7.5k Hrs... IMO worse part of gw2 QQ rant.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Forum Bug is Buggy.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Forum bug?

Last map/world exploration I did, I used this site: http://www.postcount.net/index.php?pageid=tdwindex

I have done.. uh… 7 (?) 100% worlds and I think I have a couple that are close to 100% as well. You’ll find yourself taking on maps in a particular way or direction. Change it up and you’ll see the map in a different perspective.

I found that I got a massive change of perspective using Tour de Waypoint… and it had the benefit that it was also faster.

I also quite like breaking down maps- first run around grabbing waypoints (and POIs, skillpoints etc that you pass by). Gather as you run for a bit of material/money. Complete events if they help towards a task.

Do all maps like that to start with. Then you’ll have a good 60%+ in most maps. It doesn’t take much time to waypoint and complete tasks. Breaking things into bite-sized pieces makes things manageable and rewarding. It also means you can change up the environment more frequently (it’s nice spending 45 minutes in a dry, arid landscape and then moving to a snowy, foresty place). Also getting 3 map completion rewards in one (short) sitting is a great feeling.

Posted by: Aeon.4127

Aeon.4127

Forum bug?

Last map/world exploration I did, I used this site: http://www.postcount.net/index.php?pageid=tdwindex

I have done.. uh… 7 (?) 100% worlds and I think I have a couple that are close to 100% as well. You’ll find yourself taking on maps in a particular way or direction. Change it up and you’ll see the map in a different perspective.

I found that I got a massive change of perspective using Tour de Waypoint… and it had the benefit that it was also faster.

I also quite like breaking down maps- first run around grabbing waypoints (and POIs, skillpoints etc that you pass by). Gather as you run for a bit of material/money. Complete events if they help towards a task.

Do all maps like that to start with. Then you’ll have a good 60%+ in most maps. It doesn’t take much time to waypoint and complete tasks. Breaking things into bite-sized pieces makes things manageable and rewarding. It also means you can change up the environment more frequently (it’s nice spending 45 minutes in a dry, arid landscape and then moving to a snowy, foresty place). Also getting 3 map completion rewards in one (short) sitting is a great feeling.

Thanks for this! bordem level is still astronomical, however this helps me getting pass my 8th or 9th toon with 100% completion a bit easier, thanks again friend! have a good one!

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

The problem I see with catering to the OP’s desire to make gaining a Legendary weapon easier is this. There are many different players who want to make L. weapons. Many of them will dislike some part of gaining what it take to make the item. Once Anet sets the precedent that they will cave to one request to make the process less demanding, the flood of calls to eliminate the part of the process other players hate will flood in. There will be no justification to say, “No!” to those players once they’ve said, “Yes!” to the OP. This would have an overall detriment to the health of the game.

They already caved and did this when they listened to all the QQ from the carebears who couldn’t complete WvW map completion – so they took it out.
I don’t see why they couldn’t do it again.

While I agree that that was a mistake, I think that further caving could lead to even more demands for making things “less grindy” — whatever that means.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I actually support this – and I have no plans of getting a legendary.

Really, what I’d like isn’t quite the same. I want a map-maker NPC. Once you’ve completed the world completion, your other characters ought to be able to visit the mapmaker and have all the WP’s in the world unlocked, for a fee.

While this wouldn’t remove all the tedium from repeating world completion, it ought to help at least.

You know you don’t have to do world completion right? It took me less than 6 hours to grab every HC in the game bar 2 in DS that are locked behind masteries I don’t have yet. Now if I can get “all” HC’s that quickly. Waypoints would take way less. You could probably grab every way point in the game in about 2-3 hours.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I’ve done map completion 13 times. I just find it fun and do it in the morning when there’s no one to play with.
A long time ago I wanted to suggest to Anet something entirely else – make gifts of exploration tradeable. I’m no economist, so I have no idea how would that affect the market, but it seems like a very logical thing to do.

There are players, like OP, who do lucrative things exclusively, flip the TP and have buttloads of money. But they can’t be bothered to set foot in any other part of the game, especially if it doesn’t seem worth it money-wise.
Then there are players, like me, who do stuff they enjoy, even if it takes a lot of time and gives basically no reward. So far I’ve been only able to afford 2 legendaries (thanks to a LOT of time spent in the game) and have a lot of gifts sitting in my bank, unable to use them.

