A Day in the Life: How Do You Play?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

I keep hearing the phrase: “You are not playing it right.” So I was wondering, what is a typical day/log in session like for you?

For me, in the morning with my coffee, I log on and generally I will log onto my main, a level 80 ranger and go and get small scales. I am working on a personal goal (the same one I had in Guild Wars 1) and that is to have a full stack of every material. If you are wondering, no, I never actually completed this task in GW1, as I depleted my gems when I needed them for Vabbian armor for my hall of monuments.

So my day begins with getting a few of some of the materials I am not “full” of, and right now that is small scales, yams, and rosemary. So I head off on my main, to the areas that have those materials, getting side tracked with some events, and sometimes looking closely at things I may have missed in areas I have been in before. I have a fascination with 3 D artwork in games, so I like to look at all the tiny “placeables”.

Later in the day, I log into another character and again, I go to other areas I might need materials from, or that I want to see closer, and I do some events, and wander. I sometimes will also try to finish or get some waypoints on my lower characters. My “story” currently is caught up on all my characters. I have not finished my story on my main, because I solo and it is now in Orr, very close to the end, and I do not believe I can solo it, so it will remain undone for some time.

At night I log in, do my daily and gather my money from the TP to see how much I have made for the day. Then it is off to bed. Today was the first day ever that I made 2 gold in one day. Of course it is also the first day since November that I have gotten consistent drops.

So, am I “doing it wrong?” What would make this style of gameplay susceptible to a DR penalty? I play perhaps 3-4 hours total every day.

How do you play? What do you do when you log in?

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Weds-Sat:
Wake up
Go to work
come home
School Work
Spend time with wife/son
Dinner
Spend time with wife/son
Spend little time on forums
Go to bed

Sun
Wake up
Massive school work till mid afternoon
Spend time with wife and son
Dinner
Play GW2 till about 2am
Go to bed

Mon-
Wake up
Play GW2 for 1 hour
Go to school for 8 hours
Come home
Eat Dinner
Spend time with Wife and Son
Play GW2 till 2 am

Tues:
Sleep in
Wake up
Play GW2 for about 2 hours
Spend time with Wife and son
Play GW2 for about 1 hour
Spend time with Wife and sone
Play GW2 for about 1 hour
Dinner
Go to school for 3 hours
Come home
Spend about 30 minutes in GW2
Spend time with Wife and son
Go to Bed

That is my life right there, basically.

When in game:
Complete daily while doing any events or hearts that I run into
When daily done, continue on my adventures picking up any Hearts or Dynamic events, and completing story line quests.
End the day with selling all crafting material that I collected, and any Green+ gear that might sell well, on the TP. And pick up any money on the TP from the previous gaming session.

Posted by: Zantesuken.5318

Zantesuken.5318

I log in, do my dailies, and log out.

Sometimes I do dungeon runs with guildmates. Mainly CoF because it has a good reward to time ratio.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

At this point, 5 months in, I’m really mostly playing in the evening and doing my dailies. I have an alt I’m working on, but that’s pretty slow going. Occasionally, I go out and farm Orr for a while. I’ve gotten kinda bored, so I’m waiting for the update to see what’s new.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

Got my mesmer to 80 today, so yay. Did some map clearing in the Straits of Devastation, then went to Ascalon and wandered around until I eventually worked my way up to the Shatterer event just in time to miss it, then went to Frostgorge Sound and did the Jormag event (greens and blues), and then wandered around there for a while fighting trolls and imps and elementals, did an underwater event saving quaggan from risen, then logged out, then logged back in and hit the Shadow Behemoth event (greens and blues), then ran around in the Straits of Devastation for some more map clearing and a failed Balthazar event (I think that’s what it was), then went to Lion’s Arch to pick up some stuff from the TP, then out to Gendarran Fields to finish up on gathering to complete today’s daily, then switched over to my necro and did some tailoring until I was like one item away from the next tier but I ran out of cotton scraps which put a stop to that so I rambled around for a while and fought some centaurs thinking maybe one of them would drop something I could salvage to get some cotton scraps but they never did so then I logged off for the night and checked the forums and wrote this. /e breathe

The table is a fable.

