400 gem item to double mail size

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SicilianDragon.3071

SicilianDragon.3071

^
plus double amount you can send before getting supressed.
Would make alot of guild members and organizers happy. Easy money for Anet. Everybody wins

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

except when their account gets hacked and the hackers send off double the amount of money.

SicilianDragon.3071

Its limited to 500/week, doesnt matter how much mail you can send….

Posted by: Thanathos.2063

Thanathos.2063

So you’re not talking about doubling the gold cap to 1000, then? Please get more precisely, I’m not sure what exactly should then get doubled.

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

I’m prety sure hes talking about doubleing the amount of gold you can send total… Paying to up that cap would sort of invalidate some of the reasoning for the cap… Why would they let you pay them to put yourself at “higher” risk?

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

Sounds to me like he’s referring to the mail system’s spam suppression.

Posted by: LastShot.4762

LastShot.4762

I think he’s talking about the mailbox size(it only display 10 player mails, and you need to delete old ones to receive new ones) as well as the mail spam(if you send 3~5 mails in short succession, your mail will get suppressed).

Although judging by OP’s post history, he may want to double the gold cap too.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

That sort of defeats the intended purpose now doesn’kitten

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Miku.6297

Its limited to 500/week, doesnt matter how much mail you can send….

Judging from this post.. OP is definitely talking about the gold limit.

SicilianDragon.3071

No Im talking about mail supression. You can only send something like 1-2 mail/minute until your hit with supression. Its a nightmare for organizers and guild heads, lol.
A gem item that doubles the mail limits would be nice

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

I read that response of OP as dismissing the claim that then hackers can “send off double the amount of money” because, with the new gold limitations, it wouldn’t matter if spam suppression was made more lenient.

Methinks OP just needs to clarify. /o\

Edit: beat me to it!

Miku.6297

Ahh in that case OP, I don’t really think there should be a gem store purchase to increase the amount of text mail you can send… Honestly I think the “spam” suppression needs to be fixed so it actually works… Detects actual spam and stops that vs you sent more then 3 mails suppressed~

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I don’t want to have to pay to be able to send more mails. That would be a major ripoff. Anet needs to let us send more mails to friends (friend meaning both parties have friended each other). It’s a nightmare to give away dyes to guildmates. Link 10 dyes, 8 different people want one or two, and you spend the next 20 or so minutes trying to send them out. Before you say put them in the guild bank, most people who need the dyes are newer players without access to the bank.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

A gemstore Item, that increases the maximum size of your Ingame Mail Bank would be sure somethign nice for alot of people, than the current size of maximum 10 Mails

Dont know, why Anet doesn’t already offer somethign like that. Its one of the most basic paid services for simple email providers to increase the maximum space of mails you can have, so I don’t see a reason, why this shouldn’t work for Anet in GW2 too as an Account Upgrade that becomes more costy, so more Mail Space you want to have each time.

Lets say there would be maximum 3 tiers of Account Upgrades for Mail Space.

Small Mail Space Upgrade = 400 Gems = Increases Mail Space from 10 Mails to max 25 Mails

Medium Mail Space Upgrade (appears if you bought Small) = 800 Gems = Increases your Mail Space from 25 Mails to 50 Mails

Large Mail Space Upgrade (appears if you bought Medium) = 1600 Gems = Increases your Mail Space from 50 to 100 Mails Max.

I think something like this should work very well and surely would be for alot of players that write alot mails with other people daily very interesting. Over Gem Prices we can naturally discuss,, these are just example numbers

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Again. If the purpose of the cap is to add barriers to aggrivate RMT companies, scammers and the like, offering a gem store item to avoid, expand the cap isn’t going to happen.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: ReaverKane.7598

ReaverKane.7598

He’s talking abotu the 10 mail limit you can hold on your inbox.
And about the fact that you can’t send more than 2 mails at once without having to wait 1-2 minutes before sending another one.

On the supression, i think i’d rather have a special “recipient” command like “Guild:Guildname” to send a guild-wide message (as long as you have a certain permission).
I spent an entire afternoon sending mails to my guild members and my guild isn’t that big.