5 new maps to spread us thinner.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: chemie banger.9624

chemie banger.9624

Oh no. Big maps even.

Hope stuff will be solo able.
Maybe some lower level maps. Not just more 80 stuff.

Could be my timezone doesn’t help :-/

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

The megaserver system pretty much assures you can find an active map at any time of the day using the LFG tool.

And trust me, at launch you’ll be hoping there would be less people around.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s an expansion; it’s going to, you know, expand the game. It’s specifically for post-L80 gameplay, so I doubt very much if there will be sub L80 zones. Most veterans are going to be in new zones, so I doubt those will be underpopulated.

Besides, what’s your suggestion for how to do it differently? No new zones? No post-L80 gameplay? Split the player base even more so by including sub-L80 content instead?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

chemie banger.9624

I know I couldn’t find a map today to do dragon’s stand daily.

Content for existing zones like the old living story 1 maybe \o/

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

And if they don’t make new maps? What sort of an expansion would that be?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Pretty much everyone warned ANet about this when they started making maps entirely filled with group content.

I feel sorry for all the future players that are going to feel like they were suckered in to buying HoT when they find it’s 99% group content with no groups running it.

(edited by Conncept.7638)

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

As usual, you will want to complete everything asap during the initial window because less people will be there later on.

Gw2 has a lot of empty places in the world map, anet eventually gonna fill it all up, it is to be expected. Now, we can only hope anet make sure the events scale according so that even as we thin out, we can do them.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I’m worried about the HoT maps, especially since they revolve entirely around their metas. Depending on when you play, it can already be hard enough to find 2 maps completing the meta on VB or TD, and its just going to get worse when the expansion drops and the HoT maps are all but abandoned for a while.

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

I did the entire Scar Lane yesterday by myself and it was extremely depressing. But part of the problem stems from the changes to participation and the fact that people really only have to join up right before Chak Gherent spawns.

Other than that I haven’t been in any empty maps really. I guess the core Tyria maps that I don’t go to often but I still see a few people here and there. All of that content is easily soloable and even if they aren’t you can generally find a few people to help you in map chat.

Also, with core Tyria gaining mounts I’m pretty sure others will be filling into those maps over time due to new players as well as veterans returning for map completion since it will presumably be considerably faster/easier.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It’s an expansion; it’s going to, you know, expand the game. It’s specifically for post-L80 gameplay, so I doubt very much if there will be sub L80 zones. Most veterans are going to be in new zones, so I doubt those will be underpopulated.

Besides, what’s your suggestion for how to do it differently? No new zones? No post-L80 gameplay? Split the player base even more so by including sub-L80 content instead?

Haha, perhaps they should remove 5 maps as well as adding new ones, then we wouldn’t be spread out so far LOL

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Haha, perhaps they should remove 5 maps as well as adding new ones, then we wouldn’t be spread out so far LOL

I like it. Can we remove the raid maps? They’re group content and people have been complaining we need less of that. Two birds, one stone. ;D

chemie banger.9624

Fine by me.
Last new map I’ve got was bloodstone fen and only been a few times.
None since.
They chasing the hardcore gamers off a cliff with all the new content that filthy casuals like me are being left behind on.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Did you try when the map reset and used the LFG? That works for just about everyone as there’s always a map running.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Fine by me.
None since.
They chasing the hardcore gamers off a cliff with all the new content that filthy casuals like me are being left behind on.

So you don’t care if there are new maps, fair enough.
So you have not logged in to get the LS maps and the last one you got you have hardly been to, fair enough.
You feel as though you are being left behind? If you did not even log on to get the LS maps and have hardly been to the one you do have, then yeah, you are going to be left behind with regards to that content. It hardly takes a “hardcore gamer” to take advantage of these LS maps or the expansion maps.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Fine by me.
None since.

You are not being left behind, you are choosing to not participate.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Wait. So they’re complaining about being left behind where the newest living story episode that they have is episode 1 which released a year ago? I seriously hope they don’t expect Anet to slow down on content because some people want to take absurdly long breaks from the game and not be left behind.

Posted by: Emprer.7256

Emprer.7256

Oh did you expect one small map? What kind of complaint is this?

Posted by: Ameepa.6793

Ameepa.6793

How dare they add new maps to the game!

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Pretty much everyone warned ANet about this when they started making maps entirely filled with group content.

Meaning on release of GW2 5 years ago.

The thing is, GW2 doesnt have an endgame. We know that and raised concerns looooooong ago. Thats a problem if you want to focus the population. They made a decent solution to that – dailies bringing people to specific maps – but unfortunetly they have been moving away from global dailies in favor of local dailies independant from each other, which is bad. Theres only so many dailies people will bother with. I hope the new maps are part of the global world. If they have their own dailies… well kitten.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

Oh no. Big maps even.

Hope stuff will be solo able.
Maybe some lower level maps. Not just more 80 stuff.

Could be my timezone doesn’t help :-/

It’s “complaints” like this that perfectly illustrate that you can’t please everyone all of the time.

I’m delighted at the idea of five huge maps. I enjoy the exploring aspect of this game. I also quite like them to be not too busy. If you’re concerned about not being able to kill bosses due to lack of players, I don’t think there will be an issue in finding willing participants in the months after release, either in map chat or the LFG tool. Both are good ways of alerting people to boss spawns.

