3 loading screens getting back to airship? :/

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

If you logout while on the airship, you need to wait for 3 loading screen to get back on it. come on anet.. sort this out already.

If you already have the pass in your inventory why are you kicked off the airship when you log back in?
Why does it first load airship, then kick you off and load Gendarran Fields.. then load again to get back on it.

I don’t understand it.

Also it says “quick travel to all cities” on the tooltip of airship pass, but where is this? I don’t see this on the airship.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

For your latter question: Talk to the helmswoman (inside towards the prow, near the jewelcrafting skritt). One click on her dialogue options sends you to the front gate of the city requested.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

They really need to rename the NPC something like Helmsman [Quick Travel] so it’s obvious.

And yes, the multiple loading screens are a hassle. So much so, that I never want to use the Activity NPC from there, because I know what is in store for me when the game is over. (And the loading screens are MUCH longer these days with the MegaServer).

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

Thanks for the info now this airship is now really useful for my alts travelling, because you can go to any bank, use the pass, put it back in the bank then talk to the npc. (equivalent of LA before it’s destruction). Yes renaming the NPC would make sense.

I really think they should also put this item in the GEM store again, many people who I speak to never knew the perma one existed and just bought the consumable versions.

If they can’t make the game check bags before zoning you out (to see if you are carrying the pass) then simply don’t load the airship when zoning back and ONLY load gendarran fields, as least this way you will only have 2 loading screens getting back and not 3. It’s really ridiculous.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

(edited by Vashoom.8512)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Get the Royal Pass, no loading screen when you get kicked out. =)

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

Yep, multiple loadings scream of clunky design and little oversight. What I had hoped the process would be was similar to the HoM. Airship picks you up in Cursed Shore and drops you off in Cursed Shore. But Anet sees map travel as content so…