A Second Chance?

A Second Chance?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Fuz.5621

Fuz.5621

Not a single cent on their shop from me from now on, at least until they get rid of ascended gear, infusions, gating and vertical progression.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I don’t have to give them a second chance, I was dubious/skeptical of the doomsayers enough not to have failed them on the first chance.

That said . . . I’m now skeptical/dubious ArenaNet can pull off the balancing act they hinted at wanting to pull over the course of the future. Again, I’ll leave when it’s no more fun to play; I might be back, I might not, depends on why it’s no more fun to play.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Mayam.8976

Mayam.8976

Are you going to give Anet a second chance?

No. I’ll keep an eye on the forums and IF and when they fix it I’ll weigh what they’ve actually changed against what I’m currently doing in my current MMO and how much grinding it will take to catch up.

But I don’t believe a word of what they have said so they only way I’ll consider anything is after people have posted that they have seen it in game. Not going to waste my recreation time on we’re working on it.

I don’t have much input on this “2nd chance” business. I’m still evaluating the first chance which we’re only 3 months into. The dungeon (tiered though it maybe so I guess that leaves the door open for peopl to argue that it’s not just ONE dungeon), rings, backpieces, Infusion upgrades, and a “zone” which is little more than an island that is currently just a “sketch” so to speak of what it will be in the future, aren’t nearly earth shattering. I assumed a slowing of progression in this game as opposed to some * ahem others I played the past. SLOWED that is not at a complete standstill.

I’m almost 100% sure that they will continue by opening doors to collect the Acended gear and such which will indeed make it pretty well accesable by all. I’m enitrely unconcerned about any “rift” opening between any haves and have nots.

Really I only spoke up here though to offer a word of caution to the player who made the abvove quoted post and any who may be also planning to do the same in “monitoring the Forums for improvement.” Have you, or anyone here really, ever seen any game’s forums flooded by droves of players who were just completely and thoroughly pleased? Personally, I most cetainly have not.

This exposes the tip of the iceberg of a much greater issue though. Here on these forums all any visitor or player is likely to see (or at least in such a great majority that the effcet is the same) is a game that’s got a foot in the grave and teetering on the edge of the abyss!

P.S Being that you in fact own the game though, why would you go to the forums anyway. You can just simply log in. All you could achieve by going to the forums instead of just logging in and playing and deciding if you like it or not, is to let others tell you how you feel (or should feel)

A Second Chance?

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8190

ThePainTrain.8190

Well it’s no secret that the last few days has seen the GW2 community divided on many issues. Topic words include ‘Manifesto’, ‘Philosophy’, ‘Grind’, ‘Gear Treadmill’, ‘Vertical/Horizontal Progression’ and so and so forth.

Well the AMA on Reddit has finished and for those that have read it, it is again likely to divide opinion.

For me, however, it comes down to this:

Again, it’s no secret that for many of us, gaming is very important to our lives. Whilst I cannot say I fall into this category these days, I certainly used to, and because of this I understand that for those of you playing for 8+ hours a day, Anet’s recent ‘betrayal of the manifesto’, has been taken very personally.

For those of you under that category, you are understandably asking questions such as ‘Why should I trust anything Anet says again? The answers on the AMA say ’we are working on this’, ‘we are aware of that’ but they have completely ignored everything they have said in the past, they could do it again.’

Are the answers in the AMA enough for you? Can you bring yourself to believe what they say again?

I can.

My own personal stance is that I have not heavily invested in the hate train. I cannot say that I have enjoyed the game as much as pre-patch. I think the population is heavily fractured, between those stuck at low level fractals, and those too scared to jump off the fractal treadmill for fear of being left behind. I immediately disliked how difficult it is to get Ascended items but am also pleased to find out that they are going to add more ways in which to obtain them. I disliked the patch but didn’t get caught up in the uproar. I personally think a lot of your reactions over the past few days have been embarassing and undignified. A lot of your responses, though, have been thoughtful, philosophical, well-organised.

Personally, I acknowledged that Chris both too responsibility for this fallout, and apologised for it.

I am also ready to give them a second chance, and so is my wife and so here we will stay.

So yeah, I am not saying those of you leaving are wrong or right, just showing my own personal stance on the matter.