Why not let these two groups help each other out? Then people, who do map exploration and other stuff, will be able to sell their gifts and perhaps afford more stuff on their own. And people like OP won’t have to do map exploration if they have enough money to buy the gifts.
I’ve been meaning to offer people finalizing legendaries (me using my gifts of mastery) for some monetary compensation, but it’s really hard to trust a stranger, plus it might even be againt the EULA. If Anet were to somehow facilitate this process, it would benefit the whole community IMO since there are two groups of people seeking what the others have.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

you are so hardworking
i spent most of my time afking

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

The problem I see with catering to the OP’s desire to make gaining a Legendary weapon easier is this. There are many different players who want to make L. weapons. Many of them will dislike some part of gaining what it take to make the item. Once Anet sets the precedent that they will cave to one request to make the process less demanding, the flood of calls to eliminate the part of the process other players hate will flood in. There will be no justification to say, “No!” to those players once they’ve said, “Yes!” to the OP. This would have an overall detriment to the health of the game.

They already caved and did this when they listened to all the QQ from the carebears who couldn’t complete WvW map completion – so they took it out.

While I agree that that was a mistake, I think that further caving could lead to even more demands for making things “less grindy” — whatever that means.

And i agree.
Legendaries shouldn’t take time to make – but skill.

WC is a grind – you do it – you can’t fail it. Eventually you get it done. It’s a time gate.
Items of high prestige should have skill gates.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Harper.4173

Really, what I’d like isn’t quite the same. I want a map-maker NPC. Once you’ve completed the world completion, your other characters ought to be able to visit the mapmaker and have all the WP’s in the world unlocked, for a fee.

While this wouldn’t remove all the tedium from repeating world completion, it ought to help at least.

You know you don’t have to do world completion right? It took me less than 6 hours to grab every HC in the game bar 2 in DS that are locked behind masteries I don’t have yet. Now if I can get “all” HC’s that quickly. Waypoints would take way less. You could probably grab every way point in the game in about 2-3 hours.

The problem aren’t WPs, or HCs – HEARTS are the real problem. That and some vistas – because they take time.
While I agree that the vistas do take some skill – and I think that’s fine – the hearts are absurdly stupid.

They don’t require any amount of thought or skill – 80% of them can be done by just killing what’s around – but they take time. A lot of time. There’s 300 something of them in game.
If you spend 5 minutes on a heart that’s 1.5 minutes – that adds up to one whole day (25 hours) doing nothing but mindless droning.

Why?

penelopehannibal.8947

WC is a grind – you do it – you can’t fail it. Eventually you get it done. It’s a time gate.

I often wonder how many of the people who complain about World Completion being a grind actually go doing champion trains, or Silverwaste Chest farms etc. Farms which again, one can’t fail.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

I often wonder how many of the people who complain about World Completion being a grind actually go doing champion trains, or Silverwaste Chest farms etc. Farms which again, one can’t fail.

Exactly what I’m saying. If someone grinded out the mats or gold to make legendarys then they also did the same repetitive tasks over and over. Some who complain about WC will farm Orr, do SW chest runs for hours and hours, FS champs for hours and hours or dungeons over and over. Most which require being good at pressing 1 key or F. All these things can be done while watching netflix. imo the only difference between WC and the things mentioned, WC is not profitable vs time where repetitive farm is.

penelopehannibal.8947

Exactly what I’m saying. If someone grinded out the mats or gold to make legendarys then they also did the same repetitive tasks over and over. Some who complain about WC will farm Orr, do SW chest runs for hours and hours, FS champs for hours and hours or dungeons over and over. Most which require being good at pressing 1 key or F. All these things can be done while watching netflix. imo the only difference between WC and the things mentioned, WC is not profitable vs time where repetitive farm is.

Which makes me think the issue isn’t about how long it takes, or how difficult or mundane world completion is to these people wanting instant maps, but the fact there isn’t a nice shiny at the end of it.

Perhaps in light of ArenaNet giving 2 Gold for doing dailies, the rewards for completing each map could do with a slight boost? I bet people wouldn’t complain as much then.

Then again, I still think the ‘Make World Completion Instant’ threads are a symptom of the Level-80 boosts, and to a lesser extent, Tomes of Knowledge too. You get to 80 with a few clicks, and after a while, you realise your character is at just 2% of the world, and can’t do much with the skills they have until they’ve explored a bit. (I used my 80 Boost on a character already 80 for this very reason).

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Aeon.4127

Which makes me think the issue isn’t about how long it takes, or how difficult or mundane world completion is to these people wanting instant maps, but the fact there isn’t a nice shiny at the end of it.

Perhaps in light of ArenaNet giving 2 Gold for doing dailies, the rewards for completing each map could do with a slight boost? I bet people wouldn’t complain as much then.

Then again, I still think the ‘Make World Completion Instant’ threads are a symptom of the Level-80 boosts, and to a lesser extent, Tomes of Knowledge too. You get to 80 with a few clicks, and after a while, you realise your character is at just 2% of the world, and can’t do much with the skills they have until they’ve explored a bit. (I used my 80 Boost on a character already 80 for this very reason).

I just dont think you guys get it… I not once said I dont want to do anything and therefor give me gifts of exploration. And really farming Champ Trains, or Sw? There is a BIG difference between something that you do strictly for “profit” (I say that because their are better ways for going about it) to doing numb-filled 100% completion for the 9 or so times it requires to make all legendaries 10 if you add Twice Told Legend Achievement. Look I have said it before, tie them into a reward track and after you do it 3 times or so allow someone like Myani to sell them for a LARGE amount of spirit shards and maybe some obby shards, at least this would block the content not through the means of repeating the same content that requires a skill level of 3hrs worth of game play, but can be obtained via ANY other content in game that you might be doing that can provide a challenge(this is 1 of hundreds of ways they can go about introducing something that isn’t going to force people to do the same content that requires 0 skill). If you genuinely enjoy killing hundreds of hours doing something I and many others can do while asleep, thats great! However for many others we want to be able to move and do content thats actually challenging and fun. So stop accusing people of wanting nothing but freebies, I TRULY believe that all content should be in many ways grindy, challenging, and overall a great experience, WC ONLY provides the grind that once done, is absurdly needing to be repeated over 2-3+ hundred hours with as much skill as someone who has 3 hrs of game play.

Please read posts pass the first 2 sentences before outright calling people out, thanks and have a great day!

Posted by: Zodiark.4985

Zodiark.4985

Dude, you never need to do map completion. Legendary can be bought directly on the TP.

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Regarding map completion rewards…

I think one of the biggest problems I had was that the value of map rewards could vary so much. You get 2 pieces of gear, some material and either a black lion key or transmute charge, right?

Well, in the higher level areas (Orr maps, Mount Maelstrom, Fireheart Rise and Frostgorge) you are guaranteed two level 60+ exotics. If you’re lucky you could get a piece that has a rune or sigil worth 10g+. You could get a “named exotic” with a sought after skin. You could also land a black lion key and find something expensive inside a chest!

But then you could get two exotics worth like 60s a piece, try salvaging them and only get like 1 ecto between the two.

And the same applies to lower level maps. You could get like 40 soft or seasoned wood logs. Ka-ching. You could get a cooking ingredient that is worth a lot, too.
Or you could get 40 potatoes (or something) and feel super salty.

I’d feel great completing a map, only for that feeling of completion to disappear when you get a reward that is similar to a slap in the face.