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Weekdays:
Come back from work
Check TP – Make some offers, sell some junk
Log out – Play something else/work on personal projects

Weekends:
Check LFG site for AC runs on my alt usually
(sometimes it stops here, due to the mass of 80’s doing AC paths and not wanting a low level alt to be involved)
Get one run done but always opt out of doing another run
Log out

I’ve gotten two characters to 80, on guardian and ranger, so I’m finding it more and more difficult to keep playing. I don’t have the time for legendaries, and my FOTM rank is still set at 2.

(edited by nethykins.7986)

Posted by: SuLor.2840

SuLor.2840

Since I’m collecting Badges of Honor at present, my "daily " is to run the boarderlands jp with my characters. Then I’ll generally run and get the actual daily with whatever alt I feel like playing that day. Other than that I will generally play with my friends, either do a little personal story or a dungeon or fractals. Occasionally we’ll run around WvW and help out with whatever is going on there.

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

I pick whatever alt I am in the mood to play, decide what zone I feel like playing in, and start a round of map completion from there. Highest map complete on a character is only 48% or something like that after 6 months, so that should keep me primarily occupied for some time.
I never do dungeons because they take more time and/or focus than I typically have available on any given night, but will sometimes pop into WvW (and likely get steamrolled, then decide to craft instead or something) and sPvP (only at rank 9 so far.)
I haven’t even glanced at what’s needed to obtain legendaries, but now that I finally got my engineer to 80, maybe I’ll try saving up components (and in 5 years, maybe I’ll have one.)

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

Get any money from the TP
Go do a map completion (usually alone because others are in wvw or Dungeons or just have done my map..)
Sell/Salvage my whites blues and greys
Put all greens on the TP
Rares i do nothing with cause i never see any..

Chat to guild mates in Lions arch after im done about poor loot drops, DR, broken Events and DR
Peruse the TP looking at items i cannot afford
Log out

That is my day..

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Weekdays:
Come back from work
Play my character for the day long enough to complete the Daily and do 1 – 2 Hearts in the map he/she’s currently in. Chat with guildies while farming some materials in the same map for personal crafting.
Log out after about 2 hours.

Weekends:
Almost exactly the same as weekdays, but on a much longer timescale due to the increased amount of free time.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Most days

• Do Dungeon run of CoF path 1 and 2.
  • Do Fractal on warrior and on guardian
  • Find a few ori nodes and switch to alts to get x8
  • Buy 10 globs of ecto and store 5g
  • Finish daily if it’s not already done

days with extra time

• Do CoF path 1 x3
  • Do AC full path run
  • Either random dungeon with the guild or fractal
  • work on exploration
  • work on gear/build for alts
  • Bring my perma stealth thief into WvW to troll the Borlis Pass entrance…i hate those guys.
Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

(edited by Vorch.2985)

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

I took an arrow to the knee

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

weekdays: after supper, putting kid to bed etc.
log in on one of 3 alts and do some zone completion and dailies if I have time before going to bed.

weekends:
Pick one / all of the alts -finish up on the map they are in- do events, hearts poking around, getting lost etc. ( 3 of them are in the 50’s)
Log into my main and hit a couple of Dragons, Shadow Behemoth, some Temple chains and generally run around in circles looking for Final Rest.
Get sidetracked by stuff happening around me- like someone asking for help or finding some people to RP with, chatting with friends etc.

Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Morrigan.2809)

Posted by: eupholax.7025

eupholax.7025

Check friends list nobody is on EVER
Complete dailies
AC run any path don’t care which one
WvW a bit until I get bored
Return to Queensdale
Log off about 9 or 12 depending on my mood

Posted by: sostronk.8167

sostronk.8167

Last night it was log in and realise the maintenance just started and then proceed to go angry german kid. Ill be home from work in about an hour. My gameplan is to head to wayfarer on my thief, do the maw and complete dailys that way. Then switch to necro and get 2 dailys for my FotM character. Then head to CoF and farm that for the rest of the night. I have a day off work tomorrow, so I could end up farm CoF for about 5 hours before I get bored, then I might switch to AC or TA for a change. I want a heap of dungeon armor to experiment with different builds on the 7 level 80 characters I have.

Posted by: bane.6281

bane.6281

1) Log in
2) Do dailies
3) Check TP
4) Run some dungeons if i’m in the mood (If not,skip to 5)
5) Depends on time, might play my alt a bit
6) Log off

Posted by: Dingle.2743

Dingle.2743

1) Dailies (20-30 mins)
2) Lion’s Arch Jumping Puzzles (15 mins tops)
3) If my dungeon group is online, run a dungeon with them. We’re not farming any dungeons in particular right now
4) World Completion with a certain friend if they’re online
5) If none of my friends are online, work on levelling an alt, or park a level 80 character on Maw if I’m not paying 100% attention to the game.

I’m not really into solo grinding anymore, which is why I only work on world completion if I’ve got a friend willing to do the maps with me these days. (Having a buddy along really helps with commune skill challenges as well, though there are few so hard that I wouldn’t be able to get to them alone…)

If the majority of my friends start to quit, I have no idea how long I’ll play for after that.

On days when I’m farming Maw, I might be logged in for 8 hours continuously, but I’m only playing for the 10 minutes or so that the Maw events run for in a solid chunk – I’m spending as much as 60% of my time away from the game entirely.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

log-in
Fotm daily because i like it…
Then look at the daily requirements and give up something i like to do in order to complete daily……

Q_Q

Because i need that 5AR <.< i have to give up at least 1 dungeon run per day.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Tosha Daydreamer.9251

Weekdays:
Wake up
Work
Dinner
Have a snuggly moment with my boyfriend
Crash on the couch
Sleep

Weekends
Wake up
Guildwars: whatever tickles my fancy at that moment, whether it’s Orr runs, helping my boyfriend with his dungeon runs or participating in a guild event
Dinner
Sleep

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

If I feel like playing, I’m jumping in after dinner.

I’m doing everything associated with completing maps, so hearts, vistas, jumping, etc, daily in the meantime, but my desktop doesn’t let me enjoy dunegons and I avoid bigger events, if I’m sure there’s going to be lots of people and FX there. The dragon chest is tempting thou, so if I’m close, I’m just running in randomly pressing buttons. To simply put, taking part of something in 2 frames per second isn’t fun.

After 4 of 5 rezones my client tends to crash, it’s usually when I’m done with playing for that day.

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

(edited by Marge.4035)

Posted by: Ooshi.8607

Ooshi.8607

Loggin.
Check TP for price of mats and finished products.
See where the bigger margins are. Order mats.
Check what is the daily.
Decide if I’m gonna do it on mesmer (80), Guadian (43) or Warrior (40).
Complete daily.
Check TP to see if got everything ordered. If so, craft ???, put on TP, profit.
Decide if I want to level one of the alts or work on map completion on mesmer.
Might do some hot-joins in sPVP with mesmer (only rank 6).

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

Lately it’s the neverending search for powerful blood! I really want to make my own exotic bow.

But I don’t have a “way to play”. Generally I load up the dragon timers page first, then log in, do whatever dragons are available, then I’m off to wherever I roam to.

I get sidetracked very easily. I’m trying to complete Frostgorge Sound map and ohh, raspberry, but it’s all the way down there, who cares, jumps, kill some stuff, oh and event, go do that, oh a tree to chop, try and find my way back up where I was to keep completing my heart.

Ohh leeks! runs over there, ore! mines, hey there’s an event.

Oh yeah, I still need salvages for my Feb. monthly, goes back to LA and crafts some low level stuff to salvage, nah, still not close.

Run a dungeon with guildies. Oh look, another dragon is coming up. Oh look, scallions! Herb harvest, ancient tree!

I’ve been trying to do Malachors Leap and Cursed Shore map complete, but have all but given up. You can’t even take the time to run around a vista and try and figure out how to get there with all the spawns, fast respawns, it’s just an exercise in frustration.