I am going to stay and give them a second chance.

I’d like to hear your own stances and plans now.

Thanks.

I still do not think Arena Net have done anything wrong. So no need for me to give a second chance.

Love the new Fractals been doing them over and over their so fun.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Gehenna.3625

Gehenna.3625

I am sure a good amount of people are happy with the game, but for me personally the AMA only supported the broken trust and didn’t mend any bridges for me.

So, maybe in a year, after a few more releases I might check in to have a peek, but as it stands now that’s a maybe and I’m not planning to spend any money on this game beyond the initial 50 bucks I paid for it. For me to invest time and money into something I need to believe in the product and the company behind. At least to some degree. At the moment I don’t trust Anet in any shape or form.

Although I must say that they did give one type of clarity. They made it very clear that their plans for the future are not what I want. That much was clear. Since they admitted though that this stuff was planned already before release, it would’ve been much more honest that this would’ve been explained before release. And they aren’t even apologising for that.

So no second change in the near future, and a small maybe in the far future, but I am pretty sure other games will be out by then and GW2 will be just another one of those smalller MMOs that didn’t make it big in the end.

It’s a game forum. The truth is not to be found here.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Rococo.8347

Rococo.8347

Im torn to be honest. Im somewhat pacified by people commincating with players – that DOES make a vital difference. But it does still sound to me like there will be a constant need for ‘upgrades’ of gear – it may not be called a tier, but in essence there will be ‘mini’ tiers, with higher infusions etc – you wouldnt be able to leave the game for 8 months and not potentially come up against issues getting into any content you feel like when you come back.

A refund is the equivalent of almost 6 months sub for Wow – where i have very established characters and im swimming in gold – and also where i knew beforehand what i was getting into with gated content.

I dont want another wow

A Second Chance?

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

I am not sure, to be honest. I like that they plan to have ascended gear be obtained through various other parts of the game(hopefully level 80 zone “grinding”, Dynamic events, world vs world, crafting, etc). I like Chris’s answer to my personal question of “What are you planning on doing about the fractal leveling system. It is fragmenting the playerbase”. He stated they have a few options, one of them is to bracket the levels so that if you are a fractal level 3, you can group with anyone between 1-5. This will help, who knows how much. I still think that eventually, there wont be anyone running those low level fractals, or too few. Alts will not fill the gaps that the main characters have left. I think this will need to be addressed again in the future, and this is by far one of the biggest problems I have with this patch.

I do not like the idea of the “item treadmill” he mentioned, having our current infusions possibly outdated in the future.

With that said, I find myself torn again. I have since resubbed to WoW and am enjoying it. But what Chris said did help to ease some of the frustration I had. Still torn…

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

I would if it comes to that.
As of now they still haven’t failed their first chance in my eyes.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Cantide Colorless.7048

Cantide Colorless.7048

This is not a bad game, but i am not going to recommend it to anyone of my friends, cause after recent changes i am simply distrust arenanet developers. If i am going to buy “other” MMO i am aware that eventually i will met slow power creep and new content patches and constant class re-balancing in each new big expansion. I bought this game cause it promised to be different, but now only monetization model is different.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Sylv.5324

Sylv.5324

The AMA assuaged a lot of my concerns, though I wasn’t one of those who was freaking out.

Ardeth, Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Wiser with Age.3714

Wiser with Age.3714

Second chance? Doubtful. On the AMA, Chris did a lot of classic MMO double speak. It reminded me of my days when I still worked for Chase Bank and when I had to deal with SOE for my MMO needs.

To paraphrase, he admitted that they had always “intended” to have Ascended as part of launch. They all agreed internally that introducing Ascended after launch would be a fiasco. With this in mind, they wanted to assure people that you wouldn’t have to dungeon grind for them and wanted their acquisition to go in harmony with slowly grinding towards your Legendary weapon.

Yet by Chris’ own admission, ArenaNet did the complete opposite of everything that they were planning to do. Ascended gear was released in an extremely limited and ultra grindy fashion. To get Ascended pieces, you pretty much had to give up grinding towards your Legendary in exchange for the Fractal grinding. As if this wasn’t bad enough, ArenaNet gave little to no communication when they all had agreed that communication would be world shatteringly vital.