A bit of randomness is wonderful, but the monetary range between rewards shouldn’t be as much as it is.

penelopehannibal.8947

I just dont think you guys get it… I not once said I dont want to do anything and therefor give me gifts of exploration. And really farming Champ Trains, or Sw? There is a BIG difference between something that you do strictly for “profit” (I say that because their are better ways for going about it) to doing numb-filled 100% completion for the 9 or so times it requires to make all legendaries 10 if you add Twice Told Legend Achievement. Look I have said it before, tie them into a reward track and after you do it 3 times or so allow someone like Myani to sell them for a LARGE amount of spirit shards and maybe some obby shards, at least this would block the content not through the means of repeating the same content that requires a skill level of 3hrs worth of game play, but can be obtained via ANY other content in game that you might be doing that can provide a challenge(this is 1 of hundreds of ways they can go about introducing something that isn’t going to force people to do the same content that requires 0 skill). If you genuinely enjoy killing hundreds of hours doing something I and many others can do while asleep, thats great! However for many others we want to be able to move and do content thats actually challenging and fun. So stop accusing people of wanting nothing but freebies, I TRULY believe that all content should be in many ways grindy, challenging, and overall a great experience, WC ONLY provides the grind that once done, is absurdly needing to be repeated over 2-3+ hundred hours with as much skill as someone who has 3 hrs of game play.

Please read posts pass the first 2 sentences before outright calling people out, thanks and have a great day!

Nobody has called anyone out. Especially not you. Did you actually read beyond the two paragraphs you quoted? If so, you would have seen that my discussion was not about you or your idea, but in reply to someone else. Have a good day yourself though.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Aeon.4127

Nobody has called anyone out. Especially not you. Did you actually read beyond the two paragraphs you quoted? If so, you would have seen that my discussion was not about you or your idea, but in reply to someone else. Have a good day yourself though.

Well then… if thats the case… I feel stupid… its a touchy subject for me since its something I put so much time into, and if misunderstand posts and their thoughts I apologise. gl/hf !

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

I am a firm believer that it is ‘convenience’ that has rotted the heart out of most mmorpg, but i think the OP’s suggestion has merit, if you have explored the entire map a few times you have paid your dues as it were and it seems reasonable to offer the gift for a fee after you have completed a few times.

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Posted by: kurfu.5623

kurfu.5623

You want the legendary? Either buy it, or do the steps to earn it.

What else would you like handed to you on the silver platter of the entitled?

Posted by: vesica tempestas.1563

vesica tempestas.1563

the empathy is not strong in this one ^^

if he has done world exploration 7-8 times that is hardly a ‘platter’

“Trying to please everyone would not only be challenging
but would also result in a product that might not satisfy anyone”- Roman Pichler, Strategize

Harper.4173

The thing is that the grind there results in profit – which can be used for anything.
The grind in WC only helps one thing. And is only useful after ALL of the grind is done.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I am a firm believer that it is ‘convenience’ that has rotted the heart out of most mmorpg, but i think the OP’s suggestion has merit, if you have explored the entire map a few times you have paid your dues as it were and it seems reasonable to offer the gift for a fee after you have completed a few times.

If they are going to offer the Gift as a fee then I would prefer making it tradable instead. Those who like doing world completion but don’t want to make a Legendary can sell it to those who want the Gifts but don’t want to do world completion. It would be advantageous to both sides.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: phandaria.4891

phandaria.4891

If they are going to offer the Gift as a fee then I would prefer making it tradable instead. Those who like doing world completion but don’t want to make a Legendary can sell it to those who want the Gifts but don’t want to do world completion. It would be advantageous to both sides.

Isn’t it possible if Aeon send all the mats to you and you make the legendary, then send it back to him? I believe all the other mats are tradeable.

Aeon.4127

Isn’t it possible if Aeon send all the mats to you and you make the legendary, then send it back to him? I believe all the other mats are tradeable.

I am trying to find a solution for everyone, and not me alone. It is a good idea, and this would be one way of doing it, however you wont feel as satisfied and unless you know the person their will be tons of posts on scammed precursors/mats. Thanks for an open mind, but yea im almost done making all the core legs, and know the pain people would have to go through over and over and over again, and would love to see a solution to this and not have something like legendaries be tied into a mind numbing tasks that would drive most collector’s away from the game.

Not saying Just a flesh wound.3589 isnt trustworthy btw lol, but if this method is used universally their be some shady crafters out there.

(edited by Aeon.4127)

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yes. That’s possible and people have teamed up to do this. However it requires finding a person who both has excess Gifts and who is someone you trust. (And crafting at the required levels?) There is also all the negotiation for a good price for the Gift. Like all player to player trades, it’s cumbersome and a way for people to scam others. Through the trading post would be better.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: stale.9785

stale.9785

My whole contribution remains unrelated to helping get WC, and more about getting WPs for my plethora of characters, without having to run there first.

