8,000,000 back piece skins in my bank

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Brigg.3961

Brigg.3961

… and only 9 characters. Will there ever be a way to implement all skins to use a system similar to zenith skins? I love the skins I have, and would be willing to use them if I could change them out for cosmetics only.My tequatl wings are rotting away with my oilspark backpack thingie and my antitoxin injector. My SAB backpacks are losing pixels! And my watchwork shoulders are getting rusty.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80
Dropbear Massacre, Necro Main

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I have a lot of unused ones as well~ they end up more as mementos than actually being used most of the time since I can only use’em once.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Etien.4601

Etien.4601

That way you can buy more bank tabs

Drop Acid Not Bombs (Richie Hawtin)

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

I feel you and was just thinking the other day if they are ever going to give us other things instead of back pieces.

I have been able to use most of mine by setting them with different sets of stats and when I want to change the role I play with my group I swap to a different back piece. So when I want to do more healing, I swap to my Mace/Focus and use my pink quaggan backpack because its got healing stats. Normally I use the white flower back piece from the Southsun event because its got power/precision stats. I also have a red flower back piece with the same stats that I swap out depending on what I set my armor dye to (which I switch occasionally).

I also have wings from the Dragonbash event but that’s on my Necro, and a killer whale backpack that’s on my Engineer, and a charr backpack on my Ranger.

And still I have one of those dream catcher back pieces, and a green quaggan backpack, and now the new spinal back piece. I suppose that eventually I might get to the point where I use these as alternatives for each of those alts, but I’m not quite there yet.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

If you not gonna use them, delete them.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: defrule.7236

defrule.7236

They had the festival hat maker in Guild Wars 1. You show him the hat and he remembers it forever, you can go back to him to make hats he knows over and over.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’m holding onto my collection in anticipation of the merging of the PvE/PvP locker skins, which may allow us to have a collection where we can permanently store our skins.

Brigg.3961

I was just reading up on that, but wasn’t sure if it will work that way or not. I REALLY hope it does!

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

you can create more charater. and put the skins on a mule by paying for the splitter.

Brigg.3961

I already have 9 characters (one of each class and two eles). I don’t want to make any more characters… not until a new class or race can replace that second ele. Even with that, each of my characters currently have back skins already (sun catcher, scerelite carapice, fervid censer, desert rose, rox’s quiver, shattered and regular holo dragon wings, and a SAB toad backpack… the second ele doesn’t get one). I still have at least 6 others in my bank that have no homes. If they’d let engi’s skin their weapon kits separately, I could use up three of them, but I’d still have some left over as well as any future skins that they introduce. I have held off making the dwayna and grenth back pieces because of this. If they make these available to withdraw from the pvp locker at whim, I’ll be one of the happiest players in the game, even though some of the skins aren’t even really skins, but actual backpieces.

HoD [STRM]
All classes, level 80

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

I have unlimited skins in my GW account.

Aren’t we glad Nexon got involved?

It’s crap like this that will eventually (a pessimist being an optimist by using the word eventually) cripple this game. I could say more but I’d get infracted, I’ll save it for GW2 Guru – Tyrian Assembly.

(edited by Paul.4081)

Posted by: Imbune.5497

Imbune.5497

…and lose out on those transmutation crystal sales? Pffft-HELL NAW!

When free speech ends, tyranny begins.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their proper name.

Posted by: BlizzShark.5410

BlizzShark.5410

We need this arenanet! im sick of having many skins on bank waiting for this system. Just make skins like the achv skins!

[PTF] BlizzShark | Seafarer’s Rest

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Look. They want you to buy more bank tabs and more transmutation stones.
Why would they add something that would kill their business?

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I think there’s room for compromise. The following is a suggestion I posted for an Armor Locker many months ago:

1. Skins which are earned via AP’s or the completion of meta achievements go into one tab. These skins can be withdrawn from the wardrobe as many times as you want for free, similar to the way Zenith skins work now. (For convenience, put the HoM reward skins in here too.)

2. All other PvE skins must be unlocked by putting an existing copy of it into the PvE wardrobe. Both weapons and armors can be unlocked in the wardrobe this way. Once unlocked, you can generate additional one-time use copies of the skin by paying either Transmutation Stones (creates a version that works for any item up to level 79), or Transmutation Crystals (can be used for all levels). These skin copies are account bound, so they can’t be sold.

This allows players to gradually build up a wardrobe of skins they like to use, and don’t have to waste inventory/bank space holding multiple sets of armor or weapons. At the same time, ANet also gets to keep its lucrative transmutation market, since you still need Stones/Crystals to generate additional skin copies.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

If you not gonna use them, delete them.

Or transform them into PvP skins.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I have 9 level 80s and 8 of them are using a vanity backpiece, the 9th is now a mule and holds my extras. I’m not even sure what she is storing now. The green Quaggan one and a Windcatcher one for sure. I have recipes for the dwayna one and the new Spinal one. And this is just the beginning I’m sure, of what I’ll get and stash away. I would love to have a wardrobe or equivalent so I can actually use the rewards I’m getting instead of letting them collect virtual dust.

Posted by: biofrog.1568

biofrog.1568

I like the Festival Hat Maker idea from GW1, but there are a lot more skins than there were festive hats.. Could add a few game-play elements to it though!

Call it a Stylish Crafter, where any skin you get you can -> Right Click -> Learn to add the skin recipe to the Stylish Crafter. Make recipes a mix of any and all things that are obtainable and related to that skin (ie: like gift of blades being made from items that are permanently available).

That way, swapping back items all the time isn’t something you want to do, but if you really want to get a particular skin back, you always can!

also, capes

“There’s no lag but what we make.” – biofrog

Posted by: Zahld.4956

Zahld.4956

An outlet feature not available soon enough right? Armor achievement collectors? As the collection game amasses it’s inventory.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

This. So long as there’s a chance that just one user in the entire game might open their wallet to buy more bank space due to all the skins piling up, you will never see a skin locker of any sort.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

This. So long as there’s a chance that just one user in the entire game might open their wallet to buy more bank space due to all the skins piling up, you will never see a skin locker of any sort.

I guess you said the same about dungeon tokens and badges of Honor before they introduced the free wallet.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I’m definitely in support of a system that treats all of these “unique” skins like the Zenith skins. Or better yet, make all PvE skins work the way PvP skins do. Have a locker. The locker can be in your home instance. I’m pretty sure they want people to go there more since they keep adding various nodes/SP/etc to them.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I too have a plethora of LS leftovers. I suggested a vendor for after the last LS patch for us to lighten our bags of all the random stuff we’ve accumulated over the year+.

As for the backpieces specifically, I like the different tiers having different appearances. I hope in the future we’ll see more of this. Maybe the next one will be shiny and get more and more shimmery as you upgrade it. Or covered in fire or dripping with toxin or filled with stuff.

The 1st tier of the latest backpiece (without the blades) is a poor man’s molten jetpack.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)