50 ectos is a bargain

50 ectos is a bargain

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

…for ascended earrings. Because after trying for 2 months to do the bounty, I’ve discovered that unless we somehow magically gain 50 members, our guild just isn’t gonna complete the bounties. Not that the bosses are too hard you know…just that even with 7 people using google maps, we still can’t find them in time.

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

50 ectos is a bargain

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Fortunately fractals is completely pointless and I don’t need the extra stats since I don’t WvW. If I had to have BiS gear I’d be a lot more passionate about how terrible G. Missions are, especially after the latest rework.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

50 ectos is a bargain

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

That’s because Google maps hasn’t got the coordinates yet.

http://dulfy.net/2013/02/27/gw2-guild-bounty-guide/

Here you go mate.

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

50 ectos is a bargain

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

…for ascended earrings. Because after trying for 2 months to do the bounty, I’ve discovered that unless we somehow magically gain 50 members, our guild just isn’t gonna complete the bounties. Not that the bosses are too hard you know…just that even with 7 people using google maps, we still can’t find them in time.

And with the recent (and ongoing) drop of prices on rares, soon the TP will be filled with very cheap ectos

Fortunately fractals is completely pointless and I don’t need the extra stats since I don’t WvW. If I had to have BiS gear I’d be a lot more passionate about how terrible G. Missions are, especially after the latest rework.

Not everyone want ascended items for fractals.
I want ascended items cause it’s the only way to get real/full set of trinkets with certain stats like full soldier (Pow/t/v), real knight (T/pow/pre) or “emerald” (Pre/pow/t) which doesn’t exist in exotic version (soldier don’t have exotic jewels/crest and knight/emerald are mixed).

But yes, apart from that, they are very pointless ATM.

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

50 ectos is a bargain

Posted by: sbr.8170

sbr.8170

In what way are Fractals “pointless” more than any other content in the game?

50 ectos is a bargain

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

Lots of guilds host public bounties. I know Commendation (GC) over on Tarnished Coast do multiple a week for NA players and always post a thread on reddit before hand. Try to look around so you can get them done while still trying to progress with your own guild

50 ectos is a bargain

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Lots of guilds host public bounties. I know Commendation (GC) over on Tarnished Coast do multiple a week for NA players and always post a thread on reddit before hand. Try to look around so you can get them done while still trying to progress with your own guild

You wouldn’t happen to know anyone in there, would you? I am looking for such a guild for my friends, so they can get in on the bounty action too. :o

50 ectos is a bargain

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

They need to reduce the area on where the targets will be so it will be easier for guilds (especially the small ones with less than 20 members) to find and kill. Killing is easy, it’s finding that’s hard as hell.

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

50 ectos is a bargain

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

It’s enough to run a tier1 bounty and kill just one of the champions with everyone there to get your commendations. You do not need to complete the whole run to get personal rewards.
Tip: run tier3 anyway, you get 6 targets, more probability that you get one of the easier to kill, like Poobadoo or Brooke. Even if not, it’s still something a 5man team can do.

50 ectos is a bargain

Posted by: Nikon Justus.6902

Nikon Justus.6902

But to get the commendations you have to be a member of the guild doing the bounty, if you are not a member of the guild you only get the standard event rewards.

(paste from wiki)
Member rewards

Members of a guild that successfully kill one at least one target receive the following rewards.

2 pieces of rare or better equipment
50s
2 Guild Commendations
There is also a chance to receive an Ascended accessory.

Participants who complete the dynamic events but aren’t members of the guild will receive standard event rewards.

50 ectos is a bargain

Posted by: Barzmon.1320

Barzmon.1320

I created a thread in the players helping players section to list all Public Guilds who are hosting public guild missions, mentioned thread is here https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/players/Public-Guild-Mission-List-EU

On second thought it might have been a mistake to list it as EU only, nonetheless hope more people start posting, but the main ideology stands, represent during the event and leave back to your guild once it’s done