I am, admittedly, lazy.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

@Aeon, Oh I do get it, mapping is pretty much a time consuming almost worthless rewards vs the amount of time need. If anyone understand where you’re coming from I do. On my main account alone I’ve done 34 toons to 100%. I have 7 more accounts but only one character on each account has 100%. Meaning I’ve done WC 41 times.

I would love to see Anet make them where they could be traded or sold. I currently have 55 Gifts of Exploration still unused on my main. The reason I haven’t used them I think of WvW like you think of mapping. It would require me to grind out 27,500 badges doing the same thing over and over. I hate the very thought of that.
If Anet makes Gifts of Exploration trade able or sellable or easier to obtain then they certainly should make Gifts of Battle trade able or sellable and easier to obtain. Some would even say the same about dungeon gifts.

The general line of thought for those who support Gift of Exploration being easier to obtain is, For those who did 100% multiple times they should be easier or another method to obtain those gifts. I mentioned in an earlier post I mapped 15 toons through WVW before the WVW change making where we no longer had to. Did enough WVW to make 13 legendarys. So by the same logic Gifts of Battle should be easier for me to obtain.

I never once said you were lazy or implied it. In fact it’s obvious you are not. My problem is 2 fold. If you have the gold/mats to make multiple legendary weapons then you almost certainly did the same things over and over. The other and imo more important to me. If Anet makes Gift of Exploration easy to obtain or where it can be sold/traded then they should do that with ALL the gifts. Do you honestly think for one second Anet will ever make Gift of Battle require less than what it currently does? Maybe when the Volcano in Mount Maelstrom freezes over.

I didn’t post the numbers of how many I’ve map for any sort of attention of comments. I posted them so you would understand I know what you mean about mapping and all that it entails. In fact most comments about an excess amount of time in the game are negative which is why I have refrained from posting any numbers in the past. I know people who have considerably more Gifts than I do. Making me but a moon lit shadow compared to them and their accomplishments.

(edited by danielrjones.8759)

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

And i agree.
Legendaries shouldn’t take time to make – but skill.

MMO rewards in general are more about persistence than skill. While there is harder content in MMO PvE, it never stays hard long enough to get all its rewards. Rewards are about keeping players’ wallets on the hook. If they were solely about skill, they’d be gained exclusively in PvP.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

The problem aren’t WPs, or HCs – HEARTS are the real problem. That and some vistas – because they take time.
While I agree that the vistas do take some skill – and I think that’s fine – the hearts are absurdly stupid.

They don’t require any amount of thought or skill – 80% of them can be done by just killing what’s around – but they take time. A lot of time. There’s 300 something of them in game.
If you spend 5 minutes on a heart that’s 1.5 minutes – that adds up to one whole day (25 hours) doing nothing but mindless droning.

Why?

Because they are there. They are not that hard to do. Most take under 3 minuets to do. And if you have a good fps build you can wipe through them quickly, and if you are really luck you’ll have an event active that will max the heart before the event ends. Come on if world completion was too easy people would ask to make it harder so that legendary weapons took some effort.

Everything other than the gift of exploration is easy, really easy to get. You don’t even need to play WvW to get the badges for the gift of battle. The AP chests give a load of them. You don’t even have to do dungeons anymore, you can play PvP/WvW and use the reward tracks to get badges for the gifts. World completion is the very last thing that takes any effort to get the legendary weapon..

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Aeon.4127

@Aeon, Oh I do get it, mapping is pretty much a time consuming almost worthless rewards vs the amount of time need. If anyone understand where you’re coming from I do. On my main account alone I’ve done 34 toons to 100%. I have 7 more accounts but only one character on each account has 100%. Meaning I’ve done WC 41 times.

I would love to see Anet make them where they could be traded or sold. I currently have 55 Gifts of Exploration still unused on my main. The reason I haven’t used them I think of WvW like you think of mapping. It would require me to grind out 27,500 badges doing the same thing over and over. I hate the very thought of that.
If Anet makes Gifts of Exploration trade able or sellable or easier to obtain then they certainly should make Gifts of Battle trade able or sellable and easier to obtain. Some would even say the same about dungeon gifts.