…..What? Whoops, my bad? From all of my years of working in the corporate sector and watching how SOE ran their MMOs, the only time that a company says something like this is when they’re dealing with a PR disaster over something that they had expected to stealth release without any real objection. When the situation first starts to go nuclear, they keep intentionally silent in the hopes that people just shut up and go away. Only when things truly implode do they make some kind of lame PR statement after the fact and “promise” that it was all an accident or miscommunication.

Did ArenaNet placate me? Not in the slightest. I’m expecting them to carefully dance around hacking people off for up to 3 months. By that time, they’ll expect that the usual customer forgetfullness will kick in. As a result, they’ll likely resume this same kind of crap within the next 6 months. If we can make it past the 6 month mark without any more noticeable shows of stupidity, then I might spend money on GW2 again (instead of my usual $15-$20 per month that I’ve been spending).

However in the mean time, I’m already MMO shopping. At this point, I may give The Secret World (TSW) a serious try using their trial system. If I really like things, then I might switch over to them full time. I find that I’m far more willing to return to a subscription fee and trinity class roles. While I like the Dynamic Event system of GW2 and their lack of hard trinity roles, I’d much rather be part of a game where I actually feel comfortable with how the devs are running their game.

We are Test Group F. (Don’t ask about what happened to the previous Test Groups.)

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Rhotsbin.8579

Rhotsbin.8579

Second chance at what? A second chance is when a mistake, and reparations, are made. Ascended gear is in, they’ve stated it’s full steam ahead on adding more of it, and they straight up lied (yes I know that’s a touchy word these days but call it what it is) about there being “little or no grind”. Seriously? No, really, SERIOUSLY!? If the AMA had just been honest I’d probably have returned to playing in a limited way.

Ascending gear. Descending game.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Not a dime from me from here on. I’ll play until I hit the pay wall. But their sale this weekend was horrible, the content on the store nil. Looks like they want cash for gold to bypass grind to be their market now.

This is my stance. Until and unless their actions prove me wrong.

I would love to be wrong about this, I really would. I really enjoy playing Guild Wars 2, even just wandering around solo in PVE is fun, and I’m not typically a PVE player. But unless they seriously cut the Ascended mat grind, as well as giving non-dungeon hamsters access to Ascended gear, my wallet will stay firmly shut.

If they really want to make money off people who have less time to play they should sell rested XP bars with higher drop-rates, higher monetary and karma rewards for completing hearts and DEs, and a crafting boost attached.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Masaki.2153

Masaki.2153

If I’m going to be forced into a gear grind to compete, I’d rather do it in a game that does gear grinds/dungeons/pvp better.

This game had one solid pro to outweigh what needed to be worked on, and they decided to toss that pro and ignore the broken content.

Feels too much like Nexon now.

Spot on. In 1 short week the game has emptied because of that feel.

LFG for fractals has even diminished.

Grind monkeys who burn through content have burned through it and, well, everyone else against the new gear tier are gone.

32 people on friends (that was always at least 75% present) and about the same who were “following” me at the same levels are at less than 5 in each over the past week.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: NoOneShotU.3479

NoOneShotU.3479

All I saw in the whole transcript was this:

1) We didnt want to put in a grind, but we did. Oops, we’ll fix that. (Ok fix it and we’ll see).

2) “But GW2 was designed without those restrictions, and we’ve always expected that we will someday raise the level cap in GW2.”

Kitten That! This game would have to be AMAZING for me to buy any expansion that raised the cap right now, and right now it frankly doesn’t. You want to talk about dead zones? Who is going to do temple runs at level 90? Are you going to scale them back so 1-2 people can do them and then lower the price of the rewards to match.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Still more RNG/grind for loot vs. skill…. shouldn’t be held back because RNG isn’t rolling in your favor (like really… any agony resist would do). You shouldn’t grind for the ascended stuff, except for maybe the ideal stats you want, but “grind” for the loot diversity to get cool skins and stuff working towards your legendary.

I mean it’s a free game so I’ll see where it goes. But honestly, there’s a lot of problems and I’ve just sort of put down the game for a bit.

A Second Chance?

Fuz.5621

I mean it’s a free game

It’s not free.

A Second Chance?

Bruno Sardine.2907

I mean it’s a free game

It’s not free.

