7.5k Hrs... IMO worse part of gw2 QQ rant.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Aeon.4127

Aeon.4127

World Exploration!! I cant tell you how long I have been sitting on some precursors. I have maybe 7-8 100%‘s and find it nearly impossible to do more. Some people out there might have it done, but I nearly begged a friend to do his 2nd 100%’er only to soon he stopped playing all together. This is fine 1,2, maybe 3 times around, but after that … if you’re not waiting on paint to dry or grass to grow you will find yourself forcing yourself to do this again (most ppl).

Suggestion after world exploration 3 allow people to buy the gift of exploration. I am not saying take off world exploration on all toons, the emblem near your name and the loot is fair enough. However locking legendaries from literally 1-200+ hrs (no not just one, I mean as you progress and continue going for ones you have yet finished) is kinda lame.

Tie this into Achievements 3 tiers, after Myani can sell them for 100 Spirit shards or something, at least Spirit Shards can be obtained from doing things you want, not seeing the same scenery over and over with 0% challenge tied into it.

pic added for clarity Its not difficult, just tedious and overall boring!!

Attachments:

(edited by Aeon.4127)

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

There was already an ‘instant WC thread’ about an hour ago and I still say no. Each one two has to be earned, not bought.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

You realize you’re like Warren Buffett whining about a McDonald’s coffee price, right?

Aeon.4127

There was already an ‘instant WC thread’ about an hour ago and I still say no. Each one two has to be earned, not bought.

sure earning it fine, but this is by far not challenging in ANY means, just absolutely boring… found myself finishing 75% of Hoelbrak just now, and trying everything in my power to not do this for the 8+ time… including making this post -_-

Aeon.4127

Tie this into Achievements 3 tiers, after Myani can sell them for 100 Spirit shards or something, at least Spirit Shards can be obtained from doing things you want, not seeing the same scenery over and over with 0% challenge tied into it.

Posted by: Manganese.2817

Manganese.2817

I’ll be honest, I’ve only done WC once. But once felt like enough, it felt like an achievement the first time and I did what Anet wanted and saw “all” their original content. I can’t really compare myself to those of you who have done it a billion times though.

That said, I HONESTLY don’t see the point of doing it again (from a game design perspective, gotta do what you gotta do for legendaries yo). The devs clearly acknowledged it was a sorta BS/busy work thing to make us do or why else give two gifts upon completion?

A simple but less tedious system(as the op mentioned, why the hell would you need or even want to “explore” a main city again, it just isn’t fun) would be to provide a bonus % to world completion after reaching 100% per character or something. So if you hit 100%, you get 10% off the required world completion on the next character to get a gift. Only needing 90% to get the gift on the next character would let you skip some of the more tedious zones, or at least the ones you hate the most. It wouldn’t change the cost in currency to make a legendary, only the time required to make additional legendaries.

Posted by: kamedin.4698

kamedin.4698

Whenever I see these complain about MC threads, I just think back to GW1 and how it was so much harder. When you do MC in gw2, good size chunks unlock for you, in GW1, you had to run up to the border of the map and run into the wall to get all the pixels you can get for the MC title. And that is all you got is a title, so be glad they didn’t make it so much harder than it could be. (or even more unrewarding)

Lyscir – Main Engi
[????] – HoD

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Once you do it once you should be able to buy the gift…. Stupid

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

penelopehannibal.8947

Once you do it once you should be able to buy the gift…. Stupid

Why?

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Aeon.4127

I’ll be honest, I’ve only done WC once. But once felt like enough, it felt like an achievement the first time and I did what Anet wanted and saw “all” their original content. I can’t really compare myself to those of you who have done it a billion times though.

That said, I HONESTLY don’t see the point of doing it again (from a game design perspective, gotta do what you gotta do for legendaries yo). The devs clearly acknowledged it was a sorta BS/busy work thing to make us do or why else give two gifts upon completion?

A simple but less tedious system(as the op mentioned, why the hell would you need or even want to “explore” a main city again, it just isn’t fun) would be to provide a bonus % to world completion after reaching 100% per character or something. So if you hit 100%, you get 10% off the required world completion on the next character to get a gift. Only needing 90% to get the gift on the next character would let you skip some of the more tedious zones, or at least the ones you hate the most. It wouldn’t change the cost in currency to make a legendary, only the time required to make additional legendaries.

