I know right?
I was just wondering the same thing.
Not even forums for some PvP/ camp song singing either

Gunnar’s Hold

6 hours with out GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

I think I am at work anyway. If not then maybe some diablo again.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

I’m at wooork :PP go read the Guild wars’ book Sea of Sorrow!

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Well now I can play Civ 5 in peace without having to think about what I have to do in Guild Wars :P

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Did I miss something? GW2 is working for me…..

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Neve.7134

Neve.7134

Server Maintenance: August 6th, 12AM PDT (07:00 UTC / 09:00 CEST)

We will be conducting maintenance on the game on Tuesday, August 6th, starting at 12:01 AM PDT (07:01 UTC / 09:01 CEST). This maintenance period will last up to 6 hours.
Guild Wars 2 : players will be logged out of the game starting at 12:01 AM PDT (07:01 UTC / 09:01 CEST) and during the maintenance, players will not be able to login to play.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Server-Maintenance-August-6th-12AM-PDT-07-01-UTC-09-01-CEST

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Do something productive?

Read a book?

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Do something productive?

Read a book?

What is this book you speak of?

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Buy a 3DS and a good game for it.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Sauzo.6821

Sauzo.6821

Server Maintenance: August 6th, 12AM PDT (07:00 UTC / 09:00 CEST)

We will be conducting maintenance on the game on Tuesday, August 6th, starting at 12:01 AM PDT (07:01 UTC / 09:01 CEST). This maintenance period will last up to 6 hours.
Guild Wars 2 : players will be logged out of the game starting at 12:01 AM PDT (07:01 UTC / 09:01 CEST) and during the maintenance, players will not be able to login to play.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Server-Maintenance-August-6th-12AM-PDT-07-01-UTC-09-01-CEST

Oh yeah I read that but you guys must be from another country cause here in US it’s only Aug 5.

Crafted: Meteorlogicus, Incinerator, Juggernaut, Sunrise, Bifrost, The Dreamer, Kudzu
Am I legendary yet!?

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

I was planning on mowing the lawn after work today. I think I feel like doing it tomorrow now.

#TeamJadeQuarry

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Red.3572

Red.3572

Oh well. Sucks to be a working EU player that’s for sure…

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Thaiseeran.9243

Thaiseeran.9243

Back to finishing my HoM in GW1.

By blood we are bound together, FOR WE ARE MURDERERS!

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

I REALLY hope they give us the “extended experience” promised before launch.

Even the ability to participate in Guild Chat or trade on the TP from a tablet or computer would be REALLY awesome.

That way, GW2 is never too far away.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Oh yeah I read that but you guys must be from another country cause here in US it’s only Aug 5.

People are talking about what to do during the maintenance TOMORROW, there is no maintenance today.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: X The Manimal.5293

X The Manimal.5293

Steam Summer Sale left me with a ton to do. I forgot how amazing Dragon Age: Origins is. Also, Dishonored and Fallout 3. =)

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: khefka.2804

khefka.2804

Anyone know when the new patch updates usually are? Wondering if I will have time to finish achievements after this maintenance.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Steam Summer Sale left me with a ton to do. I forgot how amazing Dragon Age: Origins is. Also, Dishonored and Fallout 3. =)

Dragon Age: Origins is amazing but I played it into the ground
Currently playing a bit of Shadowrun Returns- interesting game that if you liked the pen and paper Shadowrun game

I think I will just log on to GW- and give that another go, that is if I can remember anything about my account

Gunnar’s Hold

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

2am to 8am on a weekday, i’ll be sleeping/going to work…i win

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: kossman.8206

kossman.8206

why the heck up to 6 hrs?

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Anyone know when the new patch updates usually are? Wondering if I will have time to finish achievements after this maintenance.

The safest thing would be to assume that the patch will be applied during the downtime.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

People are talking about what to do during the maintenance TOMORROW, there is no maintenance today.

Yes, you are correct. However common practice for many people is to consider “today” until they typically go to bed. Midnight is “tomorrow” however a very large group would consider that part of “today’s” gaming time.

Bottom line, at midnight PDT GW2 is going down for up to 6 hours.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

When they patch SWTOR or I get bored with it for a bit, that’s when I play GW2…hope they never have maintenance at the same time …

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Write GW2 fanfics for an hour.
Troll the forums for 2.
Cry in a fetal position for half an hour.
Rage for 2 1/2 hours.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Football! my new Torfabrik 3 ball is most likely arriving today or tomorrw anyways

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Write GW2 fanfics for an hour.
Troll the forums for 2.
Cry in a fetal position for half an hour.
Rage for 2 1/2 hours.

Except the forums will be down also. No trolling for you. May I suggest sitting in the corner and sucking your thumb instead? ^^

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

Large patch update on the servers. Wow.

6 hours with out GW2

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Except the forums will be down also. No trolling for you. May I suggest sitting in the corner and sucking your thumb instead? ^^

I like to diversify, so thumb sucking and rocking back and forth, equally distributed :P

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

i’m curious what the maintenance will actually do. i mean, 6 hours is a long time for a game that doesn’t go down for more than a couple minutes at a time. i can’t help but imagine the Anet employees logging onto our characters, dressing them up in embarrassing outfits, putting them in perverted poses, and taking hundreds of screenshots of it all. then wiggling a few wires at HQ and blowing a bit of dust off everything, so they wouldn’t technically be lying about doing maintenance, and turning everything back on.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

They needed enough time to schedule the funeral and wake for CoF p1.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

i’m curious what the maintenance will actually do. i mean, 6 hours is a long time for a game that doesn’t go down for more than a couple minutes at a time. i can’t help but imagine the Anet employees logging onto our characters, dressing them up in embarrassing outfits, putting them in perverted poses, and taking hundreds of screenshots of it all. then wiggling a few wires at HQ and blowing a bit of dust off everything, so they wouldn’t technically be lying about doing maintenance, and turning everything back on.

