75% off copies of GW2 During PAX weekend

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

link

Standard Edition will be $9.99, and all other editions will be 75% off. Also there will be double xp for kills all weekend.

The hype train has no brakes?

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

(edited by Errant Venture.9371)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Perfect time to buy extra accounts if you desire them.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Wow so for the same price of 1 char slot we can have a whole second account with 5….fantastic. I hope they get the word out as this is a phenomenal deal.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

So i can buy a standard version of the game for just over £6.50?
Would i have to make a completely different account or does it tie in with my existing account?

Ayrilana.1396

Would i have to make a completely different account or does it tie in with my existing account?

It’s an entirely new account.

Posted by: Cina Reas.6938

Cina Reas.6938

They are separate.

Grind Wars 2; the game that ate my brain.

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

ok cool thanks for the fast answer on the account info, if it is indeed so cheap i will get another copy.

Posted by: naiasonod.9265

naiasonod.9265

kitten. I think I might get me a couple more accounts. Sweet deal.

One is only the smartest person in the room if they are alone.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

$9.99 for infinite trading post storage, 4 guild banks, the ability to mail yourself, login rewards, more once per day/limited rewards and of course, abusing the personal loot/contribution system.

It’s too bad that ArenaNet doesn’t support multiple accounts under a single primary account.

(edited by Healix.5819)

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

Sounds like a sweet deal, and perhaps their announcement, whatever it is, is not that far in the future.

Posted by: Azure The Heartless.3261

Azure The Heartless.3261

If the Pax announcement is an expansion in the works, ill hold off on this since the expansion might be a good portion of the original game’s value if not more/equal, and would require me to buy it for both accounts since I dont want to dedicate those slots to mules.

Resident Disgruntled, Coffee-drinking Charr.
Zarin Mistcloak(THF) Valkyrie Mistblade(WAR) Kossori Mistwalker(REV) Durendal Mistward(GRD)
I used to think (build op, pls nerf) like you, but then I took a nerf to the knee.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

By Ogderns hammer, what savings!

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

link

Standard Edition will be $9.99, and all other editions will be 75% off. Also there will be double xp for kills all weekend.

A single train can’t carry this level of hype.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Looks like they want to add another rocket booster to the hype train…Man if this train crashes I don’t think there will be anything left…

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

I’m guessing ANet is expecting that their announcement will be so amazing that they’ll have a flood of new players.

$9.99 for infinite trading post storage, 4 guild banks, the ability to mail yourself, login rewards, more once per day/limited rewards and of course, abusing the personal loot/contribution system.

Too bad I’m too lazy to own multiple accounts. It actually sounds pretty nice.

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Too bad I’m too lazy to own multiple accounts. It actually sounds pretty nice.

It’s not just a laziness thing. Some people (like me) don’t really enjoy playing characters who are separate from the account unlocks and such.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Ayrilana.1396

You can also make the argument that the sale was to get new players to play the game while justifying a ~$40 expansion assuming there is one. The game becomes more appealing if you only have to spend ~$50 for the game plus expansion compared to ~$80.

Chrispy.5641

Looks like they want to add another rocket booster to the hype train…Man if this train crashes I don’t think there will be anything left…

Depends…has Anet considered the Nuclear option yet?\

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Hrrm, I showed it to one of my friends I wanted to play and he said “id rather buy a rubber v*****.”

Why it so hard to get my friends to play this? XD They better do something amazing during PAX…

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Chrispy.5641

Hrrm, I showed it to one of my friends I wanted to play and he said “id rather buy a rubber v*****.”

Why it so hard to get my friends to play this XD They better do something amazing during PAX…

Does your friend play other MMO’s? If so, there’s your problem.

DarkWasp.7291

Why it so hard to get my friends to play this XD They better do something amazing during PAX…

Does your friend play other MMO’s? If so, there’s your problem.

I think his friend really just wants that rubber thing.

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

This is good news… for hackers.

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

Yep, all hackers and gold sellers rejoice now…And ofc think of troll army in wvw…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Sounds like a great deal!

Make sure to turn your whispers off for the next couple of weeks. I’m sure not only fans will be snapping up game accounts at this low cost. =(

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I’m severely tempted. Not that I have any real use for a second account other than to be a co leader to invite myself back if I accidentally leave my storage guild but darn. This sounds sweet.

DarkWasp.7291

Hackers gonna hack, not browse deals.

Posted by: apheCS.7036

apheCS.7036

Taken from the official post:

“Level up an existing character or explore a new race and profession with a new one. Either way, you’ll level up faster than ever.”

Explore a NEW race AND profession? OMG!!!!

Chooooooo Chooooooo!

Rephlecs – Human Thief | Seafarer’s Rest | EU
Guild: World Guardians [WvW]

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

“Level up an existing character or explore a new race and profession with a new one. Either way, you’ll level up faster than ever.”

Chooooooo Chooooooo!

Reading too much into things syndrome.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Chooooooo Chooooooo!

