5000 Achievement Points

5000 Achievement Points

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lady Bumble.6520

Lady Bumble.6520

So I have been working hard, and today I hit 5000 achievement points, and my guildies figured that I should post it on the forums here!

Attachments:

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Yerffejy.6538

Yerffejy.6538

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: WarDiver.8320

WarDiver.8320

I remember somebody have 20k Achievement Points…

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

I have like 3,800+ I rarely play and I have 4 80’s, but I think that pretty average in this game since it’s so easy.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

Yeah, I heard some people hit 24k achievement points, don’t ask me how, I’m on like 4.3k just playing casually.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Noein.5893

Noein.5893

congrats, but no offense… achievement points are worthless now because there is “agent of entropy” which is a fairly easy and non-costly achievement. just spend some hours salvaging things and you can get 500 points in maybe 2-3 hours.

in the future patch, officials announced infinitely achievable points will be getting nerfed, probably limited to 100-200 points. so don’t waste your time doing agent of entropy.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Lady Bumble.6520

Lady Bumble.6520

congrats, but no offense… achievement points are worthless now because there is “agent of entropy” which is a fairly easy and non-costly achievement. just spend some hours salvaging things and you can get 500 points in maybe 2-3 hours.

in the future patch, officials announced infinitely achievable points will be getting nerfed, probably limited to 100-200 points. so don’t waste your time doing agent of entropy.

Yea, I only have 30 points in agent of entropy, just been working on all of the other ones, I salvage my ‘salvagable items’ and whites when I remember to.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

The players that have alot points in agent of entropy points are not wasting their time. They are making money with it. Why esle would someone salvage so much? Also I doubt the limit to agent of entropy would be so low. You can only get 100-150 points in 2-3hrs with agent of entropy since you have to click everything to salvage.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Landrax.4201

Landrax.4201

GZ Lady Bumble.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Very nice. Good job

Come back for the big 10k

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Amos.8760

Amos.8760

Well – I think it’s a big deal! I’m somewhere in the 2000s.

Congrats!

My turret is so much better at this game than I am.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

WTG! At 4377, I’ve got a ways to go to catch up to you. That’s just impressive.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Congrats reminds me of start focusing on them :P

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

5000 Achievement Points

Lafiel.9372

Well i’ve played since release and i’ve got like 68 points of on agent of entrolpy. Let see, 200 salvages per 2 achievement points, that means 200×34= thats about 6800 items salvaged. Let see, in accordance to what you said, 500 points in 3 hours.. that is 50,000 items salvaged in 3 hours. To put it in perspective, thats 277 salvages per minute and 4.6 salvages per second. Even half that is an inhuman speed unless you’re using illegal macros.

As they say, 97 % of statistics are made up on the spot.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: TsukasaHiiragi.9730

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

Achievement points are useless, since there was several exploits related to HoM..

protest this travesty of a patch -
Get it taken down -
Do whatever it takes if you care about this game -

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

I got 5000+ achievement points just yesterday with only 46 points in Agent of Entropy. So it certainly IS doable.

Attachments:

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

i supose…grats (?)

I took an arrow to the knee

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Eastevil.1534

Eastevil.1534

I got 5000+ achievement points just yesterday with only 46 points in Agent of Entropy. So it certainly IS doable.

What the problem is, is that agent of entropy is “infinite”. Meaning after a certain amount of salvaging the ahievement points in this tier will reset allowing players to loop this cycle. You don’t really believe that 6/200 salvaging gives 46 points?

Someone exploited this and came onto the forums to give himself a pat on the back for reaching 20k achivement points.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Yea, I only have 30 points in agent of entropy, just been working on all of the other ones, I salvage my ‘salvagable items’ and whites when I remember to.

And because of this 5000 is a wonderful achievement.
Good job.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

What the problem is, is that agent of entropy is “infinite”. Meaning after a certain amount of salvaging the ahievement points in this tier will reset allowing players to loop this cycle. You don’t really believe that 6/200 salvaging gives 46 points?

Someone exploited this and came onto the forums to give himself a pat on the back for reaching 20k achivement points.

I know all about Agent of Entropy and that guy with the 20k points. I just posted my points on that Achievement line to show that my 5000 points weren’t done using an infinite Achievement. I also don’t have Dungeon Master yet, missing Arah path 4, so I don’t have access to Hobby Dungeon Master which is another infinite achievement line. In short I got my 5k without exploiting the system

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Folk.2093

Folk.2093

conga rats!!!!!

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Ulion.5476

Ulion.5476

It is not an exploit when 2 pts of agent of entropy are 200 salvaged items. That means the 20k pts guy would have had to salvage ~2 million items. Why would that be an exploit since agent of entropy has always been infinite and you get nothing from achievement point atm? Agent of entropy does not have a number tier by it is only shows the infinite symbol like it always has.

BTW A-net stated they plan on adding a cap to agent of entropy later on once they find a way to reward player for achievement points.

Ele – Tarnished Coast
“Quoth the raven nevermore”
Platinum Scout: 300% MF

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Griszek.9014

Griszek.9014

Good work OP – i have “only” 4611 atm, and so much do do

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Kandrick.8054

Kandrick.8054

As said, agent of entropy will be ‘normalized’ should they eventually dish out rewards for achievement points.

To the OP congratulations that is an achievement!

Do they have an achievement title ? If not they should put ‘Achiever’ in for 5K plus points (excluding the infinites) or something. ‘Over Achiever’ for 10K.

Anyways again, well done on reaching that milestone.

(edited by Kandrick.8054)

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: CHOAM.7852

CHOAM.7852

Doesn’t look like that’s what’s happening in this thread.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: ElenaDragon.8401

ElenaDragon.8401

Congrats.

/15char

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Vol.5241

Vol.5241

Farming agent of entropy is not easy. It’s very expensive if you do the math.

That being said, achievement points is the best way to gauge the experience of the player.

If I see someone with 800 points, I figure the player is new. If you have 2000, you’re solid. If you have +3k, well you’re pretty well rounded.

[Permabanned on Forums]
[Currently Inactive, Playing BF4]
Magic find works. http://sinasdf.imgur.com/

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

That being said, achievement points is the best way to gauge the experience of the player.

If I see someone with 800 points, I figure the player is new. If you have 2000, you’re solid. If you have +3k, well you’re pretty well rounded.

This is far from the truth

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

5k is a good accomplishment, congrats! You can’t do agent of entropy realistically anymore, thankfully.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

5k is nothing, what is the big deal?

Got folks in my guild with it. I think I am 3.9k and casual player.

It is not hard

5000 Achievement Points

Lysico.4906

This is so not true though.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Jon.5761

Jon.5761

sorry to burst your bubble
http://i.imgur.com/RDTkJjx.jpg

(edited by Jon.5761)

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Ecobahn.4367

Ecobahn.4367

WOOOOT gogo gadget Bumble!! One day I will catch up ^__^

In other news! My character has been made famous due to your post, so thanks!

I am the Master of my Fate. I am the Captain of my Soul.

(edited by Ecobahn.4367)

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Preyar.6783

Preyar.6783

I got 4700 points and 11 titles so far. Only got 16 points in the salvage achievement and I’ve missed about 170 points due to not completing dailies for some time.

Wondrous Achiever \o/

(edited by Preyar.6783)

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Without showing agent/infinite title/s that doesn’t burst any bubble imo.

Serenity now~Insanity later

5000 Achievement Points

SadieDeAtreia.8912

Impressive, if done without salvage or HoM skins exploit.

5000 Achievement Points

Lysico.4906

ummm that screenshot is wrong.

Feb monthly is ONE dungeon completion.

Something is fishy with that

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

? If it is one on yours, then that is the bug/fish. On everyone else’s it’s 5/5

Serenity now~Insanity later

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: wauwi.9162

wauwi.9162

around 1200 here…playing since launch more or less casually.
i suck. i had fun though.

[EU/GER]Elona’s Reach: Aerrith: Lv80 Ranger / Sephirra: Lv80 Mesmer
“Only the finest of potatoes in my zerkburgers.”

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Congratulations! It does take work to get that far and beyond. Nice work! Your guildies should be proud of you!

5000 Achievement Points

SadieDeAtreia.8912

It starts at 1 of 1 but it is tier 1 of 3… so when completed its 5 / 5

5000 Achievement Points

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

It is not an exploit when 2 pts of agent of entropy are 200 salvaged items. That means the 20k pts guy would have had to salvage ~2 million items. Why would that be an exploit since agent of entropy has always been infinite and you get nothing from achievement point atm? Agent of entropy does not have a number tier by it is only shows the infinite symbol like it always has.

BTW A-net stated they plan on adding a cap to agent of entropy later on once they find a way to reward player for achievement points.

There was an exploit with a HoM item that you could keep salvaging over and over ~ this is how many players got insane amounts of points.

Get it taken down -

5000 Achievement Points

TsukasaHiiragi.9730

I got 4700 points and 11 titles so far. Only got 16 points in the salvage achievement and I’ve missed about 170 points due to not completing dailies for some time.

How many of those titles are from HoM though?

Get it taken down -

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Esrever.8613

Esrever.8613

Well i’ve played since release and i’ve got like 68 points of on agent of entrolpy. Let see, 200 salvages per 2 achievement points, that means 200×34= thats about 6800 items salvaged. Let see, in accordance to what you said, 500 points in 3 hours.. that is 50,000 items salvaged in 3 hours. To put it in perspective, thats 277 salvages per minute and 4.6 salvages per second. Even half that is an inhuman speed unless you’re using illegal macros.

4.6 salvages per second is doable. Probably not sustainable because you need to bank and buy kits but you can salvage a stack of 250 items in less than a minute if you have the kits set up.

sllaw eht no nettirw gnihtemos saw ecno ereht

5000 Achievement Points

Lafiel.9372

4.6 salvages per second is doable. Probably not sustainable because you need to bank and buy kits but you can salvage a stack of 250 items in less than a minute if you have the kits set up.

My point was that it’s not practical at all. In reality, you actually have to salvage faster than 4.6 salvages per second because there is down time in between each kit which is used up (even if you’re using mystic salvage kits). To add to that the price of salvaging even the cheapest salvage mats which can be stacked is about 40c per piece. that’s 1g per stack and you need 200 stacks for 50,000 salvages. That is 200g in total for a measly 500 achievement points. Let’s say if someone really had the money to waste, and they really hard to time to waste and lets use 20k achievement points as an example and 3 hours as a “reality” based achievement for 500 points. That means this guy used 120 hours of time just salvaging materials and the total for 2 million items would be no less than 8000g. Obviously, the guy who did this either exploited a bug e.g the HoM bug or had a lot of money and most likely! used a macro or did some other unknown thing.

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: IamALie.8190

IamALie.8190

You’re an achiever, you achieve things! Congrats!

5000 Achievement Points

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

congrats but…. not over 9000…. -.-

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer