500 Chef

500 Chef

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kaleban.9834

Kaleban.9834

Idea for Chef:

Craft “Everlasting” versions of food items at 500.

Basically an Ascended consumable, could for example make an Everlasting Omnomberry Bar, that never runs out, and is sellable on the TP.

Trays would still get consumed, and have double the duration, so excess gathered ingredients would still find solid use in world events, dungeons, raids, etc.

500 Chef

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

if it never runs out, the market to buy would be very limited.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

500 Chef

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

That would kind of be OP unless they made the creating requirements really high

500 Chef

Posted by: Odin of Ark.4860

Odin of Ark.4860

Infinite food ascended? More like legendary.

500 Chef

Posted by: Valky.2574

Valky.2574

Would be nice, but all one has to do is look at the Gem store to see this will never happen.

Aka Metabolic Primers

500 Chef

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Well, it COULD happen, but only with lower level food.

That way, you eat the lower level stuff that lasts forever and get the minor bonuses it gives, or eat the better stuff, but have to keep replacing it.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

500 Chef

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

This suggestion reminds me of the Portal Scrolls they introduced at Halloween. They sounded awesome until I did the math and realized it was significantly cheaper (and more flexible) to just bite the bullet and waypoint everywhere on the slightest whim than to make a scroll for it.

I had a similar experience with Batwing Brew. Even before the price skyrocketed, it would still be thousands of times cheaper just to carry around a stack of single-use brews (.0006g/each) than to pay 100g for an endless one, and I LOVE endless tonics.

What I’m saying is, they could do infinite-use food, but it would likely cost an arm and a leg. You’d probably get more use out of it than, say, Batwing Brew, because you’d always be using it, but that means more demand, and making more items (other foods) obsolete.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

500 Chef

Kaleban.9834

This suggestion reminds me of the Portal Scrolls they introduced at Halloween. They sounded awesome until I did the math and realized it was significantly cheaper (and more flexible) to just bite the bullet and waypoint everywhere on the slightest whim than to make a scroll for it.

I had a similar experience with Batwing Brew. Even before the price skyrocketed, it would still be thousands of times cheaper just to carry around a stack of single-use brews (.0006g/each) than to pay 100g for an endless one, and I LOVE endless tonics.

What I’m saying is, they could do infinite-use food, but it would likely cost an arm and a leg. You’d probably get more use out of it than, say, Batwing Brew, because you’d always be using it, but that means more demand, and making more items (other foods) obsolete.

Well, my thinking was along the lines of making more use of group buffs, i.e. Trays.

For example, the ever popular Omnomberry Bars. If you could make one infinite use one for solo use, then every other Omnom after that could go towards making long duration Trays that groups could use more often.

In a sense, it would encourage more grouping up and usage of consumables that otherwise people hoard for themselves. As I said, just a thought.

500 Chef

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

I would not like to see this actually as it would totally crash the food market in a week.

What would be better IMO is the next tier offered a selectable second benefit such as:

For example all are 1 hour recipes.
Deluxe pepperoni pizza: +20% condi duration, -20% condi incoming duration +15% xp
Deluxe cheese pizza: +20 Condi duration, +100 condi damage, +15% xp
Deluxe mushroom pizza: +20 condi duration, +100 power +15 XPS
Deluxe veggy pizza: +20 condi duration, +100 precision +15% XPS

This would give players the choice as to what they wanted and still offer benefits as if they were the next tier. These foods should also be tradable, unlike all the new account bound ones they have released lately.

edit: clarity

(edited by Tommyknocker.6089)

500 Chef

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

Make the 500 food like the Copper-Fed-Salvage, spent the crafting cost to get <food item>‘s buff every time you double click it. Eliminate the need to go to the TP in the middle of fights because you ran out of Tropical Mousse. The details need much work, I’m sure, but a single slot renewable food source is my main suggestion.

500 Chef

Posted by: ffletcher.3468

ffletcher.3468

I see no need for a level 500 chef because all the new recipes since dry top ( ithink) have been account bound and the food produced has been account bound. What’s the point? I only have 8 alts and they can only eat so much. I do not understand this decision by Anet. Would the economy collapse if we could sell some food? Is there some inherent difference between cactus fruit salad and mango pie that makes one marketable and the other not? I just don’t get it.

500 Chef

Kaleban.9834

I see no need for a level 500 chef because all the new recipes since dry top ( ithink) have been account bound and the food produced has been account bound. What’s the point? I only have 8 alts and they can only eat so much. I do not understand this decision by Anet. Would the economy collapse if we could sell some food? Is there some inherent difference between cactus fruit salad and mango pie that makes one marketable and the other not? I just don’t get it.

I think it boils down to ANet being more concerned with all the new whiz bang stuff they can sell in the Gemstore than fixing/re-vamping old content.

We have Ascended everything, in fact trinkets were the first Ascended items you could get, yet Jeweler is still stuck at 400.

So with the Chef discipline, I think it would be nice to see Ascended food items that were infinite use. Heck, ANet could even make a Legendary Food, name it “Manna of the Mists” and it could allow you to use it an infinite number of times with selectable benefits!

And as I pointed out above, this would free up ingredients to be used on Trays for group buffing, encouraging more group play from the outset. Imagine doing world events and instead of one solitary rich guy putting down a Tray, there were ten or more that everyone could use. Which of course would also be a boon for the smaller guilds who wanted to entice memebership.

Like I said, just a thought.