30$ with an additional character slot

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: AVM.5746

AVM.5746

That’s what I imagined for the upgrade with existing players…
My happy place suddenly became rainy with thunder clouds.

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

I was hoping for this too, would have purchased it on the spot if that was the case…

Posted by: Zantet.4167

Zantet.4167

This will be my first post because I’ve been getting into GW2 this past 2 weeks and very excited for this expansion.
However it seems like the majority of the players here do not like the pricing since ANET included the core game with the expansion as a bundle.
So why not just include 2 CD-KEYS / activation code ? One for the core game and another for the expansion so buyers/players can apply them however they want?

Posted by: MrInfinit.1864

MrInfinit.1864

dude Anet has NEVER CHARGED $30.00 for a pack EVER !!!!!!! even in Guild Wars one the packs was $50.00 what in the kitten your on . you need to get off it or change it . cuase the day Anet comes out with a new pack for $30.00 will be the same day Anet gives us all 10,000 gems, and the GOP is put in jail for there lies

Compare the content in the GW1 “expansions” to what we’re getting now. $50 makes less sense in that regard imo

(edited by MrInfinit.1864)

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

dude Anet has NEVER CHARGED $30.00 for a pack EVER !!!!!!! even in Guild Wars one the packs was $50.00 what in the kitten your on . you need to get off it or change it . cuase the day Anet comes out with a new pack for $30.00 will be the same day Anet gives us all 10,000 gems, and the GOP is put in jail for there lies

Factions and Nightfall were full games, could be played without Prophecies, and you could still play PvP. They might have been billed as “expansions” and in the technical sense they expanded on the available content, but linking them was optional.

You can’t play HoT without Gw2, hence it is an expansion, and relative to GW1’s “expansions” includes DRAMATICALLY less content.

So, dude, check your outrage at the door, and bone up on your facts and history before calling someone else out.

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

The heck are you even talking about. People need to realise nightfall and factions aren’t expansions and stop spreading this nonsense

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Eye of the North which was an expansion, did not come with a base game and was a lot cheaper than HoT.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Compare the content in the GW1 “expansions” to what we’re getting now. $50 makes less sense in that regard imo

So you’ve played the expansion and know how much content we’re getting. Interesting.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Eye of the North which was an expansion, did not come with a base game and was a lot cheaper than HoT.

Eye of the North didn’t launch much cheaper than the base game of hot and it came with no character slots. It was either $40 or $50 at launch. It came with new territory but no new profession.

Posted by: Drakonath.7096

Drakonath.7096

Eye of the North didn’t launch much cheaper than the base game of hot and it came with no character slots. It was either $40 or $50 at launch. It came with new territory but no new profession.

EoTN was 29.99.

Posted by: MrInfinit.1864

MrInfinit.1864

So you’ve played the expansion and know how much content we’re getting. Interesting.

C’mon now… I’m making a judgement call based on what’s already been revealed. I might be wrong, I might not be. If I’m wrong I’ll be here having spent those $50 happily =)

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

EoTN also came with new heroes, a bunch of areas, dungeons, armor sets (acquired in game, surprise!) and a host of other content.

IIRC I picked it up at release for $19.99