4th Birthday - please Anet consider everyone

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

I am just happy to get a birthday present. After all it is the thought that counts.

As long as it’s not another Queen Jennah!

Only if it is a Mystic Forge-able Queen Jennah!

Posted by: CynicalFred.9135

CynicalFred.9135

It’s simple, if someone had bought those dyes just before that gift came out, they were out hundreds, possibly thousands of gold.

If someone else was just about to buy those dyes but then received their gift(s) then that’s a sale that someone didn’t make on the TP and an expensive dye that someone else received.

Those who already owned all the dyes available from the collection had no options other than salvage or forging.

If we had known in advance that “hey, your 3rd year gift is an account bound set of dyes”, we could have bought our dye collections more strategically and saved the last few, most expensive dyes to get with the gift.

You may not see it this way, but many of us feel left out and excluded because we were avid collectors – we feel like we should be given another option or a way to sell the dyes.

The current situation is not going to change, but I would like them to include other options or a gift that every player can use, regardless of progress in a specific area.

And you realize that if they had done that the prices for said dyes would have dropped off a cliff because the small minority of people actually willing to pay that much for them would go “eh, i’ll get it for free anyway” and i’m fairly sure they want the economy to be as player driven as possible, which means not messing with it as much as possible. Plus they might have just not thought about it Or (here’s a shocker) they were actually willing to allow something to be less useful for a small minority of players because no matter what you do there will be unhappy people, and sometimes the best you can do is to make the smallest amount of people unhappy.

Posted by: TokyoGhost.6492

TokyoGhost.6492

I have been playing this game since it came out. It was loooong jurney. I grinded a lot but also had tons of fun and met many nice people that later became my close friends!

I hope they will give us something special this year! Maybe unique legendary-like weapon skin? Or perhaps, brutally awesome outfit? Maybe permament VETERAN-ONLY fortress access with all these NPCs?

OR

Some very awesome titles!

Im super excited to see what will happen

I made so much mistakes that I now make mistakes without mistake.

Posted by: elkirin.8534

elkirin.8534

IMHO, A lot of people are confused over who is acting self entitled.

As an illustration two comments follow;

Please consider those who already have X prior to designing 4th birthday presents.

Please Kitten those who already have X prior to designing 4th birthday presents.

There are a number of posters who would appear not to be able to identify the more self entitled statement.

Good luck, I hope you enjoy life.

Dubain – Sea of Whoever we are Linked to now

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

I’d love tio see a continuation with the style of the last years birthday gift, just this time with a different type of item..

Last year we receive within the birthda pet “dyes of our choice”

So how evout for the 4th year we get somethign like:

Exotic Minipets of our choice, this way people can get with alot of 4 year old charactrs alot of very hard to narly impossible to get minipets to complete their colelctions, without that they are forced to spend multiple THOUSANDS of gold for them..
Due to them being account unlocked directly after having chosen what you want, you can’t resell them to make lots of gold and that way it wont affect alot the economy.. demand and prices will go down eventually for a while, but surely will go up again later

or

weapon/armor skins of our choice

This way we can get just the skins that we like, without having again to spend thousands over thousands of gold just to get a single skin in this game and grind our butts off for them, just to realize later than that we wasted aslot of time and golde, because some time later aftr we xpensively bought that skin some kind of new event happens or new content comes, that makes our hard work instantly trivial and the hard earned skin cheap as f***
So I think such a kind of niuce gift after 4 years of waiting for somethign like this would be appropriate. Only exception – Legendary weapons and their precursor skins, but anything else of just normal exotic weapon skins ect. shoudl be unlockable this way through this gift and again the very monment you chose somethign out instantly unlock the skin and done, nothing to sell for the tp naturally.

or

pack of ascended equipment of your choice

lettign you choice between either an ascended weapon kit or an ascended armir kit.
if you use the ascended weapon kit on your chara, then you will receive based on your class for every kind of useable weapon for this class (including elite specs) an ascended weapon that lets you choose out the stats that you want and turns the moment you chose the stats into one of the various colored crafting/chest skin ascended weapons