Agreed, I would take any change to simply getting these after your first 1-3 times, it gets tedious, boring, and downright forces you to spend SEVERAL hours (It take almost 2 full metabolic primers with a Daredevil/shortbow/axe toy/perma swift/ and geared out for nothing but speed) simply to avoid every enemy you can, and grow hatred towards every NPC with a Heart over its head.

Whenever I see these complain about MC threads, I just think back to GW1 and how it was so much harder. When you do MC in gw2, good size chunks unlock for you, in GW1, you had to run up to the border of the map and run into the wall to get all the pixels you can get for the MC title. And that is all you got is a title, so be glad they didn’t make it so much harder than it could be. (or even more unrewarding)

Understood, However I am part of the GW1 Community as well and have achieved GMC/GWAM. Though at LEAST in GW1 a title is like finishing a MAJOR component to a legendary that legendary of course being GWAM, you 100% the GW1 Map and that’s it! did it feel more rewarding than 100%’ng GW2? YOU BET !

Attachments:

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

With all these threads complaining about map completion, I wonder if I’m the only one in the game that has the patience to do multiple map completions.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Aeon.4127

With all these threads complaining about map completion, I wonder if I’m the only one in the game that has the patience to do multiple map completions.

Maybe not the only one, but definitely one of few I commend you for having the patience. However eventually it gets just flat out tiresome, I started forcing myself after my 6 or 7th, now … ughhh…..

penelopehannibal.8947

You’re not the only one. There are plenty of people who have done it multiple times. They’re probably just too busy enjoying map completion to entertain the forums. It’s fun, a great way to level a character, earn karma, a little gold, maybe transmutations charges or keys, all rolled into one game mode.

Instant world completion threads are the new Mount threads it seems. I wish there was a gif of someone bashing a globe with a stick.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Aeon.4127

You’re not the only one. There are plenty of people who have done it multiple times. They’re probably just too busy enjoying map completion to entertain the forums. It’s fun, a great way to level a character, earn karma, a little gold, maybe transmutations charges or keys, all rolled into one game mode.

Instant world completion threads are the new Mount threads it seems. I wish there was a gif of someone bashing a globe with a stick.

You must be one of those guys who has 1 legendary and will be found QQ’ng in the forums like myself later dwon the road Feelsbadman lol gg.

feltthesalt :P

penelopehannibal.8947

You must be one of those guys who has 1 legendary and will be found QQ’ng in the forums like myself later dwon the road Feelsbadman lol gg.

LOL I must be then!

(I’ve made seven Legendaries, two Tyrian globes and a Globe of Whispers out of my gifts of exploration so far :P)

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Kreejaffa.3682

Kreejaffa.3682

World completion can be done easily in 72 hours of game time…and that’s slow. I’ve done it in less than 26 before. My average is around 34 hours for a character. I just watch netflix while zoning.

It’s honestly not that bad. Granted, I am one of those people that enjoys repetition. Maybe that’s why I have done 18…or is it 19 100%s so far…I can’t remember. I got to the point I was creating them, 100%ing them, deleting them, and starting over.

Maybe I should seek professional help. shrugs

Kreejaffa [Ferguson’s Crossing]
Leader of Looking For Gandalf [LFG]
Worst Commander of Ferguson’s Crossing (Self Proclaimed)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

See I handle map completion differently. As I’m running around doing stuff, going from place to place, I do easy stuff. I do a bit at a time. I don’t have to stay and finish a heart. I can go and destroy two centaur traps. Next time I run past, another two. I’m in these areas enough.

I’ll just gather and do other stuff and as I go, eventually the world is complete.

It’s only a problem if you have to do is now.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

LOL I must be then!

(I’ve made seven Legendaries, two Tyrian globes and a Globe of Whispers out of my gifts of exploration so far :P)

I have 16 of those Gifts of Exploration. Can they be donated to a guild to make those globes?

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Aeon.4127

LOL I must be then!

Lol, all good man some of us can do this and find genuine fun from it, but I just… cant… I will but it dosnt make me appreciate my #1 MMO of all time in any way shape or form. keep the rewards, increase them if you must, but after the 1-3 times you finish 100% finish a reward track that allows you to craft or use Shards as a currecny to get the gift. Again it’s simply my opinion, I am by no means enforcing this, as much as I wish I could lol!

