A Loss of Faith

A Loss of Faith

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: TheBitterness.6912

TheBitterness.6912

I’m not sure where to put this, so I will put it here. There is nothing here which is constructive in itself, only in that it gestures for the development staff at ArenaNet to look at the thoughts of others scattered throughout these forums. With that said, this is not an attack -however, if people would like to construe it as such, it’s the most polite in the history of verbal attacks.

Now, to the meat of it.

I have absolutely no desire to log into my Guild Wars 2 account and I do not believe that giving any rationale as to why will help anything. I do not believe that ArenaNet can or will do anything to make Guild Wars 2 better than the visually stunning yet remarkably mediocre and needlessly buggy game that it has been since launch.

That I do not believe anything can or will be done to fix the plethora of issues people have diligently compiled, spoken of politely and typed in rage-filled bursts should be telling and taken to heart. Sadly, I am quite sure that it will be locked and dismissed as simply more forum vitriol -nevermind the jokes that will come from my handle.

If people can find pleasure in Guild Wars 2 I am happy for them, I truly am. I don’t think that they’re somehow less of a person for it and I don’t think I’m superior for not being able to find pleasure in Guild Wars 2.

That’s all I will say on the matter and I can only hope that respondents and CMs are polite, that this thread is left open and that it is taken to heart. I’m not the only one that has lost faith in what was once an amazing developer and, unfortunately, I don’t think that I will be the last.

Best of luck to you, Guild Wars 2 players and ArenaNet.

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: UnderdogSMO.9428

UnderdogSMO.9428

I do not believe you are actually people.

now every one don’t respond and this post might go away.

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Calling this game remarkably mediocre is a value judgment. Simply an opinion. Other people’s opinions, of course, vary.

I find that people who say the game it too buggy, haven’t played many six month old MMOs, because it’s less buggy than a few of them I’ve played. It’s certainly more playable.

As to Anet not listening, that’s an interesting observation. Seems to me that not everyone agrees on everything, so listening to some people actually means that they’re not listening to others. If you’re one of the people they’re listening to, you wouldn’t feel that way.

The fractals is a perfect example. Some people love them. I don’t particularly mind them. If you listen to some people, it’s sorta what the game needed..but not all people.

So why should Anet listen to one group over another group? And if you’re not in the group they listened to, are they not really listening?

The Karka event caused a lot of problems because of it’s one time only nature. Since then they haven’t had a one time only event, and they’ve left other events around long enough for everyone to participate. Sounds like they’re listening to me.

The problem here is everyone believes they’re a game designer and everyone knows what’s best for the game. Unforunately, since everyone doesn’t agree, someone has to be wrong.

You may not be the only one who’s lost faith but as a long time Guild Wars 1 player, I haven’t, and a lot of other people haven’t.

Maybe it’s not your faith that’s misplaced, but your judgment in what makes a good game.

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Syeria.4812

Syeria.4812

I AM UNHAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT AND EVEN THOUGH NONE OF YOU KNOW ME, I FEEL OBLIGATED TO TELL EVERYONE I AM UNHAPPY.

I’m going to spend a bunch of time explaining what I think will happen to this thread, but I’m not going to say why I am unhappy with this game. But it’s critically important that everyone know that I am, in fact, unhappy.

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I AM UNHAPPY WITH THIS PRODUCT AND EVEN THOUGH NONE OF YOU KNOW ME, I FEEL OBLIGATED TO TELL EVERYONE I AM UNHAPPY.

I’m going to spend a bunch of time explaining what I think will happen to this thread, but I’m not going to say why I am unhappy with this game. But it’s critically important that everyone know that I am, in fact, unhappy.

Yeah, it’s not exactly constructive criticism is it? Good post, made me laugh.

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m not sure where to put this, so I will put it here. There is nothing here which is constructive in itself, only in that it gestures for the development staff at ArenaNet to look at the thoughts of others scattered throughout these forums. With that said, this is not an attack -however, if people would like to construe it as such, it’s the most polite in the history of verbal attacks.

Now, to the meat of it.

I have absolutely no desire to log into my Guild Wars 2 account and I do not believe that giving any rationale as to why will help anything. I do not believe that ArenaNet can or will do anything to make Guild Wars 2 better than the visually stunning yet remarkably mediocre and needlessly buggy game that it has been since launch.

That I do not believe anything can or will be done to fix the plethora of issues people have diligently compiled, spoken of politely and typed in rage-filled bursts should be telling and taken to heart. Sadly, I am quite sure that it will be locked and dismissed as simply more forum vitriol -nevermind the jokes that will come from my handle.

