A Win For Everyone

A Win For Everyone

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

I think this video has some useful, constructive and well-thoughtout ideas in terms of creating and implementing control mechanics in boss encounters—the kind of mechanics that would give players the satisfaction of playing roles with decisive action, rather than being one of many dpsers.

The ideas contained within are interesting most of all because I think they could be implemented without necessarily changing the current meta for those players that enjoy the game the way it is. The kinds of fights that would be based on this meta could, if necessary, be limited to a “hard mode” of instances or different “paths” of new dungeons.

But only if necessary. I actually think this kind of mechanic revamp can create encounters for all playstyles, increasing the number of people consistently playing the game, thus increasing cash shop revenue. It’s a win for everyone.

What did you think of the video? And what do you think about how it could be implemented?

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

A Win For Everyone

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Some interesting points and a lot of constructive feedback. I agree that the rest of the anet trinity is not seeing enough effect, and that support and control are defeated by game mechanics and the avoidance of a “healer” in groups as well as other such things, so that damage is now the only thing worthwhile.

I would change more things or do it differently but what is suggested in the video is a good starting point.

A Win For Everyone

Posted by: Kaaboose.3897

Kaaboose.3897

There is a link to the offical forums in the about section of each of my videos Guns and Giblets. I’ll be sure to advertise that more often in the videos themselves to prevent multithreads.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Fix-the-Guild-Wars-2-Un-Holy-Trinity/
Don’t think I don’t apreacete you trying to support the video and the proposed changes because I certinly do! It’s just easier on Anet if they have less posts to go through!

A Win For Everyone

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Lupicus is not the hardest boss in the game. Lupicus is quite easy -_-
Ideas given in the video though are pretty not bad. At first I thought that the guy will just ask for trinity back, but he doesn’t and actually does seem to know what he is talking about. I recommend watching it.

A Win For Everyone

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

Lupicus is not the hardest boss in the game. Lupicus is quite easy -_-
Ideas given in the video though are pretty not bad. At first I thought that the guy will just ask for trinity back, but he doesn’t and actually does seem to know what he is talking about. I recommend watching it.

Agreed. Pretty sure Legendary Grawl Shaman has that distinction on level 30+.