The general line of thought for those who support Gift of Exploration being easier to obtain is, For those who did 100% multiple times they should be easier or another method to obtain those gifts. I mentioned in an earlier post I mapped 15 toons through WVW before the WVW change making where we no longer had to. Did enough WVW to make 13 legendarys. So by the same logic Gifts of Battle should be easier for me to obtain.

I never once said you were lazy or implied it. In fact it’s obvious you are not. My problem is 2 fold. If you have the gold/mats to make multiple legendary weapons then you almost certainly did the same things over and over. The other and imo more important to me. If Anet makes Gift of Exploration easy to obtain or where it can be sold/traded then they should do that with ALL the gifts. Do you honestly think for one second Anet will ever make Gift of Battle require less than what it currently does? Maybe when the Volcano in Mount Maelstrom freezes over.

I didn’t post the numbers of how many I’ve map for any sort of attention of comments. I posted them so you would understand I know what you mean about mapping and all that it entails. In fact most comments about an excess amount of time in the game are negative which is why I have refrained from posting any numbers in the past. I know people who have considerably more Gifts than I do. Making me but a moon lit shadow compared to them and their accomplishments.

I respect that, and yea WC 100% is fine if you genuinely enjoy it, dosnt bother me in the slightest. As well as completing it imo 1-3 times is just fine after that it requires tons and i mean tons of patience on something that isn’t difficult. If you have 1k gifts of exploration I commend you for it, honest, but I spend my time at work and at home trying to get these and cant tell you how frustrating it is to choose between doing hard content to something I and sooooo many out in the community genuinely force ourselves to do. What bothers me is that everyone raises their pitchforks and torches saying I need to stop QQ’ng about making legendaries easier to get, when rather im simply implying to add content where it would be equally difficult, but does not require running around the map avoiding everything as much as you can and pinching yourself awake every few odd minutes. I would HATE the removal of WC 100% for the first few characters, but would LOVE if it wasn’t needing to be done 10 times at roughly 24-36 hrs per toon on content that is something you have already done and has no difference how you go about doing it.

Aeon.4127

Why?

Because they are there. They are not that hard to do. Most take under 3 minuets to do. And if you have a good fps build you can wipe through them quickly, and if you are really luck you’ll have an event active that will max the heart before the event ends. Come on if world completion was too easy people would ask to make it harder so that legendary weapons took some effort.

Everything other than the gift of exploration is easy, really easy to get. You don’t even need to play WvW to get the badges for the gift of battle. The AP chests give a load of them. You don’t even have to do dungeons anymore, you can play PvP/WvW and use the reward tracks to get badges for the gifts. World completion is the very last thing that takes any effort to get the legendary weapon..

I made more than half my legendaries before the removal of WvW exploration, and I can tell you that was annoying, but FAR from the main issue at hand. and suggesting that the gift of exploration is in ANY way hard to get is laughable, its a time consuming beast that will only be satisfied after feeding it several hrs of you time. Roughly need to 100% 10 times, from what I understand Geared toons strictly geared for WC takes 24 hrs, and non takes 36 hrs, that would be either 240 hours to 360 hours on average to finish. If this was tiered toward hard and challenging content this post would have never existed. Understand im not saying it shouldn’t take doing this at least 1-3 times, but after,… Again should be pushed to more challenging content, and maybe instead of gifts of exploration add a new reward so that those who do genuinely enjoy doing WC still get something for their efforts. That something would be something they can actually use rather than toss or not know what to do with.

As for the materials and everything else, you’re right can be obtained via other means such as tp/ap chests. But unless you’re pushing for your 2nd legendary at 30k ap you wont have enough. The TP materials will flip at the drop of a hat, and force you to obtain gold through other means which can only… Mean its going to push you into other content, or you wont make legendaries for the fact of not having the materials required. Badges, Karma, Dungeons, etc all this takes doing other content that have variables, lfg, tp market, event completions, the list goes on, WC … do it over again and again no variables, no challenge, no appropriate way of progressing.

(edited by Aeon.4127)