Sorry… it’s free to continue playing.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Silver Chopper.4506

Silver Chopper.4506

‘Moving forward’ I will be very cautious about my time involvement in this game. I will also not spend money in the gem shop because of this uncertainty.

I do not like the content gating (especially by RNG), ascended gear and the fractals bandwagon (though the dungeon designs are good). I will play a few alt characters to go through the low level content a few more times with different professions/races and then I will see where the power creep stands in this game.

I purchased some games on Steam recently and I will split my time between them. Keeping an eye on where GW2 is heading for now.

PS: What will definitely make me stop playing will be a level cap increase in future expansions where all the gear grinded up to that point will become useless. Unless, they make current max exotic gear go up in level with your character.

PS2: I do appreciate Chris spending time with the community. Very commendable. Thank you.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Harbard.5738

Harbard.5738

I’m giving them a lame second chance, by turning the game into just something I play in between other games and probably not gonna spend much time and definitely no money unless they detract from this grindy, slow-treadmill bs and add some real good stuff to make multiple builds and multiple gear possible. I’m not holding my breath though.

Give me game. Not grind, not gating, not RNG, not +stat junk, not checklists.

A Second Chance?

Fuz.5621

I mean it’s a free game

It’s not free.

For how long? At some point you’ll have to buy gems or die in this kittened-up economy.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Perseus Ithikus.5483

Perseus Ithikus.5483

I had not finished giving them a first chance as yet due to work etc. I won’t be doing dungeons to grind for gear. I will just finish of the world with one character and if by that point it looks like you will need to treadmill to stay current then I shall most likely stop or go PvP if that improves. For me the next 3 months are a truer guide to the future. If I was to take a guess I would say I can’t see myself playing the game anywhere close to GW1 just feels to generic in may respects. Apart from the no subs it feels like it’s on the slow slide into the pot with Conan/Warhammer/Lotro Etc

A Second Chance?

Bruno Sardine.2907

I mean it’s a free game

It’s not free.

For how long? At some point you’ll have to buy gems or die in this kittened-up economy.

Not be crude… but turn down the sucking? I’ve yet to play this game for any length of time and end up running at a deficit (and I don’t play the grind for gold route, I just play the DEs if I’m near them, dungeons, and game in general). Anet never stated that playing poorly is punishment-free. If this happens to a player consistently, then they need to realize they’re not ready for it and/or figure out what they’re doing wrong.

Until it actually becomes a “you need to insert $X to progress or continue”, then it’ll be a pay to play game.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Really?
That does sound rather unbelievable.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

A Second Chance?

Posted by: cherrie.8907

cherrie.8907

I am definietly not giving ANet (nor Nexon, nor NCSoft) any more chances based solely on promises.
I’ll believe it when I see it.

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
-Mike Obrien
“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Piriel.5197

Piriel.5197

Second chance was after a release of a buggy game that didn’t really respect their manifesto.

Third chance was after a horrible BLC Halloween event. Consortium chests were actually worse.

People are complaining for the past 2 weeks about broken features and bugs and what do we get? Makeover kits. Nothing that has happened since launch seem to mean anything but “let’s put stuff in TP to make money and we’ll worry about bugs later.”

So, sadly no, not on GW2.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Medazolam.3058

Medazolam.3058

Lot of drama in these threads, make me wonder if some of you are taking video games a little to seriously.

I dont mind the changes, so no need for a second chance from me, looking forward to getting ascended gear with karma and WvW tokens, glad i listened to the developers and didn’t grind the fractals over and over and over…..

A Second Chance?

Posted by: WasAGuest.4973

WasAGuest.4973

Nah. I quit WoW for the whole RNG gated content garbage. I assumed GW2 would follow more closely to GW1. The “gated” Infusion in GW1 was well done as it was part of the story and completing the “Infusion Run” removed the gate. There wasn’t any of that dumb WoW RNG drops to progress nonsense.

