4 years of GW2, Then and Now

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dean Calaway.9718

Dean Calaway.9718

Not sure if someone did something like this already, but what the hell, my oldest screenshot and a recreated one today:

Attachments:

Victoria Cross [VC] – Desolation [EU]

Posted by: darkaheart.4265

darkaheart.4265

don’t you wonder how you used to play back then? (graphics wise)
it sure looks like you upgraded to a better pc, higher resolution and probably a new monitor/laptop

i7 3770k @ 4.5 ghz|Z77X-UD5H Motherboard|16GB @ 1600Mhz|GTX 1080|Corsair AX750 PSU|Windows 10 Home

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

That’s a cool idea.

I’m not entirely sure what my oldest screenshot is, but this is the oldest one I can identify, it must be from very early on because my main is only level 10. I think it was actually the first time I visited LA post-release.

And then one from when I completed the new jumping puzzle. This is from when New LA had just been released, but my character looks the same anyway.

(And as a bonus the only screenshot I have from the betas. I don’t know why I didn’t take more.)

Attachments:

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: tolunart.2095

tolunart.2095

Not sure if someone did something like this already, but what the hell, my oldest screenshot and a recreated one today:

Congratulations on Growing The Beard.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GrowingTheBeard

Posted by: SoulSpectre.1583

SoulSpectre.1583

TC, thats a cool looking armor! May I ask what it’s called?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Really cool idea! I looked through my BWE shots and while I could recreate one of those, I decided instead to go with the first one from headstart that isn’t character creation or tutorial (most of my BWE ones contain things that can’t be done now, anyway, such as feeding cows). So here is Donari day one, and over 4 years later. I know the figures are tiny, and I didn’t redo my camera settings to how they were before the wonderful camera QoL changes, but it’s the same place and the same characters at pretty much the same time of day, so I’m using it!

Attachments: