30 Second Survey for GW2 Players

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Murdyr.9204

Murdyr.9204

Hey, not sure where to post this, so here we go!

Hey, I just made a survey (mostly for my own curiosity) to see what class is the most popular, what race is the most popular, who raids and how often people play.

Here’s the link: https://surveynuts.com/surveys/take?id=104126&c=1551477417DHHP

If enough people reply for this to be even close to good enough to use for real statistics, I’ll post whatever stuff I can pull out of this survey!

Thanks in advance, guys

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

When you consider that a small fraction of the players visit the forums, an even smaller fraction of that group posts, and an even smaller fraction will probably fill this out your results are not going to be very thorough…

But what the heck, I’ll fill it out.

And predictions

Most popular race: human… I’ll even be more precise Human Female xD

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It would be nice to be able to see results. (If there’s a way to do it I missed it).

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: DGraves.3720

DGraves.3720

Very well, I’ll help.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I answered it but had to think a little because I have different “mains.” Human male Daredevil for new content and for dailies as he has full world completion. Female sylvari Reaper for most PvE and all Hot maps, especially when helping others get through story/dungeons/exploration/hp gathering. Female human Chronomancer for fractals and dungeons (she’s my main for it, the Reaper also gets to go at times). And a whole range of alts for RP of various flavors.

Note: The survey only asked for base classes. So you seeing “Necromancer” as an answer is there because “Reaper” is love, not because a base necro is my first choice in anything other than RP as I have a rich backstory for my human female necro … you might have wanted to include the elite variations as options.

Posted by: Murdyr.9204

Murdyr.9204

In response to Miku, I’ve gotten 200 filled surveys from reddit and the forums combined in just over an hour. Not sure if this means we have a large portion of people on the forums + reddit, or there are more GW2 players than I expected.

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

Okay, added my leaf

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

The other thing to note is you may not get results that show linkages-for instance, heavy armour tends to look best on the large characters like charr and norn, whereas light armour still looks great on asura. There’s also linkages like charr engineers in Iron Legion, and there may even be some odd edge cases where certain PvE racial skills go best with certain classes!

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

I’m no use. I’m slowly filling out a matrix across 2 accounts of all races and all professions. I’m down to 10 missing combinations. I have a surplus of 2 human mesmers beyond that – but they were both created human (and mesmer) for specific reasons.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

In response to Miku, I’ve gotten 200 filled surveys from reddit and the forums combined in just over an hour. Not sure if this means we have a large portion of people on the forums + reddit, or there are more GW2 players than I expected.

^^; I was just giving you a heads up about posting any “real statistics”. I didn’t mean any disrespect or harm, I was just saying it’s a very small percentage of the games players that will actually fill out the survey.

If you look at the concurrent player total and account totals that have been given. It would take a much larger amount of responses No harm in seeing what forum players play though.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

@the post above me (I do not want to quote it fully)

That is the point of a survey. This is not a census, but a rough insight. If statistically the majority plays Bookahs, you will see this in the results no matter if you ask 10, 50 or 100 people.

In Germany, many “surveys” about politics include exactly 1,000 surveyed people – German population is 80 Million, eligible to vote are 60 Million. Still, these are published in newspapers and TV news as “trend”.

I’d like to see an official census though, but that will never happens so I am interested in the results here.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”