5-slot bags? Seriously?

5-slot bags? Seriously?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lankybrit.4598

Lankybrit.4598

Anet,

You give us great bags from Champions that can contain exotic crafting materials, some fairly decent weapons, and…………wait for it…….5-slot bags.

Why? What possible use are 5-slot bags? At least make them 8-slot so they would actually be useful for a starting character.

They only vendor for 4c and don’t go for anything on the TP. Why on earth are these offered as a reward?

My Life in Tyria: http://lankygw2blog.blogspot.com/
Updated every Monday

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Magnus Heartseeker.7958

Why on earth are you running Queensdale champ train?

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe stop doing champ runs in the starter zone? A 5-slot bag is a step up from the 4-slot bags newbies start off with. Seems appropriate for the zone, at least to me.

Plus, they are quite colorful!

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

When the game first came out, as a new player, 5-slot bags were pretty good in my opinion…

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Lankybrit.4598

Oh, is that why. If I do Champions in Frostforge sound what would I get?

I assumed because it was in the bag, it was Champions loot and it didn’t matter what zone you got it in.

Updated every Monday

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Actually, they should reward lower end runes of holding to encourage new users to craft something useful.

I never even looked into it, but can you toss bags into the mystic flusher for a chance to get a larger one? (That would be an option).

I think only the starter areas give storage bags (yes, 5 slots are useless)….I’ve never gotten them from any other Champions that I recall…..

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

(edited by Brother Grimm.5176)

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

Oh, is that why. If I do Champions in Frostforge sound what would I get?

I assumed because it was in the bag, it was Champions loot and it didn’t matter what zone you got it in.

You don’t get any bags from any other champs that you can use.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Asgaeroth.6427

Asgaeroth.6427

Try taking your champ train to edge of the mists if you’re worried about loot quality. It’s very stable there, like 95% salvage and raw mats.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: OmaiGodman.2098

OmaiGodman.2098

Actually, they should reward lower end runes of holding to encourage new users to craft something useful.

I never even looked into it, but can you toss bags into the mystic flusher for a chance to get a larger one? (That would be an option).

I’m pretty sure the 5-slot bags don’t come from the champ bag

Any plan that involves dead quaggans is, by design, foolproof. I’m an unmitigated genius!

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Belenus.9132

Belenus.9132

I know this post is about five-slot-bags, and forgive me for adding my two cents worth, but why can’t vets hang around starter zones? I have a number of lv 80’s and I spend a lot of time in starter zones. Why? Well, I run something called the Tyria Assistance Guild (TAG) and I and others like me run around these zones looking for people are having problems taking down a champion, or need assistance with a challenge or simply have questions about what to do, how to do it and the usual stuff newbies have to ask. Most of my friends list is composed of ‘newbies’ (now established vets in their own right) but at one time I would have been very happy to see somebody come racing to my rescue or to offer good advice – asking no reward for their time or their efforts. In fact now, I absolutely enjoy helping others and recommend existing vets do the same (afterall, after reaching lvl and having done it all, seen it all, what else is left?)

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Yeah and it’s only the Queensdale area that you get the bags that I’ve noticed, I’ve never seen one in any of the other starter zones. Stupid humans get all the goodies.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

I’m reasonably sure that no mob in the game drops bags higher than 5 slots. And that the only mobs that drop those are the Queensdale champs. They are, incidentally, direct drops, not in the champ bag.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Daggos Skelito.2910

Daggos Skelito.2910

Removed them from the champs and add them to the vets……problem solved…next issue

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Lankybrit.4598

I’m reasonably sure that no mob in the game drops bags higher than 5 slots. And that the only mobs that drop those are the Queensdale champs. They are, incidentally, direct drops, not in the champ bag.

Are you sure? Doh! I’ll need to check again tonight.

Updated every Monday

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Yeah, they don’t come from the champ bags, just straight up drop.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Yeah, Queen’s champs have been dropping those colorful bags long before champ bags existed.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

When the game first came out, as a new player, 5-slot bags were pretty good in my opinion…

first tier of any armor crafting profession gives you 8-slot bags. Those Queensdale bags were outdated on the first day of the game.
(and these are not the only ones – Krait Witch in caledon sometimes drop one as well).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

5-slot bags have been dropping from starter zone champions since the game started. They aren’t part of the champion loot bag.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Lankybrit.4598

5-slot bags have been dropping from starter zone champions since the game started. They aren’t part of the champion loot bag.