Posted by: Vindicus.2130

Vindicus.2130

While I don’t share the sentiment that adding new maps is a bad thing, I do agree that older content needs to be made soloable. This game can become a nightmare for new and returning players. Especially HoT which is almost entirely group-centric. Once HoT is no longer the newest content it will be almost impossible to do anything in it.

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

While I don’t share the sentiment that adding new maps is a bad thing, I do agree that older content needs to be made soloable. This game can become a nightmare for new and returning players. Especially HoT which is almost entirely group-centric. Once HoT is no longer the newest content it will be almost impossible to do anything in it.

Which would be the point of dailies. At least one for each HoT map event will probably bring enough players together to do other stuff (such as hero points). As long as they shuffle PoF dailies together with one HoT map I doubt it will be much of an issue.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Dragon Stand is on a timer. If you go off timer, you won’t find people on the map, ever., That’s always been the case.

So you go to a timer site, show up for the start of the event, maybe five minutes early, you join a squad and the map is fine.

People in my guild have done dragon stand all day and since I’m in Australia, I’ve done it at just about every time imaginable. There is NEVER a time when that meta event comes up and it’s not being done.

The fault isn’t division of players, it’s the bad communication from the company about how the timer works and even how LFG works.

I promise you it’s not the location in the world that’s the issue. It’s the game doing a bad job of explaining how to find an active server, and generally when the server will be active.

Dragonstand is the only map in the game like it, since the entire map is essentially one giant event chain.

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Well the best solution for Anet would be not make meta events in PoF start at the same time as HoT meta events imo . However PoF meta events should cover some of core game meta events.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

I’m worried about the HoT maps, especially since they revolve entirely around their metas. Depending on when you play, it can already be hard enough to find 2 maps completing the meta on VB or TD, and its just going to get worse when the expansion drops and the HoT maps are all but abandoned for a while.

The same thing that happened to the World boss train when HOT metas got popular……. people still do them, you just need a commander to host a squad and pick up 30 people along the way to hit critical mass. The habit of unfocused players right now is to look at LFG and use that to figure out where people are at…. when they see an event they’re interested in, then join that squad. This same approach can be applied to pretty much anything that stays practical with more then 5 players.

Consider this as the view point….. the only group content that has problems finding people to do it, are the ones that aren’t particularly fun to begin with. However, there is clear preference for content that has easy rewards… so thats the first place people will coalesce. Once thats done, if the commander suggests carrying the squad into another event, well over half will follow along to help get it started.
I find the bigger issue right now is a lack of commanders to coordinate these events, rather then there not being enough people to join once someone else has already done the setup.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Maybe old maps can be recycled somehow? Yes, we have megaservers to concentrate people, but eventually you will have less people on all instances of the map than are needed for a successful run of whatever event it features. More solo events? Drop the level? You do not need to do a complete rewrite of the map to make it attractive and/or usable again.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Dragon’s Stand runs on a schedule. You have a 5-10 minute window every 2 hours in which to go there if you want to do events there.

Attachments:

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Fine by me.
None since.

Interesting. I am a filthy casual as well. You can complete the new maps in an hour or so. Each part of the season one to two hours.

XPACS in most if not all MMOs contain new areas or maps. It is your choice however what you want to complete.

ALSO for others in this post… the maps HAVE group content but not necessary to complete them to complete maps with the exception of some HoT maps. Even then you can go to those maps and chill if you want or help. I recommend the latter.

There are always gold farmers and event chasers on most maps all the time. I never run into an issue looking for a group map event that cannot be completed. Just my opinion.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

Posted by: Frozenize.9603

Frozenize.9603

Guild Wars 2 – Path of Nothing News. LoL

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Well the best solution for Anet would be not make meta events in PoF start at the same time as HoT meta events imo . However PoF meta events should cover some of core game meta events.

No, the best solution would be to allow players to start the meta events as we did in Silverwastes and do away with the timers entirely.

Nothing was worse than missing out on the full DS maps and sitting around waiting two hours for the next one.

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

It’s not the fact that they are adding maps that worries me, it’s the achievements that are group-bound that I can’t finish in the old maps due to a lack of group involvement. Sure there are instances here and there where PUGs are able to bring down a single monster, but what about, the events on multiple fronts? Or the world bosses that require coordination?

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

No, the best solution would be to allow players to start the meta events as we did in Silverwastes and do away with the timers entirely.

Nothing was worse than missing out on the full DS maps and sitting around waiting two hours for the next one.

Right. I didn’t think of that. I guess we will see later what they have in mind.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

So for the last expansion people complained about the lack of maps and now people are complaining about too many maps?

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

So for the last expansion people complained about the lack of maps and now people are complaining about too many maps?

This is what the forums is all about. Nerf power…power nerfed…nerf condi…condi nerf inc. No one on WvW maps…queue is too long now…and then will be empty again when PoF drops so get ready of no one on maps again. PvP – nerf rewards…rewards nerfed now to hard. WvW – we want rewards… rewards too hard. PvE – We want challenging content….everything is hard because it’s gated.

PoF hasn’t even dropped yet and already people have ideas how to fix something they haven’t played. It’s the nature of MMO gaming forums. A place where the player base has a better idea how to do things with no business sense or access to raw data.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger