6k achievement chest

6k achievement chest

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

i’m sure there’s quite a few people that have 6k and over achievement points, but i do believe the number of people below that mark is even more.
as someone who does not like to pve, my points are around 4.6k. and i really don’t see a way to get 1.4k achievement points in time for the radiant/hellfire mantle.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

but the reward system doesn’t disappear, so i don’t get what you mean when you say “in time” when you reach 6k achievement you’ll get it, no matter if it is in a week or in a month or more

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Right now if you’ve got over 6k you’re in the top 10% of players. However, the skins will always be there for when you do hit 6k. They aren’t a limited access thing or anything like that.

6k achievement chest

Lightsbane.9012

but the reward system doesn’t disappear, so i don’t get what you mean when you say “in time” when you reach 6k achievement you’ll get it, no matter if it is in a week or in a month or more

oh i thought this went away with the event

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Gele.2048

Gele.2048

10% hahah if u got 6k i got 9k almoust i dont feel like 10% maybe cuz 40% of my friend list got the same amount :P ps its not 10%

6k achievement chest

Posted by: MacLeod.4208

MacLeod.4208

10% hahah if u got 6k i got 9k almoust i dont feel like 10% maybe cuz 40% of my friend list got the same amount :P ps its not 10%

I have ~3800 achievement points and Guild Wars 2 Achievement Leaderboards says I’m in the 90th percentile. Granted, a lot of people got just a few achievement points and then quit the game, but that other poster was technically correct.

6k achievement chest

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

LOL. 9k puts you in the top 500 players in NA.

Not top 10%? LOL.

LOL.

6k achievement chest

Lightsbane.9012

Not top 10%? LOL.

LOL.

it really does. i just looked through the list…
although how many of those players are pve exclusive is probably…alot.

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You noticed just now that PvE is 90% of the achievement system? Lol.

Just focus on a couple of achievements each evening, then go WvW or something. Jump puzzles are generally easy points, especially if you can get a guild Mesmer to go along with you. Hell why not use the entire guild and make something fun out of it? I am sure there are plenty in the same position. Just pick a time and an achievement.

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Not top 10%? LOL.

LOL.

Actually, if you’re at 8k+, you farm AP. Be it doing dailies every day (not necessarily all of them) or going for all the Jumping Puzzles. You’re actively working towards achievements.

Just look at your servers top 3 pages and watch their activity over the course of one day.

HOWEVER

50% of all players (including inactive players) are at 1k or less AP.

90% of all players (including inactive players) are at 8375ish or less AP.

1000 of all players are at 8375ish to 12056 AP as of the posting of this.

Additionally, the mantle will always be available, you just have to reach the requisite. You might not be their with the first wave, but don’t complain. You have only yourself to push to work for it.

Think about it this way. If you were able to “immediately” get it since you’re that close. What about someone 1500 away from you. Shouldn’t they also be able to “immediately” get it since they’re close to you? Eventually it doesn’t become a symbol of growth and achievement, but it just becomes something everyone else has.

(edited by Esplen.3940)

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

9,238 points and climbing.

I do think WvW achievements need to be more realistic, but the reality is, there’s a lot less to do in WvW over all as an achievement than there is on all of PvE.

Still, they could add some new achievements to WvW if they wanted, maybe achievements centered around leveling different professions in WXP.

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

You noticed just now that PvE is 90% of the achievement system? Lol.

Just focus on a couple of achievements each evening, then go WvW or something. Jump puzzles are generally easy points, especially if you can get a guild Mesmer to go along with you. Hell why not use the entire guild and make something fun out of it? I am sure there are plenty in the same position. Just pick a time and an achievement.

That’s a really good suggestion. I love taking a big group of guildies to all go do a jump puzzle together. I mean I love jump puzzles as it is, but they’re a lot more fun with other people. And then you can help eachother figure them out and get through them, and I’m sure it makes them more endurable for those who don’t enjoy them.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Sorin.4310

Sorin.4310

Not top 10%? LOL.

LOL.

Actually, if you’re at 8k+, you farm AP. Be it doing dailies every day (not necessarily all of them) or going for all the Jumping Puzzles. You’re actively working towards achievements.

Just look at your servers top 3 pages and watch their activity over the course of one day.

HOWEVER

Additionally, the mantle will always be available, you just have to reach the requisite. You might not be their with the first wave, but don’t complain. You have only yourself to push to work for it.

Think about it this way. If you were able to “immediately” get it since you’re that close. What about someone 1500 away from you. Shouldn’t they also be able to “immediately” get it since they’re close to you? Eventually it doesn’t become a symbol of growth and achievement, but it just becomes something everyone else has.

Let’s recap:

90% of players (active or inactive) are at or under 8375. that means 10% are above

1000 players (active or inactive) are above

10% of players = 1000.

Total players, ever = 10000.

This is why you need to find the statistics yourself, instead of reading what others write.

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I do think WvW achievements need to be more realistic, but the reality is, there’s a lot less to do in WvW over all as an achievement than there is on all of PvE.

Still, they could add some new achievements to WvW if they wanted, maybe achievements centered around leveling different professions in WXP.

Considering we need to kill 1,000,000 yaks for Yakslapper and I’m sitting at a comfy 4,630 nearly a year after launch of dedicated/hardcore WvW play between The Professionals an Team Legacy, I’ve only got 2,000 more years until I get my title

6k achievement chest

Esplen.3940

Not top 10%? LOL.

LOL.

HOWEVER

Let’s recap:

90% of players (active or inactive) are at or under 8375. that means 10% are above

1000 players (active or inactive) are above

10% of players = 1000.

Total players, ever = 10000.

This is why you need to find the statistics yourself, instead of reading what others write.

All numbers are taken from https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na

When I say 90%, it means you’re 90%-99%.

50% is 50-59%.

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Considering we need to kill 1,000,000 yaks for Yakslapper and I’m sitting at a comfy 4,630 nearly a year after launch of dedicated/hardcore WvW play between The Professionals an Team Legacy, I’ve only got 2,000 more years until I get my title

Wait there is a title for killing yaks? Omg. New goal.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

6k achievement chest

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

4.5k is already top 90%. So don’t sweat it

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

6k achievement chest

Esplen.3940

Considering we need to kill 1,000,000 yaks for Yakslapper and I’m sitting at a comfy 4,630 nearly a year after launch of dedicated/hardcore WvW play between The Professionals an Team Legacy, I’ve only got 2,000 more years until I get my title :)

Wait there is a title for killing yaks? Omg. New goal.

Unrealistic achievement. See: this link for a full debrief.

There’s a previous post above that, but it’s mostly just a preface. Yakslapper is at the top of the post linked.

Good luck on your new full-time job!

:D

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Let’s recap:

That was a clear mistake. In fact, the 90% threshold is somewhere below 4k ap. 8375 is borderline top 1000

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

6k achievement chest

Esplen.3940

Let’s recap:

That was a clear mistake. In fact, the 90% threshold is somewhere below 4k ap. 8375 is borderline top 1000

The 90% ratio goes from 90% to the top 1000. The threshold floor starts at 3400, whereas the ceiling is 8300. This means that from 90%-~99.9% is within 3400-8300.

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Let’s recap:

The 90% ratio goes from 90% to the top 1000. The threshold floor starts at 3400, whereas the ceiling is 8300. This means that from 90%-~99.9% is within 3400-8300.

True, the displayed 90% range goes that way. The sentence i was addressing however said that 90% of all players are at or below ~8300 ap, which is heavily misleading when the bottom 90% doesn’t even reach 3500 ap. Someone with 3500 ap is already in the top 10%.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

6k achievement chest

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

My friends/followers list is hovering at the high 6k mark with me. I don’t think 9k is the norm for most groups, even with the crazy 11k+ers out there.

(edited by Tamaki Revolution.3548)