300% Luck MF Q

300% Luck MF Q

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The green bar after you max MF is meaningless right?

Also… why doesn’t this warrant an achievement or title? >: (

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Because the payoff between 100% MF and 300% MF is almost nil.

The Burninator

300% Luck MF Q

Aberrant.6749

GZ you have won gw2…..

I won the bought blues/greens off of the tp part of gw2 for sure.

Every +50% or so I noticed a general uptick in the quality of loot. Between 100 and 300 there is a large difference in what you get from drops overall.

Tarnished Coast

300% Luck MF Q

JustTrogdor.7892

GZ you have won gw2…..

Every +50% or so I noticed a general uptick in the quality of loot. Between 100 and 300 there is a large difference in what you get from drops overall.

But you probably spent more buying blues and greens to salvage for MF than you will get from items that drop and you sell.

The Burninator

300% Luck MF Q

Aberrant.6749

But you probably spent more buying blues and greens to salvage for MF than you will get from items that drop and you sell.

I made about 400g salvaging up to 300… If you’re losing gold while salvaging you’re doing it wrong. I’ll write up a guide for people that don’t know how to do it properly at some point.

Tarnished Coast

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

What happened to the guy who salvaged a million blues or something for the 20k achieves? He was pretty cool..

elite specs ruined pvp.

300% Luck MF Q

JustTrogdor.7892

What happened to the guy who salvaged a million blues or something for the 20k achieves? He was pretty cool..

Well if he was anything like the OP he must have made 42,937 gold from his salvaging.

The Burninator

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Nah pretty sure he said he had a net loss of a few hundred gold.

elite specs ruined pvp.

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Nah pretty sure he said he had a net loss of a few hundred gold.

mats were cheaper then, ascended crafting didn’t exist and jack up the prices of mid tier mats (ie iron from 10c to 1s30)

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

300% Luck MF Q

Aberrant.6749

I would indeed still like an answer to my question if anyone knows…. the green bar just seems to increase X/X

I didn’t start by saying look here bla bla bla. I even said

It’s not hard or skillful (other than being smart enough to select the items that net you profit from salvaging)… but compared to most of the other things that do give you AP or titles… it’s more harder/time consuming than those, hence I felt that it should award AP or a title or something.

I didn’t say anything about how much I made doing it until some one else stated:

There are others that salvage for profit that I’m sure make far more than I did.

I’ll be making a guide on how to do it for others as well. I’ve gotten this type of response from multiple people that I know, so apparently it’s not common knowledge how to salvage for profit +MF.

It’s very easy to get to 150% MF (11% of the total luck you would need to hit 300% MF). Even very casual players can do this.

Frekkin’ trolls and haters all over the place on these forums.

Tarnished Coast

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

300% Luck MF Q

JustTrogdor.7892

I’ll be making a guide on how to do it for others as well.

It’s very easy to get to 150% MF (11% of the total luck you would need to hit 300% MF). Even very casual players can do this.

Frekkin’ trolls and haters all over the place.

Yes please do share your guide about making 400 gold salvaging items for 300% MF. I’ll eat my words. If it was that easy you would see in order about how to make gold:

Trading post
Salvaging items for gold and MF
Champ trains
Dungeons

I have yet to see anyone talking about the lucrative trade salvaging items for gold and MF.

The Burninator

300% Luck MF Q

Aberrant.6749

Well just as a quick/basic show of what I did, look up Rampager’s reinforced scale gauntlets (65 green crafted) on the TP. The buy order is at 1.65s. That salvages into 1-2 platinum ore. Plat ore is 2s24c each. So you gain MF + 48c-2.24s (due to tp fees on selling the plat after). It’s not a lot, but it adds up when you’re salvaging SO many things to reach 300% MF.

There are a lot of these types of things all over the tp. You just need to find them and know what salvages into what and how many. I’ll spend some time and get more explaining and get more examples/tips/tricks when I write it up.

Tarnished Coast

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

I’ll be making a guide on how to do it for others as well.

Frekkin’ trolls and haters all over the place.

Yes please do share your guide about making 400 gold salvaging items for 300% MF. I’ll eat my words. If it was that easy you would see in order about how to make gold:

Trading post
Salvaging items for gold and MF
Champ trains
Dungeons

I have yet to see anyone talking about the lucrative trade salvaging items for gold and MF.

its just slow money, you place orders for blues/greens and sell the results. You make money, but you also spend time. you probably would make faster luck gains via farming/tp and then just burning through some money.

