352 Unspent Hero Points = POF?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Purgatori.3645

Purgatori.3645

I was just looking at my Ranger in game and realized that I have 352 unspent hero ponts. Is this going to have any benefit entering the new expansion in September? Soulbeast seems cool along with the other new specializations we have to look forward to … I have tons on my Beserker and Reaper also. Any word from Anet on this?

Cheers

When life knocks you down, roll over and look at the stars.

Posted by: AncientYs.8613

AncientYs.8613

I was just looking at my Ranger in game and realized that I have 352 unspent hero ponts. Is this going to have any benefit entering the new expansion in September? Soulbeast seems cool along with the other new specializations we have to look forward to … I have tons on my Beserker and Reaper also. Any word from Anet on this?

Cheers

have you unlocked the druid spec yet? if not you’ll have to have that unlocked first because it’s a prerequisite to unlocking the next elite spec in this case soulbeast.

Purgatori.3645

Yes of course Druid is fully unlocked. And I still have 352 unspent points.

Posted by: WerTwist.6927

WerTwist.6927

Cheers

have you unlocked the druid spec yet? if not you’ll have to have that unlocked first because it’s a prerequisite to unlocking the next elite spec in this case soulbeast.

That’s actually not the case. You can buy PoF without having bought HoT and get access to the new elite specs in PoF.

AncientYs.8613

Cheers

That’s actually not the case. You can buy PoF without having bought HoT and get access to the new elite specs in PoF.

mhmm.. i see. sorry about that OP didn’t mean to give out false information i didn’t know :>

Purgatori.3645

Cheers

mhmm.. i see. sorry about that OP didn’t mean to give out false information i didn’t know :>

Its all good I actually thought I did read that the new elites were separate from HOT but didnt feel like digging for that info at the moment.

I dont understand why there is no other use for hero points in game right now, but the fact that their whole purpose is to level your character skills/elite skills then I HOPE those of us with excess can get use of them going into the expansion.

Purgatori.3645

and actually now that I think of it is Anet going to make more than one elite specialization lines ?? Is Durid specializations null if I have Soulbeast active? Or will they be able to co-exist ? Now im rambling …

AncientYs.8613

and actually now that I think of it is Anet going to make more than one elite specialization lines ?? Is Durid specializations null if I have Soulbeast active? Or will they be able to co-exist ? Now im rambling …

You choose either Soulbeast or Druid they cannot coexist.

The elite spec line is the most bottom one out of the 3.

Posted by: Trashman.8596

Trashman.8596

It is null if you have Soulbeast active. The Elite takes the last slot.

Venkas
Ehmry Bay/Haven Community
A Commander sometimes

Posted by: Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Tanner Blackfeather.6509

Only the bottom spec slot can hold an Elite spec, so you can only have one active at a time. You’ll be either Druid or Soulbeast. You can of course switch it out whenever out of combat just like any other trait line.

Posted by: Feridh.7609

Feridh.7609

I think I read somewhere that out of the three traitline slots available, the bottom one will be used for your elite spec – one at a time. So I don’t think you’ll be able to have both elite specs active at the same time

Purgatori.3645

I wonder how many other players have a ridiculous amount of excess hero points … I am so hoping that they have a use in POF

Thanks everyone for clearing up the Druid/Soulbeast question I had.

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

Excelsior.

As one of the hyper casuals here (→ “Has Anet Remembered the Casuals?”) I am glad they have this surplus. I could unlock my Daredevil by doing certain hero points (mostly exploring) while I had to ditch group content ones (since I am 100% solo). If aNet introduced a way both playerbases can access hero points this way without other intentions behind, then I have to give them some props. If people that don’t have a dislike for the average gamer like I do and thus access to group content, you basically took both paths of obtaining hero points and of course have more than I will ever have.

So I hope there is no further use. Not to nullify your work, but that would mean I’d have to do tasks I don’t wanna do, and kill GW2’s casual friendly gameplay – one of the advertised core features after all.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”