My problem is in the pic… it hurts having that their for nearly a year withought progress. smh ; . ;

P.S. Sry if it sounded like I called ya out … #IrageQQ’d :P .

Attachments:

(edited by Aeon.4127)

Aeon.4127

LOL I must be then!

I have 16 of those Gifts of Exploration. Can they be donated to a guild to make those globes?

I envy you sir… so much…

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

LOL I must be then!

I envy you sir… so much…

They’ve been gathering dust in my inventory for year or two now. I’ll have 20 when I get around to finishing map on my Revenant and my Charrior. Unfortunately, if one doesn’t care for Legendaries there’s not much use for them.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Aeon.4127

LOL I must be then!

I envy you sir… so much…

They’ve been gathering dust in my inventory for year or two now. I’ll have 20 when I get around to finishing map on my Revenant and my Charrior. Unfortunately, if one doesn’t care for Legendaries there’s not much use for them.

True, I am glad that they at least made them usable through guild decorations, just wish they did a bit more for those not grinding for legs. gl with the 100%’s!

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Understood, However I am part of the GW1 Community as well and have achieved GMC/GWAM. Though at LEAST in GW1 a title is like finishing a MAJOR component to a legendary that legendary of course being GWAM, you 100% the GW1 Map and that’s it! did it feel more rewarding than 100%’ng GW2? YOU BET !

No, not really. GW1 had a terrible implementation.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The problem I see with catering to the OP’s desire to make gaining a Legendary weapon easier is this. There are many different players who want to make L. weapons. Many of them will dislike some part of gaining what it take to make the item. Once Anet sets the precedent that they will cave to one request to make the process less demanding, the flood of calls to eliminate the part of the process other players hate will flood in. There will be no justification to say, “No!” to those players once they’ve said, “Yes!” to the OP. This would have an overall detriment to the health of the game.

Aeon.4127

The problem I see with catering to the OP’s desire to make gaining a Legendary weapon easier is this. There are many different players who want to make L. weapons. Many of them will dislike some part of gaining what it take to make the item. Once Anet sets the precedent that they will cave to one request to make the process less demanding, the flood of calls to eliminate the part of the process other players hate will flood in. There will be no justification to say, “No!” to those players once they’ve said, “Yes!” to the OP. This would have an overall detriment to the health of the game.

Yes… I never said you Dont ever have to do world exploration at all, just not 10x to make all 19 core Legendaries. Again if this went by a number amount of time you have completed it, and then was only gated by other means, I wouldn’t mind, however it is forcing you to spend roughly 24+hrs doing the EXACT same thing that involves roughly 10% of your attention.

This will in turn push people away from the game when they realize they have to repeat the same content over and over again, let alone forcing you to either delete toons who have made it to 100% or purchasing new player slots.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Want it? Work for it.

What is it with people these days just not wanting to play the game. You’ve done it 3 times and do not want to do it again. Then don’t. No one is forcing you. And you can buy legendary weapons of the TP. Legendary weapons are easy to get. You can make them your self or buy them. That’s all there is to it really.

World completion is the easiest it’s ever been. It’s not hard. Yes it’s time consuming, but it’s supposed to be. Legendary weapons are supposed to take effort. every one of them. They do take effort. Even if you buy them, unless you buy them with real money but who is going to spend that much irl money on gems to gold, you still have to get a lot of gold together. With out good drops that could take longer than it would to do world completion. Not to mention the current price on mats, world completion is a gold mine.

Just play the game, people need to stop asking for ANet to cheapen everything about this game.

Work for it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Aeon.4127

Want it? Work for it.

What is it with people these days just not wanting to play the game. You’ve done it 3 times and do not want to do it again. Then don’t. No one is forcing you. And you can buy legendary weapons of the TP. Legendary weapons are easy to get. You can make them your self or buy them. That’s all there is to it really.

World completion is the easiest it’s ever been. It’s not hard. Yes it’s time consuming, but it’s supposed to be. Legendary weapons are supposed to take effort. every one of them. They do take effort. Even if you buy them, unless you buy them with real money but who is going to spend that much irl money on gems to gold, you still have to get a lot of gold together. With out good drops that could take longer than it would to do world completion. Not to mention the current price on mats, world completion is a gold mine.

Just play the game, people need to stop asking for ANet to cheapen everything about this game.