I just log in and do whatever. Oh and I do my daily every day. I do my monthly too, but not if it involves PvP.

Posted by: dudikoff.3645

dudikoff.3645

I do my daily first. The gathering part I always complete in Orr. Then I do one or two paths in dungeons, sometimes fractals (daily).
If I have more time, I’ll do exploring and leveling on alts. If my guild is doing www I’ll join.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I believe “playing wrong” refers to people who use systems that are inefficient in GW2.
For instance farming compulsively the same mobs until DR is not a supported way to obtain gold in GW2, so that would be “playing wrong”.
In general it could also be referred to people who rush/skip everything to get to the infinite gear treadmill part that isn’t present in GW2, or try to “grind” legendaries that are not meant to be grinded for, etc etc, they try to “cheat” some mechanics to get things that are not meant to be gotten that way.
It could also refer to people who expect to be making money by playing the TP instead of playing the game (game can give around 5g/hour).
In WvW I think we could say “playing wrong” is randomly zerging gates with uncoordinated groups instead of gathering proper coordinated teams to use specific tactics and siege.

I think I got them all?

Posted by: xWESTsidex.4980

xWESTsidex.4980

Well after I log in, I usually go on my main (Ranger) and look for some events in Orr for some karma. If there are none I go to WvW with my alt (Necro) and after I’m done with that I switch to my lvl 40 alt to try to level. The lvl 40 alt is taking a while to level because I do not want to explore the map again lol. My main was leveled normally and my necro was leveled when Hurricane Sandy was in my area. But usually during the time I’m logged in, I do my dailies while switching characters.

Lvl 80 Ranger. Lvl 80 Necro.
Officer of Warriors and Rebels [WaR]
Gate of Madness

Posted by: Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Mizuki Kusanagi.6584

Most days are spent doing the dailies – I play quite late (UK-9pm onwards), and sometimes there’s not much time to get the daily done before reset @ midnight.

If there’s sufficient free time after the daily, I’ll switch to one of my non-level-80 alts and complete a couple of Personal Story quests.

Saturday’s are presently taken up with weekly guild event in which we get our Charr’s together to storm through and complete explorable zones.

Sunday’s are anything goes – GW2 dungeons, PS, fractals,
OR other games if I’m feeling a bit of gw burnout (Skyrim, FTL, Dawn of War, Lego games)

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

I keep hearing the phrase: “You are not playing it right.” So I was wondering, what is a typical day/log in session like for you?

For me, in the morning with my coffee, I log on and generally I will log onto my main, a level 80 ranger and go and get small scales. I am working on a personal goal (the same one I had in Guild Wars 1) and that is to have a full stack of every material. If you are wondering, no, I never actually completed this task in GW1, as I depleted my gems when I needed them for Vabbian armor for my hall of monuments.

I never thought I’d see someone make this claim. I thought I was the only one in pursuing this frivolous endeavor. I never came close in GW, and I suspect I’ll never come close in this one either.

Posted by: Nalora.7964

Nalora.7964

I never thought I’d see someone make this claim. I thought I was the only one in pursuing this frivolous endeavor. I never came close in GW, and I suspect I’ll never come close in this one either.

I always have some goal of my own in games. I have to, or the long stretches of tedium get to me. I almost had (still do) a full mat bank in GW1, it is much harder in GW2, especially for things that are pesky to get or rare. My longest achieved material in GW1 was fur squares. Mainly because I did it by gathering Charr Hides and trading them in for Fur squares to the collector in Ascalon City.

It also gives me a place to go. “Oh, what am I looking for today? —-Rosemary! Ok, off I go!”

DEMAND Bunny Slippers and a bathrobe!

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Red Falcon: It’s my understanding that TP PvP is the only supported method of gaining gold in this game; anything else is falling behind/wasting time. Or at least, TP PvP is thousands of times more profitable, and the top 1-5% richest players made most of their money on the TP. I’m pretty sure “doing it wrong” means “playing the game” instead of PvPing on the Trading Post.

