3k hours| 575+days | 850g+ No precursor

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I have 6k+ hours, played since beta and didn’t get any precursor ever. (except the ones I bought)
OP, if you really think there is any kind of fairness or rewarding your “hard work”, you didn’t get into this game’s phylosophy yet. Proof on this? A person I know got his precursor after barely 300 hours of gameplay. Dropped randomly in WvW while finishing map. He gets so many good loots that he has already crafted a full ascended armor, 2 legendaries and goes full runes of strenght. He almost gets 1 weapon chest each Tequatl he runs. Some accounts seem to have stole hundreds of others’ RNG-luck, seriously.

300 hours of gameplay? I remember that time when TRIAL accounts (some less than 1 hour old) got precursors in the Ancient Karka event chest. It was soooooooo funny

Posted by: Sebastian.4610

Sebastian.4610

2400 hours, just got The Hunter a couple days ago. First precursor drop.

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

One warhorn drop and bought Dusk for 800g Zap on MF first try one day.

Posted by: Curse Drew.8679

Curse Drew.8679

One of those thread again … oh well, I’ll bite anyway.
~2800 hours, played since betas, saved gold enough to buy my precursor, no drops so far.

Well, in all fairness, the reason that these keep popping up is that they aren’t addressed. They are ignored, and then a new one comes up because people still seek an answer to the problem.

Well here is your answer.

When you gamble you are not guaranteed to receive a prize. Some people are luckier then others. 1% of players can gamble and get on the 1st try, others can spend thousands and not get a precursor.

Is it fair? No!

In the end, you made the choice to gamble. It’s your fault you waisted your gold gambling instead of taking the guaranteed method of purchasing it.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

i play like since 2 weeks after official game release, far over 4000 hours and also have yet got no single precursor dropped.

The drop chance for them is just way too low.
If Magic Find for example would have a small influence on the loot table to leet you get when you get an exotic drop rather a precursor over a generic 0815 exotic, then at leat we would have a way to positively affect our chances to get a precursor somehow by boostign our magic finds as high as possible and farm then the hell out of champs .

However, the better way would be, if ANet would just finally introduce game mechanics, like Precursor Scavenger Hunts, or Elite Achievements that reward you with Precursors if you can do them (collections would have been that big chance to do so) or just give us finally precursor crafting, so that somehow the supply of precursors can raise, what will automatically also lower the prices for precursors and legendaries (at least the old ones) together with finally addign also some new legendary weapons (what would alos lower the prices for the old ones, because the new ones would become quickly the most desired weapons then and replace the old legendaries surely from their insane top of havign the highest price, just because they are new)

Anet could turn some of the existing exotic special weapons into precursors (why make new ones, when you can turn existing exotics into precursors)

I hope something along the lines of this comes introduced finally into the game with the next Feature Pack… considerign that this stuff got announced for beign implemented basically 2013 and we are now in the last querter already of 2014 and still no precursor craftign/scavenger hutns/new legendaries … and not even a mention about it, if we even can stil lexpect this stuff to get implemented at all, or if those features have been already completely put on ice forever in favor of working on something completely different…, not to mention that there exist alot of other thigns still ,which should have been i nthe game from begin on, like Polymok and Bar Brawls ect. where we are left in the dark by Anet also already sicne 2 years …

I’ll keep bringing these things up, until they are finally in the game or we finally get official to hesar, what anets plans are with these features and that game content in general.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

Just throwing this out there…..what classes are people playing that they have the best luck in ingame precursor drops? I’m kinda wondering if higher DPS classes are getting more loot drops. I play my thief mostly, while I can tag mobs solo for a drop easy enough, others playing say Warrior get better drops and more of it. I wonder if over all damage done has anything to do with with the dice roll.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Just throwing this out there…..what classes are people playing that they have the best luck in ingame precursor drops? I’m kinda wondering if higher DPS classes are getting more loot drops. I play my thief mostly, while I can tag mobs solo for a drop easy enough, others playing say Warrior get better drops and more of it. I wonder if over all damage done has anything to do with with the dice roll.

I play full zerk thief/war mostly. The best loot drops Ive seen come from 2 friends… both had Sentinels gear on.

In events in parties for champ tags, again in full zerk another friend in soldiers auto attacking with staff got more/better loot than me (I get white/green champ bags, they get rare/exotic).

