[80] What Now?

[80] What Now?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: andyMak.6985

andyMak.6985

So i reached 80, i played a bit as one class and got 80 lvling through the world then i wanted a different class right away so i Made another Character usingCrafting.
I got all my crafting to 400 and tailoring to 500

Now that I’m happy with a class I’m looking for things to do. 80 seems like a completely new game and looks fun and exciting
so far i’ve been suggested:
- personal story
- living world
- hoT
-Legendary Weapon Grind
- World Completion
- Dungeons
- Fracs

I’m More into PVE not PVP or WvW
Now i’m defiantly Keen for all the stories and world completion, but when it comes to dungeons and Fracs, whats the end goal here?
I purchased full berserker exotics from TP and was then told that even i go through dungeons i’ll still be getting the same stats on their amor.

Is there anything else to do here? Fracs, am i building towards anything? or is it just for fun? try to get to highest level.
I guess I’m more looking at is there anything i should be building towards and collecting?
It seems achievements are a big thing at 80.

And actually writing this, i realise theres a lot to do but yeah, anything else I’m missing i could do (besides wintersday)

[80] What Now?

Posted by: Rayden.3695

Rayden.3695

Not missing anything really, and there isn’t any specified “goal” after you hit lvl 80, unless you set one for yourself. Just try out a little of everything and then just do the things that are to your personal liking. Do note that you can combine these things, like gathering material for asccended gear or a legendary while doing world comp and so on

[80] What Now?

Posted by: MrNumnut.2635

MrNumnut.2635

I’ll suggest you to rush nothing and have fun.

Nothing is a ’’must’’ you should just do whatever you feel like, and enjoy the most.

My Guild Wars 2 day since i’m lvl 80: 2 hours of bosses, some daily gathering (love to hoard goodies) and possibly some PvP daily achievements.

While the game offers alot more, these are the things i enjoy.

Oh, and don’t forget leveling those masteries, but that wasn’t exactly fun. (just my opinion)

[80] What Now?

andyMak.6985

Cheers,
I rushed to 80 but just gonna have fun now

[80] What Now?

Posted by: AsurasRCute.4136

AsurasRCute.4136

Few things I personally found:-

The Pact Commander Mastery line is full of nice roleplay flavour and a huge QoL buff, so worth getting. YMMV on how fun earning the necessary Mastery Points is [some ups and some downs for me].

The cost of crafting Ascended gear is just about worth it, and involves time-gated mats; so the sooner you get cracking on this, the better.

I love the overall look and vibe of the core game (not so much the HoT stuff), so still have tons of the map to explore, and things to do, long after hitting 80.

Some classes (including some of their weapon subsets) are just intrinsically better than others. Since the one that I enjoy playing the most appears to be about the worst subset of the worst class in the game, I’ve had a lot of fun endlessly tweaking my build to squeeze as much out of it as I can get; and sharpening my skills in some of the tougher maps.

I find this really satisfying, and it gives the game a lot of longevity for me. Probably wouldn’t apply so much to a naturally stronger class, so YMMV there.

[80] What Now?

andyMak.6985

I got a 80 thief. Last time I played it the super adventure box was just out. That’s when I quit playing. Got a necro to 80 and wanted ele as it looks fun.
Lvled ele using crafting and want to make it my main
I know the rotation for d/f from metabattle but suck at it so will practice if I can ever find practice dummies

[80] What Now?

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

- personal story gives you a fair exploration of the world and a special weapon at the end

- living world, if you havent already,you need to unlock the LS2 in order to play trough it. This takes you trough some new maps and shows you a new massive skritt jumping puzzle, new stat sets (if you want them), the ability to create mawdrey and a few other nice things
- hoT- you play in the latest ,newest zones, you progress trough your masteries that allow you to explore new corners of the zones. This is a great thing if youre into pve,events with harder mobs than in the core game,and you simply wish to explore new stuff. (comes with lots of new different rewards)
-Legendary Weapon Grind- You will have to 100% map complete the core world, or start the precursor crafting mastery if you wish to go for the new legendaries. While its a grind, it can be pretty fun
- World Completion- you do it for the original legendaries, or just for fun
- Dungeons- you can still make a nice amount of gold if you do these on a regular basis. You get tokens for special craftings, or just spend them on weapon/armor skins you wish to combine and make your armor set a more “unique” look
- Fracs-This is considered to be a progressive challenge where gear, skill, and knowledge of the instances matter. One could say this is (besides the new super hard raids) the end game pve. It has gear grind (ascended with AR infusions), it scales with difficulty, and has its own unique rewards not available anywhere else (skins, and even a back piece)

[80] What Now?

Posted by: simplesimon.2084

simplesimon.2084

As for dungeons. Each has it’s own unique skin for armor and weapons which can be bought with tokens earned for complete paths. You can check out all the skins at the dungeon merchant in Lions Arch.

[80] What Now?

Posted by: AsurasRCute.4136

AsurasRCute.4136

I got a 80 thief. Last time I played it the super adventure box was just out. That’s when I quit playing. Got a necro to 80 and wanted ele as it looks fun.
I know the rotation for d/f from metabattle but suck at it so will practice if I can ever find practice dummies

Cool. The main problem with crafting to 80 is that you haven’t built up the proper connection, over time, with how that char plays and fights. I’d say that the first order of business is to take the char out to the more pleasant maps and get some fighting time against mobs, rather than dummies.

There you’ll tweak your build and make it your own that feels good, according to your own playstyle.

What you then might find is that you eventually get to the harder missions in the PS, or harder maps, get constantly roflstomped, and have to effectively learn your class all over again. [That certainly happened to my poor gunslinger Thief main… luckily she’s an endlessly cheerful soul.]