Its not bad as a supplement, or when prices are good, but doing all the buy orders, waiting salvaging, selling back etc, not that fast or that fun. Also fluctuations in the market have to be watched and calculated

300% Luck MF Q

Aberrant.6749

Indeed there may be faster ways, but it’s something you can list then go do whatever you want (I almost exclusively play in WvW and hate farming).

Just do it before you go to sleep. It was very common for me to list at night before I went to bed and wake up to 50,000+ luck + a little more coin. It did take a while to actually go through and salvage it all (watched shows etc. lol).

As far as market fluctuations, I just waited if the price on whatever mats I had dropped too low. That happens every week… plat drops down to around 2s per then jumps back up to 2.25ish on the weekends. While 25c isn’t a lot… it mattered because I was selling massive amounts of mats. Same thing happens with the greens/blues. Just know how much is profitable or will at least break even and don’t go above that. Revisit it at a later date.

Tarnished Coast

300% Luck MF Q

JustTrogdor.7892

Indeed there may be faster ways, but it’s something you can list then go do whatever you want (I almost exclusively play in WvW). Or just do it before you go to sleep. It was very common for me to list at night before I went to bed and wake up to 50,000+ luck + a little more coin. It did take a while to actually go through and salvage it all (watched shows etc. lol)

Okay, I can see how that would work and will eat my words. I just don’t see how it could equal to 400 gold in the process of achieving 300% MF. That seems like a lot of work + luck (pun intended). I TP trade and have a similar process of placing orders in the morning and selling in the evening to wake up to some nice gold. I suppose it takes much more of a keen eye to spot items that can make money from salvaging. I’m sorry I have been a kitten in this thread.

I’m off to start salvaging.

The Burninator

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

Salvaging in general can be very profitable if you know what you are doing. The market is overcrowded with Agent of Entropy players, so it is difficult to get alot of supplies to salvage. When get the supply you need for salvaging, you can make alot of gold per hour. (-5g to 50g per hour varying with the market prices). Love my copper-penny salvage kit. Still salvaging is a tedious way to farm for gold but all grinds are.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

300% Luck MF Q

Aberrant.6749

Indeed there may be faster ways, but it’s something you can list then go do whatever you want (I almost exclusively play in WvW). Or just do it before you go to sleep. It was very common for me to list at night before I went to bed and wake up to 50,000+ luck + a little more coin. It did take a while to actually go through and salvage it all (watched shows etc. lol)

Okay, I can see how that would work and will eat my words. I just don’t see how it could equal to 400 gold in the process of achieving 300% MF. That seems like a lot of work + luck (pun intended). I TP trade and have a similar process of placing orders in the morning and selling in the evening to wake up to some nice gold. I suppose it takes much more of a keen eye to spot items that can make money from salvaging. I’m sorry I have been a kitten in this thread.

I’m off to start salvaging.

Because it requires 4295450 luck to get to 300MF. It’s pretty easy until you hit 150% then it starts to go up quickly for what you need for 1%. At 218% it caps at 30,000 luck per 1%. That’s 150 of the 200 luck items… that’s… a lot of salvaging just for 1%.

Salvaging in general can be very profitable if you know what you are doing. The market is overcrowded with Agent of Entropy players, so it is difficult to get alot of supplies to salvage. When get the supply you need for salvaging, you can make alot of gold per hour. (-5g to 50g per hour varying with the market prices). Love my copper-penny salvage kit. Still salvaging is a tedious way to farm for gold but all grinds are.

During the day yea it can be very competative… and there are TP bots out there as well (you’ll be able to tell when they put up listings for 20 of an item 1c above yours over and over regardless of how many you put a bid in for).

I found areas that weren’t infested with bots and listed at around 3-4am server time. Not as many people seem to do it at those hours so your order will sit there and you’ll get a bunch of stuffs. There were some items that I did check every couple of hours and kept up during the day as well.

Tarnished Coast

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Yeah, I’m making a pretty penny salvaging stuff from the TP to increase my MF. All the money I make goes back into the TP to salvage even more MF. It is tedious but at the moment it is better than the living story or getting facerolled by a completely messed up WvW season.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Does MF effect bags?

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Yenn.9185

Yenn.9185

Does MF effect bags?

I don’t think so. It doesn’t affect chests either.

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Lets clear the mist.