If I’m going to have to grind, well, there’s just better games out there to do that in.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Shahiel.8342

Shahiel.8342

I will probably still log in for holiday events and to check out new content I think. But I don’t see myself spending much time besides that.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: marianojc.2965

marianojc.2965

I do not like manifestos. Manifestos are words, intentions, and I like better people who does not talk too much but does things well and hears/reads customers views and actually show that they are able to change. In this case of Guild Wars, the Manifesto instead of looking like the First Stone of Guild Wars 2, looks to me like the Epitaph of Guild Wars 1. In the manifesto they rather express their motivations for doing Guild Wars 1, than their motivations for doing Guild Wars 2. I do not think that with Guild Wars 2 it has been done more progress in the making of MMORPGS than what has been done in other MMORPGs and other MMOs. Guild Wars 2 after the open beta, I think it is still in the “purchased” beta, and we have not yet arrived to the gamma, it may take a year or two, they could have launched the game as well early this year better than in august.

So, yes, I give a second chance to Arena.net, actually, I give a second chance to my self as well, because after having played for many years GW1 and having waited for GW2 for years as well, I have invested too much time and effort to lose all hope on it. I will wait until the next expansion, that I hope it will be directed to the Asian market, I hope there will be some new professions and it may be that I like one of them.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Toggles.1783

Toggles.1783

I’m still in the wait and see camp. I won’t spend anymore money on the game and I’ll play a lot less. I’ll dig back into my Steam backlog in the meantime. The AMA didn’t really restore my faith in the brand. I feel like I just need to see what they implement – I don’t trust that I understand where they’re really headed. I thought I understood their philosophy before, but clearly I didn’t. I did appreciate Chris’ willingness to spend so much time answering questions though, including some of the tough ones. That gives me some hope.

Very well put and (more or less) sums up my opinion right down to the steam backlog.

@OP
Am I going to give them a second chance? Well that depends what "second chance " means.

My wallet is definitely on hold and CC info deleted(for security reasons incase I randomly decide to stop playing one day) unless the game returns to the state I understood it to be upon purchase and was at launch. My playtime allotment for GW2 has greatly decreased. I’m not ‘on strike’ officially but I’d be lying if I said these issues weren’t the pressing cause of my decline.

Will I trust Anet again? Well, apparently there is a big communication problem between Anet and myself. In the AMA, Mr. O’B indirectly told me the problem lies with my ability to accurately understand what I read. Whether or not he was accurate is irrelevant to the communication rift between us. Because of this communication problem and because I can’t just call them up for clarification, I definitely need to rethink how I handle this game. So while it may appear that I don’t ‘trust’ Anet anymore it’s really more a matter of me needing to protect myself from ‘misunderstanding’ Anet again.

Does second chance mean I’ll play GW2 ever again? Well I can’t see why not. It’s true that, unless changes come to rectify my issues, I won’t be playing like I used to nor consider it my ‘main MMO or game’. However it doesn’t harm me to play it facetiously since I’ve already paid for it and a refund isn’t an option. (especially since I’m still very happy with the CE statue and would not want to return it).

Well it’s no secret that the last few days has seen the GW2 community divided on many issues. Topic words include ‘Manifesto’, ‘Philosophy’, ‘Grind’, ‘Gear Treadmill’, ‘Vertical/Horizontal Progression’ and so and so forth.

Well the AMA on Reddit has finished and for those that have read it, it is again likely to divide opinion.

For me, however, it comes down to this:

Again, it’s no secret that for many of us, gaming is very important to our lives. Whilst I cannot say I fall into this category these days, I certainly used to, and because of this I understand that for those of you playing for 8+ hours a day, Anet’s recent ‘betrayal of the manifesto’, has been taken very personally.

For those of you under that category, you are understandably asking questions such as ‘Why should I trust anything Anet says again? The answers on the AMA say ’we are working on this’, ‘we are aware of that’ but they have completely ignored everything they have said in the past, they could do it again.’

Are the answers in the AMA enough for you? Can you bring yourself to believe what they say again?

I can.

My own personal stance is that I have not heavily invested in the hate train. I cannot say that I have enjoyed the game as much as pre-patch. I think the population is heavily fractured, between those stuck at low level fractals, and those too scared to jump off the fractal treadmill for fear of being left behind. I immediately disliked how difficult it is to get Ascended items but am also pleased to find out that they are going to add more ways in which to obtain them. I disliked the patch but didn’t get caught up in the uproar. I personally think a lot of your reactions over the past few days have been embarassing and undignified. A lot of your responses, though, have been thoughtful, philosophical, well-organised.

