49.99, no char slot and includes base game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ikereid.4637

ikereid.4637

Ok, I get the price for NEW players. But the players that already have the base game SHOULD NOT be charged 49.99!

The price should be 39.99, or 34.99 as that would be the difference of the base game (9.99 for the discount weekends, 14.99 for none).

Get on board, GW2 is NOT a AAA title. You didn’t even do e3!

seriously, screw this kitten.

Desktop: 4790k@4.6ghz-1.25v, AMD 295×2, 32GB 1866CL10 RAM, 850Evo 500GB SSD
Laptop: M6600 – 2720QM, AMD HD6970M, 32GB 1600CL9 RAM, Arc100 480GB SSD

Posted by: Ankas.9023

Ankas.9023

You are not paying monthly fees for subscription so I wouldn’t be complaining to much.

Posted by: Nibi.3572

Nibi.3572

I seriously don’t understand why the core game comes with it

at least let me give the core game i just now got again to a friend

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Actually they are at E3 and just did a live stream from there about guild halls.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-a-first-look-at-guild-halls-at-the-e3-pc-gamingshow/

From E3 exhibitor list:

http://mk02jm307.mapyourshow.com/6_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=are7919

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

ikereid.4637

HAHA, to get the extra character slot to USE the new character you need to pay 74.99?!

800 gems is NOT worth $25 (Don’t care about the other JUNK on the ‘silver’ tier)

Anet/NCsoft you must re-eval these prices and options.

IF the base package INCLUDED a character slot, OK I can KINDA get on board with that. But it doesn’t.

I am not on board with this.

Posted by: sylvnfox.7086

sylvnfox.7086

anet is at e3 Collin is there for a presentation so idk where your getting your info from

A shadow of darkness falls, there is nothing you can do but watch.
The clear blue sky turns a dark sickening green and swirls with corruption.
A dark laugh of evil echo’s in your mind!

ikereid.4637

Actually they are at E3 and just did a live stream from there about guild halls.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/get-a-first-look-at-guild-halls-at-the-e3-pc-gamingshow/

http://mk02jm307.mapyourshow.com/6_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=are7919

Been watching E3 streaming from Youtube.com 9am-6pm PST, Saw Nintendo, Sony, UBsoft, EA…ect but NCsoft/Anet? Nope cant recall seeing any of their PR stuff.

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

There are always people that complain about expansion prices, I remember seeing similar threads in EQ, WoW, etc.. My take is that be lucky you are playing a game that actually release expansions and updates. You could be playing one of many many other MMO’s that are on maintenance mode and barely upgrade or release content anymore. And for a game that does not charge monthly subscriptions unlike other titles, I think the price is well justified.

For $50 you’ll get so many hours of entertainment, it’ll make you feel silly for paying $150 a month for cable bills.

ikereid.4637

They need to remove the core game and adjust the price to accommodate. Or add in that extra character slot.

These prices are unacceptable for an EXPANSION. I do not care that this game has no subs, it has a Gem store (that I have invested in over the years SINCE launch) so saying ‘Oh but No sub!!’ is not a good enough excuse. Sorry.

ikereid.4637

There are always people that complain about expansion prices, I remember seeing similar threads in EQ, WoW, etc.. My take is that be lucky you are playing a game that actually release expansions and updates. You could be playing one of many many other MMO’s that are on maintenance mode and barely upgrade or release content anymore. And for a game that does not charge monthly subscriptions unlike other titles, I think the price is well justified.

For $50 you’ll get so many hours of entertainment, it’ll make you feel silly for paying $150 a month for cable bills.

Except its 49.99 × 4 accounts. Do the math there.

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

First of all, that’s your problem if you have 4 accounts. Secondly, what’s ironic is that you only need to pay $49.99 × 4 once. Where as within 2 months you would’ve paid more than that for cable tv which you likely don’t even spend that much time watching anyway. I’m using cable as an easy comparison, but we all know we spend a lot of money on other things that we don’t spend a fraction of the time using.

My point is you’ll get hours upon hours of entertainment value out of this. It’s cheap as heck if you think about it. And with no monthly subscription charges, the price is well worth it.

JustTrogdor.7892

Been watching E3 streaming from Youtube.com 9am-6pm PST, Saw Nintendo, Sony, UBsoft, EA…ect but NCsoft/Anet? Nope cant recall seeing any of their PR stuff.