OP: Most days I don’t have time to log in (it’s nice to see others saying the same!). When I do, I usually have time to play one or two personal story missions on alts – that’s the main thing I’m pursuing these days. I’m really enjoying all the “Act 1s” from each race, and I’m trying to decide which I like best enough to double-up races so I can have one character of each class. (Humans have some of the best stories so far!) I’m also impressed by everyone who talked about doing dailies in 20-30 mins; that’s 1 to 1 1/2 hours for me, easily. Most days I get to play that doesn’t happen, since my max play time is typically about an hour. Sometimes on the odd Saturday I can get two or three, but I don’t have time to play much on weekends, either.

In the past, I’ve tried to focus on dailies, but when that takes about an hour or more and that’s 100% of the time you have to play, that becomes a very boring, very painful way to play the game quite quickly. (I’m a little sad that all this new, cool end-game gear requires dailies – but to be fair, I’m obviously not their target player for that gear.) I’ve also focused on other goals like: getting my main to 80 (yay!), completing the personal story (yay!), and getting all professions to 400 (3/8 so far). I’ve also tried making money, but that is equally as painful and boring since that pretty much means grinding Orr (gets old after a couple days) or TP PvP, which I’m spectacularly bad at (and thus, the game). I don’t usually have time for dungeons (also see: 1 hr max), and my fractal level is also 2. I’ve never had more than 30g in my life, and I’ve played since pre-launch.

All told, I’m having a great time with the game, although I’m undoubtedly playing it wrong. Sometimes I get caught up in the fact that I’ll never be able to afford stuff that requires gems or some of the cool end-game gear, and that’s a little depressing, but frankly I don’t even know what stats are particularly useful for pretty much any of my characters anyway, so it doesn’t really matter. And I’m in a great casual guild that is very fun, and I don’t foresee running out of interesting content for quite some time. My future goals include getting 100% map completion on a character, and running every dungeon at least once.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Log into whichever character I am leveling at the time. Head over to the map the Personal Story step is pointing to. Clear the map. Go to the story location. Repeat for next step. This is not in a single session unless it’s Queensdale.

The way I clear maps is to spiral into the center. At least that is the theory, in practice I end up chasing resource nodes quite often.

As for triggering DR that depends on what you think it is for. To me it is obviously one of the ways for combating bots. What that translate into is that DR will be triggered if you behave like a bot. How does a bot behave? At least some of them? Stand on one spot and maybe move a little while killing anything that is in range.

Basically I don’t think you will trigger any of the anti-botting features if you just play normally rather than try to min-max everything. That includes things like parking a character at every dragon lieutenant and attempt to loot every one of those chests every time they spawn.

Now for a bit of my own paranoia. Some of the people crying about drops and DR aren’t necessarily honest either. They could very well be gold sellers or working for one. A little social engineering can go a long way.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I believe “playing wrong” refers to people who use systems that are inefficient in GW2.

Well, this definition depends on the person using it. For some folks, yes, that is what it means. For others, it means that a given player is not playing the game the way they themselves play or the way they perceive A-net expecting them to play.

I’ve been told that I’m “playing wrong” if I don’t run dungeons, daily fractals, PvP, WvW, or do jumping puzzles. Heck, I’ve been told I’m “playing wrong” if I craft! lol

This definition really is subjective.

Posted by: Dim.5720

Dim.5720

Wow, no wonder people complain about grind… you people (lol) have turned this game into a job.

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

Hubby and I log in after dinner most every weeknight. Decide which of our five characters each to play. Might depend on who is ready for the next step of personal story. Might depend on where we are going to do the daily. Might not have time to do both story and daily in the 2ish hours we play. Will be glad when we can pick daily tasks.

We are doing the daily (and the monthly for the first time) because we need karma like crazy to buy level 80 gear. Only 1 character each so far in 80 exotic, although I crafted some exotic for another character, but it’s not complete yet.

We just started doing dungeons, so no dungeon tokens yet. But if we like them well enough, might do some (excluding FoTM) on the weekends for dungeon gear.