Work for it.

Lol…. please… read the post before calling people out… check the pic… work for it?… please… As it stands im simply gated by world exploration for the last legendaries i need everything else is done. If a “fix” gets implement seconds after I finish I would still be happy, since this is a driving force that pushes people away from the game. Again 3 times?… keep reading… thanks.

P.S. I will be ending my 2 cents on this topic as I dont like re-bumping my own thread to answer comments I have already answered, or are not directed to me. Either way everyone GL, and HF out there… I sure will try 2 ; . ;

Posted by: Zenith.6403

Zenith.6403

Map exploration in the original Guild Wars was the best! I actually had to visit every nook and cranny there to see the whole world. I remember the satisfaction when I finally found the last 0.2% and finally hit full map completion. The map wasn’t full of waypoints either, so you actually got to explore some wilderness!

Posted by: flog.3485

flog.3485

Just to add my 2 cents: the argument of OP would only be valuable if acquiring a legendary was some sort of mandatory or heavily incentivized stuff to access some part of the game. Legendaries are the most optional pixel detail of the game. It is nothing but a vanity item and you can already buy some of them on the TP. So no, no need to make it easier.

Posted by: Dragon.8762

Dragon.8762

I’ve done map completion 3 times, going on my forth soon, and it isn’t all that bad. You do get rewarded in a bunch of different ways for doing it, plus your not forced to just do map completion all day and do nothing else. Just mix it up with another activity.

Anyways, i usually watch a show or a movie on the side while I do map completion, makes it less boring and more relaxing.

Posted by: Ashandar.2570

Ashandar.2570

Nope, I’ve done it on 25 of my toons. I find it relaxing to just clear a map or two after a long day.

In due time, all will serve the asura.

Posted by: Skorpse.5978

Skorpse.5978

I barely have 50% map exploration done on my main character. I find the core of the game to be extremely repetitive and boring. After level 80, either you work on ascended/legendaries for hundreds of hours, work on PvP/WvW rank or you try to get more armor/weapon skins.
This game is all about character appearance, everyone is basically the same. I’ve learned that the hard way after playing for maybe 300 hours total. You can keep playing, but your character basically stays the same.
I understand the game is F2P, but that’s still very disappointing.

Posted by: Dasefex.4810

Dasefex.4810

people complained when they had to play wvw for map completion. Now your complaining you are bored. They are basically giving you gift of exploration now, suck it up and go do it. I honestly wish they would bring back wvw to complete map completion.

Fishy Joes 80 necro wvw
Digital Sacrifice Guild

Posted by: Zodiark.4985

Zodiark.4985

Legendary is sold on the TP. You can just but it.

BrotherBelial.3094

Want it? Work for it.

Work for it.

Lol…. please… read the post before calling people out… check the pic… work for it?… please… As it stands im simply gated by world exploration for the last legendaries i need everything else is done. If a “fix” gets implement seconds after I finish I would still be happy, since this is a driving force that pushes people away from the game. Again 3 times?… keep reading… thanks.

P.S. I will be ending my 2 cents on this topic as I dont like re-bumping my own thread to answer comments I have already answered, or are not directed to me. Either way everyone GL, and HF out there… I sure will try 2 ; . ;

Again, I don’t care if you have done it 3 times already. Woppy do! You want a legendary? Do all the work for it. They are cheapened enough that you can get them from the TP, take away the need to do things for it, then they might as well just be any other skin. Next thing you know people will want a box they can open and get everything, before long people will want games that play them self’s so they don’t have to.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

penelopehannibal.8947

Unfortunately not. The scribes have to own the Gifts of Exploration themselves in order to craft the globes.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Riku.4821

Riku.4821

What if instead of getting 2 for completing the world. It just checks off as done and you don’t need them for any future legendary? Like an achievement sort of thing.

Guild Leader of Lunar Tree[LT].
Officer of Power Overwhelming[ZERK].
First term Forum PvE Specialist.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

Yes… I never said you Dont ever have to do world exploration at all, just not 10x to make all 19 core Legendaries. Again if this went by a number amount of time you have completed it, and then was only gated by other means, I wouldn’t mind, however it is forcing you to spend roughly 24+hrs doing the EXACT same thing that involves roughly 10% of your attention.

