3250 rare greatswords later

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Opera Stomp.8309

Opera Stomp.8309

Yes, I have a gambling problem, but its not about that. Just wanted to let people know that after 3150 greatswords I got ZERO precursors.

Now, the last 100 is a different story, got Dawn about halfway through, and then got another Dawn within the next few tries.

Just wanted to say that i’m lucky, and that RNG is RNG.

Yup, its all luck…hence gambling is a risk.

(edited by Opera Stomp.8309)

Posted by: Poledo.3256

Poledo.3256

Yes, I have a gambling problem, but its not about that. Just wanted to let people know that after 3150 greatswords I got ZERO precursors.

Now, the last 100 is a different story, got Dawn about halfway through, and then got another Dawn within the next few tries.

That is why RNG is bad.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

thats about 1k+ gold.

i guess you can say you made even

Posted by: Ath.2531

Ath.2531

my guildy got 2 precursors in 1 day, one of those after 3 tries.

does it mean anything? No, nothing at all…just an outlier

Commander Athrael ThunderBorn
GM of Crew of Misfits (CoM)
Piken Square, EU

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

The last 100 are no different story than the first 5, because statistically it doesn’t matter how many you have done.

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

My forge timeline:
-Spent appx 1000g on forge, didn’t get a single precursor
-Then spent about 200g on forge, got two (Spark & Dusk)
-Then spent 800g on forge, didn’t get a single precursor

RNG is RNG, you win, you lose.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

Posted by: Nick.1706

Nick.1706

In the past I’ve put in 350+ rare GS into the toilet, quit and when I came back I decided to just use exotic ones. 50G later, dawn. another 50G later, dusk, then 2 dawns after that. Ended up turning 80G into 2400 or so in a few days with crazy RNG…

Then I went at it again and didn’t see a precursor after 500G

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

In the past I’ve put in 350+ rare GS into the toilet, quit and when I came back I decided to just use exotic ones. 50G later, dawn. another 50G later, dusk, then 2 dawns after that. Ended up turning 80G into 2400 or so in a few days with crazy RNG…

now you are making me feel like throwing away my money again

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Given the nature of RNG you may never see a precursor. It’s one of the reasons financial advisors don’t advise people to just buy more lottery tickets in order to increase your chances of winning. Good luck!

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

It is indeed an epic journey on the way to your Legendary. Wallets are brutally emptied. Picks and axes are wielded upon hapless nodes without mercy. Many a harrowing trek is made to the furtherest reaches of the Trading Post. Virgin sacrificial weapons are flung into the hungering maw of the RNG God until grudgingly he spits out your precursor. And snickers.

All hail the Almighty Zomorros!

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

And doesn’t it make sense that the pinnacle of achievement in the game should not come down to skill, dedication, or even financial success, but rather the flip of a (million sided) coin?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Seen a thousand+ of those threads…Anet love it, constantly congratulating themselves on creating such a good money sink with the MYSTIC TIOLET…where players flush there gold down every day…

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Seen a thousand+ of those threads…Anet love it, constantly congratulating themselves on creating such a good money sink with the MYSTIC TIOLET…where players flush there gold down every day…

I don’t really lose much from the mystic forge. I throw in golds every now and again…and never got a precusor. But I’ve gotten some very cool exotics that aren’t percusors. It’s not really all that expensive when I do the math. I’m close to breaking even.

And since I’m only using drops, and event rewards and such, it’s not like I’m spending gold on it.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

I don’t really lose much from the mystic forge. I throw in golds every now and again…and never got a precusor. But I’ve gotten some very cool exotics that aren’t percusors. It’s not really all that expensive when I do the math. I’m close to breaking even.

And since I’m only using drops, and event rewards and such, it’s not like I’m spending gold on it.

This is exactly what I do. The MF is like an impulse scratch ticket purchase to me. Like throwing spare change at getting one of those, I’ll throw whatever gold drops I have on me when I’m in LA to see what I get. Get some cool stuff sometimes, sometimes not.