Ive seen it happen that ways 100’s of times. I honestly feel more damage players are getting shafted at times.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Nearly 8,000 Hours and still no pre-cursor drop. I’m not complaining though, still love this game!

Attachments:

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

1. Use staff guardian or a warrior.
2. Spam 1
3. Collect 10 times as much loot as most other classes.
4. trade in loot, buy precursor

Other classes, tough luck.

The whole precursor thing is just bad game design. There should be a clear path to achieving your legendary weapon that does NOT involve rng or farming for 5000 hours to raise the gold to buy one (if grinding is your thing- try raising money in real wvw as a non- guard or warr…).

I fell out of love with the game when nothing new was done to wvw for two years, and the only reason to log in became doing the dailies to get laurels for ascended piece once a month or so.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: jackaljag.8637

jackaljag.8637

Incidental but I got Leaf of Kudzu from Risen Priest of Grenth on my warrior (zerk, but I think I was longbowing that dude like a pro so DPS wasn’t that great) and Spark from Colocal Queen on my engie (grenade spam, fairly decent damage but in the big zerg that was DT I’m not sure it counted). I usually chalk up my luck to the fact I kill most everything I walk past rather than how much damage I dish out though, so I’m pretty much constantly rolling those darn dice.

Joran Blackgear – Engineer – EU | Juras Blackpowder – Engineer – NA

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

You could just buy gems and convert them to gold and buy a precursor the way anet intended O.o

Anywho, 2630 hours with atleast 3/5 being pve and no precursor. Best loot I found was worth ~15g and that was once over 10 months ago.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

3000 hours, 575 days played, 850g in gambled rares/exotics, no precursor.

So in all seriousness: Is there an estimated timeline for the precursor scavenger hunt? We were told it would be here by end of 2013, it is almost a full year later (over a year after the announcement) and full silence from Anet. Can we get an update on this? Or if it is even on the radar anymore? The prices of pres has gone through the roof, and I after everytime that I gamble away more than 300g in the forge with nothing I contemplate quitting because I’m so upset (I do log out for the night). I’m a loyal customer, but this seems a bit ridiculous.

Not a big deal to me. I have as many hours as you and no precursor either. So what?

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

I have no precursor either, but not a big deal. Not sure why Anet doesn’t just doesn’t add two legendary a year, then provide on your account birthday the precursor of your choice. You would still have to take the time and mats to craft it into your legendary. Everyone wins.

Posted by: Lucente.5071

Lucente.5071

So in all seriousness: Is there an estimated timeline for the precursor scavenger hunt? We were told it would be here by end of 2013, it is almost a full year later (over a year after the announcement) and full silence from Anet. Can we get an update on this? Or if it is even on the radar anymore? The prices of pres has gone through the roof, and I after everytime that I gamble away more than 300g in the forge with nothing I contemplate quitting because I’m so upset (I do log out for the night). I’m a loyal customer, but this seems a bit ridiculous.

Lol i should have known this was you Captain Salty! At the end of the day guys its random, although different types of content are more likely to give you one. For example, if all you do is run dungeons all day, there is such a small chance you will get one as the type of loot you receive and #mobs killed is much lower than if your a hardcore WvW Zerg Buster like myself. To anyone that wants one that badly, your best bet is WvW. Most of my precursor drops have been from players in wvw and most of the precursors my friends and guild have received are also from WvW.

Corrupted Moneybagz – Thief / Moneyz – Warrior
[vT] Violent Tendencies

Posted by: Cinnamon Goddess.3869

Cinnamon Goddess.3869

I find it extremely disappointing that most people don’t understand the real problem. A-net does not reward its players!

A legendary should have been a reward to the storyline. Plus legendarys should NOT need to be bought but should be statistically more achievable the more hours played and not received. I should not have to farm (GRIND!!) and save all my money to buy a precursor. I should not have to dedicate all of my efforts to one item. The percentages built into this game are insulting and idiotic. Play almost any other game and you might just realize that you are rewarded better and feel more fulfilled in your progress. (Ex. Warframe, Destiny, etc…) This game seems dead now and I would bet it has everything to do with broken and unfulfilled promises along with extremely unrewarding game play.

DO NOT recommend that someone grind for hundreds of hours to accomplish something instead demand that Anet fix their mistakes!

At this point it probably requires firing some people. It has to be a mentally toxic culture of game philosophy and mechanics.

Posted by: Garrisyl.7402

Garrisyl.7402

Lol i should have known this was you Captain Salty! At the end of the day guys its random, although different types of content are more likely to give you one. For example, if all you do is run dungeons all day, there is such a small chance you will get one as the type of loot you receive and #mobs killed is much lower than if your a hardcore WvW Zerg Buster like myself. To anyone that wants one that badly, your best bet is WvW. Most of my precursor drops have been from players in wvw and most of the precursors my friends and guild have received are also from WvW.

Well, I have 30k+ wvw kills and several of my friends got ultimate dominator a year ago. None of us have ever gotten a precursor. The fact that you got several is not due to better drop chances in WvW, it’s because you are lucky. And since you mainly play WvW, I would assume that most of your friends do too. So it’s no wonder that if some of them were to get a precursor, chances are high that it would be from WvW. Just like a bunch of PvE players are more likely to get their from PvE.

No matter what mode you are playing, it’s down to luck. It’s easy for those who have dropped precursors to be smug about it. They don’t know the frustration that comes along with having invested 3k+ hours into this game without ever dropping one. And to those saying no one should feel “entitled” to a precursor: You know what? After 3000 hours, i kinda do feel i deserve one.

I’ve crafted two legendaries and am almost done with the 3rd, but that doesn’t make me any less of a sad panda about the unfair mess that is precursor drops.

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

Hey now, I wouldn’t be a guardian if I wasn’t salty all the time. Guards fuel their inner power on their own salty tears. Isn’t that right Mr. “Mains War now”. ;-) But in all seriousness, you know that I used to be in WvW all the time as well. You’ve hit more time there, but I’ve spent at least a third of my play time in WvW. I play all game modes equally.

To everyone else, please read my other posts, I have indeed farmed my way to a precursor from the TP, and subsequently a legendary already. I’m just critcizing the fact that that is the only guaranteed way to get a legendary. And the luck tables seem far too skewed to some accounts in my opinion…

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Posted by: Lucente.5071

Lucente.5071

Well, I have 30k+ wvw kills and several of my friends got ultimate dominator a year ago. None of us have ever gotten a precursor. The fact that you got several is not due to better drop chances in WvW, it’s because you are lucky. And since you mainly play WvW, I would assume that most of your friends do too. So it’s no wonder that if some of them were to get a precursor, chances are high that it would be from WvW. Just like a bunch of PvE players are more likely to get their from PvE.

No matter what mode you are playing, it’s down to luck. It’s easy for those who have dropped precursors to be smug about it. They don’t know the frustration that comes along with having invested 3k+ hours into this game without ever dropping one. And to those saying no one should feel “entitled” to a precursor: You know what? After 3000 hours, i kinda do feel i deserve one.

I’ve crafted two legendaries and am almost done with the 3rd, but that doesn’t make me any less of a sad panda about the unfair mess that is precursor drops.

Its not about WvW having a better drop rate than any PVE game mode, its the fact that you are rolling the loot table more times because of the number of players that you are killing VS The small number of Mobs that are actually killed in a dungeon run. Take AC for example, the number of mobs actually killed in an AC run is very very low. Now granted there are other things to PvE besides dungeons. I completely agree its down to luck, I even said that in my original post. The simple fact of the matter is the more you roll the loot table the more chances you have to get one and WvW is one of the best ways to roll the loot table in my opinion.

Corrupted Moneybagz – Thief / Moneyz – Warrior
[vT] Violent Tendencies

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Nobody is entitled to a legendary weapon. It doesn’t matter how many hours they’ve put in.

Playing GW2 with the goal of getting a legendary weapon seems like the wrong idea. You’ve got to enjoy the game, first and foremost, and then there’s no regret if the time put into the game hasn’t resulted in a virtual reward.

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

Keep up the faith, brothers!

I got my first drop, a Tooth of Frostfang from the Meddler’s Summit Giant in Cursed Shore. Was at about 4k hours of total gametime.

Praise RNGesus!

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Halcyon.7352

Halcyon.7352

1. Use staff guardian or a warrior.
2. Spam 1
3. Collect 10 times as much loot as most other classes.
4. trade in loot, buy precursor

Other classes, tough luck.

The whole precursor thing is just bad game design. There should be a clear path to achieving your legendary weapon that does NOT involve rng or farming for 5000 hours to raise the gold to buy one (if grinding is your thing- try raising money in real wvw as a non- guard or warr…).

I fell out of love with the game when nothing new was done to wvw for two years, and the only reason to log in became doing the dailies to get laurels for ascended piece once a month or so.

Warriors are actually fairly mediocre at quick tagging farm events. Engineers do far better with their loot vacuum, bombs and grenades.

It does depend on the farm in question event though – but in cases where mobs spawn close and need to be hit quickly, the loot vacuum even outperforms the guardian lootstick.

Tarnished Coast Engineer and… general alt-o-holic.

For the toast!

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

…..Which kinda defeats the whole meaning of Legendary Weapons.
…….
Don’t waste all your Gold away on Stuff everybody has if you want a Legendary. BE Legendary!

While I agree that getting the BEST weapons in the game should not be guaranteed or easy, if you are going to nit-pick the term “Legendary” like that, consider that VERY few players consider the available methods to get one very “Legendary”…..at all….

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Yenrah.8532

Yenrah.8532

~15 months of playing without a single precursor drop. I made my first legendary because I thought it was pretty (twilight) than another because I didn’t know what else to do with all this money (incinerator) and than third because amounts of money became simply insane (sunrise, and this one’s REALLY ugly) and I could still afford making a fourth one. Than Mystic Forge decided I’ve waited long enough and spitted Storm at me. Smothered by the potential money this would throw at me, I gave it away to first person on LA chat to say they’re working on Meteorlogicus.
(And I am not farming, ever. Games are so I can have fun not work.)

Posted by: Valandil Dragonhart.2371

Valandil Dragonhart.2371

While I agree that getting the BEST weapons in the game should not be guaranteed or easy, if you are going to nit-pick the term “Legendary” like that, consider that VERY few players consider the available methods to get one very “Legendary”…..at all….

I just wonder how many people can put themselves in the same boat as me. It took over 596 days and thousands of hours play time before Big Z finally gave in and dropped The Legend for me. Now I’ll not feel smug in any way about how lucky I was with that particular drop; I’ve seen both sides of the coin — the ones whose RNG is crap and those who have actually gotten a pre at sometime through some method that doesn’t involve a gold transaction (including gem-→gold swapping). However…

I just can’t see how getting a precursor is IN ANY WAY legendary, by buying it.

On top of getting the rares and exotics to throw in the forge (toilet) I spent 100g on the Icy Runestones and 10g each on the required recipes (120g total). The rest I acquired through normal gameplay. Nothing more in the crafting of my legendary was spent on the trading post. There’s but a handful of people in the game who can claim that as well.

The old-school Arrow-Key warrior.
“Obtaining a legendary should be done through legendary feats…
Not luck and credit cards.”

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

I just wonder how many people can put themselves in the same boat as me. It took over 596 days and thousands of hours play time before Big Z finally gave in and dropped The Legend for me. Now I’ll not feel smug in any way about how lucky I was with that particular drop; I’ve seen both sides of the coin — the ones whose RNG is crap and those who have actually gotten a pre at sometime through some method that doesn’t involve a gold transaction (including gem-->gold swapping). However…

I just can’t see how getting a precursor is IN ANY WAY legendary, by buying it.

On top of getting the rares and exotics to throw in the forge (toilet) I spent 100g on the Icy Runestones and 10g each on the required recipes (120g total). The rest I acquired through normal gameplay. Nothing more in the crafting of my legendary was spent on the trading post. There’s but a handful of people in the game who can claim that as well.

I’m with you on that Valandil. I was finally lucky to get The Lover out of the MF with some random level 80 rares, I think a little over a month ago. I refuse to purchase needed materials from the TP. I have almost everything now – probably be another couple of weeks for those pesky T6 mats.

I bought one precursor long ago and made Sunrise and sold it, since I don’t even like it. I will sell The Dreamer too, since I don’t like it either. However, I will enjoy the 3000g or so I’m going to make on it BUT I promised myself after Sunrise that I would never make another player rich for being lucky, so will never buy another precursor, ever.

Honestly, just play the game. Legendary isn’t legendary. It’s just a silly skin. There are much better skins in the game.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)