4 MILLION worth of Luck, what to do?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Stenlys.1387

Stenlys.1387

I guess this topic was raised several times, but there’s should be a solution for people who reached 300% MF cap. I have 20k Exotic Essence of Luck (4 million worth of luck points) sitting in my inventory. That would almost get me to another 300% MF. And I got all of this only by trying to get Mini Gwynefyrrd which I finally got.

Any thoughts on what should be done? And if ANET is aware of that? Since more and more people reaching cap..

Attachments:

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Uninstall.

I mean… make hundreds of Mawdreys?

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Stenlys.1387

Uninstall.

I mean… make hundreds of Mawdreys?

If Mawdrey’s would be tradable thats one of the good ideas

Posted by: alwinp.2791

alwinp.2791

/age stats please.

seriously tho. the people capping out is probably just a small fraction compared to all players who play this game.

I don’t expect anet to raise it anytime soon, it could possibly influence rare market values to much.

Then again, I have no clue what 300% mf really feels like. do you get much exotics now?

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

What to do?

Delete. Delete. Delete. Delete…….

Enjoy having inventory space again.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Stenlys.1387

/age stats please.

seriously tho. the people capping out is probably just a small fraction compared to all players who play this game.

I don’t expect anet to raise it anytime soon, it could possibly influence rare market values to much.

Then again, I have no clue what 300% mf really feels like. do you get much exotics now?

You can look at finishers I got out from this, so its not fake I can asure you that
I’m not expecting cap to be raised, there should be any other methods to deal with this, to make it work as some kind of currency, or just stop dropping EoL after the cap

Attachments:

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Them laurels, sheesh.

Why not convert them to T6 mats and make some money?

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Stenlys.1387

Them laurels, sheesh.

I don’t have money problems at the moment, so I’ll just keep those for HoT, theres might be good new stuff in laurels shop after that)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Them laurels, sheesh.

I don’t have money problems at the moment, so I’ll just keep those for HoT, theres might be good new stuff in laurels shop after that)

Good point.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

keep 5 stacks and delete the rest. exotic luck is fairly rare and i can’t see anet making you even having to use a stack for a mystic forge recipe.

seriously. delete it. there is zero point in keeping all that.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

alwinp.2791

i guess i must be afk a lot because i have about 1600 hours logged onto my account and i’m not even close to 200% mf.

Thats verry impressive I have to say

Stenlys.1387

keep 5 stacks and delete the rest. exotic luck is fairly rare and i can’t see anet making you even having to use a stack for a mystic forge recipe.

Because of the reason it is rare, I dont want to delete all of those they will have to do something eventually cause more and more people will have this problem in the future. in my opinion it is better to hold on to it. Since it only affects 1 characters inventory, not a big deal

Stenlys.1387

i guess i must be afk a lot because i have about 1600 hours logged onto my account and i’m not even close to 200% mf.

This is not about time, it is about the money. If you can afford loads of ToT bags, you can reach cap quickly enough. 200-300 took me 1 week with a lot of money. It took me about 300k ToT bags until I got my Mini Gwynefyrrd

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Give me some of that luck…my goodness

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Stenlys.1387

Give me some of that luck…my goodness

I wish I could

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

congratulations, you’re what is known as an “outlier”. An anomaly among the usual. Your reward is the trouble you are currently facing.

Best solution: delete them. By the time Anet comes up with a solution that requires them, you’ll undoubtedly have rebuilt your stock.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

With that much luck you must have at least as much gold, expand your bank/inventory slots and put them in there? I fail to see what the big deal is. Either keep storing it or throw it away.

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Can I haz your stuff?

Stenlys.1387

With that much luck you must have at least as much gold, expand your bank/inventory slots and put them in there? I fail to see what the big deal is. Either keep storing it or throw it away.

It’s more about what should be done by ANet, than what I should do with it. Post’s like this shows slowly emerging problem, so ANet has time to decide what to do with it in the future Probably the Topic headline was wrong.

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

It is really not surprising that some people will have an excess of luck considering you can buy it in a variety of ways (from buying blues/greens on tp, to salvaging ectos to buying containers that can drop them). After hitting the cap the luck income remains (even if through daily), but the sink disappears.

Only reasonable solution I have that would get rid of excess luck without breaking too many things is making it tradable. As you can already indirectly buy it (see above), this solution should not break anything.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

^^: While it would be nice to have something to do with them, for now either continue to save them or just trash em.

How many people are reaching the cap vs amount of players?