If people can find pleasure in Guild Wars 2 I am happy for them, I truly am. I don’t think that they’re somehow less of a person for it and I don’t think I’m superior for not being able to find pleasure in Guild Wars 2.

That’s all I will say on the matter and I can only hope that respondents and CMs are polite, that this thread is left open and that it is taken to heart. I’m not the only one that has lost faith in what was once an amazing developer and, unfortunately, I don’t think that I will be the last.

Is it possible that you are wanting a more traditional MMO experience? GW2 breaks a lot of molds and longtime MMO players may have a bit of culture shock in coming to this game. If the bugs are really, um, bugging you, it’s possible that many of these will be fixed eventually (achievement bug, I’m looking at you), as this really is a rather new MMO.

On the upside, there are a lot of great new games coming out this year, so at least you’ll possibly have plenty to do if you decide this game simply isn’t for you.

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Unfortunately, OP, your post simply comes across as a “your game sucks, I’m leaving!” thread. While I can (kind of) see what you’re trying to do, it uses a lot of passive-aggressive wording that almost invites the kind of response/locking that you ask the community/mods to avoid doing.

Without stating the reasons why you’re leaving, ANet also has no means of relaying proper feedback to the appropriate people who might be in a position to do something about it. Pointing to the “plethora of issues” on the forum really doesn’t help, because there are so many different complaints (some of which are justified, some which are being worked on, and some which are complaints that should be dismissed because they’re not seeing the bigger picture).

In any event, I hope that you did manage to find some enjoyment out of your time in GW2, and that your next adventures prove to be more fulfilling.

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

Who are you? And why should i care?

This is the official forum. So you must be some extraordinary person since you made a thread here about you leaving an MMO for us all to read, instead of posting feedback to the devs.

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Kuruptz.4782

Kuruptz.4782

Now, to the meat of it.

Oh my god PLEASE DONT LEAVE i am begging you!

You ruined the game for me i just cant loggin anymore i cant do it knowing you left….

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

Anet, will you survive this loss?

1+1 = potato

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I lost a lot of faith in the game when cosmetic progression was thrown out the window.

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

I lost a lot of faith in the game when cosmetic progression was thrown out the window.

Anet, will you survive this loss too?

1+1 = potato

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Creeper.9360

Creeper.9360

your name is oddly appropriate for your topic, OP

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

I am sure they will be fine, after all they can just continue to nerf the game to get people to buy more gems.

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Goettel.4389

Goettel.4389

I do not believe that ArenaNet can or will do anything to make Guild Wars 2 better than the visually stunning yet remarkably mediocre and needlessly buggy game that it has been since launch.

Stating opinions as fact, /thread.

Send an Asura who knows math. Problem solved.

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: Winfernal.9208

Winfernal.9208

I am sure they will be fine, after all they can just continue to nerf the game to get people to buy more gems.

Yes, you’re the last protector of the infamous “gem-blockade”, stopping people from buying gems. When you quit… all hope is gone.

Anet will continue on their evil plan of nerfing the game. They will stop the “gem-blockade”. And people will buy gems again… oh, the horror!

PLEASE, don’t leave us! Our hero!

“Kharomir” – Human Guardian
[DW] Dynasty Warriors, [TNA] The Northern Assembly
http://www.farshiverpeaks.com

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

…There is nothing here which is constructive in itself…

…and I can only hope that respondents and CMs are polite, that this thread is left open …

Clearly incompatible sentences.

Why do everyone that feels depressed with games, have the need to share it with the rest of the community? Geez

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I never understand these types of posts. I’ve left a lot of games because I didn’t like them and never felt the need to leave behind a trail of negative energy to the players who enjoy it, and aimed towards the developers.

As someone else said, your opinion is (whilst valid for what it’s worth), is subjective. I log into the game 6 out of 7 days per week, the 1 day I don’t is usually because I physically am not home for whatever reason. So I am having a blast, yes the bugs can be annoying, but they exist in any mmo out there, let’s not pretend that GW2 is the first and only mmo that’s had bugs.

A big positive for GW2 is the fact we’re not paying subs, so……there really isn’t actually a need to announce a big goodbye, because you can come back at any point and check things out.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: plasmacutter.2709

plasmacutter.2709

Isn’t this the very basis of yelp’s business model?

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

TheBitterness.6912 how much time says /age?

after you post that info, you will see several funny posts.

I took an arrow to the knee

A Loss of Faith

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hello everyone.

TheBitterness, while we appreciate that you took the time to write this feedback and let us know about it, “I quit” threads are not allowed on the forums as they are not conducive to creating a friendly community nor do they have room for constructive discussion. As such, this thread has been closed.

Thanks for your understanding.