This will in turn push people away from the game when they realize they have to repeat the same content over and over again, let alone forcing you to either delete toons who have made it to 100% or purchasing new player slots.

Then people who hate dungeons but want to make their own legendary go: we’ll I’ve done all of the dungeon paths several times, you should just give me the tokens necessary because I’ve proven I can do it already. And you guys did allow for this when you allowed players to get gifts of exploration without map completion if they’ve done map completion a few times.

It sets a very bad precedent for the game if they allow it.

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Again, I don’t care if you have done it 3 times already. Woppy do! You want a legendary? Do all the work for it. They are cheapened enough that you can get them from the TP, take away the need to do things for it, then they might as well just be any other skin. Next thing you know people will want a box they can open and get everything, before long people will want games that play them self’s so they don’t have to.

Lol.

What is it with these leaps in logic? I see this time and time again on the forums. People ask for one thing to be made easier and suddenly we’re on a slippery slope where no one actually wants to play the game, just collect loot and log off.

Is this all a bit tongue in cheek, a way of showing contempt for the OP’s view? Or are you guys genuinely unable to view these issues objectively.

I think enough people have expressed a distaste for repeat mapping that suggests this is an area that could be refined a little.

Posted by: Adry.7512

Adry.7512

Wellll then sir, you have a lot of time on your hands and dedication. I suggest you go master PvP and enjoy the challenge in PvP which is mind vs mind, skill vs skill. Solo I suggest to do 40% pve and 60% pvp from now on. You have exhausted the pve content….which is impressive. Also, I suggest doing achievements from now on.

BrotherBelial.3094

Lol.

What is it with these leaps in logic? I see this time and time again on the forums. People ask for one thing to be made easier and suddenly we’re on a slippery slope where no one actually wants to play the game, just collect loot and log off.

Is this all a bit tongue in cheek, a way of showing contempt for the OP’s view? Or are you guys genuinely unable to view these issues objectively.

I think enough people have expressed a distaste for repeat mapping that suggests this is an area that could be refined a little.

It is a bit tongue and cheek. But really, are legendary weapons not easy enough to get anyway? I mean you already have a choice. World completion too much work? You can buy the legendary you want from the trade post. Don’t want to buy one? Then do the work for it. Things don’t need to be made simpler. If one thing gets made simpler, what’s going to stop people asking for something else to be made easier?

Why do I have to play WvW to get the gift of battle? Why do I have to do dungeons/reward tracks to get the gifts, I don’t like these/they cost too much. These will be things people will ask for next.

People are already asking ANet to sell the level 80 booster in the gem store because they don’t want to level, or play game modes that award ToK so they can level them that way. Sure there reasons for asking for are valid for them. But at what point do we stop and ask our self’s, “what is left of the game to play?”

People want to skip levelling, skip exploration to get waypoint’s, now they want to skip world completion to get gifts for legendary weapons.

What will be next? I really want to know what else people want to happen to make the game even more easy. I really think alot of people want a “I win, give me everything” button.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

I actually support this – and I have no plans of getting a legendary.

Really, what I’d like isn’t quite the same. I want a map-maker NPC. Once you’ve completed the world completion, your other characters ought to be able to visit the mapmaker and have all the WP’s in the world unlocked, for a fee.

While this wouldn’t remove all the tedium from repeating world completion, it ought to help at least.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

After looking at your picture, one of 2 things come to mind. Either A, you bought most everything with a credit card. Or B you earned them. If you earned them, there is no way you can say you did Not do the same things over and over for more than 24 hours that requires more than 10% attention. No dungeon, even Arah requires more than 10% of your attention if you have a good team. Nothing below fractal 50-60 requires more than 10% of your attention if you have a decent team.

From a later post it appears you earned it, that is commendable. But if you are going to spend that much time doing the very thing you are complaining about which is doing the same things over and over to acquire those items it’s difficult for some to believe your sincerity.

For me and I may be wrong. You did the same things over and over many many hours for those items in your photo and now want the benefit of a menial time consuming task like mapping to make what you have worth considerably more. That’s understandable. Because lets be honest the profit in mapping is very low, in fact any decent mat farmer worth their salt can make considerably more farming than they could mapping a toon.

I feel most don’t want the free open waypoints because they are strictly tired of mapping but they want open way points for personal gain. I understand if that’s so and certainly don’t hold it against anyone who wish to have faster ways to acquire items/ gold. Doesn’t mean it’s the right thing for Anet to do.

