5 months in, what do you do while in game?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

I’ve got three level 80 characters now, all outfitted in full exotics. I do spend some time now and then messing with their traits and switching up weapons and things when I feel like it, but mostly they are set. I’ve got a forth character that I’m leveling up.

I recently finished 100% world exploration, and I’m working on completing all the jumping puzzles (only have about 8 left to go).

I’ve completed every holiday achievement except for two, and I’ve enjoyed all the holiday events and content with my guildies.

I do dungeons or fractals with guildies whenever I can, and I do WvW quite often. I do a bit of farming (very little, because I don’t enjoy grinding at all). I do my daily and monthly achievements by getting out in the world and seeing different places every day.

I passed 700 hours played last weekend, and I’m still enjoying it very much. Although there are certainly issues and gripes I have with the game, it is overwhelmingly, by far, the best MMORPG game design I’ve ever played, for me. I just love logging in every day and I feel there is almost endless things that I haven’t done yet…and the recurring game play like just the basic combat and class mechanics and WvW are staying fun even after all this play time.

I’d like to build my guild up a bit more with some active folks (I really enjoy doing group content with friends), and I’m saving up my various currencies as I go…I’m not sure what I might get yet, but I’ll find something.

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

I have two level 80 chars s far. I have a small, but very active guild, so we do tons of stuff together. Right now I’m into leveling my elementalist, it’s a fun to play class though I really didn’t like it when I started. Since I had a very bad laptop until christmas, I just then started to like jps – before they were just annoying like hell, now I love them. Got to catch up on those
I do my daily, but I’m never very focused on that, it has got to happen in between ^^ I enjoy several dungeons, still got a few ones left which I haven’t finished. New dungeons or hard ones rather on weekends, during the week fractal 10 daily, some cof, some ac, some ta, some hotw, some coe – depending on what I feel like doing. I pug inbetween, but it’s rarely ever a real pug, most often 2-3 guildies and some pugs to fill up the group.
Luckily, I enjoy fractals, so this alone is tons of stuff to do. Wvwvw is something I enjoy only from time to time, mostly with friends and guildmates in smaller groups, 5-15 people. Still not a fan of zerging^^
I don’t play as much as I used to play in the first months, but that’s a good thing. It was a bit too much at the beginning. I feel like now I’m in a good place, game wise and time wise.
Of course there are some things I’d like to see changed, getting ascended gear through other sources than fractals, fractal dc-issue, more challenging open world pve etc – but I guess some of these issues will be fixed during the next months.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I no longer play. GW2 is the first mmo that I did not reach level cap in. I wont go into reasons, but I played for about 3 weeks.

My question is, if you are still playing, what are you doing? What do you do on a daily basis?

Thanks.

Doing the daily pve on my last character that I’m not going to power level in WvW. I do the daily pvp with my mesmer, and the rest of my gaming time is WvW, which is getting a bit old.

Late in the week I do a bit of grinding to take advantage of the WvW bonuses, but even those get hit with the DR hammer and I can’t see myself doing any farming because of it.

To be honest, if I could find something else that I would rather play? I would already be there. Anet has sucked a lot of the fun out of this game.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Chris.7653

Chris.7653

I have a level 80 and 4 alts. Sometimes I play my 80, sometimes I play one of my alts.

With my Alts, obviously I’m leveling, and do zones, and personal story and gathering and crafting.

On my 80, I am going for Map Completion, so currently doing high level zones. I also did my first dungeons yesterday. Also, gathering and leveling crafting up.

I’ll probably play my Alts more now though.

Cheers.

Thanks for they reply. Isn’t this the same thing people do in WoW?

What does it matter what people do in WoW, your original question had nothing to do with WoW, this isn’t WoW’s forums and there is no reason to bring this up.

Honestly if you quit the game why even come here to talk about it and then bring WoW up?

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

WvW/PvP and Fractals. Occasionally working on explorer. They game has gotten very slow for me. I’m dead-tired of fractals (I try to avoid it but all my buds still want to go).

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

Posted by: SpicyTuna.4502

SpicyTuna.4502

I Play Starcraft