A True Side about Ley Line.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arden.7480

Arden.7480

I throught about Ley Line and suddenly I found something, what changed my mind.
I discovered Durmand Priory’s Library. I read about Scarlet, book written by Ogden about Dragons, and suddenly I found Ley Line Theory written by Asura from College of Dynamic calls Verzatt. We all know, that in Race of Asura are walking geniuses, so I think he was right. This are my thoughts:

1) Ley Line Energy in Lion’s Arch, Mount Maelstrom, Blazeridge Steppes and Snowden Drifts are the result of something what disrupted order after when we killed Scarlet Briar.

2) This Energy after killing Mordremoth spreads to Tyria, so suddenly much Ley Line arrived to Tyria, and I think, that Ley Line have not space under ground, so it came out.

3) I read, that Ley Line in Tyria means next destruction. It is wrong thinking, because, how we can read on “Ley Line Theory”: “Magic, like air or water, supports life and surrounds us”, and Ley Line is something what support everything in Tyria.

4) I said EVERYTHING IN TYRIA, so not only trees, water, every races, but dragons as well. Dragons like nature need magic, need power for growth. They are part of Tyria.

5) What happens when something change with Ley Line? Begin to appear strange things.

6) Caithe said important thing in The Races of Tyria trailer: “Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current.” Magic is River and when going wrong, everything have bad consequences.

I used: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley_Line_Theory_671 and my observations.

“The Elder Dragon is no more”

(edited by Arden.7480)

Posted by: cptaylor.2670

cptaylor.2670

This is a nice compilation but what is your point?

What did you change your mind about?

I can tell English isn’t your first language but I still can’t figure out where you’re going with this?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

As far as I can tell the OP has come to the same conclusion as everyone else: that ley line energy is pure magic, magic (like energy in real life) cannot actually be destroyed so killing the dragons has released a lot of extra magic and it has to go somewhere.

At the moment it has no focus so it’s going everywhere and causing all kinds of strange effects.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Arden.7480

With “change my mind” I meant change my look to things about ley line. When I read this… Oh, I was shocked that is so complicated and interesting. Now I know why Scarlet was fascinated.

It is about effects and sense of Ley Line Energy. I wanted to change thinking people, who belive that Ley Line is bad. It is not truth. Ley Line Energy is everywhere and is good, but if someone use it for creepy things, it is horrible, for example Scarlet- she built the Breachmaker near the largest concentration of Ley Line Energy or Mordremoth- he consumed Ley Line to stay alive.

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

I never thought that Ley Line energy was either good or bad. It’s just part of the natural order of Tyria. From clues provided to us, we know that the Elder Dragons have been in a cycle of awakening, consuming the magic (ley energy) and then entering a hibernation phase. During this hibernation phase, the magic they have consumed leeches from them back into the world until they awaken and the cycle repeats itself.

Another thing we know is that when the Elder Dragons awaken to consume magic, the world of Tyria experiences great extinction events of most of the sentient intelligent life (Giganticus Lupus, for example). So, in our current time, we see the modern intelligent lifeforms trying to avoid their demise by killing the dragons. What we don’t know is what effect this will have on Tyria.

As grim as it may be, the Elder Dragons have maintained a natural order to the world. Now that we are upsetting that order, what consequences will that bear? Only time will tell….

Posted by: Rankomonaut.4708

Rankomonaut.4708

Preventing the things that are meant to happen will probably result in destruction in form we cannot yet imagine.
So, killing the dragons will backstab us before the end has come (;

as to LLE: Yeah, pretty much what is common knowledge and opinion^^

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

This should probably be in the lore forum. That aside, the question of what’s going to happen as the dragons are killed has intrigued me too. More magic available in the world must surely mean everyone’s magic gets a little stronger? A possible explanation for the power creep of the elite specs….?

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

They should put some ley line energy where the Claw of Jormag shows up. They could update the event to incorporate it. The event is kind of stale as it is.

Arden.7480

Every Boss needs changes and Ley Line is help for this.

One thing makes me wonder. First signs of leaking LLE appeared in Mount Maelstrom, Blazeridge Steppes and… Snowden Drifts. Why there?

Mount Maesltrom- Megadestroyer, place of influence Primordus
Blazeridge Steppes- The Shatterer- champion of Kralkatorrik, Kralkatorrik’s Legacy
Snowden Drifts- ??? Why there? Frostgorge Sound should be place, where should be Ley Line Events. What do You think about it?