 account at any time after creating your Guild Wars 2 account.
Only accounts with the Eye of the North expansion and who have unlocked the Hall of Monuments are eligible for rewards.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

3 HoM points

Posted by: Frenk.5917

Frenk.5917

Yes, as was said above, linking does give you the three points. Just make sure you have at least one of the base GW1 campaigns and EOTN. HOM is currently disabled as they create/test/implement a fix for a big bug that happened a few months ago that gave people HOM points when they didn’t actually earn them.

So those 3 points actually are enough for me to get the reward I need.. but I’m thrilled by GW1, should I play it (to also get more points)?

Frenk – EU
All is vain

3 HoM points

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I personally think it’s a great game. Before you can really even get to EOTN, you’ll be leveling and playing a bit in your starting campaign; I think I played until around level 10 on each of my characters before going to the EOTN content to unlock heroes for them and such. That early playing should give you an idea of how you like the game.

3 HoM points

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

Yes, please give GW1 a try, and actually play it!

Just don’t expect it to be anything like GW2. Enjoy it for the weird Diablo/Magic the Gathering hybrid it is.

I should be writing.

3 HoM points

Posted by: MauricioCezar.2673

MauricioCezar.2673

By the way, if you are planning to only get Gw and EotN, get the platinum edition:
http://store.guildwars.com/store/gw/en_US/pd/ThemeID.37893000/productID.299594600
(There are other websites that sell cheaper, but thats up to you).

I advert that, because it is cheaper. And on Topic, yes – You can get a character, level up to 10, rush to Lion’s Arch and get eotn storyline.

Not sure if only linking account without unlocking hall of monuments gives you the points, but unlock the hall of monuments should take to a new-ish player about to 4 hours of gameplay I believe.

3 HoM points

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Yes, please give GW1 a try, and actually play it!

Just don’t expect it to be anything like GW2. Enjoy it for the weird Diablo/Magic the Gathering hybrid it is.

GW1 is a very different game to GW2. Do try it. It is a very fun game, and with HoT coming some of the story of GW1 will give you some back story to HoT.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

3 HoM points

Posted by: slamb.4781

slamb.4781

Hi and YES give GW1 a go it is a very fun and challenging game game!!

If you are looking at building your points for the GW2 skins take a look st the link below it should help.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLwjUu-rfXofzkzT0m3wa-igIMFLelMLQ

Sir Kitty Litter
[QOP] Quaggan Op – Guild Leader

3 HoM points

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

just one tip, try and build your own build before jumping to PvX.
PvX is more made for ppl who don’t know how to build properly, try it your self first so you can learn what each profession can do.