It’s a safe bet you are a long time GW2 player; the finisher screen shot and amount of laurels, along with your AP score, which has got to be over 15.5k (18k as the last visable chest), and of the birthday blaster. xD

Stenlys.1387

I am not expecting solution right now, but it would be nice to capture ANet’s attention with this post)

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

ha, over 30k of both finishers. Youre next in game goal should be to use those up! You’d think they would just give you an infinite finisher when you hit a certain point (not that it really matters at 30k )

did you get any other shiny stuff from the ToT bags? (besides the luck, finishers and your goal ofc)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Stenlys.1387

ha, over 30k of both finishers. Youre next in game goal should be to use those up! You’d think they would just give you an infinite finisher when you hit a certain point (not that it really matters at 30k )

did you get any other shiny stuff from the ToT bags? (besides the luck, finishers and your goal ofc)

If you are lucky you can get valuable stuff too, but it is a lotery. Poly-luminescent Refractors are one of the lucky drops

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I think, again, that OP is an outlier, but it does illustrate a problem in game. Some people simply collect too much of a given item through their daily activities, and Anet provides no outlet for those items other than to delete them. This destroys the value of the effort put in to obtain those items.

Though I think that something as simple as a mystic forge recipe might not solve the OP’s predicament. He’s got so many Essence of Luck, he’d wind up with stacks of the best that a mystic forge recipe could offer, even with RNG involved.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

they will need to address it one day … i have 4K + hours and about 225% MF …

4 days on 28 you get luck as a daily login reward .. every time I think it’s a waste a nice reward.

imagine when you are already at 300% and you get more luck … you waste 4 days on 28.

we need a Dragonite eater and of course a Luck eater

Stenlys.1387

I think, again, that OP is an outlier, but it does illustrate a problem in game. Some people simply collect too much of a given item through their daily activities, and Anet provides no outlet for those items other than to delete them. This destroys the value of the effort put in to obtain those items.

Though I think that something as simple as a mystic forge recipe might not solve the OP’s predicament. He’s got so many Essence of Luck, he’d wind up with stacks of the best that a mystic forge recipe could offer, even with RNG involved.

My effort was to get mini pet, not to collect EoL, but since the range of Mini Gwynefyrrd is 0.0005% ~200k ToT bags (it took me over 300k) I got more EoL than I needed. I think all of the hardcore mini pet collectors experienced that

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

Solution:

• Recipe in artificing for Legendary EoL: 3 exotic EoL (yes, i know you lose 100 this way, thats the cost of making it).
  • New Mystic Forge recipe: 250 Legendary EoL + 3 of the following:
    - 250 Bloodstone Dust
    - 250 Empyreal Fragments
    - 250 Dragonite Ore
    - 250 Elder Wood Logs
    - 250 Mithril Ore
    - 250 Thick Leather Sections
    - 250 Silk Scraps (just for consistency, no one would really use it right?)
    - 250 Watchwork Sprockets
    - 250 Quartz Crystals
    - 250 Candy Corn
    - 250 Tiny Snowflakes
    - 250 Obsidian Shards
    - more can be added later
    This will give 200 gems to the account.

Now before anyone says that is crazy, just think. How much gold/time would it take to get 3 stacks of exotic EoL? That much gold could easily be traded for 200 gems (the gold anyway)

There could also be some kind of luck weapon build from a stack of EoL and some other stuff (maybe it will be shiny or something)

EDIT: added Obsidian Shards as a karma sink

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

(edited by Gobble D Goop.4081)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t see why ANet needs to address this any time soon. The vast majority of players are no where close to maximizing this. I salvage a ton of stuff (for experimentation, as well as dealing with loot) and I don’t expect to hit the limit.

I’d prefer they do something for those trying to get Gwynfyrrd rather than those with “too much” luck.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I can’t deny to say, that i’m kind a bit of jealous seeing this, but somehow do make me pictures like this always think:

How the hell is that possible?? Especially with such a friggin low play time on the account.
2100+ hours for auch a HUGE amount of luck (just to reach first the cap) plus those spare extra just 4 million – just 4 million only do take ages to get so much, unless there is some kind of trick to incredibly speed up the luck gain, like maybe some kind of yet unknown item dupe exploit ….

I can’t believe, that all this luck should come just only from trying to get Gwynefyrrd by using ToT bags and that stuff from Halloween.
Or did you help yourself out here by using real money to buy gold to buy with all the gold tons of bags from the TP???

I don’t Know, I personalyl find these kinds of threads always more suspicious and fishy, than fun to see. Gives me always the feeling, that there must be really something incredibly running wrong with this game …

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Stenlys.1387

I can’t deny to say, that i’m kind a bit of jealous seeing this, but somehow do make me pictures like this always think:

How the hell is that possible?? Especially with such a friggin low play time on the account.
2100+ hours for auch a HUGE amount of luck (just to reach first the cap) plus those spare extra just 4 million – just 4 million only do take ages to get so much, unless there is some kind of trick to incredibly speed up the luck gain, like maybe some kind of yet unknown item dupe exploit ….

I can’t believe, that all this luck should come just only from trying to get Gwynefyrrd by using ToT bags and that stuff from Halloween.
Or did you help yourself out here by using real money to buy gold to buy with all the gold tons of bags from the TP???

