4 dragons to go..

4 dragons to go..

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Burtnik.5218

Burtnik.5218

And people already talking about gw3.. is gw2 a success or total failure?

Salt, salt, moar salt. So salty like fries from McDonald!
Playing Smite since mid s2, f broken gw2.

4 dragons to go..

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Ah yes, people talking about hypothetical things. The true metric for a game’s success.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

4 dragons to go..

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

So another 12 years and we will see them all…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

4 dragons to go..

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

People started talking about GW2 after the success of the original GW1 release and then after each successful new campaign and after its single (successful) expansion. People started talking about GW3 within months after GW2 launched.

The thing is: people start talking about additional sequels if they loved and if they hated (parts of) the most recent release.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

4 dragons to go..

Posted by: Manu.6078

Manu.6078

I ’m afraid the last four dragons would die of boredom or “long term goals”.

4 dragons to go..

Posted by: Phy.2913

Phy.2913

There aren’t many reason for an MMO to ever have a sequel. The water dragon we may never see though, or it’ll be very last given anet’s reservations about water based content.

4 dragons to go..

Posted by: clarkcd.6532

clarkcd.6532

Spoiler much in the title?

4 dragons to go..

Posted by: Redfeather.6401

Redfeather.6401

Honestly the dragons aren’t an immediate threat. How come LA doesn’t put security guards around the mystic forge. Because the lionguard are a tragic comedy waiting to happen.

4 dragons to go..

Posted by: Leohart.4610

Leohart.4610

Hey, I’m from the future.
We take down all the dragons

4 dragons to go..

Posted by: The Greyhawk.9107

The Greyhawk.9107

Ah yes, people talking about hypothetical things. The true metric for a game’s success.

People started talking about GW2 after the success of the original GW1 release and then after each successful new campaign and after its single (successful) expansion. People started talking about GW3 within months after GW2 launched.

The thing is: people start talking about additional sequels if they loved and if they hated (parts of) the most recent release.

Hell, people started bringing up a supposed GW3 before GW2 Was Even In Closed Beta.

Hate is Fuel.

4 dragons to go..

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

We will not see GW3. But we had better get another expac announcement BEFORE Legion. That would be what 3 expacs in less time than it took Anet to pop out one mini-expac.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

4 dragons to go..

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

The first time people encounter something annoying or buggy that the devs claim can’t be fixed in this game, it’s only natural that people will say “Well, maybe in GW3, then.”

Let’s be honest, though. If there ever is a GW3, it will be far different from this game. Maybe something more like Skyrim. But if they want just another MMO, they’d be better off overhauling GW2. Same costs, but they keep the current player base, instead of having to build a new one.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

4 dragons to go..

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

The first time people encounter something annoying or buggy that the devs claim can’t be fixed in this game, it’s only natural that people will say “Well, maybe in GW3, then.”

Let’s be honest, though. If there ever is a GW3, it will be far different from this game. Maybe something more like Skyrim. But if they want just another MMO, they’d be better off overhauling GW2. Same costs, but they keep the current player base, instead of having to build a new one.

My thoughts exactly. I don’t think a Guild Wars 3 would be worth playing due to a trend towards mechanical simplification, lower skill caps, and more story emphasis (read: expensive voice acting instead of resources going into balancing and map designs) overall in gaming. Dark Souls became very popular because it bucked these trends. Sure the game was simple mechanically but within those simple mechanics you had to time your dodges and play wait and see games to time your parries. A low level thief can beat Havel very early and I believe Havel and the black knight near his tower are designed to be parrying tutorials.