I know I have a different outlook than most on map clearing I have mapped a considerable amount. It’s something I enjoy. Would you be ok if Anet came in an made all that you acquire pretty much worthless? Imo that’s what you are asking Anet to do for those who value their spent time mapping all their toons. Some people value their time as much as some value their possessions.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

See I handle map completion differently. As I’m running around doing stuff, going from place to place, I do easy stuff. I do a bit at a time. I don’t have to stay and finish a heart. I can go and destroy two centaur traps. Next time I run past, another two. I’m in these areas enough.

I’ll just gather and do other stuff and as I go, eventually the world is complete.

It’s only a problem if you have to do is now.

First of all I agree with OP – once you’ve done it a few times it becomes mindlessly tiring and not fun at all. I recently just finished map completion a second time – first time being on release- and it is a painful and boring experience.

Now to address Vayne’s points:

You’re right but only regarding your own play style. Even if you don’t need to rush ( I didn’t) map completion requires two distinct things:

-That you play in all ( or most maps) – which I don’t – nor do I have a reason to.
-That you play another character that hasn’t completed the map – which i very rarely do and then only in WvW/PvP or instanced content.

So yes – it isn’t so easy unless your enjoyment of the game and what you do in the game focuses on low-mid tier areas while playing alts. Which a lot of us don’t do.

I feel it’s fair that once you’ve done it once, maybe twice, you be allowed to have an alternative – spending gold/tokens/whatever – to save yourself the useless grind.

I get that it should be mandatory for legendaries- do it once – it proves you’ve been everywhere – seen everything.
Do it twice? Three times? Ten times? Why? What’s the point? It’s not proving skill, it’s nothing but the most boring and basic time-gate in the game.

And I’d accept even a time gated alternative – if it meant not having to do the same boring hearts over and over like a level 20 newbie.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Harper.4173

They already caved and did this when they listened to all the QQ from the carebears who couldn’t complete WvW map completion – so they took it out.
I don’t see why they couldn’t do it again.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

They already caved and did this when they listened to all the QQ from the carebears who couldn’t complete WvW map completion – so they took it out.
I don’t see why they couldn’t do it again.

TBH, I don’t think they took it out to appease the players who hated doing WvW for map completion.

I think they took it out because it would be hard to handle the fact that the borderland maps would be changing periodically. So the simplest solution was to remove WvW from the requirement. It just had a bonus benefit for those who hated going into WvW for map completion.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

For those who support acquiring the gift of exploration easier. Do you also support making the gift of battle easier for those who do not wish to wvw? I already mapped 15 toons through wvw when we had to to get 100%, Only made 13 legandarys sold 5 so I could afford the ones I wanted. I no longer wish to wvw. Yet I continued to map open pve. I currently only have 438 badges. Yet I need 27,500 badges to use with the remaining gifts of exploration I have. Should I be allowed to to purchase something to acquire gifts of war without having to do wvw since I no longer wish to wvw? Because for me wvw is mindless zerg doing the same thing over and over

Harper.4173

Yeah – you can see it that way – but then again they could always have done something similar with core GW2 maps.
Done WC once ? you’re done – and justified it with the fact that they would be adding new maps such kitten or DT.

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

And here I am with several thousand hours in the game with on my highest-map-completion character, a whopping 42%.

I can’t speak for whether or not we should reduce the time needed to get individual legendaries, as I am not a collector, but I will say that I can definitely get behind ways to achieve the gifts, precursors, etc. through means other than just repeated exploration of the same stuff on each character. Getting thousands of kills and captures in WvW, winning big in sPvP, achieving some dungeon or fractal status, leading hundreds through meta-events, or perfecting raid techniques should offer players a similar reward for their time, as some people, like myself, absolutely detest completionism in exploration. If I climb a mountain, it’s for the view and the experience of the journey in the way I did it. It’s not to get familiar with every rock or noteworthy aspect pointed out as being noteworthy by someone else.

Posted by: mauried.5608

mauried.5608

Likewise.
I cant even understand what the OP is complaining about.
Ive done map completion now on 4 chars and I dont even know what the items I got for it are for.
I just do map completion because its “FUN” , which is presumably why people play games.
Im pretty slow though, average about 1 zone every 3 days.