We gather/mine as much as possible because of crafting. Only sell lvl 1 mats right now. I use laurels to buy gear to salvage (if I don’t actually need it) to get ecto, and trade laurel for high level mats. Would like to craft more 80 gear. And 80 exotic jewelry someday! Buy a few yellow rares on TP each day (if price is good) to salvage for ecto. I have only ever gotten two rare drops for lvl 80. Both were rings, so I could use them both.

We do most dynamic events when we run across them, but if we are on a mission (must…reach…story…waypoint…) we’ll pass them by. Sometimes we try jumping puzzles. Do Champions/World bosses for the challenge sometimes, but not for the drops. We play anywhere from Queensdale to Orr, but pretty much consider Lion’s Arch as home base now.

If I am playing alone, I’ll do sPvP with my Necro (rank 11). One in a great while WvW.

Posted by: Brtiva.9721

Brtiva.9721

I did another mmo, it became a job and the game went a direction I truly disliked. A huge grind and full of griefers. Gave it time to change but it changed for the worse only.

Here I just do what I want and the game seems designed for it. I just do events ( champ events among them) and hearts and explore, fight stuff, and have fun doing it. Many would say I am doing it wrong I am sure. But I do this for fun, and just don’t do anything I do not care for.

As it is, I am having lots of fun doing things this way

Posted by: Zhaneel.9208

Zhaneel.9208

I’m trying to enjoy the game again, and so far it’s been ok. I started logging in for dailies to collect coin, karma and laurels. I’m also slowly leveling up my guardian, elementalist, necro and ranger. I’m still deciding which races I want for which professions though. I’ve been busy lately but I’m trying to explore more content before the update at the end of the month. Events are generally still fun to get in on.

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

How do you play? What do you do when you log in?

1. log into character in wayfarers foothills, check if the frozen maw meta event is up.
2. do the frozen maw meta event if it is up, if not then
3. gather resources: chop trees, mine ores
4. check what are the dailies while doing so.
5. complete dailies if not 100%
6. complete pvp dailies if not 100%
7. progress monthly if not 100%
8. progress monthly pvp is not 100%
9. check guild channel if anyone is doing dungeons
10. skip dungeons if too tired or no mood for it

how i finish dailies:
1. veterans, visit their usual spot in wayfarers foothills
2. events, the frozen maw and the lodge north of it.
3. gathers, areas nearby frozen maw
4. revives, areas nearby there got dead npcs
5. dodges, thief short bow 3rd skill on a flame legion turret in ascalon foothills
6. aquatic kills, south of frozen maw
7. crafting, guardian parked in lions arch
8. visit laurel vendor, guardian parked in lions arch

Posted by: Naii.9810

Naii.9810

Dailies, one or two runs of CoF. Craft if I’m really bored.

Posted by: Yocchan.8902

Yocchan.8902

I usually have no plans logging in, I tend to start with my main though. There is nothing more exciting than just following what’s going on at the moment around you in GW2. If nothing’s going on, I might just waypoint to Divinity’s Reach to look at the beautiful architecture for a bit. Then I head back into the world, doing some exploration/jumping puzzles, or I switch characters to level an alt. Sometimes I join up with my guild to do some WvW, but not too often – my computer can’t handle the zergs that well. Following whatever event is happening at the moment is what I love the most though. I have set up a rule for myself to never farm events, as I feel they get boring the moment I start focusing on the reward instead of the experience. I try to see the game as the sylvari say: “Where life goes – so, too, should you”.

Posted by: Apolyon.6937

Apolyon.6937

When I get back home from my work I spend something between 2-5 hours playing. Right now I’m just levelling alts, going through the personal story for all the races, and doing the dailies.

Also, if some friend or guildie needs help with a dungeon or fractal I may jump in. I may go for the dungeon master title soon, just missing 2 paths from Arah, 3 paths from HotW, and 1 path from CoF.

