72 hours ... absurd

72 hours ... absurd

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TwoGhosts.6790

TwoGhosts.6790

So, 36 hours into what is advertised as a potential 72 hour wait I can’t help wondering why the F it might take that long for gems to actually arrive in my wallet.

I mean, it’s not like there’s much of a logistic, supply chain or distribution barrier… unless they are mining and cutting each gem individually.

It’s not an unexpected situation that people might invest in some gems on a Saturday morning with the intention (nay hope) of indulging in some Gem Store retail therapy on the same friggin weekend.

Soon it will be Monday.

Seriously Anet, this is disappointing.

~TG

PS – enjoying HoT so far.

72 hours ... absurd

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

If you ordered the HoT+gem bundle, then that’s just how it is; it does warn us when we purchase it that it can take up to 72 hours, at least. The 72 hour wait is simply there to make sure your card and info aren’t being used illegally.

72 hours ... absurd

TwoGhosts.6790

That’s what payment verification is for.
I’ve been using everything else I paid for for the last 36 hours.
The money has left my account.
Transaction complete.
One (partially) satisfied customer.
~TG

72 hours ... absurd

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

It undoubtably has to do with the contract they’ve signed with their financial insurance on charges and credit card fraud. If people didn’t steal credit card information then these types of waiting periods probably wouldn’t be in there. You’ll just need to wait it out.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

72 hours ... absurd

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

Doesn’t mean the method of payment you used was stolen. And I’m not implying you did use stolen information, but people have. And by the time Anet is informed it’s stolen, the gems are gone and passed off to other accounts.

And the purchase very clearly states that the gems can take up to 72 hours to arrive. You can be upset all you want, but you were warned when you made the purchase. If you didn’t read it, that isn’t Anet fault but your own.

And no, stolen information can get through payment verification. How else do you think people end up having to get new credit card numbers because of it?

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

72 hours ... absurd

TwoGhosts.6790

Yeah, I’ll have to wait it out, I know.
And as I said, I saw the 72 hour notice before purchase.
I just find it odd (and frustrating) that I’m waiting for this part of a single purchase.
Anyway.
At least it’s a bank holiday Monday tomorrow.
Who knows, maybe I can still spend some gems on my holiday, within 3 days of purchase.
Pfft.
~TG

72 hours ... absurd

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Yeah, I’ll have to wait it out, I know.
And as I said, I saw the 72 hour notice before purchase.
I just find it odd (and frustrating) that I’m waiting for this part of a single purchase.
Anyway.
At least it’s a bank holiday Monday tomorrow.
Who knows, maybe I can still spend some gems on my holiday, within 3 days of purchase.
Pfft.
~TG

From a post an ANet employee made, bank fraud is a substantial problem and it costs ANet a lot of time and money dealing with it. Their financial insurance provider is going to make them take any steps necessary to bring down the rates of bank and card fraud.
Waiting 3 days is better than having accounts defrauded because they don’t impose a wait.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

72 hours ... absurd

Posted by: Zedek.8932

Zedek.8932

PayPal payments are 100% instant. No matter if I buy gems or the game (HoT) itself.

Zedexx, sly Asura Thief/Assassin
and politically highly incorrect. (#Asuracist)
“We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!”

72 hours ... absurd

Posted by: Ellieanna.5027

Ellieanna.5027

PayPal payments are 100% instant. No matter if I buy gems or the game (HoT) itself.

Doesn’t mean it’s not fraud. You can argue about it for the Ultimate edition purchase all you want.

The 72 hours is to help prevent fraud. End of Story.

I’m a Moose, a ginger moose even.

72 hours ... absurd

Posted by: Oregon.5673

Oregon.5673

I mean, it’s not like there’s much of a logistic, supply chain or distribution barrier… unless they are mining and cutting each gem individually.

Wait… didn’t you get the lore memo, the gems come from the remaining dwarves that were turned to stone oh so many years ago. Each time they eat a burrito(or burrito like meal), a gem is the result. Why do you think Ogden is still around?
Then the skritt clean and polish the shinny(gem) to make ready for sale and distribution.
This really takes a lot of time….