750 Karma :)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

So besides having to sacrifice my first born child (<- fun with hyperbole) to buy a waypoint ticket to Orr to maybe pick up an Obsidian Shard, is there anything that is reasonably close to the center of the world (no waypoints and a short to medium jog is a bonus) that I can buy with karma (750 or more) that is relatively useful that I might not have considered? And obsidian shard is the only thing I use from time to time that I can think of that uses karma.

I do have a 79 that will need an exotic back piece soon, and I usually get those with karma, so I suppose I could do that, but she doesn’t have any of those way points open so I’d have to run all the way there, which I’m not feeling up to today.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cloth_Crab_Grabbin%27_Gloves and MF to linen.

Regardless, 750 karma is about 3 silver in gold IIRC. You can just buy stuff and trash it.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Alternatively, Orrian Jewelry boxes. Convert karma to cash (or lodestones) directly.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

notebene.3190

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cloth_Crab_Grabbin%27_Gloves and MF to linen.

Regardless, 750 karma is about 3 silver in gold IIRC. You can just buy stuff and trash it.

That’s true. I guess I could just buy a weapon skin I don’t have from one of the cities.

Thanks.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can purchase alcohol with Karma to use toward your Thirst Slayer Achievement. (Found in Cragstead in Wayfarer’s.)

And, of course, recipes for any crafting discipline you might not have yet purchased, as well as Chef mats.

notebene.3190

Thanks again folks. Yeah, in hind sight, it was a silly question. It’s been awhile since I’ve bought anything other than shards and realized there really is a lot to buy.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

As to your level 79 that will be needing a backpiece, if you have any crafting to 400, you can craft an exotic backpiece with selectable stats. It’s actually slightly better stat wise, even though it’s not level 80, than a level 80 backpiece. You can even put a +4 or +5 infusion in it.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You can purchase alcohol with Karma to use toward your Thirst Slayer Achievement. (Found in Cragstead in Wayfarer’s.)

And, of course, recipes for any crafting discipline you might not have yet purchased, as well as Chef mats.

I’m gonna have to try to remember that next time we get it (if its still in the new system).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If you are talking about Cragstead, it is still there, and the vendors within are still available. I just used it. =)

Oh! You meant the new Dailies! Oh, I don’t know what we will be getting with that. Probably not any Karma Spender-type tasks.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

If you are talking about Cragstead, it is still there, and the vendors within are still available. I just used it. =)

Oh! You meant the new Dailies! Oh, I don’t know what we will be getting with that. Probably not any Karma Spender-type tasks.

Mmm spend some karma to get even more karma?

Posted by: Mastermavrick.2439

Mastermavrick.2439

I just buy x3 fine salvage kits off racial weapon karma vendors in BC/Hoelbrak.

The Revenant Apostle [Rvnt]→ DragonBand
Kaiji Ruko – 80 Ranger, Revanat Shadowdeath – 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Thanks for that tip. Never thought of that. Drinking 100 and a bit drinks for daily ap doesn’t sound to bad. especially since it progresses thirst slayer.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

Here are some locations for the alcohol for Thirst Slayer and it shows which are the Karma vendors. Keep in mind each drink counts as a certain number for the achievement progress. Karma alcohol is usually only 2 or 3 points. There are only 5 drinks that count 16 points towards the achievement and only one of those (Bottle of Sunken Wine) are bought by karma but that is very pricey. (I think that is also one of the collectible wines).

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Alcohol