4700 hours and finally a precursor!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Curtis.1562

Curtis.1562

Last night I couldn’t sleep, so I got up and was messing around on GW2. I had enough random exotic dungeon weapons from pvp for 2 tries in the mystic forge. I tossed them all in and got nothing, except 2 random exotics worth like 2g each. Normally I don’t toss in exotics I can sell on the TP, but this time I wasn’t going to settle for ~4gold.

I go back to my bank and grab my last 2 exotic pvp dungeon weapons and head back to the forge. I throw them in hoping to at least get an exotic worth 4g+ to counter my losses, but to my extreme surprise, The Colossus pops up on the screen. I freak out, and think there’s no way that’s the hammer precursor…I only threw in 4 random mismatched exotics…not even all level 80…I must have gotten the names for the precursor mixed up. My cursor never moved so fast. I scrolled over the icon and read it like 5x in 2 seconds. “This weapon is used to craft the legendary hammer The Juggernaut” HOLY SUPERSOAKER this can’t be real! I spam “i” and open my inventory, not wanting to believe my luck until I saw it for myself in my inventory. There it was! That beautiful hammer! The holy grail of GW2 drops. I spam map chat in joy, talking in all caps, and then sell it instantly on the TP…out of fear that somehow it’ll disappear from my inventory.

I just sat in my chair, shocked from just what happened, while people in map chat talked about how I used all my luck this year and about how unfair RNG is. 4700 hours and I finally get my first precursor from the forge! Wow! Best of luck to everyone still trying, but as you can see, even if you have horrible luck like me(4700hours), it is possible. Nearly all my tries were from dungeon weapons, and I’d estimate this was my 15th or so combine.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Dungeon weapons are definitely a good way to forge, since you’re not wasting gold. Doubly good if you’re able to use your PvP rewards for it. Congratulations on your first precursor!

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

5500 hrs and 0 precursor…

Posted by: GiraffeRampage.6420

GiraffeRampage.6420

You logged 4700 hours, finally got a precursor, for the jugg, freak out and get all excited, you spam chat in all cap just to sell it on the TP…really? That basically contradicts your excitement unless you just wanted alot of gold. I really hope you dont regret that decision in the future.

Posted by: joe.7684

joe.7684

I’ve only played for 2,355 hours myself so it’s no surprise that I don’t have a precursor yet. I’m actually saving up to buy one, though (yes, yes, I know about the precursor collections in HoT, but I really have no idea what those will entail – they might turn out to be so exasperatingly grindy as to not be worth it), and expect to meet my target gold amount in a few weeks.

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

Congrats!

I’ve played for 800hrs and last week I somehow got 4 precursors in the space of 4 days. Yeah, everybody in my guild hates me now

Praise RNG!

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Congrats!

I’ve played for 800hrs and last week I somehow got 4 precursors in the space of 4 days. Yeah, everybody in my guild hates me now

Praise RNG!

And people not in your guild also now. :p

(just kidding)

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Congrats!

Praise RNG!

And people not in your guild also now. :p

(just kidding)

Add me to one of that hate list XD

Posted by: Countess Aire.9410

Countess Aire.9410

Congrats. I managed Dusk a year ago. Now comes the part. Again Congrats!!!!