I enjoy that process, so it was all good to me, but dunno about other folks. Hopefully, you’ll enjoy it too.

[80] What Now?

Posted by: Vukorep.3081

Vukorep.3081

Oh i forgot a few things.

If you wish to spend a few hours in game very “casually” you could explore all the places where the meta zone bosses show up and do all of them on a daily basis. Its not too hard, but its fun and you get rewards from it.

And if you wish to spend all day long for a week you could explore all the mini dungeons and jumping puzzles hidden away from the points of interest and vistas and hearts.

The point is. This game isn’t a typical mmorpg with a typical “end game”. You are free to do something from many things that the game has to offer and play it in many different ways.

Currently (if we aren’t mentioning wintersday achievements) I made a brand new norn guardian that i will lvl up in a particular way that is veery different from anything ive seen or heard of.

Basically i made up a set of rules that i need to follow (cant use TP,can only lvl up in shiverpeak zones and must not die till lvl 80) This sounds fairly raw and simple but it is astonishing how it impacted my overall gameplay. At first it was simple, gs/staff, blaze trough the enemies. But at around lvl 30 the mobs got to my lvl, and suddenly some of them were above my level. I switched to more defensive weapons and skills and also sought out for more defensive armor stats.

[80] What Now?

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

In short: Press H and go to the achievement Tab, it will give you a lot of subgoals to explore the world and it will take you one or the other year till you got all (even if you leave out all you dislike)

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

[80] What Now?

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

Heart of the mists (pvp lobby) have quite a few dummy setups + practice npcs that would serve as a decent place to practice your rotation. Even have a dodge trainer. (Its just the lobby, not actual PvP)

[80] What Now?

Posted by: General Health.9678

General Health.9678

Original endmap gathering is a nice source of mats and / or cash and / or exotic armour.
So that’s primarily Cursed Shore but also Malchor’s Leap and Straits of Devastation.

And for HoT maps, they’re all really endgame but if you don’t have HoT then it’s worth at least working out what Silverwastes is and does.

There are a bunch of “i’m bored… wonder if a collection will kill some time” type ideas, things like map completion and ultimately world completion as well as the collections that lead to Princess and Mawdrey or just doing all the jumping puzzles. It’s goals that keep you going.

Playing the market – figure out what is worth more than the mats it takes to create it and then craft that thing, Berserker and Assassin weapons for instance.

Working towards an Ascended build.. check out a build site like metabattle.com for builds and dulfy.net for tutorials and skins and see what you want to build and how best to achieve it.

And I’m a big fan of what Vukorep says, grab a toon and do something that challenges you, just for fun.

For me the journey is awesome but it doesn’t stop at 80 by any means. 80 just means you can kill level 80+ mobs in the level 80 areas, doesn’t mean you’re too important to chop down that level 5 tree.

Blame Abaddon, he loves your tears.
pve, raid, pvp, fractal, dungeon, world clearing, legendary questing.. Zapped!

[80] What Now?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

you forgot raids. Just to mention.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

[80] What Now?

Posted by: DarcShriek.5829

DarcShriek.5829

- personal story gives you a fair exploration of the world and a special weapon at the end

- living world, if you havent already,you need to unlock the LS2 in order to play trough it. This takes you trough some new maps and shows you a new massive skritt jumping puzzle, new stat sets (if you want them), the ability to create mawdrey and a few other nice things
- hoT- you play in the latest ,newest zones, you progress trough your masteries that allow you to explore new corners of the zones. This is a great thing if youre into pve,events with harder mobs than in the core game,and you simply wish to explore new stuff. (comes with lots of new different rewards)
-Legendary Weapon Grind- You will have to 100% map complete the core world, or start the precursor crafting mastery if you wish to go for the new legendaries. While its a grind, it can be pretty fun
- World Completion- you do it for the original legendaries, or just for fun
- Dungeons- you can still make a nice amount of gold if you do these on a regular basis. You get tokens for special craftings, or just spend them on weapon/armor skins you wish to combine and make your armor set a more “unique” look
- Fracs-This is considered to be a progressive challenge where gear, skill, and knowledge of the instances matter. One could say this is (besides the new super hard raids) the end game pve. It has gear grind (ascended with AR infusions), it scales with difficulty, and has its own unique rewards not available anywhere else (skins, and even a back piece)

Just to clear things up a bit, you don’t need LS2 to enter Dry Top and Silverwastes. You do need it to create Mawdrey, but not the jumping puzzle mentioned.

[80] What Now?

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

If you’re really looking to minmax your character out, start looking in to acquiring ascended gear and those expensive +5 stat infusions. This is a very small bump in stats, and you can complete anything in the game without them, but it does represent the mathematical pinnacle of power for a character. This goal can take you quite some time, and altogether kitting out an entire set of ascended with +5 infusions will easily take as much effort as a single legendary weapon. Especially if you’re really stacking one specific stat type and need omni infusions.

Past that, GW2, like GW1 is a game about personal goals. Your goals may vary but most people start chasing down particular titles, skins, achievements, and other such things.

Raid and fractal progression is a thing, and again the point of this isn’t to add power to your character, but rather to accomplish that goal for the sake of the accomplishment and for its associated cosmetic rewards. Raids and fractals are where Anet plans to take the ‘challenge’ endgame from here on for PvE, as well as the living story updates for the more casual endgame.

It can take some adjustment to the idea that you can actually finish a character in a mechanical sense, as it’s different than many MMOs that are built around constantly adding levels and better gear so you’re always chasing that treadmill, but the core of ongoing play in guild wars has always been about choosing goals that seem important to you, and gaining rewards that are primarily cosmetic in nature for doing so because your ability and time spent rather than your gear is the primary determining factor of how fast and what you can accomplish in the endgame.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