Maintenance? Do you think is only click on the restart button?

I don’t know what you understand for "maintenance " but in online games, that always take a while (they always said 6 hour but it may take less or way more than that).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

6 hours with out GW2

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I don’t know what you understand for "maintenance " but in online games, that always take a while (they always said 6 hour but it may take less or way more than that).

6 hours is a bit strange for this game though. There hasn’t been a build update that’s lasted longer then just relogging since release :P

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

Maintenance? Do you think is only click on the restart button?

here’s the joke
and here’s your head.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Advent Leader.1083

Advent Leader.1083

6 hours is a bit strange for this game though. There hasn’t been a build update that’s lasted longer then just relogging since release :P

I think it’s a bit of this and that – major update to server-side rewards mechanisms (adding new loot tables to all champion bosses, which might be not just an update and replace change, but a full-sized change) as well as closing off a zone and relocating all characters who are logged onto said zone(closure of BotFW), and let’s not forget map updating of several zones, and either increase of number of people able to play on zones. Adding daily reward chests for dungeons might a bit minor (since the event table change did not require a full game server downtime), but it’ll be far-reaching since you’re accessing all the said instances available in the server net, as well as adding extra preset space to the account data allocation.

The issue with the account wallet also counts, as you’ll have to take care in merging the data as well as adding on-login scripts to clear tokens from inventory and add the value to the preset account wallet. This one also takes a bit of time to run scripted in the server side, and shutting the game down will prevent any new updates to the server that might conflict the process. The addition of a new leaderboard for SoloQ also will take time, as the server has to create a new list from all accounts present in GW2.

Finally, the addition for the IP addresses of the new instances available might be last in agendum, as well as item listing updates, and when all is done, to compile all address and location data and uploading it to the patcher network.

TL;DR: Lots of scripts that require exclusive access to enable safe changing of a lot of internal values inside our accounts make the game have to be shut down to be ready for the next patch.

Addenum: and of course, tabulation of all token data from the LS.

(edited by Advent Leader.1083)

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

There HAS been another one before https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Server-Maintenance-Tonight-April-16-12AM-2AM-Pacific-Time
Not as long but still a lot longer than “just relog”.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Will they be adding in the QJ patch during the maintenance, or are they going to hold off on that until later in the day like normal?

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

woah 6 hours!omg does that mean they actually gonna test everything?too bad this falls right into the timeframe of wvw time with my guild :-(………

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Navzar.2938

Navzar.2938

Do something productive?

Read a book?

What is this book you speak of?

New item. Double click it to learn a new skill.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: psy.5437

psy.5437

Don’t you guys complain every one in the oceanic region is going to get slapped in their prime time – straight after work to around midnight or just a bit before.

That said though go do something else, least it’s not weekly maintenance and they need to make sure all our currency’s go into the right wallets :P

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I’m probably going to have to go 2 months without gw2, cry more.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

woah 6 hours!omg does that mean they actually gonna test everything?too bad this falls right into the timeframe of wvw time with my guild :-(………

They said “up to 6 hours”. The wallet stuff is likely to require schema changes on their database. That could take a while on large databases. Then you have to allocate time for verifying data and time to fix stuff in case things go wrong. It’s always better to reserve more time than you need and say “we finished sooner than expected” than “oops we need a few more hours … indefinitely”. Hopefully everything will go smoothly and they can finish early.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Huh… I wonder if this means the Queen’s Jubilee release will be active when I get home from work, or whether it’s just getting all the groundwork in place and the update still goes live tomorrow at the usual time.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: zeus.2375

zeus.2375

2am to 8am on a weekday, i’ll be sleeping/going to work…i win

Whoop whoop

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Esquilax.3491

Esquilax.3491

If I’m transconfigulating this correctly, that means 6pm august 6th -12am august 7th Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST).

Well that sucks, no GW2 for me tonight.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I have it as 5pm – 11pm my time, but I’m up in Brisbane and thus don’t have daylight savings. In any case, 6 hours is just their “worst case scenario”. If all goes well, maintenance might be completed within 2 – 3 hours.

And if it isn’t, well, I’ll be heading to bed early so I can get my Dailies done tomorrow morning before work. XD

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Nabrok.9023

Nabrok.9023

I REALLY hope they give us the “extended experience” promised before launch.

Even the ability to participate in Guild Chat or trade on the TP from a tablet or computer would be REALLY awesome.

That way, GW2 is never too far away.

This is coming through the API.

Authenticated API is in the works, once it’s here we will be able to create apps that do all that stuff.

“I’m not a PvE, WvW, or PvP player – I am a Guild Wars 2 player”
Tarnished Coast – Dissentient [DIS]
All classes

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

I’m going to take my daily nap. Fix lunch, maybe even prepare dinner in advance. Depends on whether it takes the 6 hours or 3-4 as before.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I just hope thy finally fix the servers.

As for me, I’m probably going to watch Game Grumps. Got a sonic 06 marathon I’ve been meaning to get to.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

6 hours with out GW2

Posted by: lunawisp.2378

lunawisp.2378

Do something productive?

Read a book?

Write a book! Or at least make a start. Doesn’t all have to be done at once. Some people have taken years to complete their masterpiece!

Found pottering around on Desolation (EU).
lunawisp was my peacebringer on City of Heroes – she lives on in memory as my gaming id.