When the patch for the loot is applied I may start farming Orr and CoF path 1 again.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Computer is caput atm, but generally…

Weeknghts:
come home from work
grab an alt and goof around for 30 mins till my wife comes home
dinner, wife, etc
tuck her in, play GW2 till 1am

Weekends (if no plans):
sleep in
GW2
play with wife
GW2
play with wife
GW2
play with wife
GW2 till 2am

how I play:
altoholic so I have 3 main characters between 40-60 that I’ve been playing (plus a few more alts <20). Explore, hearts, DEs, craft, storyline. I’ve finally decided which of my 3 toons will be my true main so when my computer’s fixed it’s off to the races to 80 with my Ranger.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

(edited by Seras.5702)

Posted by: bpphantom.8243

bpphantom.8243

Until recently I was:

Do my dailies.
Log out.

Then after getting one of each class and covering all the races I went back to my first toon. Now my time looks more like:

Continue to complete maps while walking to next story mission instance.
Complete dailies as I go (mostly, sometimes I have to specifically aim for a goal).
Log out when it’s time to sleep.

“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. Then leave the rest to Batman.”

Posted by: Lynne.8416

Lynne.8416

Right now my goal is to get my 8 characters to level 80 via open world PvE.
I do not play every day. But when I do play:
I do my daily. Usually takes 30-60 minutes depending on time of day and how many people are doing events.
I then spend the next 3 -4 hours leveling one of my characters apprx 5 levels via mapping an area and storyline.

Then sign out.

Posted by: Safer Saviour.9685

Safer Saviour.9685

I complete my dailies, then I send my Necromancer and Mesmer through their daily Fractals. After that, it varies.

At present, I’m working on a second armour set for my Mesmer, which is half done and should be complete in a couple of days. I’m also in the process of levelling an Elementalist. He is currently level 56, half way through map and story completion to boot.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

During the week

• Fractals lvl30+ on my Thief
  • Fractals lvl10+ on my Guardian
  • Whatever is left of daily, some events, and maybe a temple in Orr
  • Hop over to a dragon if one is spawning soon
  • Some monthly progress
  • Chat with guild for a bit and then log

During weekend

• All of the above
  • Clear a map on my Mesmer
  • Clear a map on my Necro
  • Some WvW or sPvP for an hour or so
  • Dungeons (Ac/Ta/HoTw/CoE/Se)

Still a ton of stuff to do and that I want to get. Starting to wish they would add another fractal or two into the rotation though.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Daily/Monthly PvE (sometimes PvP as well)
AC p1,2,3
CoF p1 if I have some spare time p2 as well
Farm Orr (Plinx, Penitent, Shelter, Jofast rinse and repeat)
Trade Wars 2
Log out

Posted by: quickthorn.4918

quickthorn.4918

I pop in and out of the game, but there’s a few things I do more regularly than others. I participate in guild events to do dungeons, WvW groups and fractals 2 to 3 times a week. At other times when I log in, I’ll either pop into WvW and see what’s up, or I’ll be levelling a character with my husband. While I do either I’ll keep an eye on the daily and make sure I get that completed and also check if I’m on my way to getting the monthly done.

Previously crafting would have been more a part of my regular routine but now I have everything maxed out I’ll only bother if I need something specific. Also I used to do the dragon events regularly but the chance of getting decent rewards isn’t good enough to justify going everyday unless I’m in the area.

(edited by quickthorn.4918)

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

I usually log in after 10pm. I spend most of the time playing WvW, sometimes with one of my level 80 characters, but mostly leveling a new character. I take a look at how far along I am with the daily, and then finish it if there’s not too much left (I don’t really care about laurels that much). Sometimes I do a bit of node gathering and food crafting, buy some new armor/weapons, or do some dungeon runs if I need some more gold. I also want to finish the different personal stories of each race at some point, but mostly I just play the game like a multiplayer fps, while maxing out new characters.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

Typically on a weeknight I will do a fractal daily first thing, then work on my PvE daily, then do some guild stuff like dungeon runs, world bosses, exploring, whatever people want to do. If I get bored of PvE i’ll hop into WvW for a few minutes, grab some badges. I also work on my monthly achievement but that usually gets done within the first couple of days. Weekends I’ll do whatever I feel like doing, so maybe some CoF speed farming, guild fractal runs, lots of dungeons…

These last few days I’ve been leveling a new character so other than doing my PvE daily I’m running AC most of the night to level her.