800 gems for only 2 pieces?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

Talk about over priced, it only has the shoulder and gloves???

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Can you link what you’re referring to?

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

The toxic gloves and mantle, in the gemstore for 400 gems each.

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/05/gw2-toxic-dyes-mantles-and-gloves-in-the-gemstore/

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I just bought $20 worth of gems so I can get another character slot and the new toxic armors, imma make the most ba sylvari you ever saw – woot!

I’ve been meaning to throw some gems their way since the Tequatl update, this gave me an excuse

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I agree the price seems a bit high. I knew they would not be 200 gems but 300 seems like a better middle ground. I have always liked the idea of being able to buy just one or a few pieces of an armor set as I usually don’t like every piece of the set. I really like the shoulders for my Mesmer so I’ll probably end up picking them up anyway. For some reason the preview strips my other armor off so I can’t see what they look like with my full armor on but I get a general idea I suppose.

The Burninator

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I agree the price seems a bit high. I knew they would not be 200 gems but 300 seems like a better middle ground. I have always liked the idea of being able to buy just one or a few pieces of an armor set as I usually don’t like every piece of the set. I really like the shoulders for my Mesmer so I’ll probably end up picking them up anyway. For some reason the preview strips my other armor off so I can’t see what they look like with my full armor on but I get a general idea I suppose.

If you use the wiki to copy the in-game code, you can view the pieces with your armor on. You may or may not be able to view them with your armor on from the PvP locker, if they are there. I’ve not tried that yet, I used the wiki method.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Been posted else where on these forums, it would seem a lot of us are a bit shocked by this. Myself included.

First we have full armor sets at 500 gems. This changed to full armor sets for 800 gems. Wasn’t thrilled but hey still full armor sets and we really needed more armor skins. Now we get gloves and shoulder (2 piece set instead of 6) for 800 gems. I am not loving the trend here.

edit: These skins aren’t in the sPVP locker yet. Probably an oversight. However as I posted in the bug forums I am still waiting on a slot of my Tybalt back pack and it’s been months.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Talk about over priced, it only has the shoulder and gloves???

From the sets i bought so far i mostly only use 2 or even 1 item really, so that sometimes 800 per piece.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

Beldin: You are buying the whole armor set (6 pieces) you can choose to use them however you like. In this case there is no choice, you can get 1 piece for 400 and 2 for 800 but there is no full set and a la carte is way out of proportion.

Posted by: Paul.4081

Paul.4081

So they put different colours on and very slightly modify the Hellfire Vambraces then charge 400 gems for it, nice.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

If you use the wiki to copy the in-game code, you can view the pieces with your armor on. You may or may not be able to view them with your armor on from the PvP locker, if they are there. I’ve not tried that yet, I used the wiki method.

Sure but it seems the preview in the gem store should work too. After all they are trying to sell me on it.

The Burninator

Beldin.5498

Beldin: You are buying the whole armor set (6 pieces) you can choose to use them however you like. In this case there is no choice, you can get 1 piece for 400 and 2 for 800 but there is no full set and a la carte is way out of proportion.

I know that i will use only one piece but i can’t decide to just buy that piece alone, i only can sell 800 for that piece i want. Don’t see a big difference for me.

I would be happy if i could get every single item of these sets for “only” 400 gems.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: Zerole.7306

Zerole.7306

Why bother complaining about this?

If you like it and think it’s worth it, buy it. If you don’t like it and think it isn’t worth it, don’t buy it. This is not a strange concept, and choices are a good thing to have.

Posted by: Dr Ritter.1327

Dr Ritter.1327

If you like it and think it’s worth it, buy it. If you don’t like it and think it isn’t worth it, don’t buy it. This is not a strange concept, and choices are a good thing to have.

Because if enough people buy it, they will think it is okay to overprice items in the gem store…

The Paragon
[KICK] You’re out of the Guild
#beastgate

Posted by: Neb.4170

Neb.4170

Because if enough people buy it, they will think it is okay to overprice items in the gem store…

And they would be correct, wouldn’t they?