Well you missed it I guess. The stream was live via the link I provided from 6:30 PM to about 8:00 PM Pacific Time U.S. I watched it live so I don’t know what to tell you. If you want to deny it happened then fine, that’s on you.

And again my second link in my previous post clearly shows they are an exhibitor there.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

ikereid.4637

Well you missed it I guess. The stream was live via the link I provided from 6:30 PM to about 8:00 PM Pacific Time U.S. I watched it live so I don’t know what to tell you. If you want to deny it never happened then fine, that’s on you.

not denying it, saying I didnt see it. Looks like they bought the ‘cheap’ slot, as it was after 6PM. Oh well.

ikereid.4637

First of all, that’s your problem if you have 4 accounts. Secondly, what’s ironic is that you only need to pay $49.99 × 4 once. Where as within 2 months you would’ve paid more than that for cable tv which you likely don’t even spend that much time watching anyway. I’m using cable as an easy comparison, but we all know we spend a lot of money on other things that we don’t spend a fraction of the time using.

My point is you’ll get hours upon hours of entertainment value out of this. It’s cheap as heck if you think about it. And with no monthly subscription charges, the price is well worth it.

I can’t believe how blind some of you are being about this.

HOT+Base game for 49.99
If you have the base game, you get no benefits from the added ‘bundle’

HOT should cost us between 34.99 and 39.99 and not a penny more since most of us here (you need a base account for forum access, yea?) have the base game already.

But if you just wanna throw your money away, thats on you. I’m going to fight this until Anet changes this. Or Ill just wait until next year when HoT is on sale for the correct price it should be.

Either way, you guys do NOT need to make comparisons against Sub MMOs and Cable TV (none of which are in the competition here, as I pay for Neither. I use OTA TV and I play LoTRO/Tera when i get bored in GW2)

JustTrogdor.7892

Well you missed it I guess. The stream was live via the link I provided from 6:30 PM to about 8:00 PM Pacific Time U.S. I watched it live so I don’t know what to tell you. If you want to deny it never happened then fine, that’s on you.

not denying it, saying I didnt see it. Looks like they bought the ‘cheap’ slot, as it was after 6PM. Oh well.

Simply correcting your false statement. Let me remind you:

Don’t try to validate your argument with statements that are false and clearly made without knowing what you are talking about.

The Burninator

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Or let us have it as an extra copy, that we can use ourselves or give to friends.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

ikereid.4637

Or let us have it as an extra copy, that we can use ourselves or give to friends.

thats all fine and dandy, but what if we do not want another base game? We should not be stuck with something that does not benefit us.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Its quite normal in good MMOs that expansions inclued all previous content so
that new players only need to buy the last version and not everything that has
been release before.

I mean who would really wants to buy 10+ different games to start with a longer
running MMO ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

This OP is filled with loads and loads of crap :P

Don’t make up lies to make your argument stronger

Posted by: Cameron.2315

Cameron.2315

The reason they think this is acceptable is because most people just comply and pre-purchase in excitement not stopping to re-evaluate the madness and sheer disrespect to the original players. They should have a $30 expansion only version and yes I said $30 because honestly when it comes and you see it that’s being very generous…

Posted by: lakdav.3694

lakdav.3694

I agree that there should be an option that doesnt include the core game for those who already have it. Maybe via the Black Lion Trading Company (gem store), since thats already a link to your existing profile. Make it so that you can only spend real money on it if you dont want it to be accessable through farming gold in-game.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Why are people saying 800 gems?

Ultimate includes 4000 gems. Thats $50 worth there.

That alone pretty much makes Ultimate worth it over Standard.

Pricing looks fine to me. I’ll be buying Ultimate. But it also shows why I emptied my 2nd account!

JustTrogdor.7892

I agree that there should be an option that doesnt include the core game for those who already have it. Maybe via the Black Lion Trading Company (gem store), since thats already a link to your existing profile. Make it so that you can only spend real money on it if you dont want it to be accessable through farming gold in-game.

That is already available. Go to the Gem Store, click the HoT pre-purchase icon, select the version you want, pay with real money, instant upgrade. That’s how I bought my Ultimate upgrade.

More info on the upgrade process be it through the website store or BLTC:

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/94582027-Heart-of-Thorns-Pre-Purchase-FAQ

The Burninator