Personally, I acknowledged that Chris both too responsibility for this fallout, and apologised for it.

I am also ready to give them a second chance, and so is my wife and so here we will stay.

So yeah, I am not saying those of you leaving are wrong or right, just showing my own personal stance on the matter.

I am going to stay and give them a second chance.

I’d like to hear your own stances and plans now.

Thanks.

Personally, I find this part of your post to be embarrassing and undignified as well as detracts a lot from an otherwise well written OP… and now I’m doing it.

Level 80: Elementalist Engineer Guardian Mesmer Ranger Thief Warrior

(edited by Toggles.1783)

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Nope – they didn’t lose the first one yet (i’m still playing, after all). I’m still in evaluation phase and willing to see how they are going to fix the mess thay have made.
AMA made me slightly less pessimistic than i was few days ago, that’s all. I already know that the GW2 will not live up to my expectations – the gear grind was confirmed, even if the devs made every effort to call it by different names. Whethet it will be big enough to make me leave, or bearable i don’t know yet. A lot depends on how Anet will carry out the promises from the AMA (which were really nebulous, with too many important factors left unsaid).
What will be the other sources of new eq? Will the grind requirement be reduced? By how much? How soon? – Those are the important questions now. The answers to them will decide everything.

And if i find the answers sufficient, i may still be able to play in hope that Anet may yet still see the light after the locust leaves for a new game.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

A Second Chance?

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

I do appreciate Anet taking the time to open up the AMA. I found it interesting that more than once it was stated that “with the support of the community, we can accomplish…”.

Since the community is fractured at this point, not sure which community is meant. And if “support” means buying gems with RL money, then, no.

I have already put enough RL money in gems to pay for another 3 months of subscription in comparison. I won’t put any more money in the game until I see if they can straighten out the current mess they’ve made, and starting making improvements.

(edited by stpetemermaid.5947)

A Second Chance?

Posted by: IonicBlaze.7948

IonicBlaze.7948

I paid for the game so I will play it, but they wont see a single cent from me until they remove the treadmillgrind as I see it.

The spirit of Guild Wars died on Nov. 13 2012. R.I.P.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

I mean it’s a free game

It’s not free.

No, you have a third option at that point. Find something else to play. No offense intended, just pointing out you don’t have to break out your wallet if the game gets unfun due to restrictions on in game wealth. Just walk away.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Josher.9612

Josher.9612

I’m playing ME3 for now and will probably play other games I picked up over the holiday weekend for a few months. Will check back later to see how many Necro bugs have been squashed and if a decent LFG tool has been implemented. Won’t ever bother buying any sort of expansion until those KEY problems are addressed. I simply refuse to sit around for a 1/2 hour looking for a group, when I can only play for maybe 2 hrs. I can’t rely on the guild for groups all the time and sad to say many are already in groups by the time I get on. Frankly, I have no interest in running the same dungeons over and over again to play male barbie dress up. There are more engaging games out there.

GW2 was great up until 80, then you win. Not the way a MMO is supposed to be. But since there is no fee to keep me around, I can just stop playing and not care anymore, which is a bummer when it comes to social interaction.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Kain.9127

Kain.9127

I just started playing this game a few weeks ago and was absolutely blown away by how great it is. Then i got over the “new and shiny” phase and started noticing the bugs. It seems about 1/4 to 1/5 of each classes abilities and traits are bugged and not working at all or improperly. Not being able to complete the storyline? It wad absolutely unacceptable that that bug was allowed to remain for months.

Just as I was reaching end game, fractals were released. I cant begin to describe how dissapointed I am to see how that was implemented. Between the bugs still in game and their inexcusably shoddy release of new content, they wont get a dime further from me.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: jrdp.1856

jrdp.1856

Hmmm… NO

I will play only WvWvW only for fun as if there were no tomorrow till the moment i would lag behind, then (or before if i found any green pasture) i will be out.

Next thing to do, give a try to Mechwarrior Online and Planetside2 this week.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Horrorscope.7632

Horrorscope.7632

I’m not sure I break it down to a second chance. My plan is to play this casually, meaning I’m going for 100% map completion as my first goal and possibly only goal, I’m leveling a couple players as I play with different groups. If there is something more for me at the time map completion is done, then I’ll stick around longer, if not I’ll see what the expansion looks like and decide then and move on to something else. Satisfied. If I make it close to map completion I will be satisfied, I’ve paid the same for much less already.