The implication is that they’re new to you.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Hylgeriak.8250

Hylgeriak.8250

that’s the worst possible moment for The Elder Scrolls Online that went b2p today ^^ not only GW2 is given away for almost free, but there’s also the addon announced this weekend. Man their forum is such a hate fest…never seen anything comparable lol

Kyrgyz Manas – Gandara[EU]

Posted by: ckotoc.5421

ckotoc.5421

If hot is an expansion i will keep the money for hot.If it is a big update i will buy a second account for sure.I want a second account for non asura characters

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Rubber volleyball? Yeah I’m not seeing it. I even googled ‘rubber v’ nothing.

I think his friend really just wants that rubber thing.

What is it!? A Vacuum? A vegetable? Oh wait, I think I get it now…

Chooooooo Chooooooo!

This train is out of control! If we go any faster the air friction alone will set us on fire!

Astral Projections.7320

Is the Standard Edition the same as the Digital Heroic Edition? I would prefer to buy it directly from off of this site if possible.

Chrispy.5641

Chooooooo Chooooooo!

This train is out of control! If we go any faster the air friction alone will set us on fire!

I heard the sonic boom from halfway across the country as the hype train broke the sound barrier.

Is the Standard Edition the same as the Digital Heroic Edition? I would prefer to buy it directly from off of this site if possible.

They’re two different things.

DarkWasp.7291

Chooooooo Chooooooo!

“Meanwhile on Tyria, it’s a level up love-fest. Players who jump in and play Guild Wars 2 will get rewarded double XP and can purchase additional boosters for 15 percent off throughout the weekend. For anyone who wants to level up their current characters or explore a new race and profession, your time is now.”

More context.

Definitely referring to profs/races that are new to the individual, not to the game.

/Shuts one booster valve on the back of the hype train.
Not just yet people! 2 days!

Posted by: OreoWolf.9564

OreoWolf.9564

Digital Heroic Edition = Standard Edition ^^. It will be $9.99 this weekend only on the Guild Wars 2 website. Better yet, the Deluxe version will be on sale for $15, so no reason to be cheap about it!

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

All digital versions bought off this site will be 75% off, they just specifically listed the cheapest one to sound as low as possible. You get a few nice things with upgraded versions.

Astral Projections.7320

Digital Heroic Edition = Standard Edition ^^. It will be $9.99 this weekend only on the Guild Wars 2 website. Better yet, the Deluxe version will be on sale for $15, so no reason to be cheap about it!

Ah, great. Ty for the answer.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

All digital versions bought off this site will be 75% off, they just specifically listed the cheapest one to sound as low as possible. You get a few nice things with upgraded versions.

To be fair, there are only two editions…one for 10 dollars and one for 15. Not much of a loss leader advertisement. =P

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Wow so for the same price of 1 char slot we can have a whole second account with 5….fantastic. I hope they get the word out as this is a phenomenal deal.

As someone whom has several accounts, please realize the downfall that comes from not being able to share the best items/gear between them all. The past year “account binding” has increased dramatically. People are complaining about the grind, like in the Silverwaste right now. Multiply that by several times and you can imagine what having multiple accounts is like.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

Think about it 2 accounts twice as many characters that will be stranded in Tyria because Cantha and Elona don’t exist.

Posted by: JUN YANG.4328

JUN YANG.4328

75% OMG, Anet is that how you try to cover up, players lost? this wont help. just make the expansion!!!!!

Posted by: Lisa.6102

Lisa.6102

As a horder of the worst kind This may be very handy just for storage alone.

Astral Projections.7320

As someone whom has several accounts, please realize the downfall that comes from not being able to share the best items/gear between them all. The past year “account binding” has increased dramatically. People are complaining about the grind, like in the Silverwaste right now. Multiply that by several times and you can imagine what having multiple accounts is like.

^

One one hand I’ll probably get an extra account. Mainly, It can be a co leader to my storage account (which has stacks of mats and some weapon skins I’m holding onto for later sale). This might be sufficient use for an extra account. I read one thread where a guy accidentally left his storage guild and lost everything in it.

On the other hand, any other uses? Not sure. Perhaps extra guild storage and ability to mail somethings across accounts. Pretty meager.

I had 2 accounts in Guild Wars 1 but there was less inventory space so the other account was useful as a bank. The number of account bound items in this game puts a severe crimp in the usefulness of extra accounts.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

Wait what’s the benefit of multiple accounts if most items are soulbound/accountbound?

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Posted by: Ozgar Heavyhammer.6701

Ozgar Heavyhammer.6701

75% OMG, Anet is that how you try to cover up, players lost? this wont help. just make the expansion!!!!!

The game is nearing 3 years now, price drops like this is a common sales tactic. Especially with the major announcement Saturday this sale is unsurprising.

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

Are you joking? You must be new to MMO’s.

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I don’t think this is what’s going on. I think they are just trying to lower the entry cost for new players to get the game plus expansion. I don’t think potential new players would be enticed to play if they had to spend $50 for the game and then another $50 for an expansion.

I see this as a good thing. I see it as a sign something really big is coming.

This is the same type of thing Blizzard does right before announcing/releasing an expansion.

JUN YANG.4328

so tell me what its the point by making 75% off in short period of time??? for me anet get this promotion to get more players. so more players have more chance to spend on TP.
because now Gw2 lost lot of players.

JUN YANG.4328

if so why they dont lower the price. after expansion launch??