So you are a Thief and you open that kit. then you will receive a pair of 2 Ascended Daggers, an ascended Sword, a pair of 2 ascended pistols, an ascedned shortbow and an ascended staff

If you use the armor kit then you will receive a complete ascended medim armor with stats of choice based on which armor type the character is with eithr light, medium or heavy equipment… plus ascended armor type fitting aqua breather

That would be awesome gifts for longterm loyal players, that still have a hard time to get their charactrs equipped with ascended items, due to the lack of play time, or gold, both or other problems why they haven’t yet the equipment together to equip their main characters full with a complete set of ascended items for weapons and armor and we all know, that craftign a complete armor set, or a complete weapon set of ascended weapons for your class isn’t a cheap thing as well… 4 years of loyally playing this game should really be worth it to gift us with a chance to get our main charactrs aftr all that time the best in slot equipment that a character by that age should have after all this time and deserves to have after all this time, regardless if you are a casual or a hardcore gamer.. 4 years of loyal playing should be worth such a gift as it would drasticalyl reduce the grind of this game to get your main charactr at least ready for all kinds of game content, be it raids, highend fractals, wvw or general highend endgame pve.

or

guild decorations of your choice

Would be kind of a very social birthday gift, because guild decorations are a social gameplay element, that so more of them find automatically into the game via birthday gifts from characters of choice,so prettier will look many guild halls in the game, while its also indirectly a birthday gift, that will reduce playr grind to get those decorations that you want which would cost you otherwise alot of gold/expensive materials for sure to craft them for your guild,. not to mention the massive gridn that lies behind gettign eventually first your scribing level up enough, which would be somethign that could get circumvented via this birthday gift to get some decorations this way, for which you would normally not able to make them due to a too low scribing level of yours right now.

or

black lion weapon skins of your choice, thats somethign that I would love to see happening, if not for this year, then definetely for the 5th birthday to give people also a way to get as a thankyou after so many years in a direct way these skins, because many of them are also already sold old in the trading post and not obtainable anymore.
anet needs to do somethign about this, these skins need to become a bit more accessible somehow and that also over indirect ways, not just only via grinding skin tickets and scraps for a ticket via RNG grind from black lion chests
There needs to be some kind of long term way of obtainign these skins which requires patience, like working on a legendary, but in the end its somethign that should be also possible to EARN by the player, without that stupid rng is involved in the process of obtainign these skins, so that people which would like to complete some specific weapon sets skins can work also towards completign them without that rng and ridiculous gold grindign are the only ways of obtaining these skins
For Skin Collectors and Fashionistas amogn us woudl be that a perfect way to add more access to thse skins via next birthdsay gift, because as directly unlocked skins the moment you use the gift, it won’t change much on the economy again…demand and prices will be just temporarwly reduced maybe, but that will recover again quickly

Just some things from the top of my mind, that come from brainstorming about this topic, which would be a nice continuation of the “give you something of your choice type – rewards”

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

This topic has too many suppositions and too much anxiety for a gift that will be given to us by courtesy.

I will take it and enjoy it while appreciating the gesture. In fact… I thank you ArenaNet right now, for more than 4 years of entertainment (since beta).

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Gems will never be on sale outside of an expansion pre-purchase or via a discounted gem card.

That is why they put items on sale.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

(edited by Behellagh.1468)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

What do you guys expect it will be? I’m quite anxious because I have one headstart character and just can’t wait to see! You know, I really liked the finisher design. It’s very beautiful. I’d like a very special mini and/or a glider!

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I might be tempted to pay using real money if they had a gem promo, eg. USD 10 gets 1000 gems instead of 800, just for the anniversary.

