Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

9k gold trident ? anet pls take note.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Karnasis.6892

Karnasis.6892

It’s the rich being silly (as the posting fee is probably outrageous), or one poor fellow who thought he had something awesome and posted to realize he just lost all of his gold and now he’s just trying to sell it out of fear XD.

I wouldn’t worry about it, I mean you can’t buy it unless you have that amount since it’s a sell order XD

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Or one of the many items Gold-sellers instruct other accounts/players to post to transfer Gold.

Posted by: Kumouta.4985

Kumouta.4985

it means a gold seller was banned while moving around his gold.

I can apply over 3 stacks of bleeding.

Posted by: Karnasis.6892

Karnasis.6892

Oh well then XD, sucks to be a gold seller then XD

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Most likely it’s a gold seller.

But I did once see someone in LA really excited about the random gold item they’d just pulled out of the Mystic Forge – because no one was currently selling one on the TP they thought it must be really rare and special and they could basically ask any price they wanted and someone would pay it.

It was lucky in a way that their first reaction was to brag about it in map chat because several people explained (nicely) that it wasn’t actually that rare, it’s just that no one was selling one right at that moment and it wouldn’t be worth any more than other generic rare items.

(This is one downside to GW2’s horizontal progression – in most games if an item is 2 tiers below the maximum that tells you immediately it’s not that special. But in a game where so many things are valued because of their skin instead of their stats that doesn’t work.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

azizul.8469

Or one of the many items Gold-sellers instruct other accounts/players to post to transfer Gold.

this is what i thought…

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

TP Barons will also list items for hundreds or thousands of gold, as a method to get around the 500g/week transfer limit from one of their trading accounts to their main (or vice versa).

• They ship the item from Account A to B; no cost & no limit.
  • Account B lists it for 8000g.
  • If it sells to an anon, great; the Baron is 6800g wealthier.
  • Otherwise, Account A buys it, allowing them to transfer 6800g in one day instead of 14 weeks.
  • The 1200g loss might sting (and be inconceivable to some of us, as a huge sum), but it’s a 15% loss on pure profit

(The process is similar for gold sellers — they get to transfer to gold buyers instead of their alt account.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Haishao.6851

Haishao.6851

To ship this Trident to someone they would first need to spend 10k gold on it because there’s absolutely no other than that single one on the TP.
Same goes for the item named Staff. https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/37629-Staff

They don’t drop anywhere. Their price reflect their rarity.

Danikat.8537

There are currently 4 items simply called ‘Trident’ on the TP, all listed separately (because they have different stat combinations) and 6 called ‘Staff’ (4 versions, but there’s 3 copies of one of them).

Illconceived Was Na.9781

To ship this Trident to someone they would first need to spend 10k gold on it because there’s absolutely no other than that single one on the TP.
Same goes for the item named Staff. https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/37629-Staff

They don’t drop anywhere. Their price reflect their rarity.

You’ve assumed that they weren’t among the people who bought up the last remaining supply of such items. Some people are very clever about anticipating future needs, some were just lucky, and others anticipated the fact that discontinued items would eventually be worth a lot, simply due to their rarity. (ANet has burned such markets from time to time — I’ve got a couple of “none on the TP” items listed that were since reintroduced and probably will never sell for even 1 silver on the gold.)

edit: grammar

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

What is in your opinion wrong with that listing?

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Considering that the highest bid is under 12g, someone posting the only one asking for the max is simply funny. Wishful thinking at most.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

All of you seem to be operating under the assumption the seller wants the item sold.

Wanze is the only one who knows whats up (like the AC back pieces you have in the bank Wanze lol)

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

azizul.8469

someone is doing RMT the “legit” way…..

Wanze.8410

Considering that the highest bid is under 12g, someone posting the only one asking for the max is simply funny. Wishful thinking at most.

the max would be 10k gold

Wanze.8410

someone is doing RMT the “legit” way…..

There are 2 reasons, why I dont think that this item was posted by a RMT:

First of all, however listed this, could only be the gold buyer, not the seller because he would be on the receiving end of alot of gold, if the item sells.

Even if this item was listed by someone intending to pay a RMT to buy it, they would only list it, once the deal is agreed upon but this listing was posted over 2 months ago.

As already mentioned by someone else, these rare weapons (or other items that have no listings) COULD be used to transfer large sums of gold from one account to the next, be it from RMTs or regular traders, who want to transfer big funds from one account to the next without the 500g per week limit. I have several of those in my bank for that exact reason but if I decide to use one of those items to transfer gold, it is unlikely that you will see that transaction on gw2bltc because it only updates item data every couple of minutes. Thats enough time for me to list it, log into my alt account and buy it again, so the transaction wont show up in the API.

Another reason why people might list these items for these prices is to boost their account value ranking on gw2efficiency.

I could just buy the last listing of this dagger for 300g:

https://www.gw2bltc.com/en/item/37254-Dagger

I pay another 500g listing fee to post it at 10k gold and my account value shoots up by 8200g with an investment of 800g.

(edited by Wanze.8410)

azizul.8469

of course, it is posted by a gold buyer as directed by the gold seller after receiving RMT payment and sending the buyer the item and listing fee 500g…. the amount of pre-agreed gold sold is 9000g with the goldseller bearing the TP tax….

that is the modus operandi, i think….

