3 Tickets Per Each BL Chest Weapon now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Is this going to be a consistent thing from now on? I’ve been here since 3-day headstart, and have only managed to create 2 Claim Tickets total in that time. Not all of us are friggin’ key farmers, please don’t punish the rest of us! At this rate it’ll be only one BL Weapon per every four years of gameplay for those of us who are not farming keys.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Brand new skins are still one ticket. The Dreamthistle skins are a re-release, and cost more just like all other re-released black lion skins.

Posted by: KStudios.2850

KStudios.2850

Brand new skins are still one ticket. The Dreamthistle skins are a re-release, and cost more just like all other re-released black lion skins.

Oooooh, so this is like a sale event? They go from 5 Tickets on sale to 3… I see now. That’s actually pretty clever. By all means, carry on then.

Yumiko Togashii
Commander to [SLVR], Housepet to [GH]

Posted by: jheryn.8390

jheryn.8390

Is this going to be a consistent thing from now on? I’ve been here since 3-day headstart, and have only managed to create 2 Claim Tickets total in that time. Not all of us are friggin’ key farmers, please don’t punish the rest of us! At this rate it’ll be only one BL Weapon per every four years of gameplay for those of us who are not farming keys.

Why is it punishing anyone because they choose not to key farm?

New skins are only 1 ticket each and old ones are five. These are just a “sale” at three tics each for a short time.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

First of all, sorry to derail the thread.

Has anyone farmed chests lately? Are the chances of ticket scraps still as wiki states?
I did a few runs these last days just for a change of pace and haven’t seen a single ticket scrap drop. I know RNG can be tricky, so wondering if it’s bad luck or the chances have changed.

Out of the 6 chests I’ve opens lately, I’ve had 2 scraps and one ticket. But out of the 10 I opens the time before that I had 1 ticket, and 5 scraps. But RNG is RNG. So read this how you will.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Here’s my results from opening 350 black lion chests last night: http://i.imgur.com/YOGTYXi.png

For weapon skins:
8 Black Lion Claim Tickets
128 Scraps

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

Oooooh, so this is like a sale event? They go from 5 Tickets on sale to 3… I see now. That’s actually pretty clever. By all means, carry on then.

more like, they went from unpurchasable to 3 tickets. I assume for a limited time. a bit ago they removed many BL weapon sets from being sold, this was one of those. I pitty anyone who owned these before they re-released them, they went from being worth 2000g to 200g.

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

more like, they went from unpurchasable to 3 tickets. I assume for a limited time. a bit ago they removed many BL weapon sets from being sold, this was one of those. I pitty anyone who owned these before they re-released them, they went from being worth 2000g to 200g.

They’ll go back up once they’re removed again. This is the chance players take when listing a skin for thousands of gold- and surely if they’re selling/flipping these skins they’re probably aware that Anet brings back the skins from time to time. So don’t pity them

Posted by: exp.3168

exp.3168

there are not any skins now you can buy for one ticket?
okee then I have to do 50 keyruns more.
I’m so happy.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

Its not sale as “discount”, but sale as in “in stock again”. BL skins work on a odd rotation, where every time a new skin set is released, the older skin sets go up one tier in price. They do this for a myriad of marketing reasons, as the entire speculation market dumps tons of resources into building a collection of skins for later resale.

Right now is the best time to buy the skins with gold, as being on offer has caused the prices to temporarily tank with all the Undercutting. After all that extra supply is gone, the price will go right back up to where it was before.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

If you’ve really been playing the game from launch, you’d already know they do this very often. They’ll randomly put BL weapons on sale to up gem store purchase of BL keys. In the past, whenever they introduced a new skin they put an old skin on ‘sale’ for 3 tickets. They’ve even bought back old skins and put them on sale for 1 ticket. Sales are really at their whims, just like any other commercial industry. Don’t know why you would complain about discounted prices for anything, really.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Here’s my results from opening 350 black lion chests last night: http://i.imgur.com/YOGTYXi.png

For weapon skins:
8 Black Lion Claim Tickets
128 Scraps

That sounds about right. Maybe a little high compared to the old rules of thumb.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Aria.5940

Aria.5940

Thx a lot. Must just be a bit of bad luck then. RNG really is the hardest opponent in game

Posted by: RubberDougie.2750

RubberDougie.2750

Wait, you can get tickets from the chest? u.u I’ve only ever got scraps.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Yep, I’ve gotten tickets on more than one occasion. Not often though.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Once I got a ticket and a scrap. ^^ But just that one time out of all the times I’ve opened a chest. The current research has the ticket drop rate at about 2%.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest/Drop_rate

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

They’ll go back up once they’re removed again. This is the chance players take when listing a skin for thousands of gold- and surely if they’re selling/flipping these skins they’re probably aware that Anet brings back the skins from time to time. So don’t pity them

oh, I’m betting on this I was already buying them for 200g within minutes of the patch. they are currently closer to 300g.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Dreamthistle skins are 320-385g each. That’s roughly $33-40 of gems.

$40 of gems is at best price roughly 38 keys.

The chance of getting 3 or more tickets (in combination of scraps and tickets) in 38 keys is roughly 15.5%. And that’s using the “good” rule of thumb odds. Using the stats from the 350 chest sample that was recently posted that goes up to an awesome 21.6%. Woot.

Of course buying keys with gold bought gems yields even fewer keys so, yeah, buy off the TP, it’ll be cheaper.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes