3yrs halloween achieve BITTER disappointment

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: imprezaSTi.7326

imprezaSTi.7326

It took me 3 years to finally beat the Mad King’s Clocktower jump puzzle, on the 24th, but I was not awarded the achievement: Mad King’s Clocktower.

I am BITTERLY disappointed. This was the one achievement that meant the most to me, and has taken me the longest to get, and to improve my skills over 3 YEARS. I did post about this weeks ahead of time, so that any necessary code could be checked, to make sure this achievement was attainable, as it was NOT retired.

I was so ready to try for this achievement, built myself up so much, it was SO important to me, I finally managed to beat the Clocktower, and I get no achievement and no achievement points. This has seriously disappointed me, enough to reconsider staying wasting my time on this game.

The last thing I can ask, is that the code for this achievement is checked NOW, and award the achievement to me and anyone else that qualifies (that beat the Clocktower for the first time this year). I know many of you may not care, but I DO care, this was more important to me than you can know (unless you are ion the same position). A lot of you set yourself various goals in this game, this was my goal, to finally beat that Clocktower, now I did it, PLEASE let me have the achievement and the achievement points. Please support me, and any others that beat the Clocktower this year.

Posted by: Browrain.7346

Browrain.7346

It took you 3 years to beat the mad king jump puzzle? I can’t imagine how long some of the harder PvE jump puzzles must have taken you..

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Is this for real?

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

Yeah, if you didn’t beat it in 2012, you missed the achievement.

The clock tower counts as a Halloween daily this year.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

No one cares about your titles, man. Not one single person. What matters is you finished the JP, something I’ve never been able to do.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

You did it. Maybe the game didn’t ding for you but you did personally achieve what you set out for yourself. Maybe it’s possible to be happy about that if the game acknowledging you did it is impossible.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

It took you 3 years to beat the mad king jump puzzle? I can’t imagine how long some of the harder PvE jump puzzles must have taken you..

Ive done all the PVE jumping puzzles, most pretty quickly but i cant do the clock tower, so that doesnt mean much.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

That sad the title can’t be earn, Took a few tries to figure out but now that I can do it, pretty decently, I am sad there no title to earn, myself.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Some of us still haven’t beaten it.

JPs just aren’t our cup of tea. Though I’m told we’re highly amusing to watch fail repeatedly.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I’ve never beaten it, but I don’t care for content that has a built-in timer or equivalent. If I’m going to do JPs, I want to do it at my own pace, which might be a tad slower than that of other players.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Chuck.8196

Chuck.8196

There is no Achievement for the Clocktower. Check your achievement page. In 2012 there was an achievement. but thats history. So unless you can travel through time…

a·chieve·ment – a thing done successfully, typically by effort, courage, or skill
re·ward – a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement
en·ti·tle·ment – the belief one is inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment

Posted by: TJgalon.5012

TJgalon.5012

There is no Achievement for the Clocktower. Check your achievement page. In 2012 there was an achievement. but thats history. So unless you can travel through time…

But I do not want to take the easy route.

Posted by: Stealthreaver.9216

Stealthreaver.9216

Sorry you didn’t get the title. Congrats on beating the clock. That jump into nothing confused me for a while.

I did the tower for this for the first time and got a nice chest piece as a reward. Didn’t know about the title even.

I have trouble finding the jumping puzzles, but I love them!

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Some of us still haven’t beaten it.

JPs just aren’t our cup of tea. Though I’m told we’re highly amusing to watch fail repeatedly.

I still haven’t beaten it….I try every year (didn’t try yet this year). The other jumping puzzles in the game are easy. The timed nature of Mad King’s Clocktower is what gets me.

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

The most annoying part of the tower in my opinion is that once you fail you have to sit there and wait to retry instead of immediately going at it again. Drives me nuts.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

The most annoying part of the tower in my opinion is that once you fail you have to sit there and wait to retry instead of immediately going at it again. Drives me nuts.

But only if you fail early. When you are last to fail you jump right back in pretty quick

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Miserymachine.7512

Miserymachine.7512

But only if you fail early. When you are last to fail you jump right back in pretty quick

Spoiler alert: I fail early.

Posted by: Zypher.7609

Zypher.7609

When I click on festivals and Halloween there is not an achievement for jumping puzzle. And yet you still spent that long to finish it, knowing that there is not an achievement. Then you come on the forums and whine about not getting an achievement. Common sense just does not seem that common anymore. What did you expect that you would be entitled to the achievement because it was available 2 years ago?

It is awesome you beat the tower, I still can not do it. But even if I did complete it I would not come on the forums begging for the achievement that was available long ago.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Spoiler alert: I fail early.

Ah, you need to try it with me. I am worserer than you is.

Posted by: Lagg.3960

Lagg.3960

Took me 7 hours of trying back in 2012 before I made it. I have to admit it does remain one of my proudest accomplishments in this game, and I’m pretty bad with jumping puzzles in general. Succeeding gave me a feeling similar to beating Ornstein and Smough in Dark Souls.

My condolences, OP.

Hey, I just bash you, and this is frenzy,
But here’s my Wammo, so heal me maybe?

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: What did you expect that you would be entitled to the achievement because it was available 2 years ago? – Yes, actually. If the JP is available, why should the title not be available? How is someone completing it now, less valid than completing it when it was first out? I’m asking this, and I don’t even do jumping puzzles. Why should achievements no longer exist for content that still does? Why should you have to go and check your achievement screen to make sure an achievement still exists, each time before you attempt it?

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

re: What did you expect that you would be entitled to the achievement because it was available 2 years ago? – Yes, actually. If the JP is available, why should the title not be available? How is someone completing it now, less valid than completing it when it was first out? I’m asking this, and I don’t even do jumping puzzles. Why should achievements no longer exist for content that still does? Why should you have to go and check your achievement screen to make sure an achievement still exists, each time before you attempt it?

I think there is some misinformation here. There was no title for completing the clocktower originally, nor ever. You simply got an achievement for it. The Emissary of the Mad King title was from the entire Halloween event. You had to get 5 achievements I believe to get the title. You could get the title without ever having to complete the clocktower.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

Sorry, I used the word “title” instead of “achievement” in one place. But the point still stands. Why remove achievements for content that still exists?