1. MF does not affect: chests, quest-loot, map-completion-loot, Mystic Toilet, or boss-loot.

2. Every player has a 1% chance to get rare items. If you have 100% MF increase, it means that you have 2% to get a rare item (1% base + 100% increase = 2%).

A person that has 300% MF increase has an effective 4% chance to get a rare item (instead of 2% for an average person that has only 100% MF).

That’s. It.

If the OP would have flipped the TP, instead of the whole tedious salvage cycle, he could have bought a truck load of ectoplasms by the thousands, which is what this is all for, in a fraction of the time. For reference, I can flip 25g for 20 minutes a day, do the math yourself how much ectoplasms can be straight bought (and I’m not the best at it by far).

Oh and about bragging; I’d like to tell you all that I think I’ll open a ticket that the purple color for legendary-name-tags is not good enough because ……. oh yeah I HAVE SUNRISE!!!!

/endbrag thanks for thread move along

(edited by Korossive.7085)

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Lets clear the mist.

1. MF does not affect: chests, quest-loot, map-completion-loot, Mystic Toilet, or boss-loot.

2. Every player has a 1% chance to get rare items. If you have 100% MF increase, it means that you have 2% to get a rare item (1% base + 100% increase = 2%).

A person that has 300% MF increase has an effective 4% chance to get a rare item (instead of 2% for an average person that has only 100% MF).

That’s. It.

If the OP would have flipped the TP, instead of the whole tedious salvage cycle, he could have bought a truck load of ectoplasms by the thousands, which is what this is all for, in a fraction of the time. For reference, I can flip 25g for 20 minutes a day, do the math yourself how much ectoplasms can be straight bought (and I’m not the best at it by far).

Oh and about bragging; I’d like to tell you all that I think I’ll open a ticket that the purple color for legendary-name-tags is not good enough because ……. oh yeah I HAVE SUNRISE!!!!

so what does MF effect?

you say no chest/bag loot, and no boss drops. so what?

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

I don’t know about bags.
I do know MF affects mob loot.

I would seriously drop the whole MF grind concept. There’s no gain in any aspect you look at it compared to any other method in the game. By magnitude. I can only assume OP has a fetish to the “luck” icons. No other reason.

300% Luck MF Q

Aberrant.6749

It only affects drops. It’s also permanent. Yea I could have flipped more for more short term profit (opportunity cost), but in the long run MF will yield more $. I mostly WvW and do player Vs. player fighting the majority of that time (players = mobs in this situation). If you’re just doing daily chest stuffs etc. it’s not worth it for you to max out your MF, I would stick with 150% (only 11% of the luck cost, but 50% of the total rewards).

I still did my normal flipping, but time was taken away from that to list up buy orders before I went to bed to max out my MF.

Tarnished Coast

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

To answer the OP’s question, I wouldn’t be against there being a “Lucky” title for reaching 300% Luck.

But yeah, since MF does not affect loot bags or chests, you only benefit from it when killing enemies. Given the tendency for players to skip mobs in dungeons/Fractals/just about everywhere, the average player will honestly see very little return from maxing their Luck. As such, unless you really like minmaxing yourself, you’re better off just using whatever Luck you get from salvages and not bothering with trying to get to 300%. (Hence why I wouldn’t mind a title for those who are dedicated enough to get there.)

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: yorick.1305

yorick.1305

’I’ll be making a guide on how to do it for others as well. I’ve gotten this type of response from multiple people that I know, so apparently it’s not common knowledge how to salvage for profit +MF.’

I’d like to see that when it’s done. If only for new ideas. Bit difficult to be definitive though as the essences are quite random per blue/green.

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

well the is a title for having gold why not MF, why not 5 legendary weapons (also nothing).

I am very interested in profitable methods of salvaging. I want 300% MF some day, just to have.

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Lets clear the mist.

That’s. It.

where did you get the 1% number?

300% Luck MF Q

Ulion.5476

That number is on gw2wiki info about magic find. It came from a forum post months ago.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Early on I tried various options to increase MF but gave up on it over time. It just didn’t seem to make much difference; but, the loss of primary stats did seem to make a demonstrable difference.

So, today, with MF off gear and combined with a salvage jones, when the stars align, I have ~200% MF. Does it make any difference? Not that I can tell.

300% Luck MF Q

Aberrant.6749

’I’ll be making a guide on how to do it for others as well. I’ve gotten this type of response from multiple people that I know, so apparently it’s not common knowledge how to salvage for profit +MF.’

