8675309 rewards

8675309 rewards

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

I got 4.

I can’t use them, they have been ‘disabled’.

Can I delete these? And you will give me new ones later? 4 things in my inventory is not good.

8675309 rewards

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Same here. I noticed there was a new point of interest added to the game. It’s in Lion’s Arch, near the Order Of Whispers Headquarters poi.

I was on my ranger, who already had 100% map complete (for Central Tyria at least), and had 4 shaky chests pop up on the right of my screen. The shaky chests looked like the map complete chest.

I now have 4 chests in my inventory all with a weird item name. I noticed the chest icons have the ranger symbol on them, as if they’re ranger specific rewards. But I can’t open any of them because I just get a message pop up that the content is disabled and to try again later.

I’m guessing it’s like that ‘????’ item some players got during the Heart of Thorns beta weekend event. That item never became anything and was most likely just a placeholder for the beta test weekends. So I’m not expecting these 4 treasure chest to ever amount to anything.

Attachments:

There’s something charming about rangers.

8675309 rewards

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Now tons of people are rushing to that POI to get the chests which are disabled. It would be hilarious if Anet put some kind of prank item in them once fixed. Maybe once opened you get 1 hour of bobble head you can’t turn off or it turns your character into the generic character model. Or maybe they give you 50 minor sigils or runes, a total troll for people that complain about getting them all the time. A late April fools prank of sorts.

The Burninator

(edited by JustTrogdor.7892)

8675309 rewards

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Haven’t had a chance to log in, but I see what you did with the title, OP.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

8675309 rewards

Posted by: SconeOfDoom.8213

SconeOfDoom.8213

I went to that POI, but when I got the 4 map completions style chests, all I got out of all 4 was precisely 8001 experience. So I guess it’s just one of those weird things.

8675309 rewards

Posted by: Daiki.6237

Daiki.6237

kitten you scone beat me to a post!! See if I share in discord again! But yeah no chest in inventory just the XP from them. But hey, free XP is better then nothing!

8675309 rewards

Posted by: Baron Von Graymouse.7801

Baron Von Graymouse.7801

“….For a good time, call 8-6-7-5-3-0-9”

Sorry couldn’t help it.

8675309 rewards

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

They all had different numbers, but I got four of them as well. However, since it was obviously not intended, I simply reported it as a possible exploit and left them in inventory. I didn’t try to open them.

8675309 rewards

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Fixed with latest patch.

8675309 rewards

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Do we destroy the ones we can’t open then?

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

8675309 rewards

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

They all had different numbers, but I got four of them as well. However, since it was obviously not intended, I simply reported it as a possible exploit and left them in inventory. I didn’t try to open them.

Yeah. Just fixed in a patch, apparently. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates (wiki has the wrong date for some reason lol)

No need to worry about it being an exploit. As I said, when trying to open the chests it just gave a message saying the content was disabled.

There’s something charming about rangers.

8675309 rewards

Posted by: Mr Seven.1083

Mr Seven.1083

It dropped weapons, I did the entire collection if you want to see the items in it.
http://imgur.com/a/aXOAT

Noblesse oblige.

8675309 rewards

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

I destroyed them (as they still were, “content temp disabled”) so I get nothing now.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.