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

ok this is both a good and a bad idea, 400 gems a piece i think is too much, but i like the idea of selling separate pieces, maybe in the future they can sell the full armor set at the usual 800 gems price and each piece separately for 200 gems, that would be nice

still i think these 2 pieces are waaaaaay overpriced, if you wanna sell 1 armor piece for half the price of a full set, then make it worth it like adding some cool effect or some really good design

Posted by: Vaxx.3178

Vaxx.3178

So they put different colours on and very slightly modify the Hellfire Vambraces then charge 400 gems for it, nice.

My thoughts exactly.

Posted by: Melchior.2135

Melchior.2135

400 gems $5.00 (27 gold 84 silver at current rates, if you’re converting) is bizarre. Even if they were infinitely-reusable with no transmutation stone needed, like Hall of Memory or Zenith skins, that would be too much. I’m honestly beginning to suspect sabotage, like some sinister subversive force in ANet is trying to talk me out of ever giving them money again.

Former Guild Wars 2 fan. RIP, ArenaNet’s integrity.

(edited by Melchior.2135)

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

And they would be correct, wouldn’t they?

Not really. The dyeability for the pieces is petty terrible. And 400 gold for a lack of dye variety and 1 piece is pretty bad considering you can catch a whole set for 500-800.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

It should have been an Achievement award (a specific achievement, not Achievement Pts) imo. Full sets in the Gem Store I can understand, but 2 pieces? What…..The…..kitten

Posted by: Vectrox.1573

Vectrox.1573

The price is fine, if you don’t want to pay the price for it then don’t. No one is forcing you to get these skins.

I am glad that they finally released these skins directly in the gem store instead of including them into Black Lion Chests..

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

The price is fine, if you don’t want to pay the price for it then don’t. No one is forcing you to get these skins.

I am glad that they finally released these skins directly in the gem store instead of including them into Black Lion Chests..

Except almost all armor has been directly purchasable from the gemstore. Only weapons were in BLCs (I think only the tiki masks were in rng chests and those were the southsun ones, not BLCs). And the price is not fine. It should have been at the very least both of them for 400, though if it went along with the other skins (6 pieces for 800) then it should have been at most 275 for both (133.3333… per piece, so 275 to round it off).

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Direksone.3867

Direksone.3867

I was always saying how it would be nice to be able to buy a certain piece of a set since you might not like all of it. Perhaps 400 gems is a bit over the top, but I don’t mind really. Neither do I like them to begin with, but okay.

Blood And Metal is a guild on Gunnars Hold that is all about metal, punk,hard rock etc.. Join us!

Beldin.5498

I was always saying how it would be nice to be able to buy a certain piece of a set since you might not like all of it. Perhaps 400 gems is a bit over the top, but I don’t mind really. Neither do I like them to begin with, but okay.

I would have paid 400 happily for Brahams Brestplate and the heavy Etherblade Leggings since i only used those 2 parts from that sets.

Posted by: Moonjelly.3742

Moonjelly.3742

As I posted on Dulfy: In comparison to other games $5 for a single piece skin isn’t really out of line. Blizzard charges $15 for a single helm skin, SWTOR 1 piece starts at around $2.50, Rift close to the same, Tera as well is $6 or more.
Now, are these particular shoulders and gloves worth $5.00 (if you use that to get gems) each? That’s something that is a person to person thing to decide on.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Yea that price is absurd for 1 time use armor pieces. It’s like Anet listened to use about being able to buy pieces rather than whole armor sets at a time, but didn’t do the math right on the costs. 1/6 of an armor set for 1/2 the price….or 1/3 the armor set for the price of a whole set. Not making sense to me. Either 200gems a piece or make them multi-use like the Zenith skins.

As I posted on Dulfy: In comparison to other games $5 for a single piece skin isn’t really out of line. Blizzard charges $15 for a single helm skin, SWTOR 1 piece starts at around $2.50, Rift close to the same, Tera as well is $6 or more.
Now, are these particular shoulders and gloves worth $5.00 (if you use that to get gems) each? That’s something that is a person to person thing to decide on.

Apples : Oranges

Gotta compare the prices of these to other GW2 gemstore items for a fair assessment.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: gaspara.4079

gaspara.4079

What if these two pieces of armor took as much time to design and model as whole sets have in the past due to the layered dying? Then is it fair that two pieces cost the same as 6? They look to me like that could be the case.

Personally I prefer the New Heavy Armor set because I don;t want to be as flashy as these 2 pieces look, but the dye blending done on them is pretty awesome, and something I hope they use again.