I’d like to see that when it’s done. If only for new ideas. Bit difficult to be definitive though as the essences are quite random per blue/green.

It won’t be a guide like buy 20 of these etc. Things change far too much on the tp for that. It’ll be more like this is how you tell if something is profitable to salvage…. this is how you get a lot of items etc.

I did see some one say that blues yield an average of 10.5 and greens 29.3 luck each… but they didn’t show the math.

Tarnished Coast

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

That number is on gw2wiki info about magic find. It came from a forum post months ago.

There is nothing in the wiki about 1% other than MF is increased by 1% each time you fill the Essences of Luck bar. The only Dev quote (which is only mentioned in the ‘Page Discussion’) refers to MF not affecting chests or loot after it has dropped of a mob.

So, I am not sure where this 1% comes from, either.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Find#Account_bonus

300% Luck MF Q

Ulion.5476

Oh you are talking about the normal chance of getting a rare not how it increases the chances of getting one. That was just an example of how it work if rares had a 1% chance.

Ele – Tarnished Coast

300% Luck MF Q

Aberrant.6749

Tarnished Coast

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Obsidian.1328

Obsidian.1328

Rares have a 1% chance to drop?…

Good grief that’s low. In my head that should be the % on exotics lol.

Obsidian Sky – SoR
I troll because I care

300% Luck MF Q

Protoavis.9107

which if the case at 300%MF you have 4%

that’s a lot of salvaging….

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Mystic.5934

Mystic.5934

if 1% base chance to find rare, then 300% mf would increase that to 4%.
if 2% base chance to find rare, then 300% mf would increase that to 8%.
so instead of 4 rares, you would get 16.
except it doesn’t apply to chests or bags, which are the primary source of rares.
in the end, your rare income will probably go from 4 to 5-8, depending on what you do.

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Leamas.5803

Leamas.5803

The drop rates are appalling, have been for a long time. They were much better before November of last year (2012). I still salvage for MF, though only from random drops, but it used to be that high MF actually made drops worse and I hold out some hope they fixed it.

As a show of odds…
I do know that if you drop 4 rares in to the MF, you have about 20% (1/5) chance of getting an exotic and 0.6% (6/1000) chance of that being a precursor. So the chances of getting a precursor out of the forge are 6 in 5000 or 1 in 834 tries…remember that’s 4 rares per try and many people have gone far beyond 834 before getting the PC. You’re better off grinding gold, and the price of the precursors reflect this trend.

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

The only Dev quote (which is only mentioned in the ‘Page Discussion’) refers to MF not affecting chests or loot after it has dropped of a mob.

That’s interesting so would MF affect what’s arleady in the bag/chest at the time of drop. IE the item in the box/bags are rolled for with MF in the calculations. Opening the box/bags will noly give already decided items.

This method would be a useful tool against would be farmers who would hoard bags and chest from farming in full DPS gear and then throw on MF gear to open loot bags/chest.

This would make more sense than MF only affects drops directly from mobs.

[DONE]

300% Luck MF Q

Protoavis.9107

The only Dev quote (which is only mentioned in the ‘Page Discussion’) refers to MF not affecting chests or loot after it has dropped of a mob.

That’s interesting so would MF affect what’s arleady in the bag/chest at the time of drop. IE the item in the box/bags are rolled for with MF in the calculations. Opening the box/bags will noly give already decided items.

This method would be a useful tool against would be farmers who would hoard bags and chest from farming in full DPS gear and then throw on MF gear to open loot bags/chest.

This would make more sense than MF only affects drops directly from mobs.

MF doesn’t affect what’s in boxes/bags, it affects drops from mobs, not loot from bag/boxes

300% Luck MF Q

Aberrant.6749

Yea it will affect if you get a bag or not, but not what’s in the bag itself.

Tarnished Coast

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Norelation.3067

Norelation.3067

Upon the making of this thread, prices on fine/green items worth salvage value have gone up quite a bit. /Lesigh

300% Luck MF Q

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

^ Works for me. Now I can earn more money selling my blues/greens on the TP.

300% Luck MF Q

Aberrant.6749

Upon the making of this thread, prices on fine/green items worth salvage value have gone up quite a bit. /Lesigh

If you’re looking at cloth that’s due to the ascended armor speculation. Metals/wood should still be ok for the most part.

Topaz Gold Earring of Ravaging went down to 97c each, Assassin’s Reinforced Scale Boots still 1.6s, etc. etc. etc.

Tarnished Coast