That’s why they do sales. Something for 800 gems goes for 600 gems. Same difference?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

My guess is it will be a glider. Anet seems to be very invested in gliders as they are HoT owners specific. For sure it would tick off the core game only players but at the same time might influence some to upgrade to HoT to use it. Much like they rushed core map gliding out after HoT sales appeared to under perform. If that is the case there may even be an anniversary sale for HoT like when LS3 was released.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Seems like gem discounts and item discounts would be mutually exclusive things. Since there are item discounts I am not sure why you would expect gem discounts.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Wishful thinking: A Celebration Mini pack that gives you any mini in the game (except the raid ones). Account bound on acquire obviously.

It will likely be a second version of the dye kit with the kits released since the last one, or something else unique like the cake blaster.

Posted by: KhainPride.3987

KhainPride.3987

lvl 40 scroll birthday booster and backpiece

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

Portable launch pad so you can glide anywhere but no-fly zones.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

My expectations
A level 40 scroll (it briefly showed up on gw2tp as a new item)
Birthday booster
Then I’m going to guess a dye pack again. One that has all the dyes from last year’s birthday dye pack and maybe new ones from this year.
After that….. Maybe a glider. Maybe another finisher.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: GrimFace.9571

GrimFace.9571

I wish they will give few Mastery Points and an Unlimited Birthday Experience Bonus.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

A fun game to play.

That’s what I expect. That’s what I’ll get. Anything else is just icing.

~EW

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

A gem sale would be the same as if ALL items were on sale. And like I said earlier, they won’t do that. It is better for ANet to use targeted short term sales on items to get players off the fence and buy. Remember, knocking 20% off an item price means that item’s sales would have to increase 25% just to break even. So it’s put on items that may have a pent up demand for them, like BL keys.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Avatar of Indra.6908

ANet, please consider showing your appreciation to the players who have been here in Guild Wars 2 since the beginning with an adversary from the beginning, a:

Zhaitan Mini

Other players who are not at four years yet will just have to show their loyalty and just wait.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I suspect that asking for something in particular only 2 weeks before the anniversary is way too late, both for the time needed to make it and because they’ve almost certainly got the 4th birthday present done and ready to go.

You could always ask for next year though.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Only if there is something to do with the excess…

I still have Jennahs here and there.

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

I don’t want to spoil anything but its going to be a backpack skin, or 5. Thats all I can say.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I don’t want to spoil anything but its going to be a backpack skin, or 5. Thats all I can say.

I think we will find those 5 packbacks in the Gem Store.

Posted by: Rylen.2147

Rylen.2147

I think we will find those 5 packbacks in the Gem Store.

Yea that was part of a “pack” which is probably from the gem store but I really hope that the storm bow isn’t a gem store skin and is instead a birthday gift/new legendary

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

Dye selection would be nice – that a was a cool idea.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Posted by: anninke.7469

anninke.7469

I don’t really crave for an in-game present that much. I’d like to see some nice new real-life merch in decent quality. I’ve been wanting a GW2 t-shirt for quite some time, but don’t like any of the current designs. And on top of that I’ve read several times about how the picture didn’t survive the first washing and the t-shirts were not that well made…

There was a merch related thread some time ago so I hope something good is on the way.

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

I remember having a real good laugh at the first guy who had all the colors and came on the forum to whine. Talking about finding a gift for the man who has everything. Although I kind of have a little patience with this guys, getting nothing when everyone else gets something is not so much fun.
It went even better and people who had put the dreaded electro blue on the TP lost the sorry butts with it going of for free. I did not have it up to this point because I seriously donĀ“t want to look like my favorite fruit or a like an accident of silk and wine sauce. Anyone who takes advantage of people on the TP got exactly what he asked for.

Posted by: Gregori.5807

Gregori.5807

As someone who has every dye in the game, and has for years, I hope they add an alternative to the dye pack unless the dye pack will include future dyes.

They could have a “pick one” for things that people can max out on. Dyes, minis, etc. For me, the “other” could be 5 teleport to friends, a free makeover kit, or one of those account wide bag slots.

~~On Blackgate since Beta~~
80s: Necro x2, Ranger, Warr, Guardian x2, Ele x2, Mes, Thief