In regards to those that were very hurt by the changes, to me why would words change it? They are upset at the change and it’s affect. Words don’t change that. If you hate vert progression, if they apologized for it but still keep it, words in a case like that don’t matter. You now have 100’s of hours in front of you of something you don’t like. Those words will fade much faster then that.

This doesn’t change my view that I hate dungeons in GW2, pretty much from A to Z. Funny thing is my fav mmo is DDO and was all dungeons, it’s just how they do them in GW2 and how it also affects other bigger parts of the game.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Amonde Daneren.2380

Amonde Daneren.2380

For me there are no second chances to be given. This is no longer about mistakes, but irreconcilable differences.
I will not play a game with vertical progression. It doesn’t matter if it’s +1 or +50, if you need 1 demon eyes or 250 demon eyes. I can tolerate it, and frame it as an extended tutorial, as long as I have clear indication that it will at some point STOP.

The recent AMA was very informative, and gratz to them for doing it. I found out what I needed to know: this is not a game that I can play.
As for coming back, or still playing on the fringes, I will not do that as I feel it sends out mixed messages. I only wish their marketing campaign had made this point clearer, not for the money (i consider that a tip for the fun i had in GW1), but so that it has saved me the effort and time that I invested in a game that I cannot ever play the way I want to.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

how can anyone trust them once they introduced ascended gears and slot upgrade progression? People get fooled by it’s just a slot item, but those upgrades going into the slot could potentially have so much stats on them that it will make a difference in both PvE and PvP that everyone must get (aka grind) them.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

I’m highly annoyed with their change of view, but this is still by far the best MMO I’ve ever played. And with CoH gone, the only other choices are WoW and WoW clone #729. So I’ll be staying, until they screw up to the point where the game is unplayable, or ruin all the other fun professions like they keep doing to mesmers.

Playable Tengu please!

A Second Chance?

Posted by: NaughtyProwler.8653

NaughtyProwler.8653

No thanks. I don’t feel like being made a fool for a second time.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: arcaneclarity.5283

arcaneclarity.5283

There is nothing to justify a second chance. They haven’t recanted their motive to move forward with the gear treadmill.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

how can anyone trust them once they introduced ascended gears and slot upgrade progression? People get fooled by it’s just a slot item, but those upgrades going into the slot could potentially have so much stats on them that it will make a difference in both PvE and PvP that everyone must get (aka grind) them.

because I dont play for potential or speculation, I play for fun and to use whats available now.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: stpetemermaid.5947

stpetemermaid.5947

There is nothing to justify a second chance. They haven’t recanted their motive to move forward with the gear treadmill.

Their motive appears to be to ‘make everyone happy.’ But I don’t see how that’s possible.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: CJAncients.6907

CJAncients.6907

Will lurk around to see what happens, but a second chance is unlikely.

I get the feeling that Ascended will work a lot like Epics in WoW.

A Second Chance?

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

They get a second chance from me, at least until Darkfall:UW comes out in a few weeks. That game will determine my activity here, rather than vice versa — which is very different from what I would have expected a month ago.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

A Second Chance?

Fuz.5621

I mean it’s a free game

It’s not free.

No, you have a third option at that point. Find something else to play. No offense intended, just pointing out you don’t have to break out your wallet if the game gets unfun due to restrictions on in game wealth. Just walk away.

That was exactly the point.

A Second Chance?

Fuz.5621

… looks that the gear grind is here to say, and GW2 is just taking up space on HD.

I’ll check back in a few years, to see if ArenaNet has sorted out their waffling. In the mean time, Elder Scrolls Online is only months away, and Skyrim, with tons of reality mods is looking amazing, looks far better and runs far cooler than gw2,

Good Luck with all the monkey grinds.

Elder Scrolls Online has the gear treadmill too, fyi.
But they will be blown away by ESO.
The only way for them to not be would have been staying loyal to their manifesto and be UNIQUE; A game without vertical progression, grind and treadmills.
Changing that, they are just one of the many mmo around, and there is no reason to keep playing GW2 instead of ESO.