OK. My mistake. I thought they dropped from the bag when I made the post, but remember now that they just drop from the Champion itself.

My bad.

Updated every Monday

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

Dear Anet,

Your champs in Queensdale do not drop enough loot to properly support my level 80 warrior. Please correct this, so that they drop more loot.

Thank you,
Rad Warrior.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Those bags exist as punishment for champ training in Queensdale.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Dear Anet,

Your champs in Queensdale do not drop enough loot to properly support my level 80 warrior. Please correct this, so that they drop more loot.

Thank you,
Rad Warrior.

Anet replies:

Dear Rad Warrior,

Thank you for sharing with us your concerns. After taking what you said in and discussing this matter amongst ourselves here at Anet we are pleased to tell you that this matter will be fixed henceforth with the next patch. Loot bags will drop less silver than they usually do, we will probably half it in fact. Thank you for your feedback and we hope you look forward to the new loot drops!

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’ve noticed that these bags come in a rainbow of colors.

I’ve also noticed that there’s a vendor in Queensdale that sells Lucky Rabit’s Foot charms. They’re accessories, cost 2 silver each, and have NO stats to them. These also come in a rainbow of colors.

Call me crazy, but I’ve always felt there’s a connection between the two items, and there’s something we’re all missing here…

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Kaz.5430

Kaz.5430

It’s not just Queensdale champions that drop the 5 slot bags, I’m pretty sure it’s a standard reward from any of the starter area ‘Group Event’ champions, you just notice them more often in Queensdale because people farm the champions in that zone more often.

One dropped for me from the Flame Legion Shaman a couple of days ago, when I happened to be running through and decided to take him down, and he’s most certainly not in Queensdale.

Monarchy - 15 year old browser-based game and roleplay community
Table Warfare Miniatures - Armatures, Custom Miniatures, Moulds etc.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

I run it solely for the daily/monthly events and champ slayer achievements. An hour a day, sometimes more, and you can get those knocked out fairly quickly.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’ve also noticed that there’s a vendor in Queensdale that sells Lucky Rabit’s Foot charms. They’re accessories, cost 2 silver each, and have NO stats to them. These also come in a rainbow of colors.

I equipped one of those lucky rabbits foot for a few days just to see if it had some kind of hidden magic find or other affect. It didn’t surprise me to see that nothing noticeable happened but it was worth a shot.

The Burninator

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Palador.2170

I equipped one of those lucky rabbits foot for a few days just to see if it had some kind of hidden magic find or other affect. It didn’t surprise me to see that nothing noticeable happened but it was worth a shot.

I did too, but I still feel that there’s a second use for them that we’ve not figured out yet.

… well, I used to think that. As my opinion of ANet plummets, so does my faith in their ability to throw in such fun things.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

I’ve noticed that these bags come in a rainbow of colors.

Call me crazy, but I’ve always felt there’s a connection between the two items, and there’s something we’re all missing here…

TBH I think the reason these bags were in the game in the first place was as a flashback kind of to the old Char backpack bags we had in GW1. They came in various colours too (if I remember correctly) and were semi rare from some of the tougher mobs in the starter area. Here however they are nuisance drops and they were even so before champ bags came into being.

Having said that however, I have the first bank tab of my guild bank fitted out with 2 different coloured bags in a way that it spells the letters of my guild name. Looks rather cool actually.

As to those other items you mentioned, yeah I agree I always thought there was something to them too but I never figured it out.

Attachments:

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Anet,

You give us great bags from Champions that can contain exotic crafting materials, some fairly decent weapons, and…………wait for it…….5-slot bags.

Why? What possible use are 5-slot bags? At least make them 8-slot so they would actually be useful for a starting character.

They only vendor for 4c and don’t go for anything on the TP. Why on earth are these offered as a reward?

WAIT, there is loot INSIDE those useless 5 slot bags? OMG, I have sold HUNDREDS of them as junk to the merchant since launch, never equiped a single one.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Palador.2170

WAIT, there is loot INSIDE those useless 5 slot bags? OMG, I have sold HUNDREDS of them as junk to the merchant since launch, never equiped a single one.

This is a misunderstanding. The 5 slot bags are just that, and only that. Bags that are one slot better than the newbie bags given out by the personal story.

They contain no loot.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Im Mudbone.1437

This is a misunderstanding. The 5 slot bags are just that, and only that. Bags that are one slot better than the newbie bags given out by the personal story.

They contain no loot.

WHEW, TY, yeah I misread/misinterpreted. Tired. LOL

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

We get starter level loot in a starter level zone? Seriously? Wtf?

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Im Mudbone.1437

I have gone along on the Queensdale train a couple times for daily champ slayer when it has come up for dailies and MANY DROPS were for my level which is 80, so, not everything is low level.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

I have gone along on the Queensdale train a couple times for daily champ slayer when it has come up for dailies and MANY DROPS were for my level which is 80, so, not everything is low level.

I think they’re poking fun at the fact someone’s complaining about 5 slot bags off champs in a starter area. Also, gear drops are generally affected only by character level.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I disagree.

8 slot bags should be there to introduce crafting to new players.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Palador.2170

I disagree.

Nope.

The 5 slot bags make it clear that there’s better out there than the 4 slot ones. That can get them to looking for better, which leads to crafting and/or the market.

If 8 slot ones drop, then the next step is too high to reach quickly with crafting, and more people will just write it off.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Deamhan.9538

Deamhan.9538

Back before these champs drop those champ bags, they still dropped the 5 slot bag. It comes from the champ, not the champ bag.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

runeblade.7514

I disagree.

Nope.

The 5 slot bags make it clear that there’s better out there than the 4 slot ones. That can get them to looking for better, which leads to crafting and/or the market.

If 8 slot ones drop, then the next step is too high to reach quickly with crafting, and more people will just write it off.

8 slot is too high to reach?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/8_Slot_Reinforced_Bronze_Box
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/8_Slot_Rawhide_Leather_Pack
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/8_Slot_Jute_Bag

All requires 10 crafting materials.
Require level is 0.

How difficult is it to get an 8 slot bag?

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Palador.2170

I disagree.

Nope.

Require level is 0.

It’s not. I’m saying that if the 8 slot ones drop, then the next step up (10 slot) is too high up for starting characters. You need items not found in a starting zone, as well as a much higher skill to make them.

The 8 slot ones are easy. You get 4 slots, but then you can loot 5 slot bags. That’s a nudge towards finding out about and making the 8 slot ones.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

runeblade.7514

I disagree.

Nope.

Require level is 0.

It’s not. I’m saying that if the 8 slot ones drop, then the next step up (10 slot) is too high up for starting characters. You need items not found in a starting zone, as well as a much higher skill to make them.

The 8 slot ones are easy. You get 4 slots, but then you can loot 5 slot bags. That’s a nudge towards finding out about and making the 8 slot ones.

And I am saying that I disagree with 8 slot bags dropping.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Palador.2170

And I am saying that I disagree with 8 slot bags dropping.

Ah, I see the problem. I misread your first statement. We’ve been arguing at each other for the same cause.

My bad.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

what I have always wanted was a mystic forge recipe to make higher slot rainbow bags

- I mean how cool would that be?

Chuck the colored ones in the forge and make pretty bags all the way up to 20 slots

Gunnar’s Hold

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

what I have always wanted was a mystic forge recipe to make higher slot rainbow bags

- I mean how cool would that be?

Chuck the colored ones in the forge and make pretty bags all the way up to 20 slots

That would be cool! I use some of the lower slot bags on some of my characters just because the icons are so attractive. Lol.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Hmm… What would the icons of these bags look like?

Because the concept of a coloured Doggie Bag amuses me greatly. XD

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ha ha! This is the very icon I was referring to. ^

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Ha ha! This is the very icon I was referring to. ^

hehehe I have that bag too just because
of the icon

Gunnar’s Hold

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

What most players havent realized yet is u can put 4 different colored bags in the mystic forge and a 25 slot rainbow bag will pop out. Only works for players who have transfered to JQ server.

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Lankybrit.4598

What most players havent realized yet is u can put 4 different colored bags in the mystic forge and a 25 slot rainbow bag will pop out. Only works for players who have transfered to JQ server.

What?

Updated every Monday

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: Silvercyclone.1462

Silvercyclone.1462

What?

It’s a joke

5-slot bags? Seriously?

Posted by: smithkt.8062

smithkt.8062

What?

It’s a joke

I can’t wait for the threads asking about the 25 slot rainbow bags after they spent gems transferring.