Posted by: g e o.2589

g e o.2589

If you can afford 3 THOUSAND greatswords why dont just buy the precursor.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Well, you are spending gold really because you could have sold those drops for gold couldn’t you? So if you factor that in, you will have lost with the mystic toilet unless you have a considerable amount of luck and are one of the few who get a precursor or valuble exotic from a low number of toilet flushes…

Its actually for more effective to farm pure gold, save up and just buy what you want. Rather than risk the mystic toilet.

(edited by Meglobob.8620)

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

My forge timeline:
-Spent appx 1000g on forge, didn’t get a single precursor
-Then spent about 200g on forge, got two (Spark & Dusk)
-Then spent 800g on forge, didn’t get a single precursor

RNG is RNG, you win, you lose.

But this system makes a legendary feel legendary.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

cesmode.4257

If you can afford 3 THOUSAND greatswords why dont just buy the precursor.

Just buy the legendary.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Well, you are spending gold really because you could have sold those drops for gold couldn’t you? So if you factor that in, you will have lost with the mystic toilet unless you have a considerable amount of luck and are one of the few who get a precursor or valuble exotic from a low number of toilet flushes…

Its actually for more effective to farm pure gold, save up and just buy what you want. Rather than risk the mystic toilet.

No, I sell the exotics often for more than I’d have gotten for the golds. It’s not quite breaking even, but it’s relatively close.

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

But this system makes an unlucky player feel extremely frustrated.

Fixed.

I don’t see what’s “legendary” in a weapon that can be achieved by a lucky man in few days.

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

cesmode.4257

But this system makes an unlucky player feel extremely frustrated.

Fixed.

I don’t see what’s “legendary” in a weapon that can be achieved by a lucky man in few days.

I was being extremely sarcastic.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

hahah a gambling problem in a video game. Some people are so weak minded its not even funny. The thing is called Mystic Toilet… if you had a brain on your shoulders you wouldn’t be wasting time with it.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

hahah a gambling problem in a video game. Some people are so weak minded its not even funny. The thing is called Mystic Toilet… if you had a brain on your shoulders you wouldn’t be wasting time with it.

If people had a brain on their shoulders, that would look very peculiar.

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

It’s because you didn’t quit again before going at it again. RNG is broken or should i say DR is broken. The more you play the kittenter loots you get. Quit for few weeks and exos drop like crazy when you come back.

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

RNG is a funny thing. My longest drought has been an 800g run with nothing. Then a week later, The legend on the first try. A few days later, 1 Dusk after 200g~, another Dusk after 700g, and a third after 300g.

I’ve noticed a lot of trends using the forge and I’d like to think I have my fair share of experience with it but it’s all RNG. Do it for fun if you find gambling fun. Do it for the chance at getting your precursor for way cheaper than TP prices or just do it for the hell of it.

Just never expect the forge to give you what you want

Posted by: Titan.3472

Titan.3472

I think you feed the science research on RNG and thank you for that. And yes DR is a system that affect RNG with a large bug that Anet has no idea how to deal with.
Once I dropped a GS precursor in Mystic Forge but as my screen is in French and that they changed the name of it with no notes about it I just dropped it again in MF before realising it was the precursor with a new french name … since I never played MF again lol

(edited by Titan.3472)

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

It is indeed an epic journey on the way to your Legendary. Wallets are brutally emptied. Picks and axes are wielded upon hapless nodes without mercy. Many a harrowing trek is made to the furtherest reaches of the Trading Post. Virgin sacrificial weapons are flung into the hungering maw of the RNG God until grudgingly he spits out your precursor. And snickers.

or you could have just spent that gold on the precursor…. lol

Sounds like these guys are doing it just in hopes they will hit big and then sell it. Not to actually make a legendary.

Posted by: Balkanwarrior.5132

Balkanwarrior.5132

or you could have just spent that gold on the precursor…. lol

Sounds like these guys are doing it just in hopes they will hit big and then sell it. Not to actually make a legendary.

That was pretty much my intention when I was trying for my first ever precursor. Now it’s just fun to dump a few hundred gold and click for an hour. Seeing the precursor pop up on your screen also feels pretty neat

Vol.5241

The forge is not a gold sink. If anything, it leaves more gold in the economy that would otherwise have been taken out if you used the TP to sell your items.

[Permabanned on Forums]

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

when you put it that way I would love to see Zomorros as a new world boss, i’m sure a ton of people have a bone to pick with him..

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Posted by: Arutan.6359

Arutan.6359

A friend of mine gets precursors pretty much at will. He’s gotten 5 Sparks and the Lover. He got the last spark like a week ago and then he decided he wanted the legendary shortbow so the next day he through a couple bows in the forge and voila! He got the lover. Think he’s spent like 400G in the forge and has gotten 3000-4000G out of it. Probably because he is a Thief. ANet loves their thief.

Pie is great. Pie is perfect. Pie is everything.

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

A friend of mine gets precursors pretty much at will. He’s gotten 5 Sparks and the Lover. He got the last spark like a week ago and then he decided he wanted the legendary shortbow so the next day he through a couple bows in the forge and voila! He got the lover. Think he’s spent like 400G in the forge and has gotten 3000-4000G out of it. Probably because he is a Thief. ANet loves their thief.

If you use stealth while you put stuff in toilet you get more precursors.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: gumoor.5674

gumoor.5674

That’s true for every class in some way. For necros, if you want a decent Mystic Forge boost, do it in Death Shroud, but only while placing the first three items. I can’t guarantee this but a friend who never lies told me that it seemed to help.

Posted by: Bunnymancer.6901

Bunnymancer.6901

If you use stealth while you put stuff in toilet you get more precursors.

I hid in a stall and threw money in the toilet, upon flushing nothing was returned. Now what?

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

The forge is not a gold sink. If anything, it leaves more gold in the economy that would otherwise have been taken out if you used the TP to sell your items.

But once they hit big and try to sell it on tp, they will get high with a lump sum fee.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The thing about slot machines, the house always wins.

Vol.5241

But once they hit big and try to sell it on tp, they will get high with a lump sum fee.

Gold sinks need to be looked at en masse, not on one or two players.

The number of people who will fail at the forge lose more value than those who win. More gold still remains in the economy than removed by the lucky few who have to pay the 15% cut

[Permabanned on Forums]

SundayTrash.9562

The number of people who will fail at the forge lose more value than those who win. More gold still remains in the economy than removed by the lucky few who have to pay the 15% cut

ur also missing the fact that most ppl that plays the forge probably brought their mats through TP, therefore it is consider a gold sink.
I would also like to point out that because of the chances for precursor from the forge, there is demands for mith ore and elder wood, compare to silk and thick leather.

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I just want to know how long it takes you all to make the 500g you use to buy stuff to throw in the thing!! Hmmmm….maybe i just need to play more

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Vol.5241

ur also missing the fact that most ppl that plays the forge probably brought their mats through TP, therefore it is consider a gold sink.
I would also like to point out that because of the chances for precursor from the forge, there is demands for mith ore and elder wood, compare to silk and thick leather.

There is no fee for putting up buy orders.

If you want to go several levels deep, such as arguing that the introduction of the mystic forge leads to higher prices of materials, which leads to higher amounts of gold sinked as a fee, then yes, I can see it indirectly being a gold sink. But the mystic forge alone isn’t.

[Permabanned on Forums]

SundayTrash.9562

I just want to know how long it takes you all to make the 500g you use to buy stuff to throw in the thing!! Hmmmm….maybe i just need to play more

3250 Rare GS cost 975g to craft at the current market price.

SundayTrash.9562

There is no fee for putting up buy orders.

If you want to go several levels deep, such as arguing that the introduction of the mystic forge leads to higher prices of materials, which leads to higher amounts of gold sinked as a fee, then yes, I can see it indirectly being a gold sink. But the mystic forge alone isn’t.

There is no fee for putting up buy order, someone is still paying the 15% to fill the order. So at the end of the day 15% still gets remove therefore its consider a gold sink.

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Economics failure lad.

Putting 4 things in and getting 1 that’s worth the same as one of the original 4 is removing value from the economy – which is what happens 999/1000 times.

The one in a thousand that turns a gigantic profit just consolidating wealth and not creating it.