I don’t Know, I personalyl find these kinds of threads always more suspicious and fishy, than fun to see. Gives me always the feeling, that there must be really something incredibly running wrong with this game …

Buy stack of ToT bags, open them and check how many Luck you will get then duplicate everything from chances to get Mini Gwynefyrrd (which you can see in the picture ). You dont have to spent tens of thousands of gold for this, u get some money back from bags And no, i’ve never spent real money for any in game currency. Earned all the money playing the market in the early days, buying loads of skins cheap, that now are worth thousands. I see no reason for me to make that up, just sharing that it is very posible and people will start to have this problem in the future. If you want a proof of screenshot with you in it, you are welcome to whisper me

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Because of the reason it is rare, I dont want to delete all of those they will have to do something eventually cause more and more people will have this problem in the future. in my opinion it is better to hold on to it. Since it only affects 1 characters inventory, not a big deal

Hoard the luck that is useless to your character. Cool.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Stenlys.1387

Hoard the luck that is useless to your character. Cool.

It definetely wont be useless someday

alwinp.2791

how much gold did you spend before you had your mini?
and how much luck did you had when you started buying these bags?

Just curious to see the luck/gold ratio on these bags to be honest.

Stenlys.1387

how much gold did you spend before you had your mini?
and how much luck did you had when you started buying these bags?

Just curious to see the luck/gold ratio on these bags to be honest.

I don’t now exact numbers, because I was doing this long time ago and quit. And about two weeks ago I started again with ~200 MF probably. I wouldn’t say I’ve spent a lot. Couple of hundreds maybe since I got lucky and got profitable loot from bags as well. It is lottery, you can even get profit by the end you reach 300

Posted by: Malevil.2104

Malevil.2104

Game rules and caps should not bend to those who push it into the extreme.

Stenlys.1387

Getting mini pet should not be the extreme

Malevil.2104

You are not entitled to get everything you want. You knew chance is small and where is the problem ? You didn’t wanted that luck and so you can destroy it .

Stenlys.1387

You are not entitled to get everything you want. You knew chance is small and where is the problem ? You didn’t wanted that luck and so you can destroy it .

I am not complaining, just pointing out the problem that will occur in the future more and more. I know couple of people already that has EoL piling up. So it is better sooner than later to point that out.

Malevil.2104

I am not complaining, just pointing out the problem that will occur in the future more and more. I know couple of people already that has EoL piling up. So it is better sooner than later to point that out.

It is not problem for anyone who doesn’t go intentionally for the cap.

Stenlys.1387

As of this situation, it was not intentional :p

Malevil.2104

And ? Just because YOU , in ultrarare case, unintentionaly reached cap of some stat, it is problem and cap should be moved ?

Dante.1763

And ? Just because YOU , in ultrarare case, unintentionaly reached cap of some stat, it is problem and cap should be moved ?

Hes not asking for it to be removed, hes asking for something to do with all the extra luck. Doesnt seem like such a bad thing to me and i only have 155% MF….

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Stenlys.1387

Where you see me saying anything about changing cap? Thats a wrong way to go about it. I am just asking for people opinions on what should be done in the future. Same problem that once Bloodstone Dust and Empyrial Fragments had (they kind of still do). But something similar like EoL eating gizmo would be nice.

Malevil.2104

Where you see me saying anything about changing cap? Thats a wrong way to go about it. I am just asking for people opinions on what should be done in the future. Same problem that once Bloodstone Dust and Empyrial Fragments had (they kind of still do). But something similar like EoL eating gizmo would be nice.

Bloodstone dust and company is something completely different because it is common material with limited use, and for the record, I destroy all I don’t need. Luck essences have way more use for non-extreme player. This so called problem with luck essences is simply artificial.

Dante.1763

Bloodstone dust and company is something completely different because it is common material with limited use, and for the record, I destroy all I don’t need. Luck essences have way more use for non-extreme player. This so called problem with luck essences is simply artificial.

For now. In a year or two however, i wonder how many people will have maxed out luck then.

Stenlys.1387

It will be problem someday and I see nothing wrong with pointing that out. Nobody’s asking for imediate action to fix this problem. Just looking for opinions on that.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

This is not about time, it is about the money. If you can afford loads of ToT bags, you can reach cap quickly enough. 200-300 took me 1 week with a lot of money. It took me about 300k ToT bags until I got my Mini Gwynefyrrd

Eh this makes me feel better about my abysmal luck on drops everywhere else in the game since I got 2 Mini Gwyns in 15k bags.

Stenlys.1387

Eh this makes me feel better about my abysmal luck on drops everywhere else in the game since I got 2 Mini Gwyns in 15k bags.

Sweet, considering RNG average should be 200k bags

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

Why would they need to do anything?
Congrats you did it!
1. They’re not going to raise magic cap to something absurd like 1000% for economy sake.
2. They wouldn’t make an achievement: ‘get to 100’, and when you get to 100 the max changes to 101, ‘get to 101’, changes to 102, etc. That’s dumb.

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!