5 levels from 80

5 levels from 80

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Hey guys,

I maxed all crafts to 400 and I’m still 5 levels short of 80. Did I do something wrong?

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

5 levels from 80

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

You probably did.. It only took me 7.5 crafts to max my guardian out. Are you sure you got to 400 in every one?

5 levels from 80

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I’m not sure you realize it, OP, but there are other ways to earn XP in this game besides crafting. lol

5 levels from 80

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

One possibility is that you did not get regular points from refining that you would get the first time you refined the material(s)… you would only get points for refining copper ore into ingots one time and then you would not get any points on refining copper on successive crafting skills etc.

It’s hard to say what you missed out on 5 levels since it was said it was possible to get from 1-80 via crafting alone.

Nice thing about level 75 is you can get to 80 super fast by doing a few events in the high end zones

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

5 levels from 80

Posted by: Aiden.6209

Aiden.6209

I’m not sure you realize it, OP, but there are other ways to earn XP in this game besides crafting. lol

He could be power leveling or testing out how crafting is for leveling and how fast he can do it. He’s only asking if there is anything you can do wrong while crafting all 8 skills which might not make you level 80.

And answering the actual question, i think you must have done something wrong, i have crafted 8 before and give or take abit of xp depending on what you level you will get 80, maybe 79.5 but not 75, you must have done something wrong.

[JDGE]

Aztro [Engineer] Extro [Warrior] Xilent [Thief] Tyrax Deathrain [Ranger] Krogax [Guardian]

5 levels from 80

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Crafting gives a percentage of your level depending on your crafting level for each level gained in that discipline. Each discipline should be worth 10 levels.

Unless it’s possible to craft too fast (like when crafting a rare and jumping 10+ levels) and miss some of that XP, one of your disciplines is probably still in the 200-300 range.

5 levels from 80

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Bug perhaps?
You are supposed to earn 10 lvls per craft. Of course this is not entirely true since you may earn more exp.
I already did it 3 times and I always earned 3 extra levels with the first craft (from level 2 to 15) so I ended being lvl 80 with 5 extra “levels” (the last time I earned and extra level in the last craft so I ended with 6 extra “levels”).
Of course, for some reason I always did this on Monday so I had 10% crafting bonus from WvW but even without the bonus you are supposed to earn 10 guaranteed levels per craft so as I said, it may be a bug.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

5 levels from 80

Posted by: dinominator.9862

dinominator.9862

What the cost to level a character this way, assuming you buy the highest level components needed for each new recipe?

5 levels from 80

Posted by: Darkwolf.6291

Darkwolf.6291

Something like 60-70g. Costs under 10g to level most professions (and only like 2.5g for chef).

5 levels from 80

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

WvW bonus? Still not sure if a “critical success” gives you more character exp or crafting exp.

5 levels from 80

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

What the cost to level a character this way, assuming you buy the highest level components needed for each new recipe?

Depends, I followed the guides at gw2crafts.net which have 3 different guides with different costs each.

Also depends on prices, sometimes the cheapest guide cost 50g and sometimes 70g, also if you have some mats, it may be way more cheap.

WvW bonus? Still not sure if a “critical success” gives you more character exp or crafting exp.

I’m not sure either but as I said, last time I earned 1 extra “level” and since I finished most crafting on Tuesday, we had 13% of crafting bonus (still may be totally unrelated).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

5 levels from 80

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

He could be power leveling or testing out how crafting is for leveling and how fast he can do it. He’s only asking if there is anything you can do wrong while crafting all 8 skills which might not make you level 80.

And answering the actual question, i think you must have done something wrong, i have crafted 8 before and give or take abit of xp depending on what you level you will get 80, maybe 79.5 but not 75, you must have done something wrong.

Ah, I was under the impression you could only get 60 levels from crafting, but I see that I’m wrong now.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

5 levels from 80

Posted by: Eastevil.1534

Eastevil.1534

I’ve powerleveled one of my alts from 10-80 just to see how long and how much it’d cost in total with my own guide from previous attempts. Took me just over 10hrs and cost around 50g.

However i already had large excess of mats and unfortunately screwed up with my guide at one point, so had ended up buying more than i originally planned.

5 levels from 80

Posted by: xanthic.9478

xanthic.9478

You only did 7 crafts to 400. (if you started at level 2 first craft is 13 levels due to “bonus exp” from 1-15, and then 6×10 to stop at 75).

Make sure all the Crafting masters are trying too charge you 40 silver to switch to their craft.

Always Current Crafting Guides: http://gw2crafts.net
Updated every 20 minutes based on current TP prices.