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Another reason why people might list these items for these prices is to boost their account value ranking on gw2efficiency.

Wanze pretty much listed the reason why this trident is almost 10k gold.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Wanze.8410

of course, it is posted by a gold buyer as directed by the gold seller after receiving RMT payment and sending the buyer the item and listing fee 500g…. the amount of pre-agreed gold sold is 9000g with the goldseller bearing the TP tax….

that is the modus operandi, i think….

But how do you explain that this listing has been there for over 2 months and has not been sold?

How is it RMT, if the item used to trade gold isnt traded?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Maybe someone got cold feet? Or got their account banned from other RMT purchases?

I suppose only ArenaNet really knows.

Danikat.8537

Maybe someone got cold feet? Or got their account banned from other RMT purchases?

I could see that happening sometimes actually – the gold seller instructs the buyer to purchase an item with no current sell listings and list it for X gold. Then in the time it takes them to do that the seller gets banned and the buyer can’t bring themselves to cancel the listing because they’ll lose the gold they spent on the fee.

I could also see it being gold sellers tricking customers – they take their money, tell them to list the item and then simply never buy it. People do it on ebay (listing items for sale they don’t actually have, or at least never send) and with 2nd hand concert tickets and it’d be even easier for gold sellers because there is no one their customers can complain to – if you go to Anet you’re at risk of being banned for buying gold and most of the time the sellers are not only based in different countries to their customers but also in countries they know are unlikely to take action against them.

Wanze.8410

I could see that happening sometimes actually – the gold seller instructs the buyer to purchase an item with no current sell listings and list it for X gold. Then in the time it takes them to do that the seller gets banned and the buyer can’t bring themselves to cancel the listing because they’ll lose the gold they spent on the fee.

I could also see it being gold sellers tricking customers – they take their money, tell them to list the item and then simply never buy it. People do it on ebay (listing items for sale they don’t actually have, or at least never send) and with 2nd hand concert tickets and it’d be even easier for gold sellers because there is no one their customers can complain to – if you go to Anet you’re at risk of being banned for buying gold and most of the time the sellers are not only based in different countries to their customers but also in countries they know are unlikely to take action against them.

A Gold Seller doesnt operate with only one account, but hundreds of stolen/hacked accounts. So even if one account gets banned, he just uses another account to transfer the gold from and buy the trident, so his customer would get his gold he paid for.

I wont deny that these items could be used for RMT purposes but not everybody listing or buying an item like these is automatically involved in RMT.

I cant speak for the trident and staff listed for 9999g but I listed the ghostly spineguard for 7777g and it was not for RMT purposes but other reasons:

I wanted to see, if someone is dumb enough to buy it (none did yet).

I wanted to see, if the high listing price encourages the player base to figure out how to farm it (it didnt).

I might use it (or similar items) in the future to transfer gold from my alt trading accounts to my main account.

I wanted to get first rank in bank value on gw2efficiency (mission accomplished).

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

But I did once see someone in LA really excited about the random gold item they’d just pulled out of the Mystic Forge – because no one was currently selling one on the TP they thought it must be really rare

While I understand that generic Exotic items aren’t generally rare, it does seem strange that there wouldn’t be any of that item on the TP – since they are not, in fact rare.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Does it really matter at this point why that particular item is on the TP for 8000 gold? The OP wanted ANet to take note. As many people have said, there’s no particular reason that ANet needs to; there are all sorts of reasons that listing might be there.

I think it would be naive to assume that ANet doesn’t have a good idea of how RMT sellers and buyers ‘launder’ illicit funds, i.e. ANet already takes note when there’s something that it needs to note.

Posted by: unrivalled.7952

unrivalled.7952

Ok so lets get it clear. Why do you think thats a gold seller/ RTM ? – just because he was stupid enough to list something for 10k gold? When i need to transfer gold to my alt accounts , i just find a masterwork item with less than 50 supply, buy them all and then list 50 × 100-200g? Job done – 5-10k gold transferred in lots small transaction instead of 1. This does not rise anet flags, dont lead to automated ban( like some big ones do) and if you relist these items at their original price no one will ever notice that , because it wont be flagged at BLTC or any other site.
There is only 1 major reasons to list single( or few) super expensive item like that:
Hoping a bot screw up and buy useless super expensive item and you get rich in no time at all

Posted by: moonstarmac.4603

moonstarmac.4603

This makes me think of Nyhm and Summergale’s ‘Ni Hao’ video. If only we could flag gold sellers for PKing when they pop up. Or target them for Wrath of Dhuum.

Jade Council~ Jade Sea Haven [JADE]
System – Luna One: R-Matrix
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/Ny4qqs

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

TP Barons will also list items for hundreds or thousands of gold, as a method to get around the 500g/week transfer limit from one of their trading accounts to their main (or vice versa).

• They ship the item from Account A to B; no cost & no limit.
  • Account B lists it for 8000g.
  • If it sells to an anon, great; the Baron is 6800g wealthier.
  • Otherwise, Account A buys it, allowing them to transfer 6800g in one day instead of 14 weeks.
  • The 1200g loss might sting (and be inconceivable to some of us, as a huge sum), but it’s a 15% loss on pure profit

(The process is similar for gold sellers — they get to transfer to gold buyers instead of their alt account.)

Thanks for the detailed explanation! That’s news to me and therefore quite an interesting insight.